• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i can give an honest reason as to why scarecrow had a jack-o-lantern for a head
japan dosent know he exists
another reason could be
they combined jack and scarecrow because really when you think of scare corws 8 times out of 10 you think of ones with pumpkin heads....also what was scarecrows back story

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The more people rally against Shovel Knight and give him crap.

The more my support for him grows.

You being a **** about it and calling it nonsense won't escape the inevitability of it all if the rumor is true.

It'll just make you look like a straight up ****.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
another reason could be
they combined jack and scarecrow because really when you think of scare corws 8 times out of 10 you think of ones with pumpkin heads....also what was scarecrows back story
I suppose this counts as backstory

Entries for all the characters and enemies were also nice details they included in the game

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
another reason could be
Did you read the book or watch the movie?

If not how have you lived?

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Just caught up, responding to some posts I came across now:

Thing is they can just restart the match until they find a suitable stage but I do believe it's gonna get banned due to less knowledge of the stage and how the layout is random every time (I got a Battlefield form on my first play through)

Probably a counterpick
Yeah that wouldn't work. Time is a real issue in tournaments, and having to reset a stage over and over to get a random layout both players can agree on isn't the least bit feasible. The only way Mario Maker will be a feasible tournament stage is if holding certain buttons gets you a guaranteed preselected layout.

I just read through the community patch notes...
Some times I wonder exactly how terrible so many players are to the point that Nintendo nerfs things that dont need nerfing. I understand why Nintendo, as a business, needs to do things like that.....but I just feel that more players should take responsibility for their own suckiness instead of blaming a game or a character.
Eh? What unnecessary nerfs were there? The only real substantial nerf was to Luigi's down throw, and even if Luigi was overrated, it's still sensible; not only was it obscenely powerful, but with the increased shield stun Luigi will get grabs even easier, which in turn makes that already obscene throw even more powerful. And it's not like Luigi went uncompensated; as mentioned Luigi is going to get grabs even easier while his down throw still combos very well, and his down smash is a bit more powerful while his down air has a substantially large spike hitbox. The Luigi nerfs should really only be affecting the fair weather Luigi players who only played him for the easy throw combos, like the Diddy nerfs beforehand.

Has anyone got the patch notes yet? I've got conflicting sources.
The official Smashboards thread is always the best initial source. If a reported change isn't corroborated there, it's 99% likely it's placebo and pure bull****,
Quick question about fitness and **** :4wiifitm:
Is being 5-foot-7 / 99 lbs at the age of 16 a normal thing? :ohwell:
That's a BMI of 15.5, which is substantially underweight, you'll need about another 20 pounds to break the 18.5 BMI mark. So if you're looking to better your health and fitness, upping your calorie and protein intake (your calorie goal will depend on how active you are, but at least 100g of protein a day will be a good protein goal), while picking up a weight lifting regiment, to get to the 120 mark, will be an ideal first step for you.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm sad that Ziplash will fail because people are butheads...

Then no more Chibi-Robo.

At least I will buy it!

Khoru

Smash Champion

You being a **** about it and calling it nonsense won't escape the inevitability of it all if the rumor is true.

so you live your life to spite others and assume your views are the only correct ones?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122

don't like what i think? then ignore it. simple as that.

D

Deleted member

Then no more Chibi-Robo.

At least I will buy it!
Most of the Whiplash Ziplash hate comes from older Chibi Robo fans that don't like the fact it's a "generic platformer"
They're digging their own grave
Just like YCG if Butt Butt isn't in Smash after all the tweets

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

This behavior only causes more ****.

You're not thinking this through.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Guys, imagine the salt if a random federation force character was revealed as Smash dlc. The meltdown would be glorious.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Guys, imagine the salt if a random federation force character was revealed as Smash dlc. The meltdowm would be glorious.
I think I may be one of the only people what wouldn't be upset about something like that (same with @LIQUID12A since he said something similar) even either as Mii Costumes if that was the case.

Last edited:
Guys, imagine the salt if a random federation force character was revealed as Smash dlc. The meltdowm would be glorious.
if a mii fighter
cool. makes sense. genuinely want one. Thought the federation had a cool design since the second I saw them in Echoes.

if a full playable character
we riot.
I suppose this counts as backstory

Entries for all the characters and enemies were also nice details they included in the game
>This game has puns

brb going to buy a copy

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Eh? What unnecessary nerfs were there? The only real substantial nerf was to Luigi's down throw, and even if Luigi was overrated, it's still sensible; not only was it obscenely powerful, but with the increased shield stun Luigi will get grabs even easier, which in turn makes that already obscene throw even more powerful. And it's not like Luigi went uncompensated; as mentioned Luigi is going to get grabs even easier while his down throw still combos very well, and his down smash is a bit more powerful while his down air has a substantially large spike hitbox. The Luigi nerfs should really only be affecting the fair weather Luigi players who only played him for the easy throw combos, like the Diddy nerfs beforehand.
I'm not saying they're substantial or a ton of them, but they exist.
[goes back to page to find nerfs]
Roll and air dodge invinvibility nerf (I dont agree with this one but I under stand why)
near global get up attack nerf
Donkey punch doesnt do shield damage
Fox down throw was nerfed
Marth/Lucina= shield breaker nerf

^Those next ones make little sense imo.

There's more being found and I'm not including customs.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
so you live your life to spite others and assume your views are the only correct ones?
No. I spite those that are spiteful.

It might not help the situation, but treat others as they would treat you, etc, etc.

If you're going to **** all over something I like, there's nothing wrong with me wanting it more to spite you, when your opinions against it are very very vocal.

One is just a silent spite. The other? Not so much.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
The funny thing is you'll never see me so aggressively against a character that I have to bad mouth them, call them a nobody, etc, etc.

Yet I'm conceived of as the spiteful one? I'm not bad mouthing anyone's favorite or another user. Just silently wanting them to be proven wrong for being less than nice about a situation that is completely out of their hands in the first place.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

Then no more Chibi-Robo.

At least I will buy it!
I'm surprised they continued to make Chibi-Robo games for so long. I honestly think the game looks pretty bland, but I feel like I have to support my little Cheebo. However, even if they were to continue making Chibi-Robo games I don't know if they would make another game like the original I fell in love with. :c

Last edited:
No. I spite those that are spiteful.

It might not help the situation, but treat others as they would treat you, etc, etc.

If you're going to **** all over something I like, there's nothing wrong with me wanting it more to spite you, when your opinions against it are very very vocal.

One is just a silent spite. The other? Not so much.
IDK. . . anger brings more anger.

I feel like you can contradict someone and decrease spite without creating a more hostile environment :/

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
IDK. . . anger brings more anger.

I feel like you can contradict someone and decrease spite without creating a more hostile environment :/
I feel like you can also discuss a character's chances in Smash Brothers without the vitrol and hate that is spewed that fictional character's way too.

And before @Burb says it's about hurting a fictional character's feelings they don't have. It's not that. It's about the fact nobody wants to come into a thread and see negative words about their favorite things.

After all? You don't want someone coming into your house and saying your sofa is ugly or that the way you decorated your kitchen is trash.

It's the same concept. People have feelings and emotions tied to things they like.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It seems like every 2nd party series (I know that's not an actual term, but you know what I mean) that isn't Pokemon is doomed to fail, because Nintendo hardly advertises them.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It better not.

Chibi-Robo had amazing games.

I don't want his series to go on hiatus.
I apologize for my part in it, as I legitimately had no idea what his games played like or anything until the newest one showed up in directs. I want the new one for example and wouldn't mind him in Smash for example now that I know of the character.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Most of the Whiplash Ziplash hate comes from older Chibi Robo fans that don't like the fact it's a "generic platformer"
They're digging their own grave
Just like YCG if Butt Butt isn't in Smash after all the tweets
Honestly, it just doesn't look like it's that much fun, and from some of the gameplay I saw of it the mechanics look a little shoddy here and there. I've never played Chibi-Robo but the games looked fun at least. This one just... doesn't. And not just because it's a platformer, because it just doesn't look that great sadly. :/

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
I'm not saying they're substantial or a ton of them, but they exist.
[goes back to page to find nerfs]
Roll and air dodge invinvibility nerf (I dont agree with this one but I under stand why)
Except you know, air dodges have a ridiculous amount of invincibility for how little lag they have in the air, it's been a long time coming and it's a single frame reduction anyway.

near global get up attack nerf
They only deal 2 less shield damage, which in turns ties to the global shield nerf. This is completely inconsequential.

Fox down throw was nerfed
Except it wasn't nerfed? The individual lasers deal .5% less damage, while an extra one is shot, which turns up to 7% damage overall, the same as before.

Donkey punch doesnt do shield damage
Marth/Lucina= shield breaker nerf
People whinging about the Shield Breaker "nerfs" reminds me of when people whinged about Charizard's Flare Blitz dealing 1% more self-damage, people overreacting and complaining over something that has no real impact; an uncharged Shield Breaker is still going to do a ton of shield damage and shatter them completely if fully charged, and the extra shield stun will lead to even more overall shield damage from Giant Punch than it did before with its measly bonus 2 shield damage. Again these tie into the global shield nerf, where some moves had their shield damage negligibly reduced to counteract the increased shield stun.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I feel like you can also discuss a character's chances in Smash Brothers without the vitrol and hate that is spewed that fictional character's way too.

And before @Burb says it's about hurting a fictional character's feelings they don't have. It's not that. It's about the fact nobody wants to come into a thread and see negative words about their favorite things.

After all? You don't want someone coming into your house and saying your sofa is ugly or that the way you decorated your kitchen is trash.

It's the same concept. People have feelings and emotions tied to things they like.
and yet you dont see me attacking Burb every time he mocks my characters such as isaac and sora. yes burb and i have argued in the past, but in the end neither side wins so i just ignore what he says about my favorite characters and move on. why does it even matter? support your character by all means. but don't expect that there won't be some people who don't like him and go against him. just like you're allow to disagree with other people's characters so am i. and besides i wasn't attacking anyone specifically, only the character. sheesh its not the end of the world. calm down.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
another reason could be
Scarecrow specifically has a canvas head with a painted on face. It's literally the first thing you learn about him. He doesn't really have a backstory, he was just built two days before Dorothy found him in the field and it's never explained why he has life. Jack Pumpkinhead has a pumpkin head, but he isn't even a scarecrow. He's just a thing Princess Ozma built and gave life to.

And for the record, Tin Man is not a robot, he's technically a cyborg (literature's first, in fact) and the Lion is not a bipedal lion-man thing, he's... well, he's a lion.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean I understand why they went for a pumpkin head.

Scarecrows often have them.

It's just that having a Pumpkin Head is Pumpkinhead's thing.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
So I've been gone all day. What's the word on that whole more character placeholder thing?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Tin Man is not a robot, he's technically a cyborg (literature's first, in fact) .
Actually I have a legitimate question about this.

After his axe was enchanted it cut him apart limb by limb, with each one getting replaced by tin until he was completely tin.

Would it still count as a cyborg if there's no human parts left to him? I'm just wondering where that'd fall on the cyborg-to-android scale is all.

Khoru

Smash Champion
The funny thing is you'll never see me so aggressively against a character that I have to bad mouth them, call them a nobody, etc, etc.

Yet I'm conceived of as the spiteful one? I'm not bad mouthing anyone's favorite or another user. Just silently wanting them to be proven wrong for being less than nice about a situation that is completely out of their hands in the first place.
it doesn't really count as silently when you're saying "i'm not saying you're wrong, but you're wrong"
if things are out of people's hands, let's just abolish character speculation and discussion for good
there's like, a single person in this thread that is "aggressively against" shovel knight
this is silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom