• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd probably pick A. Mainly because I want at least want one Nintendo newcomer, and we've had enough surprises at this point.

D

Deleted member

So would you guys rather have:

A) another Mewtwo (a generally wanted character by pretty much everyone)
or
B) another Ryu (a totally out of the blue character that fits smash bros well and isn't some obscure nobody but not necessarily requested)

???
I would probably rather have B personally
Depends
The only """"""""""""""""""highly requested"""""""""""""""""" characters I would like to see in are Isaac and the Inklings
So I would take the latter if it wasn't one of those

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

or
B) another Ryu (a totally out of the blue character that fits smash bros well and isn't some obscure nobody but not necessarily requested)

???
In the case of ballot, A at this point. We haven't gotten any of that in regards to newcomers for DLC yet and DLC is likely very limited. And we had plenty of surprises in the initial launcher with characters such as Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt, etc

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

or

???
Both because we get Wolf and Cloud in Smash.

Especially considering the latter is repping his whole franchise instead of his game

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Both because we get Wolf and Cloud in Smash.

Especially considering the latter is repping his whole franchise instead of his game
Are people thinking we are actually getting Cloud in Smash though? I mean Snake and Ryu both have more to do with Nintendo than Cloud does and people had complained about them because they were barely on Nintendo. I highly doubt Cloud would be the FF rep we'd get honestly.

Edit: I get you meant it because he's more iconic and stuff, but I feel like it'd be more likely to have a well-known FF rep that's actually been on Nintendo than a character that hasn't for the sake of just using him.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Are people thinking we are actually getting Cloud in Smash though? I mean Snake and Ryu both have more to do with Nintendo than Cloud does and people had complained about them because they were barely on Nintendo. I highly doubt Cloud would be the FF rep we'd get honestly.

Edit: I get you meant it because he's more iconic and stuff, but I feel like it'd be more likely to have a well-known FF rep that's actually been on Nintendo than a character that hasn't for the sake of just using him.
If FF ever got a smash rep, it would either be cloud, black mage, or lighting( sakurai says that's his favorite character from it)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Quick question about fitness and **** :4wiifitm:
Is being 5-foot-7 / 99 lbs at the age of 16 a normal thing? :ohwell:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
So Freedom Planet tomorrow, who's getting it?
Can't wait. Looking forward to playing the game again, gonna do a run with Carol (I've actually beat the game with Lilac and Milla, I haven't touched Carol because I've never been fond of her character).
I wish they'd update us on that DLC though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Let's be honest here, he's the only character in that franchise that is considered a face of the series. I love it how people act like history of his game is the reason he'll be kept out. That's why I said he represents the FF as a whole considering there's no one and let me repeat that

NO ONE, in the whole Final Fantasy series has a insane popularity and recognition of their series than he does. That that mean he's a shoo-in as one, not much but the question was "a totally out of the blue character that fits Smash Bros well hat isn't some obscure nobody but wasn't heavily requested"

He fits that mold moreso than anyone else. And the only reason people complain about him not being in was that 'his' game wasn't on Nintendo consoles when that doesn't 100% stop him from getting in when like I said, he represents the franchise as a whole moreso than anyone else and anything is possible when Sakurai is involved. Especially considering that franchise he's from has incredible history with Nintendo in the past, present with some spinoffs and the future with FF XIV being on the NX as a possibility

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
If FF ever got a smash rep, it would either be cloud, black mage, or lighting( sakurai says that's his favorite character from it)
Wait... Sakurai loves Lightning? Oh god she's the worst of all. I'd beg him for Cloud over Lightning. haha

Also, it probably wouldn't be "Black Mage" it'd be Vivi if we were getting "A" Black Mage.

Chrono.

Well no one thought we were getting Ryu in Smash either until the datamine happened. As far as Smash goes, Cloud has a fanbase, it's a small fanbase, but it's there anyway. It's worth noting that Sakurai chose Ryu because he's a popular character IN GENERAL and Cloud is very popular.

Having no game on Nintendo (not even a port like Ryu) is what hurts him the most, he does have cameo appearances which could technically count I guess. But either way, he's extremely iconic and popular with the general public eye and a character from the PSX/N64-era would be pretty cool to have regardless.

So personally, I don't have an issue with Cloud.

D

Deleted member

If we're going to add Cloud just because he comes from the OoT of FF(AKA overrated as ****) despite only having cameos in Nintendo consoles, we better get Master Chief already
Wait... Sakurai loves Lightning? Oh god she's the worst of all. I'd beg him for Cloud over Lightning. haha

Also, it probably wouldn't be "Black Mage" it'd be Vivi if we were getting "A" Black Mage.
Now you're contradicting yourself
Vivi is a secondary character from a FF PS2 game
Cloud is the main character
I don't want Cloud anywhere near Smash but I would take him over Vivi
Beisdes, is it really a problem to just have "Black Mage"?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Nothing is wrong with Lightning. She's a fine character that is hated for pretty petty ass reasons on the internet by fan boys.

And Black Mage is a face of Final Fantasy.

I can literally find Black Mage merchandise in the ****ing ANTIQUE store down the road from me.

Final Fantasy has many iconic elements.

Black Mage is the most iconic class.

There's also Moogles and Chocobos.

Yes, Cloud is the most iconic hero of the franchise, but let's not pretend he's the only iconic thing about a series with many iconic elements.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
soooo animal crossing amiibo festivale
i kind of want it...if only for the killer centipedes and exclusive cards

Khoru

Smash Champion
Nothing is wrong with Lightning. She's a fine character that is hated for pretty petty *** reasons on the internet by fan boys.
she's ok, there's just some really weird creator bias with her
"lightning returns has the series' first female protagonist"

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So...
I didn't enough time to change my avatar this morning as school is really hammering me. I've been busy quite a lot today, but thankfully had time to do so right now. At least you get to see Reggie Dora in all of its glory.

D

Deleted member

Nothing is wrong with Lightning. She's a fine character that is hated for pretty petty *** reasons on the internet by fan boys.

I can literally find Black Mage merchandise in the ****ing ANTIQUE store down the road from me.

Yes, Cloud is the most iconic hero of the franchise, but let's not pretend he's the only iconic thing about a series with many iconic elements.
Before I even played FF, I only knew it as "that RPG with the chibi mage and I guess Aerith dies"
Hold on, Aerith dying is clearly the most iconic part of the franchise
Let's have it as a character instead of Cloud :troll:
she's ok, there's just some really weird creator bias with her
"lightning returns has the series' first female protagonist"
Please tell me they didn't actually say that

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura

Sorry but I disagree with that strongly. And I don't appriciate being called a fanboy. Before 13, I had only played 6 and 4.
Lighting is the worst character I've had the displeasure of playing as in any RPG period. She's boring, stuck up, angsty and I'm sick of seeing her face with how much she keeps getting shoved in our face. I wanted her to shut up almost every time she talked.
And before you say it, yeah, Cloud has that problem too. But at least he spent most of FF7 thinking he was an infinitely more interesting character (Zack) and acting the part.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
lightning is other m samus with less emotions to the point where ive heard people laugh at a line in lightning returns ff 13 to the store
where she says
that actuall god took away her emotions...please note shes talking specificly for this game

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also the whole "Cloud hasn't been on a Nintendo console" situation might chance in my mind.

>FF XIV: A Relm Reborn is being planned for an NX version pretty soon considering how strong the console is

>FF VII Remake is NOT a PS4 exclusive and has a possibility, a major one in fact, of being a multiplatform game on Xbox One and PC

>If the NX is as strong as the PS4/Xbox One, it can have the chance of getting of the biggest remake of our time (that's not named Resident Evil 2)

That said, it's a theory in my that is pretty possible if things go right for the NX

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
If we're going to add Cloud just because he comes from the OoT of FF(AKA overrated as ****) despite only having cameos in Nintendo consoles, we better get Master Chief already

Now you're contradicting yourself
Vivi is a secondary character from a FF PS2 game
Cloud is the main character
I don't want Cloud anywhere near Smash but I would take him over Vivi
Beisdes, is it really a problem to just have "Black Mage"?
I guess it wouldn't be a problem to just have "Black Mage" but the point was they listed 2 other non-Nintendo FF characters, which is why I mentioned Vivi because he's the "Black Mage Character" people think of. It wasn't a contradiction, just a point to go along with what they're saying.
But you're right, Black Mage might be fine.

Lightning has no personality whatsoever in my opinion, and XIII-3 just pushes that home... but I really don't want to get in an argument over it. PERSONALLY, she's my least favorite FF protag. We can leave it at that.

You make a good point, it'd probably be fine with just "Black Mage" but if we're talking preference at all, I'd rather just go with "Warrior of Light" then, because that's repping the first game and in all fairness if we have a Light Warrior that can be whatever class, he can have a large variety of moves. They can give him White Magic, Black Magic, and a bunch of other abilities.

Also, I was going to mention Montblanc or one of the other moogles that have been characters in the FF games because they'd have the iconic "Moogle" which is one of the mascots of the series, but also character recognition.

I don't have any problem with Cloud being in personally, I would just be somewhat surprised if that was the Square rep we got.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So Glad we got more DLC.
"Waking" up to Pirate Ship was the best thing ever.
It may not be the thing I wanted back from Brawl the most, But it was on my List of stages that I wanted back. Maybe even number 1.
The new costumes are decent I suppose.
And Mario Maker is awesome. Props for Sakurai adding in the music Medley and the Changing Sound effects for each version accordingly. (Mario 1, 3, World and U)
I do hope we get Wolf back. Like seriously I voted foo him the moment we got the chance, followed by me tertiaries :popo:
Maybe he can come on October 3rd the day the ballot ends. :3
Oh and Jontron is an incredible Singer,

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sorry but I disagree with that strongly. And I don't appriciate being called a fanboy.
Lighting is the worst character I've had the displeasure of playing as in any RPG period. She's boring, stuck up, angsty and I'm sick of seeing her face with how much she keeps getting shoved in our face. I wanted her to shut up almost every time she talked. And before 13, I had only played 6 and 4.
And before you say it, yeah, Cloud has that problem too. But at least he spent most of FF7 thinking he was an infinitely more interesting character (Zack) and acting the part.
Lol. So is it a male vs woman thing then?

Look, she's not my favorite character, but you can't use the ''He thought he was Zack" thing to give Cloud a pass. It's B.S. anytime someone does it.

The only problem with Lightning is that she got far too many installments and as said strange creator bias because of her feminity, when Terra, Tifa, Yuna and Aerith were all as much lead heroines as she was without even leading a game in the ladies of 7's cases.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, from what I've been reading in this thread. Apparently some guy is claiming that some more placeholder spots were added into the game's code and the TCRF as well as @shinyquagsire23 are checking to see if that even happened.

Ironically, this is the news I've been mostly looking forward too and the most hype for. It would be freaking awesome if we got more Characters and Stages into 2016. Heck, even around E3 time would be even cooler. I doubt it's still going to happen, but would be very cool and exciting nonetheless.

Last edited:
Who needs cloud when you have Edea Lee. Two roles as a playable character and Nintendo exclusive. Plus the moveset potential of so many different classes. Ninjas warriors mages summoners chemists etc with an awesoem theme to boot:')

Why does everything I love have no chance

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So, from what I've been reading in this thread. Apparently some guy is claiming that some more placeholder spots were added into the game's code and the TCRF as well as @shinyquagsire23 are checking to see if that even happened.

Ironically, this is the news I've been mostly looking forward too and the most hype for. It would be freaking awesome if we got more Characters and Stages into 2016. Heck, even around E3 time would be even cooler. I doubt it's still going to happen, but would be very cool and exciting nonetheless.
More character slots?

If there was like, only one added, then I can safely assume that the next two characters are pre-ballot (i.e Wolf and Shovel Knight).

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Who needs cloud when you have Edea Lee. Two roles as a playable character and Nintendo exclusive. Plus the moveset potential of so many different classes. Ninjas warriors mages summoners chemists etc :')

Why does everything I love have no chance
Bravely Default isn't iconic. While I love the look of the game and have wanted to try it for a while. I'd be really upset if any Square series got love before Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy is Square as much as Megaman and Street Fighter are Capcom.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Hey, I made a thing; --a gift for these last days of Ballot; I wish luck to every character and fandom competing (even though here are just my 6 personal picks); I was going to post this at Wonder Red's and Inkling's Threads too, but I thought that I was going to be way too intrusive (having no kind of participation before);

if are any of their supporters here, please, accept that. =)

---ah, you can clearly see I'm not an artist by any means, but I tried.

Last edited:
Bravely Default isn't iconic. While I love the look of the game and have wanted to try it for a while. I'd be really upset if any Square series got love before Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy is Square as much as Megaman and Street Fighter are Capcom.
I was being sarcastic. hence the face with a tear and the strike through :p

Any bravely default character would be absurd when DQ and FF exist.
Hey, I made a thing; --a gift for these last days of Ballots; I wish luck to every character and fandom competing (even though here are just my 6 personal picks); I was going to post this at Wonder Red's and Inkling's Threads too, but I thought that I was going to be way too intrusive (having no kind of participation before);

if are any of their supporters here, please, accept that. =)

---ah, you can clearly see I'm not an artist by any means, but I tried.
>claims not to be an artist
>claims to have made this

don't contradict yourself in your own post. You should have seen my "art"

Last edited:

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lol. So is it a male vs woman thing then?

Look, she's not my favorite character, but you can't use the ''He thought he was Zack" thing to give Cloud a pass. It's B.S. anytime someone does it.

The only problem with Lightning is that she got far too many installments and as said strange creator bias because of her feminity, when Terra, Tifa, Yuna and Aerith were all as much lead heroines as she was without even leading a game in the ladies of 7's cases.
I'm not giving Cloud a pass. You take that away and he has all the same problems of Lighting. Case and point, Advent Children.
But I could at least ENJOY his presence in the game thanks to that bit. Lightning was a chore to watch and listen to every scene she was in.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom