• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The reason I wasn't including remakes in my analogy was because a game's initial release and success on a particular system can make that game feel like it's more strongly associated with other systems. When you think of Resident Evil 3 do you really think of the gamecube port? I don't. But when I think of RE4, I certainly think of the GC one.

It's different if it's a mascot rivalry like Sonic vs. Mario or Spyro/Crash vs. Mario.

If the "Capcom already has a character" argument didn't keep Ryu out, then how is "Capcom already has two characters" going to keep a RE character out?

We have definitive proof in Ryu that there's no arbitrary limit on "3rd party reps per company".
Dude, Ryu's most iconic games on Nintendo systems were arcade games, your argument on Resident Evil is bogus

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I really want Amaterasu in Smash but that is never happening.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
PHEONIX WRIGHT. BASS. CHUN LI. ARTHUR. VIEWTIFUL JOE. CLASSIC DANTE. FIREBRAND. SO MANY POSSIBILITIES! This is why I love Capcom, they've got a large memorable cast of IP
Phoenix Wright is one of my most wanted. Arthur would be great, too. GnG is like a sillier and more brutal Castlevania.

I agree with what Kenith said. Ryu and Mega Man weren't picked because they're Capcom representatives. They were picked because they're fantastic and memorable characters- something Capcom seems to own a lot of.

Chrono.

Leon's already been denied of enough Capcom crossovers, c'mon throw the guy a bone. :p

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Uh... let's see

Stop

STOP
T
O
P

It's not similar to Pikmin at all, why does everyone make that comparison?
Wonder Red doesn't need a gimmick, nor does he need the other Wonderful Ones to be "properly represented"
He doesn't even need them to make Ubite Morphs because as seen when they are finishing off the final boss, they literally create Unite Morphs out of thin air
Various concepts of his moveset have been made without the need to use such mechanic while also using other mechanics from the game
He could use only his Unite Hand and the shop upgrades(which are mapped to the shoulder buttons), he could "borrow" the Unite Morphs from the other members of the team(like how Ness takes moves from Paula and Poo), he could use the Unite Hand as a sort of "status"-like move that makes his moves use the Unite Morph and thus being stronger, etc.
Also, the first thing you do in the game is play as Solo Red
And you even do this later with Blue and another time with Red
Wow. What the hell is up with that attitude?

And thanks, someone already sort of told me some of these things here and elsewhere with a much better attitude.

I admit the Pikmin comparison wasn't the best, I didn't literally meant it played like Pikmin in every way, just that it had some similarities. Jesus dude

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Dude, Ryu's most iconic games on Nintendo systems were arcade games, your argument on Resident Evil is bogus
Ryu's most iconic game on a Nintendo system was Street Fighter 2.

Resident Evil's was probably Resident Evil 4. Which is often considered one of the best games of all time. It basically shaped the entire future of more than just the shooting genre of gaming . Look at the Arkham games, Gears of War, Grand Theft Auto and dozens upon dozens of others.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I want Leon in Smash too.

:troll:

D

Deleted member

Wow. What the hell is up with that attitude?

And thanks, someone already explained some of this to me with a much better attitude than this post.
The only part with "that attitude" is the beginning which is supposed to be a joke
You'd be surprised how many times I have seen posts similar to tgose two quotes
Also, I'm sorry if I can't type faster than other people when I'm on mobile

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I love Leon but I think if they were to do a RE character that Jill would fit Smash better, especially sporting her classic uniform.

She's got a more colorful and campy design and has appeared in fighting games already. She's not the type of character I think they'd pick but I think they could make her work really well. There's more to how much a character fits than what games they've been in, IMO.
Yeah if she gets in I will accept no less than a STARS uniform.
Leon's got that nice jacket though.

RE characters would make nice costumes for Mii Gunners.
Again: Yes they would.

The reason I wasn't including remakes in my analogy was because a game's initial release and success on a particular system can make that game feel like it's more strongly associated with other systems. When you think of Resident Evil 3 do you really think of the gamecube port? I don't. But when I think of RE4, I certainly think of the GC one.[/spoiler]
No, but when I think of RE1, I think of the GameCube remake.
Partially because it's dear to me, but also because it's so much better than the original it's considered the crown jewel of the "horror" side of the series.
Which is what it's known for.

Naoshi

The only part with "that attitude" is the beginning which is supposed to be a joke
You'd be surprised how many times I have seen posts similar to tgose two quotes
Also, I'm sorry if I can't type faster than other people when I'm on mobile
Sure sounded like you were joking

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah if she gets in I will accept no less than a STARS uniform.
Leon's got that nice jacket though.

Again: Yes they would.

No, but when I think of RE1, I think of the GameCube remake.
Partially because it's dear to me, but also because it's so much better than the original it's considered the crown jewel of the "horror" side of the series.
Which is what it's known for.
I really think we're splitting hairs as they're basically three protagonists on equal footing of importance to their own series. I'm literally leaning more towards Leon because his games are just that little bit more revered and his presence on Nintendo is just that little bit stronger.

REmake is a really good game too though and I love both Chris and Jill. I even listed them as possibilities alongside Leon.

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Awesome! By the way I put a whole bunch of those red koopalings in that part so you had enough to jump off of to be able to cross. You're supposed to start with the ones on the left and go right :p.

Mickey isn't 4th Party. If that even exists in this context.
Yeah I figured it out eventually lol.

Naoshi

I'm trying to imagine RE fitting in Smash Bros outside of Mii costumes. Dunno, something about that doesn't really would work to me.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I really think we're splitting hairs as they're basically three protagonists on equal footing of importance to their own series. I'm literally leaning more towards Leon because his games are just that little bit more revered and his presence on Nintendo is just that little bit stronger.

REmake is a really good game too though and I love both Chris and Jill. I even listed them as possibilities alongside Leon.
I suppose. I guess it is down to personal preference.
I want Amaterasu in another game. . .

All this RE talk is another reminder I need to play literally any of them.
If you want to play a scary game that suits the Resident Evil name, play REmake.
If you just want a really good in it's own right...
Play RE4...
But play the REmake first.

Naoshi

Imagine if the ballot is still opened after its suppose to end. lol

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Imagine if the ballot is still opened after its suppose to end. lol
I would not be surprised at all.
I was introduced to RE with 5.

It was wild, to say the least.
But as his RE6 self and RE6 obviously doesn't exist, silly Phoenix.
in all seriousness I didn't know, you learn something new everyday.
This is funny because I hated RE5 but thought RE6 was okay...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Resident Evil 1, 2 and 4 all appear on MANY "best games of all time" lists.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_considered_the_best

(I didn't realize that RE2 was ported to N64 a year after the PS release though).
Resident Evil has so many ports on Nintendo consoles, it ain't even funny.

You can pretty much play all the RE games sans 5&6 all on the Wii with REmake, RE2, RE3, RE0, RE CVX, RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles (although I don't recommend it) and can play Revelations on 3DS and RE1 port for the DS which is a nice port with little to no load times.

And Revelations is on the Wii U but no Revelations 2 (Capcom why?)

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
If Capcom gets another character as DLC or in a future game, I'd personally want Phoenix Wright (I feel soon we'll get Ace Attorney costumes)

Somehow the 3rd party Mii costumes give me the impression that those chosen characters would be ideal candidates if each company gets another character added just that they weren't considered by Sakurai this time (except for Heihachi).

While Yuri Lowell is the favorite Tales character, Lloyd Irving is also popular and is the most Nintendo-related character of the series.

The Monster Hunter series has practically migrated to Nintendo handhelds

Heihachi was actually considered by Sakurai, but I understand why Ryu was the only fighter chosen

Only exception to this are the Virtua Fighter costumes since I think the series has never appeared in Nintendo consoles and was more of a publicity stunt for Project X Zone 2

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
TheAnvil TheAnvil Z25 Z25 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEY8_t5GYJw

Your stages have been played!! :) Hope you enjoy!
Thanks! And that damn glitch where you can get stuck on the cloud occured. I spent a day trying tp isolate and stop that problem. I thought it was gone but seems not. I'll have to look into it more for future. My only idea was that it's possiblely a small glitch where enemies positions change based on factors caused by the stage's design. For example, briefly the platforms wouldn't connect if I didn't add all the trampolines, taking any awa, even if mario didn't land on them, would result in him falling in lava.

Now Ironically the goomba's pushing you up the elevator worked first try lol.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Resident Evil has so many ports on Nintendo consoles, it ain't even funny.

You can pretty much play all the RE games sans 5&6 all on the Wii with REmake, RE2, RE3, RE0, RE CVX, RE4, Umbrella Chronicles, Darkside Chronicles (although I don't recommend it) and can play Revelations on 3DS and RE1 port for the DS which is a nice port with little to no load times.

I liked Darkside Chronicles quite a lot actually (Umbrella wasn't fun though).

Naoshi

If Capcom gets another character as DLC or in a future game, I'd personally want Phoenix Wright (I feel soon we'll get Ace Attorney costumes)

Somehow the 3rd party Mii costumes give me the impression that those chosen characters would be ideal candidates if each company gets another character added just that they weren't considered by Sakurai this time (except for Heihachi).

While Yuri Lowell is the favorite Tales character, Lloyd Irving is also popular and is the most Nintendo-related character of the series.

The Monster Hunter series has practically migrated to Nintendo handhelds

Heihachi was actually considered by Sakurai, but I understand why Ryu was the only fighter chosen

Only exception to this are the Virtua Fighter costumes since I think the series has never appeared in Nintendo consoles and was more of a publicity stunt for Project X Zone 2
IDK, I sort of see some of these costumes as "Hey fans, I understand you want these characters but I don't think I would make them playable, so here's this." I can't really see characters like Lloyd ever being seriously considered for the roster.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was introduced to RE with 5.

It was wild, to say the least.
I had great fun with RE5 despite the issues. It help that Wesker was the best thing about that game due to how over the top he was. (MvC3 took it to the next level)
I get it that it tried too much to be like RE4 and the controversies behind its development hurt the game but it didn't ruin the experience for me.

I would not be surprised at all.

This is funny because I hated RE5 but thought RE6 was okay...
Man we are on complete opposites. Especially considering me and RE6 was a really lackluster and meh experience.

I did love how Sherry was finally playable and I didn't mind Jake "OC Donut Steel" Muller. But Chris' campaign wasn't fun at all and Leon at usual was the best. Also RE6 made me really hate Ada Wong: the character

Naoshi

I haven't played much of the RE games, I've watched my dad beaten a few of them though. (He hasn't touched RE4 and beyond outside of some of the spinoffs with actual zombies)

Although I will say RE5 looks really dumb to me. I like Wesker from that game (even though his over the topness doesn't fit RE), but everything else about that game just gave me this vibe I don't like about half of the AAA games that comes out. Looks too cinematic/action oriented with a meh art direction. RE4 looks pretty great though.

How bad was RE6? I remember just having a horrible feeling about the game as soon as Capcom said they wanted to target Call of Duty gamers lol

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
This baffles me.
I had great fun with RE5 despite the issues. It help that Wesker was the best thing about that game due to how over the top he was. (MvC3 took it to the next level)
I get it that it tried too much to be like RE4 and the controversies behind its development hurt the game but it didn't ruin the experience for me.
Honestly, as fun as Wekser is in that game, they also totally ruined his character and killed him off too early.
I think it would have been way better if Resident Evil 6 was where Wesker died.
Man we are on complete opposites. Especially considering me and RE6 was a really lackluster and meh experience.

I did love how Sherry was finally playable and I didn't mind Jake "OC Donut Steel" Muller. But Chris' campaign wasn't fun at all and Leon at usual was the best. Also RE6 made me really hate Ada Wong: the character
We really are.
RE6 is the only game where I can stand Ada Wong and I actually really like her in that game.
And, of course, I hated Sherry in that game too.
Though I will agree Chris's campaign was lame.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Bruh
Siliconera leaks are dead.
Well, bet a lot of people are happy right now. The starting roster is looking pretty solid, I just wonder what DLC we will get.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Bruh
Siliconera leaks are dead.
Holy hell, Zangeif looks like the bomb.

I know SnakeEyez is hype his main is back. Plus I love how his design hasn't changed at ALL. He's pretty much like Ryu and Chun-Li to where his design won't ever change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom