• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
He still is technically a clone of Fox though, even with his more diversified moveset, cause its still clear his moveset was inspired by Fox' moveset
Wolf as is is over 90% unique. Being based on Fox initially during Brawl's development means little, when he was diversified so much that even calling him a semi-clone fails to accurately rationalize his moveset and overall design. He really doesn't need to be diversified more, and comparing him to the likes of Roy is laughably ignorant; the only new move Wolf could really use is a final smash, and a unique final smash hardly matters.

Given it's easier from a development standpoint to give him a Landmaster, he'll probably have the same Final Smash as in Brawl.

I mean, Lucas has the exact same Final Smash as Ness. Dr. Mario, Lucina and Dark Pit also have carbon copies of other Final Smashes, so I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf was given the same treatment if only to save on resources.
If Falco couldn't get a new final smash in the base game despite all the Landmaster complaints, no way Wolf as DLC is getting one. The best Wolf could hope for final smash-wise is for it to keep its unique aspects unlike Lucas'

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Khoru Khoru talking **** about the Shovel Knight OST and I'm just here like
View attachment 76334
Get that **** outta my face please
Be nice.
don't put words in my mouth?? i like the shovel knight music.
i just think that all of the boss songs are vastly inferior to level songs and that arrangements not from the game shouldn't be a crutch for compositions to stand on.
Whether you think they're inferior, a few of them are pretty popular, and would fit because Smash is a fighting game.
Besides, how is an arrangement a "crutch" for the composition to stand on? That's unfair. Of course a complex music piece is going to less pleasing as a chiptune. Why would an arranged remix that does it justice not be valid?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I heard somewhere the rumoured SF3 characters Alex and Urien would be Day 1 DLC along with SF4 favourite Juri. Makes sense given that this is A. Capcom, thame company that put the expansion pack of SFXT right onto the disk and the pricing system of the game. Gotta give the people who don't wanna spend extra something to put the fight money towards.

D

Deleted member

Be nice.

Whether you think they're inferior, a few of them are pretty popular, and would fit because Smash is a fighting game.
Besides, how is an arrangement a "crutch" for the composition to stand on? That's unfair. Of course a complex music piece is going to less pleasing as a chiptune. Why would an arranged remix that does it justice not be valid?
You people need to learn I never swear seriously
When I use it, I'm trying to express an ironic subtext
The only exception is when talkong about video games bosses and let's be honest here, **** Propeller Knight in Plague of Shadows

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I want Juri to be in the base game. It's special if she's in the base game.
Capcom plz

You people need to learn I never swear seriously
When I use it, I'm trying to express an ironic subtext
The only exception is when talkong about video games bosses and let's be honest here, **** Propeller Knight in Plague of Shadows
Maybe just don't swear at all?
Even if you're not serious, "********" is a big red flag that says "RAGE RAGE RAGE".
Being nice is for people who are nice tho
You too. :glare:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I want Juri to be in the base game. It's special if she's in the base game.
Capcom plz

Maybe just don't swear at all?
Even if you're not serious, "********" is a big red flag that says "RAGE RAGE RAGE".

You too. :glare:
I don't use swearings that big tho
A man's innapropriate vocabulary is measured by his skill with a dog and a duck
And I can't play Duck Hunt even if my life depended on it

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I'm just waiting for a SF4 character to appear in SF5 and their V-Skill is the focus attack and then everyone hates them.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Armada with that Viking roar after he and Android won doubles

Khoru

Smash Champion
i legitimately didn't know they were popular; that was why i asked
the crutch part is more with reference to hyper camelot. i don't necessarily see music with complex instrumentation as being necessarily superior to, say, chiptunes. however, i don't think that FWAoOM should be directly compared to hyper camelot. they're the same composition, of course, but the various vocals turn it into something else entirely.
the cover of the defender doesn't really stand up to the original, i think. also, let me clarify - i don't hate these songs? i just didn't know they were popular because the stage themes stood out more for me and they're what i see the most talk about.

also i will say that i really love that virt actually composed shovel knight's ost in famitracker. it probably still breaks nes limitations, but at least it's similar? a lot of chiptune songs in retraux games sound absolutely nothing like chiptunes of any platform.
i didn't think he was that bad with the floating bombs?

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Is there a link to the Smash 4 stream? Or is it over for now?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Ehhh, I can't say I'm too big on any boss theme from Butt Butt. At least not in 8 bit. Defender and Fight With All Our Might are amazing, but I'll take the stage themes before the boss themes.
Just personal preference though.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
You know what, forget this was ever here. I'm unimaginably sorry about this.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just another reminder for everyone here to not get too hotheaded.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So about Street Fighter...
"There will be 16 characters, plus one new character and 2 returning ones"
People are interpreting this as 3 unplayable characters/unlockables.

Personally, I think it's a mistranslation, but who knows. Thoughts?
I can see Alex and Urien being the 2 returning characters, and you have to unlock or buy them, and they're not being considered part of the cast of 16 characters. As for the one new character I'm guessing that's the boss of the game.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. Looks like MacD and Zero teamed up and killed the stream.
EDIT: Nevermind

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
As a matter of fact, four characters have Final Smashes that are 100% identical to others:
Dr. Mario - Doctor Finale: Carbon copy of Mario's Mario Finale using giant Megavitamins instead of fireballs. The only differences are the fire visual and sound effects being replaced by normal ones. Hitbox, damage and knockback are identical.
Dark Pit - Dark Pit Staff: Copy of Zelda's Light Arrow. Aesthetically, it looks like a sort of laser beam rather than an arrow of light, but the hitbox, damage and launch attributes are identical. (Note that Sheik's Light Arrow is actually different in damage and knockback output, but still similar.)
Lucina - Critical Hit: 100% identical to Marth's Critical Hit in both aesthetics and mechanics.
Lucas - PK Starstorm: 100% identical to Ness's PK Starstorm in both aesthetics and mechanics.

Similar Final Smashes (they act similar, but have some slight differences and may have drastically different visuals):
- Shulk's Chain Attack and Duck Hunt's NES Zapper Posse are both very similar to Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon. Mega Man has basically a projectile version.
- Sheik's Light Arrow has more horizontal knockback and deals slightly more damage than Zelda's Light Arrow.
- Falco's Landmaster is less powerful but has more aerial mobility.
- Robin's Pair Up and Greninja's Secret Ninja Attack are very similar to Ike's Great Aether. The only big difference is Robin's start up part, having more range, but harder to hit.
- All Mii Fighters' Final Smashes are similar to others. Mii Gunner's Full Blast is nearly identical to Samus's Zero Laser, Mii Brawler's Omega Blitz is similar to Ike's Great Aether and Mii Sword Fighter's Final Edge is similar to Wii Fit Trainer's Wii Fit.

And I'm pretty sure I didn't cover everything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just another reminder for everyone here to not get too hotheaded.
Don't you dare tell me what to do
Who the hell do you think you are?
I've seen bigger mods
Smth smth incase this is taken seriously
EST here and we are October 3 at around 4pm.

No we are not the 4th :)
And it's still 1pm on PT
PT is like that one slow friend in a walk that everybody has to wait for

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Why is it that every Sheik player uses the same color lol
Because it's dark end edgy, so cool ohmahgerd.
High level Smashers in general tend to like black color schemes.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
[blanked by user]

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Because it's dark end edgy, so cool ohmahgerd.
High level smashes in general tend to like black color schemes.
They genuinely do except for characters like :4falcon::4ness::4link::4tlink:&:4kirby: who player rarely go for their black alts.

Most people go for the regal white like :4marth::4zelda::4sonic::4samus:&:4metaknight: or fabulous pink like :4falcon::4littlemac::4dk::4pit::4villager:&:4robinf:. Or just go for the special alts like short shorts :4zss:, hoodie :4littlemac: or my favorite fuccboi :4shulk:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Say what? When did that happen?
I tended to read the comments of every comic. One Smash Bros related comic right around release was a bit. . .upset sounding in the comments. I guess boycott was a strong word, but I could feel the tension through the text and it beat out most Gamefaqs posts for sheer offense taken at Sakurai's design choices.

Yeah, sorry, don't know what I was thinking mentioning that. :(

Last edited:

Chrono.

I can see Alex and Urien being the 2 returning characters, and you have to unlock or buy them, and they're not being considered part of the cast of 16 characters. As for the one new character I'm guessing that's the boss of the game.
I was thinking that too, maybe they'll be the gateway characters for the DLC guys.

Similar to how Mewtwo was over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom