• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
See kids, this is what you don't do.
It's not that I don't want Shantae, it's just that WayForward is starting to get annoying in my opinion. I'm not saying they don't have the right to market their character, it's just they seem to do it too much in my eyes =P.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Sora and all Kingdom Hearts original characters are owned by Disney for some reason.

Not like they'll do much with them should the series end, but they own them.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

It's not that I don't want Shantae, it's just that WayForward is starting to get annoying in my opinion. I'm not saying they don't have the right to market their character, it's just they seem to do it too much in my eyes =P.
G-god damn it matt bozen did these last few months not teach you anything

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
PushDustIn PushDustIn

Nothing regarding shinyquagsire?

I'm betting this extra placeholders thing is fake anyway, but I'd like full disclosure already. :/
Havent heard anything on my end.

Don't think TCRF will comment on it, asked if XKeeper could recommend any 3DS dataminers, and he said he didnt know any offhand.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Havent heard anything on my end.

Don't think TCRF will comment on it, asked if XKeeper could recommend any 3DS dataminers, and he said he didnt know any offhand.
Dataminers you say?

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice

It would be amazing to have both of them but... wayforward pls stop.

Betting that there aren't any more placeholder files. If they learned their lesson I don't think they'd need to have them right now anyway.

Edit: Also I think Layton and Wolf have a shot but I really doubt they'd leave junk files again, and this late to boot.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah I agree, it's just an obnoxious attempt at playing dumb.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A Mr. Ressetti amiibo? I need it! Nook, K.K and Resetti are the only ones I want/need from the AC series.
Oh, Count me in, then! Unite!
yes, yes, very good.... We need more wonder Red support. If not DLC, then please Sakurai add him next game! The fanbase is good enough, right...?
It would be amazing to have both of them but... wayforward pls stop.

Betting that there aren't any more placeholder files. If they learned their lesson I don't think they'd need to have them right now anyway.
It be hilarious if they were just like: " I don't think we will be seeing her there "

I only see one indie getting in though, and I stand by it being SK.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Neku would be my personal choice if he had a sequel. The World Ends with You is an amazing game, and really should be followed up. I was happy to see him in Kingdom Hearts.

Cloud is the most iconic FF member. I should see if Sakurai has ever talked about the Final Fantasy series *adds to list of things to do*.

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts...what about Sora (Kingdom Hearts)? Does Square own him 100% or does Disney own a part of him? He's also pretty iconic and well known, has a lot of games on Nintendo (handheld). I have a guy commenting on all my posts asking for Sora and Naruto.
Disney is the sole factor that nearly completely deminishes Sora's chances in my eyes. Sony tried to get him and Cloud in PSABR, but couldn't, and Disney was a factor to that.
As well, I believe Disney is rather against the idea of fighting games because of the nature of them. They don't want their characters fighting just for the sake of fighting.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Chrono.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You think people just go on the internet and spread lies?!
Totally relevant

EDIT: One of the comments on this video is just, "Super Smash Bros. Leaks"

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Disney is the sole factor that nearly completely deminishes Sora's chances in my eyes. Sony tried to get him and Cloud in PSABR, but couldn't, and Disney was a factor to that.
As well, I believe Disney is rather against the idea of fighting games because of the nature of them. They don't want their characters fighting just for the sake of fighting.
Did Sony try? I've never heard of that before (but then again, I'm not familiar with PSABR's development at all) Do you remember the interview on hand?

I can see DIsney being against fighting games. But if there's a fighting game Disney (might) be okay with it's going to be Smash Bros., IMO. No blood, very cartoony. The roster doesn't feature anyone like Kratos....I'd actually be okay with Mickey in Smash.

What happens if it was just Sora -- no Goofy or Donald? Would Disney still have a say in it? It'd be weird to have Sora without Goofy and Donald though; so he's probably unlikely due to copyright issues.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Did Sony try? I've never heard of that before (but then again, I'm not familiar with PSABR's development at all) Do you remember the interview on hand?

I can see DIsney being against fighting games. But if there's a fighting game Disney (might) be okay with it's going to be Smash Bros., IMO. No blood, very cartoony. The roster doesn't feature anyone like Kratos....I'd actually be okay with Mickey in Smash.

What happens if it was just Sora -- no Goofy or Donald? Would Disney still have a say in it? It'd be weird to have Sora without Goofy and Donald though; so he's probably unlikely due to copyright issues.
From what I know Disney has a say, and possibly a majority of the rights to the character. I follow Disney Infinity's development rather religiously. They outright said they wouldn't even have to ask SE to use Sora in DI if they wanted to. No legal loopholes or anything. That makes me think Disney's the main right holder of the character, what with the KH content already in 3.0. On the other hand they said there are characters they can't get their hands on for rights issues, namely Captain EO because of the Jackson Estate.

Just food for thought. It would definitely have to go by Disney.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I'm curious......would yall prefer old school Mickey or King Mickey if he appeared in smash?

I think there'd be more creative moves if old school Mickey was chosen, but King Mickey would be more flashy and bad arse

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm curious......would yall prefer old school Mickey or King Mickey if he appeared in smash?
Mickey from Epic Mickey; design and all. --main weapon being the brush, and other references to other games could appear in minor moves, animations, SFXs, etc. (like Mickey Mania, Castle of Illusion and Magical Quest). :3

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I think there'd be more creative moves if old school Mickey was chosen, but King Mickey would be more flash and more BA
Old School Mickey, without a doubt.

Chrono.

I think there'd be more creative moves if old school Mickey was chosen, but King Mickey would be more flashy and bad arse
Old school Mickey of course.

If Epic Mickey is anything to go by, he'd hold his own pretty well.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Classic Mickey definitely. Without question.
I'd love if his moveset was random and pulled cartoon props out of thin air.

They could also go the Epic Mickey route.

So no extra slots?

No left over hints?

Hong Kong Phooey.
#1 super guy!

from the looks of it it was fear of Disney's reactions that led to a Kingdom hearts fighting game game. I have a feeling that at least shows Disney's history with acting with other parties.

but there are so many gamefaqs threads about topics on google I cant find any sources :/

I ****ing hate this avi

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man

Old school Mickey.

It just makes more sense imo.

Chrono.

from the looks of it it was fear of Disney's reactions that led to a Kingdom hearts fighting game game. I have a feeling that at least shows Disney's history with acting with other parties.

but there are so many gamefaqs threads about topics on google I cant find any sources :/
If there's tons of faqs topics and no sources then it's probably your friendly neighborhood misinformation acting up again.

But eh I can see Disney saying no to Sora for the reasons listed above.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For the record I'd love old school Mickey if a non-video game character were to ever make it in.

Sorcerer's Apprentice Final Smash please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom