• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
If we're getting a japanese character to go with Shovel Knight, I'd go with Monster Hunter. The series is huge in Japan and is more associated with Nintendo than Final Fantasy.
Plus, SK and MH are both in armor and have weapons. They'd make a nice DLC bundle.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait... Sakurai loves Lightning? Oh god she's the worst of all. I'd beg him for Cloud over Lightning. haha

Also, it probably wouldn't be "Black Mage" it'd be Vivi if we were getting "A" Black Mage.
Yeah, he's posted about her on his twitter and talked about it in one of his articles I believe. As for black mage/vivi. Square seems to like just black mage as he and vivii aren't much different. Vivi just has an actual name pretty much. As Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman pointed out, the moogles and chocobos( may be spelled wrong...) are also very iconic. Moogles I could see potentially work, I mean people want slime from dragon quest. They are kind of similar in that they are strange creatures with small bodies but are both iconic to their franchises. So if Sakurai wanted to and made a moogle work, I'd be down for it. Plus then we get some awesome finally fantasy 7 music. Having the man with the machine gun as a track would be epic.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Lol. So is it a male vs woman thing then?

Look, she's not my favorite character, but you can't use the ''He thought he was Zack" thing to give Cloud a pass. It's B.S. anytime someone does it.

The only problem with Lightning is that she got far too many installments and as said strange creator bias because of her feminity, when Terra, Tifa, Yuna and Aerith were all as much lead heroines as she was without even leading a game in the ladies of 7's cases.
I can agree with you there, honestly Cloud doesn't have that much of a personality either but... I dunno. I feel like he's less annoying. I'd probably like her better if XIII-3 didn't get super weird with her. Like that automatically made me not like her way more, because how weird they got about her.

(in b4 Sakurai does Cloud AND Lightning as an alt because he can't make up his mind though, and honestly she's kind of basically just the female version of him anyway)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So, from what I've been reading in this thread. Apparently some guy is claiming that some more placeholder spots were added into the game's code and the TCRF as well as @shinyquagsire23 are checking to see if that even happened.
Do we even have an update on this yet? Extra placeholder spots would really change the playing field and I want to know if it's true or not.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do we even have an update on this yet? Extra placeholder spots would really change the playing field and I want to know if it's true or not.
Shinyquaqsire hasn't posted anything yet, so no. We may get update later tonight or tomorrow.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
RTB didn't find any or he said he hadn't found any hints of new characters, which I assume applies to adding more slots.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Bravely Default isn't iconic. While I love the look of the game and have wanted to try it for a while. I'd be really upset if any Square series got love before Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy is Square as much as Megaman and Street Fighter are Capcom.
We can argue that Dragon Quest is as important as Final Fantasy, for me they are head to head.

.n_n.

Honestly if there were in fact more slots, more than one random guy no one has ever seen would have posted about it.

It was probably just some troll with unfounded claims who was bored or misinformed

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We can argue that Dragon Quest is as important as Final Fantasy, for me they are head to head.

.n_n.
That's true, but I think that depends on what side of the world you are on.

Worldwide (especially in the West) and all together? Final Fantasy.

In the East? It's both.

D

Deleted member

Really, I would be fine with any FF as long as they debuted during the NES/SNES era
Black Mage would be cool because I really want more spellcasters
Moogles can use lances and dance in FFVI(it's not what you think, look it up)
Chocobo for the salt in reactions
Cecil because he is an interesting character
Celes because she is best protag
And Terra because... uhh... she was the protag during the first half of the game

Also, it's not Cloud>Lighting or Cloud<Lighting or Cloud=Lighting
Both of them were nothing but mistakes and belong in the trash

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So I haven't been here in the last week because I've been busy being tied up in my friend's basement, being forced to watch Sword Art Online (not that it's a bad anime, I just don't like being tied up and watching it against my will).

So what's new besides that update that doesn't have Shovel Knight?

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I like Pre XIII-2 Lighting

Everything after that was awful and Toriyama (not that one) has strange waifuisms about Lightning that fans have pointed out since Lighting Returns came out.

Besides, considering her sister, her sister's boyfriend and Hope are the actual worst characters in the game, acting like Lighting was is very stupid. Besides if you wanna play the whole she's Cloud route, FF VIII beat her there by a mile considering Squall's character for a portion of that game and they are doing it again with Noctis for XV although he's a lot more happier here.

Besides Lighting is more like Swuall because they brood a lot. While Cloud is emotional as hell

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Well no one thought we were getting Ryu in Smash either until the datamine happened. As far as Smash goes, Cloud has a fanbase, it's a small fanbase, but it's there anyway. It's worth noting that Sakurai chose Ryu because he's a popular character IN GENERAL and Cloud is very popular.

Having no game on Nintendo (not even a port like Ryu) is what hurts him the most, he does have cameo appearances which could technically count I guess. But either way, he's extremely iconic and popular with the general public eye and a character from the PSX/N64-era would be pretty cool to have regardless.

So personally, I don't have an issue with Cloud.
No games on Nintendo? Threatrhythm, though.

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Bravely Default isn't iconic. While I love the look of the game and have wanted to try it for a while. I'd be really upset if any Square series got love before Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy is Square as much as Megaman and Street Fighter are Capcom.
I dunno, Dragon Quest is just as iconic to Square as Final Fantasy is. It might just depend on the person and/or where in the world they are though. I guess in terms of actual characters, Final Fantasy is more well known; in terms of an actual Mascot though, I feel like Slime is more iconic to Square.

All I know is... if we got one other JRPG rep, I'd prefer Jack Frost because personally Atlus beats out Square. haha (also someone needs to get Ice Climbers' abilities if they're not coming back :p )

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Squall literally was try hard copycat Cloud for the first half of 8 until the touch of a woman and finding out he was a little orphan boy made him an actual character.

And yes, god, both Snow and Hope are ten times more annoying than Lightning.

wildvine47

Smash Ace
RTB didn't find any or he said he hadn't found any hints of new characters, which I assume applies to adding more slots.
RTB's findings only applied to the Wii U version, which doesn't really speak either way anyways as Royu's files were first found on the 3ds anyways.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Will this be Hungrybox's time to shine

no

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If I had to have a Square Rep it would be Neku.
DS game, sold surprisingly well all things considered, and while it certainly lacks the iconic factor, I think Neku has a lot to bring to the table in terms of Combat.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I made a thing; --a gift for these last days of Ballot; I wish luck to every character and fandom competing (even though here are just my 6 personal picks); I was going to post this at Wonder Red's and Inkling's Threads too, but I thought that I was going to be way too intrusive (having no kind of participation before);

if are any of their supporters here, please, accept that. =)

---ah, you can clearly see I'm not an artist by any means, but I tried.
Nah, don't worry, we Wonder Red supporters apreciate new users in the thread
Maybe we can get the supporter list from 100 to 101 with you :'^)
If we're getting a japanese character to go with Shovel Knight, I'd go with Monster Hunter. The series is huge in Japan and is more associated with Nintendo than Final Fantasy.
Plus, SK and MH are both in armor and have weapons. They'd make a nice DLC bundle.
Gonna be honest here
I don't even Monster Hunt but I would love to see them in Smash
If they bring big ass swords even more
I dunno, Dragon Quest is just as iconic to Square as Final Fantasy is. It might just depend on the person and/or where in the world they are though. I guess in terms of actual characters, Final Fantasy is more well known; in terms of an actual Mascot though, I feel like Slime is more iconic to Square.

All I know is... if we got one other JRPG rep, I'd prefer Jack Frost because personally Atlus beats out Square. haha (also someone needs to get Ice Climbers' abilities if they're not coming back :p )
I honestly don't see much talk about DQ in the West
And Slime is only recognizable for being a generic enemy used in every RPG ever

And I don't Shishin Megaman Sensei but I would love some Atlus love
And so Etrian Odyssey can get some costumes

Last edited by a moderator:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
At least Nintendo fixed this issue.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Man. Resetti has been seen out of the ground in the games and he still looks weird standing upright.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I'm not giving Cloud a pass. You take that away and he has all the same problems of Lighting. Case and point, Advent Children.
But I could at least ENJOY his presence in the game thanks to that bit. Lightning was a chore to watch and listen to every scene she was in.
It almost sounds to me like you're confusing Lightning with Hope. Lightning might have acted emotionless, but if you paid close attention the whole point (in the first game, at least) was that she was suppressing her emotions because she thought it made her seem stronger. Hope just acted like a brat. Like, I'm really sorry that your mom died, no one deserves that, but that doesn't give you the right to treat everyone like ****.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
All this talk of Cloud & Lightning reminded me that they both appear in final fantasy explorers.
Well of course, how else is Namoura gonna stroke his own banana with his characters?
... Oh yeah, Kingdom Hearts.
Oh god please don't put Lighting in Kingdom Hearts.

It almost sounds to me like you're confusing Lightning with Hope. Lightning might have acted emotionless, but if you paid close attention the whole point (in the first game, at least) was that she was suppressing her emotions because she thought it made her seem stronger. Hope just acted like a brat. Like, I'm really sorry that your mom died, no one deserves that, but that doesn't give you the right to treat everyone like ****.
Hope goes without saying... so I won't even say it since you already did. =P
That doesn't excuse Lightning though. In 13, it PARTIALLY does, but 13-2 and Lightning Returns it does not (Funny how her emotions were taken in that game when we've never gotten to SEE those emotions, way to make me care.) And uuuugh her in Dissidia....
My point is she had 4 chances to change my mind and she didn't.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
If I had to have a Square Rep it would be Neku.
DS game, sold surprisingly well all things considered, and while it certainly lacks the iconic factor, I think Neku has a lot to bring to the table in terms of Combat.
Neku would be my personal choice if he had a sequel. The World Ends with You is an amazing game, and really should be followed up. I was happy to see him in Kingdom Hearts.

Cloud is the most iconic FF member. I should see if Sakurai has ever talked about the Final Fantasy series *adds to list of things to do*.

Speaking of Kingdom Hearts...what about Sora (Kingdom Hearts)? Does Square own him 100% or does Disney own a part of him? He's also pretty iconic and well known, has a lot of games on Nintendo (handheld). I have a guy commenting on all my posts asking for Sora and Naruto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom