• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So apparently Amazon Spain has listed Shovel Knight as compatible with Smash 4.

I know its really just a bunch of words and will probably get taken down, but its something to note I guess.
Is this any different from the first instance of the Shovel Knight Amiibo being suggested to be used for Smash as well?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
"No sólo puede Shovel Knight proteger tu escritorio y unirse a tu colección de amiibos, sino que también desbloquea nuevas formas de jugar a Shovel Knight! , trae dos jugadores co-op para la Wii U y desbloquea nuevos desafíos y opciones de personalización para Wii U y 3DS."

Rough translation (Spanish isn't my native language and neither is English):
Not only Shovel Knight can protect your office and join your collection of amiibos, it can also unlock new ways to play Shovel Knight! Bring two player co-op for Wii U and unlock new challenges and customization options for Wii U and 3DS.

Nothing about Smash Bros. here.

Last edited:

Chrono.

@vaanrose had pointed out how anyone could've written that desc (not to the same extent as editing an IMDB or Wiki article but close)

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
So apparently Amazon Spain has listed Shovel Knight as compatible with Smash 4.

I know its really just a bunch of words and will probably get taken down, but its something to note I guess.
This got posted earlier here, and @vaanrose covered why it's dubious:

Re: Amazon Shovel Knight listing

Even the US Amazon struggles with correct copy info on unreleased products. Official Copy isn't usually given until close to the product's release, which means pre-release copy is usually written in-house by Amazon themselves, often with little to go on. I can't say I know the Spanish Amazon is the same, but I would imagine it is.

Another thing worth pointing out is that third party sellers have the ability to create their own item listing pages. It's not as simple as, say, editing imdb, but it does mean this listing may not even be official. It's a little known fact that, if you do a little digging, you can often find the exact same product listed on multiple pages at different prices, and most pertinent to this discussion, with different copy. Since I happen to have these examples on hand, here are two listings for the same Star Wars toy, with completely different copy text. They don't even use the same product images. The first is the official copy given to Amazon by Hasbro (here), while the second is unofficial and written by the seller (here).

I'm not saying the listing means nothing, but I am saying anyone could have written it.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
"No sólo puede Shovel Knight proteger tu escritorio y unirse a tu colección de amiibos, sino que también desbloquea nuevas formas de jugar a Shovel Knight! , trae dos jugadores co-op para la Wii U y desbloquea nuevos desafíos y opciones de personalización para Wii U y 3DS."

Rough translation (Spanish isn't my native language and neither is English):
Not only Shovel Knight can protect your office and join your collection of amiibos, it can also unlock new ways to play Shovel Knight! Bring two player co-op for Wii U and unlock new challenges and customization options for Wii U and 3DS.

Nothing about Smash Bros. here.
Odd.

Reddit thread said it had something there about smash bros...

Probably got removed and replaced with that.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I still think shovel knight is coming but amazon has got just as many things wrong as it has right.So no real reason to read into as much

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Odd.

The product name is lists it as belonging to the SSB series of amiibo

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Odd.

Or maybe someone didn't understand Spanish and assumed something that wasn't there in the first place.

My Spanish is a little rough, but I'm 100% sure there's nothing Smash Bros. related in that description.

Edit: it does say it's a SSB series amiibo for some reason, though the description doesn't mention anything related to Smash.

Last edited:

Chrono.

As someone's whose native tongue is Spanish I can also confirm there's nothing referencing Smash in the desc, just the title is.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Something regarding the patch; on reddit there was a highly-rated thread from a guy claiming the shield regeneration rate was decreased and it got around. Reminding here in case you're not aware, that the guy was basing his test on memory, and when people tested between this version and the last, shields decreased and regenerated at the same exact rate.

So if you hear any claims of shields regenerating slower, it's bogus.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Still though you gotta wonder why multiple (well 2 so far) online retailers have listed the SK amiibo as a Smash one.

It's likely just a goof up, but this error seems to only happen with SK and its not like its the only non-smash line amiibo.

The error seems weird to me, but I don't think it means anything.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Still though you gotta wonder why multiple (well 2 so far) online retailers have listed the SK amiibo as a Smash one.

It's likely just a goof up, but this error seems to only happen with SK and its not like its the only non-smash line amiibo.

Either it DOES mean something, or the retailers expect that the characters are going to be in Smash and make the mistake

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Seconding Chrono. Chrono. in the fact that there's no Smash related thing in that SK Amiibo description, having Spanish as a dominant language of mine. Just in case ya needed a second opinion.

I don't get why they would list it as a Smash Amiibo though. Retailer goof up?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Yeah, it's a bit fishy.

It may not mean anything, but considering the rumor and how two different retailers have been making this mistake, it's really something to wonder.

Guess we'll have to wait and see if anything happens.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I do find it hilarious that two placeholder images on that Spanish listing are of Amiibo x Smash images and neither show Shovel Knight.

I mean, yeah, placeholders, but Amiibo packaging shows the figure being placed on the GamePad regardless of who it is. Odd.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
In the mean time

Kinda don't like the face veil but makes sense I suppose.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
In the mean time

Kinda don't like the face veil but makes sense I suppose.
SHE ISN'T A YANDERE **** 10/10
Her clothes are a but less revealing but now I can kinda respect SMTXFE. Though again...Draug's design is better for Oswin. GBA GAMES WHEN?!?!
The top drop down is the "size" (please note Japanese sizes run small).
The second drop down is the amount,

Click the original button. Then click the next orange button. You need to create an account (use red button + Google translator).
Original button? Don't quite get that, but thanks for your help!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
You guys are all so rude for not posting the pictures of the 'FE x SMT' version of Kellam as well. :/

I mean...

He's right there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Rule 63 tho? :smirk:

Speaking of the relevant Yang, why can't next Thursday come by faster?

I need to play this RWBY fan hack of FE 8 damnit ;_;
I need to rewatch RWBY as I forgot how far I am, but that just screams video game potential. Hell, Japan liked it enough to get a dub, with Ryuko Matoi as Yang yelling ORAORAORAORAORA

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That Tharja redesign isn't going to make me like the character.

Her design isn't what I disliked about the character in the first place. It was her personality.

Being a creepy stalker and the way she treats her own daughter Noire are particularly repulsive.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Her design isn't what I disliked about the character in the first place. It was her personality.

Being a creepy stalker and the way she treats her own daughter Noire are particularly repulsive.
That's why the rule "Don't stick your **** in crazy" exists.

She's pretty ehh as a character but it was the design that was the appeal of her. If want a decent character, you try Cordelia but good luck on that. She'll never love any of her husbands more than Chrom, a character she can't even S-Support with

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Noire was one of my favourite units personality wise honestly
That's why the rule "Don't stick your **** in crazy" exists.

She's pretty ehh as a character but it was the design that was the appeal of her. If want a decent character, you try Cordelia but good luck on that. She'll never love any of her husbands more than Chrom, a character she can't even S-Support with
I don't get the popularity behind some ofAwakening's units, especially Severa. Then again, I kinda like Kjelle, like Virion and ship Tharja with Lon'qu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom