• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tell that to SEGA.

Sure they said yes later, but geez that was a terrible move.
*cough Sonic Boom cough* Still love the show though...
In all seriousness, didn't they ask for sonic in melee and then again in brawl?
They say "we'll consider it" because if they say "yes, we'd like if it he were in" everybody thinks they're hinting at crap. Like a certain company.
Possibly, but I don't think it would lead to those assumptions. I'd even say that if the Shovel Knight rumor wasn't a thing, then people wouldn't jump to those conclusions with Yacht club games, at least not until this past week.

Also I saw a comment on a facebook post about the monster hunter outfits in smash. The person said that supposedly Nintendo wanted the monster Hunter in smash but the creator shot it down because they didn't want to make a default look for the hunter as the game is about customization. But they thought the mii costumes could be fine. I've never heard such a statement though, so I am doubting it's validity( at least the first part about him being wanted for smash anyway). Anyone able to confirm or deny this?

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
He datamined the Wii U version, shinyquagsire is going to datamine the 3DS one, which is probably the better bet for unrevealed content considering that's where we found Roy and Ryu for their leak.
Yeah, I just realized that he was referring to the 3DS version :p

I haven't heard much from him actually. Does he still do alot of other things besides data mining?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
*cough Sonic Boom cough* Still love the show though...
In all seriousness, didn't they ask for sonic in melee and then again in brawl?

Possibly, but I don't think it would lead to those assumptions. I'd even say that if the Shovel Knight rumor wasn't a thing, then people wouldn't jump to those conclusions with Yacht club games, at least not until this past week.

Also I saw a comment on a facebook post about the monster hunter outfits in smash. The person said that supposedly Nintendo wanted the monster Hunter in smash but the creator shot it down because they didn't want to make a default look for the hunter as the game is about customization. But they thought the mii costumes could be fine. I've never heard such a statement though, so I am doubting it's validity( at least the first part about him being wanted for smash anyway). Anyone able to confirm or deny this?
They asked for him in Melee, probably would have made it if it weren't for time constraints, then said no when they asked to put him in Brawl since Sonic topped the polls, then rang at Sakurai's doorbell while the team was nearing the end of development and went "Uh we changed our minds."
Yeah I don't get it either.

Last edited:

Chrono.

They asked for him in Melee, probably would have made it if it weren't for time constraints, then said no when they asked to put him in Brawl since Sonic topped the polls, then rang at Sakurai's doorbell while the team was nearing the end of development and went "Uh we changed our minds."
Probably had to do with Yuji Naka not being part of SEGA by the time Brawl was going on.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I love the potato quality.

I missed potato quality.

I like how all leakers expect us to believe they're still rocking a flip phone era camera.

D

Deleted member

I don't know why you guys are even talking about the renders when the leak has IC lol

D

Deleted member

I love the potato quality.

I missed potato quality.

I like how all leakers expect us to believe they're still rocking a flip phone era camera.
Name one legit leak we had that wasn't potato quality.

It may be a cliché, but it's a cliché for a reason.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I kinda want Sakurai just to do SoPo to do the really big ultimate mind **** he has left under his belt.

Everyone's so sure it won't happen...it'd kill us all dead if it did.

D

Deleted member

You know what'd be a bigger mind****?
Goku.

I guess you want him now too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sonic was planned for Melee, yes, but time constraints got in the way.
That makes absolutely no sense. I knew he was planned for melee but was't sure if he had been planned like that for brawl. I have no words for how they could justify the logic of wanting him in melee and then were like nah let's not add him to brawl, and then were like " Wait please daddy Sakurai, we made a terrible mistake! We're never do it again! "

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Honestly, once Smash Bros DLC is over, it'll be bittersweet for several reasons.

It's bitter because oh man it's over, that's it. But sweet because YES, NO MORE STUPID LEAKS

Then it's also sweet because your character/stage is probably in, but then it's also bitter again because ****ty leaks will continue when Smash Bros for NX is announced

Last edited:

Naoshi

That makes absolutely no sense. I knew he was planned for melee but was't sure if he had been planned like that for brawl. I have no words for how they could justify the logic of wanting him in melee and then were like nah let's not add him to brawl, and then were like " Wait please daddy Sakurai, we made a terrible mistake! We're never do it again! "
Probably had to do with Yuji Naka. He quit Sega during Brawl's early development. I wonder if he was the one who suggested Sonic for Melee?

Last edited:

Chrono.

I think one reason Smash DLC might end early is because it'll get way too expensive later on.

Like the current 4 collections alone are worth a whopping $51.66 (just for one version of the game to boot)

That's nearly the same amount as the full game and it's not sitting well with a lot of people.

Naoshi

I think one reason Smash DLC might end early is because it'll get way too expensive later on.

Like the current 4 collections alone are worth a whopping $51.66 (just for one version of the game to boot)

That's nearly the same amount as the full game and it's not sitting well with a lot of people.
Doesn't really help that people are understandably stingy with the DLC prices. MK8-style pricing would've done wonders.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Honestly, once Smash Bros DLC is over, it'll be bittersweet for several reasons.

It's bitter because oh man it's over, that's it. But sweet because YES, NO MORE STUPID LEAKS

Then it's also sweet because your character/stage is probably in, but then it's also bitter again because ****ty leaks will continue when Smash Bros for NX is announced
It's also bitter because there's a good chance some of us might leave for good once DLC is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom