• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
One sad thing we forgot.........the Crash rumor was debunked today, since no Crash as DLC....thus no Crash on the VC. Would have been nice to finally see Mario, Sonic and Crash together!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Actually I have a legitimate question about this.

After his axe was enchanted it cut him apart limb by limb, with each one getting replaced by tin until he was completely tin.

Would it still count as a cyborg if there's no human parts left to him? I'm just wondering where that'd fall on the cyborg-to-android scale is all.
Yes, he'd be a cyborg, because the change was gradual enough (one piece at a time) that he kept his human consciousness. Eventually he has a completely artificial body, but there's a man inside it, so to speak. I mean, it's a fantasy children's book written decades before computers existed, so the 'science' is suspect, but an android is artificial from word one, so the distinction is there.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yes, he'd be a cyborg, because the change was gradual enough (one piece at a time) that he kept his human consciousness. Eventually he has a completely artificial body, but there's a man inside it, so to speak. I mean, it's a fantasy children's book written decades before computers existed, so the 'science' is suspect, but an android is artificial from word one, so the distinction is there.
Gotcha, that makes sense. I just never really thought about where he'd fall in the spectrum until you brought it up. :laugh: The gradual replacement/keeping human consciousness thing makes sense.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Except you know, air dodges have a ridiculous amount of invincibility for how little lag they have in the air, it's been a long time coming and it's a single frame reduction anyway.
You ignored an important part of my post that you quoted
I dont agree with this one but I under stand why

They only deal 2 less shield damage, which in turns ties to the global shield nerf. This is completely inconsequential.
Again, I never said every nerf was consequential, simply that they exist. And you only bring up the point that shields were nerfed.

Except it wasn't nerfed? The individual lasers deal .5% less damage, while an extra one is shot, which turns up to 7% damage overall, the same as before.
I'm going by the update thread's main post. Fox's section, which claims to be complete, currently doesnt mention extra shots being fired. If that's true, then you should inform that thread so they can update it.

People whinging about the Shield Breaker "nerfs" reminds me of when people whinged about Charizard's Flare Blitz dealing 1% more self-damage, people overreacting and complaining over something that has no real impact; an uncharged Shield Breaker is still going to do a ton of shield damage and shatter them completely if fully charged, and the extra shield stun will lead to even more overall shield damage from Giant Punch than it did before with its measly bonus 2 shield damage. Again these tie into the global shield nerf, where some moves had their shield damage negligibly reduced to counteract the increased shield stun and decreased shield regeneration.
I'm wondering exactly how you interpreted my post
I just read through the community patch notes...
Some times I wonder exactly how terrible so many players are to the point that Nintendo nerfs things that dont need nerfing. I understand why Nintendo, as a business, needs to do things like that.....but I just feel that more players should take responsibility for their own suckiness instead of blaming a game or a character.
Of the things I listed, which needed to be nerfed?
I don't particularly care if the change is big or small, but if it doesnt need the be there then it doesnt need to be there.
What you're listing is how the changes effect the game, not why those changes were made in the first place. The closest you came to talking about my initial subject was your section on air dodges, and even then I already understood why (which was, again, in part of my post).
And not once did I say that the changes were huge or substantial.

I'm not saying they're substantial or a ton of them, but they exist.
It's exactly as I said. They exist. I hardly call that (stating facts) overreacting or whining, so I'd really appreciate if you'd be somewhat polite in your posts. Not once have I said anything rude or derogatory to you. Not once did I spread false information. Not once have I been condescending. Is it too much to ask that you do the same?

Maybe, I'm tired and just reading too much into your post, but your response just seems unnecessarily rude in its tone.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
0:59
Someone tell me how to do this.
Or is Styles the only human capable of playing Mega Man this good? O.O
Footstool to z-dropping metal blade to footstool. While on the ground, lemons to do the jab lock 3 times and then Uptilt on the get-up. It's inescapable.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
You ignored an important part of my post that you quoted
You said you don't agree with it, which means you find fault with it, and I'm responding as to why it's justified. If you find it justified, why bring it up as an example of a "unnecessary nerf"?

Again, I never said every nerf was consequential, simply that they exist. And you only bring up the point that shields were nerfed.
If a "nerf" isn't consequential, why complain about it to begin when it's not going to affect anything? And I bring up the shields because that's why the getup attacks deal 2 less bonus shield damage.

I'm going by the update thread's main post. Fox's section, which claims to be complete, currently doesnt mention extra shots being fired. If that's true, then you should inform that thread so they can update it.
You can easily test it yourself, and I already reported it there; in fact it's in the OP now.

Of the things I listed, which needed to be nerfed?
I don't particularly care if the change is big or small, but if it doesnt need the be there then it doesnt need to be there.
Except as explained, they weren't actually nerfed like you're making them out to be, and they were simple "quality of life" changes made to account for a significant engine change. Not every change to a percieved lower tier character needs to be a straight buff.

What you're listing is how the changes effect the game, not why those changes were made in the first place.
Except I did? The shield stun formula was reworked to inflict significantly more shield damage on shields, so some moves with bonus shield damage had it slightly reduced to account for the even greater shield damage they'll be inflicting with the longer shield stuns. That's explaining why, and ignoring significant engine changes when considering changes to characters shows a severe lack of understanding on how balancing works.

It's exactly as I said. They exist.
And again, if a "nerf" is only a nerf under the absolute technical term, who cares? How does it matter if it's not going to actually affect the actual game in the slightest?

I hardly call that (stating facts) overreacting or whining, so I'd really appreciate if you'd be somewhat polite in your posts. Not once have I said anything rude or derogatory to you. Not once did I spread false information. Not once have I been condescending. Is it too much to ask that you do the same?
Your original post I responded to:

"I just read through the community patch notes...
Some times I wonder exactly how terrible so many players are to the point that Nintendo nerfs things that dont need nerfing. I understand why Nintendo, as a business, needs to do things like that.....but I just feel that more players should take responsibility for their own suckiness instead of blaming a game or a character."

Sounds like complaining about a nonissue to me, lamenting about "needless nerfs" and blaming players being "terrible" for them happening, when the only actual nerfs in the patch was to Luigi's infamous down throw and a near-negligible knockback growth nerf on the final hit of his Cyclone.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
its ofically october first and you know what that means....
thats right sacrificeing townsfolk to the great centipede!

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
So who else exits and restarts every time Mario Maker makes a walk-off?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I haven't got any layout with lava hazards so far......

I wonder if I'm the only one who takes a number of screenshots of the layouts I like on order to build them later in stage builder or something.....

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I would dare a TO to make a Mario Maker only Tournament and see what happens.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so turns out rivals of aether has the second water rival leaked through the files
(as i have seen its sprite i know what it is but out of respect to the team i wont spoil it)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So who else exits and restarts every time Mario Maker makes a walk-off?
I don't.

Never understood the big deal about walk-off stages. lol

Anyway, I see there hasn't been anything new while I slept. Still waiting for any confirmation on 3DS's files, I see.

Shroob

Sup?
So come next character drop, it'll be impossible for the 3ds to incorporate them into its screen, unlike the WiiU, right?

Do we expect the 3ds to use a 2nd screen selectable via an arrow?

This actually is sorta funny to me.

Going by the placeholder data itself, saying that we have 2 more characters and 1 more stage, the 3ds has no more room for characters on the css without an arrow, but it does for 1 more dlc stage(More, obviously if they use all the black space, but for the sake of the argument), while the WiiU has room for 2 more characters, but unlike the 3ds, the DLC stage section doesn't look like it's obviously missing a stage.

Also, if there's only 1 more stage coming(For the 3DS, at least), anyone find it strange that there's still 2 characters to come? If both are post ballot, wouldn't it make sense for there to be 2 stages left? Is the team banking on one of the new characters from the ballot to be from an existing franchise?

Granted, this is going by JUST the placeholder data itself.

If anyone wonders why I say we have one stage left, while Source Gaming says we have 2, the 3ds, and WiiU, both have gotten 6 DLC stages each.

Both: Dreamland, Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, Suzaku Castle, Mario Maker.

3DS: Duck Hunt

WiiU: Pirate Ship.

Come the Mewtwo patch, they increased the DLC Stage placeholder data from 2 to 14(This includes Omega Forms), so currently, both versions have used 6 of their 7 placeholder spots.

Like I said, this is solely for the idea that the placeholder data is what is left to come. They could add more easily, but I'm just making an argument based around what we know for fact at the moment instead of what we hope.

If you held me at gunpoint, I'd honestly say that one of the 2 characters that we have yet to see if pre-ballot. It just doesn't make sense as to why they'd have 2 characters but only one stage unless they knew that the ballot winners wouldn't need new stages.

I honestly feel like this character is Wolf. He wouldn't require a new stage on either game, and my main belief as to why they're holding him back is to cross promote Star Fox WiiU.

Can I get some opinions here?

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I know I've said that I want Inklings saved for the next game as THE hyped newcomer, but...
Damn, they have so much potential, I want to see what they do with them NOW.

I'm going to play Splatoon for a while and see what I can come up with for a moveset.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Where else am I supposed to go?

Game traders is stupid because its varies between store, even then its mostly $80 for new games and the eshop is no good either.... :(

Suggestions for other places?
JB Hi-Fi
Target
Big W
K Mart
Any of those near you?
It's $69 at target but not available online.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Where else am I supposed to go?

Game traders is stupid because its varies between store, even then its mostly $80 for new games and the eshop is no good either.... :(

Suggestions for other places?
Where do you live bro? I got mine for normal VG price of $60.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Eh, here in Europe, games are usually around €40~50. Prices vary a bit depending on the store.

I don't buy a lot of games, anyway. 3DS games are usually the cheapest.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys, imagine the salt if a random federation force character was revealed as Smash dlc. The meltdown would be glorious.
I'm pretty sure that any Metroid character not named Ridley would be reviled.

At least, on the majority of this forum. I've seen a fair amount of chaps that would enjoy the idea of Sylux(and can't get enough of my efforts to push the character) outside Smashboards.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
So come next character drop, it'll be impossible for the 3ds to incorporate them into its screen, unlike the WiiU, right?

Do we expect the 3ds to use a 2nd screen selectable via an arrow?

This actually is sorta funny to me.

Going by the placeholder data itself, saying that we have 2 more characters and 1 more stage, the 3ds has no more room for characters on the css without an arrow, but it does for 1 more dlc stage(More, obviously if they use all the black space, but for the sake of the argument), while the WiiU has room for 2 more characters, but unlike the 3ds, the DLC stage section doesn't look like it's obviously missing a stage.

Also, if there's only 1 more stage coming(For the 3DS, at least), anyone find it strange that there's still 2 characters to come? If both are post ballot, wouldn't it make sense for there to be 2 stages left? Is the team banking on one of the new characters from the ballot to be from an existing franchise?

Granted, this is going by JUST the placeholder data itself.

If anyone wonders why I say we have one stage left, while Source Gaming says we have 2, the 3ds, and WiiU, both have gotten 6 DLC stages each.

Both: Dreamland, Peach's Castle, Hyrule Castle, Suzaku Castle, Mario Maker.

3DS: Duck Hunt

WiiU: Pirate Ship.

Come the Mewtwo patch, they increased the DLC Stage placeholder data from 2 to 14(This includes Omega Forms), so currently, both versions have used 6 of their 7 placeholder spots.

Like I said, this is solely for the idea that the placeholder data is what is left to come. They could add more easily, but I'm just making an argument based around what we know for fact at the moment instead of what we hope.

If you held me at gunpoint, I'd honestly say that one of the 2 characters that we have yet to see if pre-ballot. It just doesn't make sense as to why they'd have 2 characters but only one stage unless they knew that the ballot winners wouldn't need new stages.

I honestly feel like this character is Wolf. He wouldn't require a new stage on either game, and my main belief as to why they're holding him back is to cross promote Star Fox WiiU.

Can I get some opinions here?
Basically the next SG article will have my (as well as others) exact thoughts on this, and I've covered a lot of what you're talking about here in my response. It's going up later today so be sure to check it out.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only Metroid character I can see being playable in the future would be Dark Samus. She's one of the few iconic Metroid characters that lends well to a playable role. Assuming Sylux becomes more prominent in the series, he could be added in the future.

That's the problem with the Metroid series: pretty much all iconic characters have little viability to be a playable character. Ridley can be done, but it's not an easy character to implement and would require a bigger workload than usual that could be spent on other characters. Mother Brain is simply impossible, and I'm not exactly sure how a single Metroid would work, but adding it would be like adding a Goomba or an Octorok to the roster, if you know what I mean.

Sakurai has even stated that Zero Suit Samus was added in Brawl to give the series another character. Granted, it's just Samus without the Power Suit, but she has a very distinct moveset and was a viable addition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom