• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well now all that's left to do is wait for the next Nintendo announcement. Until then, resume your descents into madness or if already there they wallowing in thereof.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Probably had to do with Yuji Naka. He quit Sega during Brawl's early development. I wonder if he was the one who suggested Sonic for Melee?
This could be a possible reason. I suppose we will never know though.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Damn, I hadn't even stopped to think about how the price for all DLC is rapidly approaching the price of the base game and is already more expensive than the 3DS version.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
It's also bitter because there's a good chance some of us might leave for good once DLC is over.
Sorry Blue, but them the breaks, Smashboards was made originally for the Smash pro player level, and quite a few of us just don't do pro smash or want to follow the community. You'll most likely see the speculative members of Smash community when Smash 5 happens.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Doesn't really help that people are understandably stingy with the DLC prices. MK8-style pricing would've done wonders.
A $25 season-pass for the characters/stages would've helped out a lot.

As well as reducing the pricing for the big collections.

D

Deleted member

For the record, I am not saying Goku has a chance. There's a very big hurdle in the way called "licensing" that Sakurai has expressed as having much difficulty in crossing to not be worth the hassle in most cases (exceptions being Pokémon and the guests we have). Someone like Goku would be a nightmare in that department.

But let's pretend that hurdle isn't there for just one moment.
The likes of Goku and Shrek, infamous memes in regards to Smash, can just be included magically at the snap of a finger.
Only Goku between the two of them would be given serious consideration for numerous reasons I shouldn't have to explain.
Hence why I said Goku is logical compared to Shrek.

Logical, yet still no hope for Smash.
Just like solo Popo.

But seeing as some people want to twist my words, I'll use a "better example" of a "bigger mind****" they can't say anything about not being logical.
Young Link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I disappeared between Brawl and 4.

I'm probably not going to do that this time.

This group/thread could always just move onto speculation and discussion of Nintendo games in general.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I swear fo'God Yacht Club Games.
I'm more distressed that they don't have windows. That's a travesty if I've ever heard one!
#GiveYachtWindows

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Man come to think of it, the pricing is actually kind of why I still haven't bought any of the Mii costumes. Dunno, something about them just doesn't feel worth while enough for the price. I think 75 cents for a costume is fair, but the problem is that they add up a lot. Getting all 4 packs of costumes ends up being about freaking a lot, especially if you want them on both versions.

Although this sort of brings me to this question. What happens if you end up buying a cross-platform DLC content for one version? Like say I buy a Mii costume for Wii U for now, would I get a discount if I buy the 3DS version later? Or do I have to buy both versions in a Wii U/3DS bundle if I want them at a discount?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
For the record, I am not saying Goku has a chance. There's a very big hurdle in the way called "licensing" that Sakurai has expressed as having much difficulty in crossing to not be worth the hassle in most cases (exceptions being Pokémon and the guests we have). Someone like Goku would be a nightmare in that department.

But let's pretend that hurdle isn't there for just one moment.
The likes of Goku and Shrek, infamous memes in regards to Smash, can just be included magically at the snap of a finger.
Only Goku between the two of them would be given serious consideration for numerous reasons I shouldn't have to explain.
Hence why I said Goku is logical compared to Shrek.

Logical, yet still no hope for Smash.
Just like solo Popo.
They do have Namco Bandai though, who licenses the Dragon Ball IP, the only question is how Shonen Jump would agree to such a case. Goku still doesn't have a chance due to the video game rule in the ballot regardless.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I've only been buying stages and characters.

I haven't bought all of the costumes, nor would I try. I'm only buying the costumes that interest me.

And even some of the characters I like have gotten passed over because the costumes are hideous.

It's saved me money in the long run.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I think one reason Smash DLC might end early is because it'll get way too expensive later on.

Like the current 4 collections alone are worth a whopping $51.66 (just for one version of the game to boot)

That's nearly the same amount as the full game and it's not sitting well with a lot of people.
I would agree with you if every piece of DLC was necessary to get to have a complete game experience.

Which its not.

Like for example, in Australia the most a person would need to pay to get the most "complete" experience (i.e all DLC characters) would be $26, assuming there are no other characters besides the Ballot character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They do have Namco Bandai though, who licenses the Dragon Ball IP, the only question is how Shonen Jump would agree to such a case. Goku still doesn't have a chance due to the video game rule in the ballot regardless.
It would take more than Namco Bandai.
Much more.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Let's make a typical 4chan leak then inject it with Stupidium. This is a social experiment. Don't try without proper brain safety equipment.

my cat's cousin's owner's dog's squid's father's uncle's ant's aunt's cat's mom's chupacabra's father's son's 4th's cousin works at Blintendo and told me of Smosh 5 leak

he say

shalk (from Xenobrade Chlonicres)
kept you waiting huh (not sure?? he said he likes snacks idk what means)
oscar isaac? (idk what Gold Sun is, is this star war???)
knuckle the enchilada (i don't like spanish food)
belly dance woman (say rated T for belly)
butt butt (seem imatur)
to big (what is???)
king cruel (seem bit much for kid game)
skeltal face (say special 3rd party, never invited)
flower lady (loud and annoy)
capitan toad (star truck???)
clint eastwoods sherif (think? has gun and hat but look eights bit)

Last edited:

Chrono.

Yeah I haven't been tempted to buy any costumes, Miis don't interest me.

I also haven't invested on the 3DS version since I don't really use it these days.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
A true Sakurai move would be releasing the Ice Climbers just as we're used to seeing them.

With absolutely no mention of how they weren't there at launch, or the problems they faced/

He just releases them and makes us accept it.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
I'm a completionist at heart. Even with my wallet. I will give Sakurai money for costumes.

I mean, now I can accurately have presidential elections through Smash.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Let's make a typical 4chan leak then inject it with Stupidium. This is a social experiment. Don't try without proper brain safety equipment.
Now see, if I was to make a joke label for Ridely, it'd be "anorexic lovechild of Barney and a bat". It's just "too big" is too obvious.

MainJPW

M.T.A
The only Mii costumes I bought were King K. Rool due to the faithful Rare design and the Inklings for the trophy, didn't bother with the others.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I would agree with you if every piece of DLC was necessary to get to have a complete game experience.

Which its not.

Like for example, in Australia the most a person would need to pay to get the most "complete" experience (i.e all DLC characters) would be $26, assuming there are no other characters besides that Ballot character.
I totally agree, DLC is fine with me as long it's not something like... story-related DLC (see: everything about FEif's Third Route) and stuff that's totally and absolutely necessary.

DLC for fighting games/racing games and the like is optional so it's okay with me, but eh a lot of people aren't okay with it so I just wanted address it.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm a completionist at heart. Even with my wallet. I will give Sakurai money for costumes.

I mean, now I can accurately have presidential elections through Smash.
Trump vs Bernie vs Hilary vs all those other guys that are just biding our time.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I did list Shonen Jump, who else would they have to agree with? I don't know much beyond that, I'm curious.
Akira Toriyama himself.
Bird Studio
Shueisha
Toei Animation
FUNimation Productions Ltd.
etc.

Namco Bandai only has the rights to make games using the IP.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Am I the only one who feels that we won't have to wait a lot for the next update? For some reason, I can imagine the next update to be mid October especially if a Nintendo Direct occurs near that date

Chrono.

Am I the only one who feels that we won't have to wait a lot for the next update? For some reason, I can imagine the next update to be mid October especially if a Nintendo Direct occurs near that date
So far all the updates have been spaced out by approx~40 days, so I don't expect the next one to be any different.

HOWEVER, I expect a character announcement pretty soon.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I feel like we're going to get maybe a Lucas or Mewtwo style update in terms of "____ coming soon" at some point in October.

So would you guys rather have:

A) another Mewtwo (a generally wanted character by pretty much everyone)
or
B) another Ryu (a totally out of the blue character that fits smash bros well and isn't some obscure nobody but not necessarily requested)

???
I would probably rather have B personally

Chrono.

or
B) another Ryu (a totally out of the blue character that fits smash bros well and isn't some obscure nobody but not necessarily requested)

???
C) All of the above.

MainJPW

M.T.A

or

???
Can I choose both?

But seriously I'd rather have A) As far as another newcomer goes; I feel we've already had enough surprise characters as it is this game, this time I'd say it's time for a popular request.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

or

???
I can settle with both types.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

or

???
I would really want both, but I choose B. At this point, I'm wanting Crash, and I don't know how that's sitting with me. :p

I feel like if a character that was popular but not requested got in, people would probably accept it like with Ryu. If that character is actually well worth the addition anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom