• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
6 Characters is around the usual amount fighting games get for DLC.

Not counting the huge updates like the ones SFIV has.
Street Fighter IV technically has 0, since the characters added were included with a new version of the game and aren't playable in previous versions (but if one counts them anyway, number's 19)
Soul Calibur IV has 1
Soul Caliber also has 1
Mortal Kombat (2011) has 4
(Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has 2
Street Fighter x Tekken has 15
Mortal Kombat X has 4, with 4 more koming soon

Yeah, 6 is everywhere.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Wait, wait wait I heard Lucas's costume is in Super Mario Maker? Is it REAL!?

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Where are people getting the idea of 2 DLC characters left? I'm counting on 4 characters. I don't think they'd make 6 month international ballot and choose 2. Unless they're planning on using the data for a future Smash.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I assume that the amiibos for the Mii Fighters will unlock Nikki skin for Super Mario Maker, isn't it? .. Oh Gosh! This is so exciting! She's probably the only Mii Character that got some kind of official reputation that way! =D

Soul.

Yeah man, like it bothers me that we'll not be getting Squirtle and Ivysaur back in this game. Really does. I guess I'll be playing Brawl forever now.

...is tripping better than having the rage mechanic

Strofirko

Smash Master
I still think shovel knight is likely as chibi-robo.
/trashtalk

Last edited:

Soul.

I really miss them too and will support em in Smash 5. Especially Squirtle.

No.
I only miss them because they were fun to play in Brawl. Stamina mechanic ruined everything. Then again, I can see people complaining about Squirtle coming back because "we already have a Water-type in Greninja."
ok brb gonna pray for next balance patch to remove rage pls samurai

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I only miss them because they were fun to play in Brawl. Stamina mechanic ruined everything. Then again, I can see people complaining about Squirtle coming back because "we already have a Water-type in Greninja."
ok brb gonna pray for next balance patch to remove rage pls samurai
Rage isn't inherently bad. I understan the hate but it's pretty petty imo

Chrono.

Street Fighter IV technically has 0
Soul Calibur IV has 1
Soul Caliber also has 1
Mortal Kombat (2011) has 4
(Ultimate) Marvel vs. Capcom 3 has 2
Street Fighter x Tekken has 15
Mortal Kombat X has 4, with 4 more koming soon

Yeah, 6 is everywhere.
I said around the usual amount, not the exact the number. Plus you're missing games.

Skullgirls has 5 right now, KOF13 had 3 (4 with Saiki), Blazblue CS had 3 (4 with Rellius), while CP has 3 and now Xrd has 3.

My point was that it's really common for a fighting game to get around 3-8 DLC characters.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Where are people getting the idea of 2 DLC characters left? I'm counting on 4 characters. I don't think they'd make 6 month international ballot and choose 2. Unless they're planning on using the data for a future Smash.
2 is basically the confirmed minimum of remaining characters due to the filler slots. A lot of people are probably erring with that because they don't want to get their hopes up for more and get let down, or at least they're only discussing in terms of that because that's all we can know we'll get.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I don't even want to imagine the rage if we get two DLC characters and they are both third parties.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Why does this exist and why is it actually good?

https://soundcloud.com/https%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fdescamento%2Fkanye-and-the-brain
The world is weird and wonderful.

I don't think it's stupid, but the hate is definitely there lol.
I've honestly never had a problem with rage.
Rage isn't bad, I just hate the jank it comes with. Stuff like Roy's OHKO with his up-B, how in certain moves and settings, you get some crazy moves.

But it does benefits Super Heavyweights, dangerous characters like Mac, Ganondorf, Falcon, Marth/Roy/Lucina, Ike and characters with high risk moves.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I still subscribe that Sakurai and his team were working on Roy, Ryu, and Lucas, then had the intent of 2 more characters pre-ballot. Then they were going to let the ballot come closer to finishing before considering them.

2 more characters would go against a lot.

If one is Shovel Knight, then there'd only be one Nintendo newcomer.

If there are only 2 left, that means there'd be 3 newcomers and 3 veterans. And I don't know about you but that still kind of gives me the vibe of cut content which Sakurai was trying to go against.

D

Deleted member

Rage is great and should stay as is
No, this isn't just bias because I main Ganondorf, totally not.

Also, Nikki for Smash

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Ivysaur was more unique than people give Credit for:
It Was the only Pokémon to walk on all 4's.
It Was the first and only Pokémon to have a tether recovery.
And it could have really benefited from the new edge mechanics implemented in this game.
If I had the choice of one random Newcomer or to have Ivy and squirtle back.
I would pick the Latter and that's without all veteran Bias.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I still subscribe that Sakurai and his team were working on Roy, Ryu, and Lucas, then had the intent of 2 more characters pre-ballot. Then they were going to let the ballot come closer to finishing before considering them.

2 more characters would go against a lot.

If one is Shovel Knight, then there'd only be one Nintendo newcomer.

If there are only 2 left, that means there'd be 3 newcomers and 3 veterans. And I don't know about you but that still kind of gives me the vibe of cut content which Sakurai was trying to go against.
I think many are now coming around to theory that there may not be any Nintendo newcomers.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I want Fawful in Smash, because then I can call his rage "fury".

Chrono.

Does Miyamoto dislike Super Mario Land or smth?

I've seen that claim thrown around a lot for awhile but it's probably just rubbish.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Squirtle coming back would be okay. He's pretty popular on his own, but not Charizard level.

Ivysaur is kind of that friend who gets invited to go to iHop with you when you're drunk off your mind and you forget she talks to much, so you'd never invite her along otherwise.

Basically Ivysaur was lucky to have the Pokemon Trainer concept.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think many are now coming around to theory that there may not be any Nintendo newcomers.
Which is even kind of worse really. I love me some third parties, but I can't see any reason to favor them as DLC.

Unless Sakurai legitimately doesn't want to introduce a big Nintendo character as DLC because he thinks it'd be viewed as them being an "afterthought"

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Just let this sink in.
Without Pichu or Sqirtle.
We do not have a first evolution in this iteration.
:pichumelee:1st evolution Pokémon for Smash :squirtle:
Pikachu is a first evolution

#GenWunner :troll:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Rage is great and should stay as is
No, this isn't just bias because I main Ganondorf, totally not.
Dude the characters I play has the advantage of Rage on their side, especially a certain boxer from the Bronx who can KO opponents at 45% without the KO Punch

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I have Rayman in my list of wishes for DLC newcomers, and I love him to death...of course, I wouldn't mind some other 3rd Party guests like Bomberman, for instance.. but I really think that Nintendo has enough characters in "queue" longer than many of those others, waiting to be included in Smash Bros. since the beginning. *cough*

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Which is even kind of worse really. I love me some third parties, but I can't see any reason to favor them as DLC.

Unless Sakurai legitimately doesn't want to introduce a big Nintendo character as DLC because he thinks it'd be viewed as them being an "afterthought"
Having too many third parties kind of takes away the fact they are special additions.
I mean the Big 3:4pacman::4megaman::4sonic: were featured on the back of the box for both versions of the games.
Not to mention the ones we have are really big names that many people will recognise.
And if not Megaman for Capcom we have Ryu who a good amount of people know.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, I don't think third parties should have to be big icons.

I just don't think they should be the only thing added to the game ever.

The only Nintendo characters should not be just veterans.

Last edited:

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
But it does benefits Super Heavyweights, dangerous characters like Mac, Ganondorf, Falcon, Marth/Roy/Lucina, Ike and characters with high risk moves.
Yeah, Charizard with rage is fun and scary (for my opponents).

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Iirc one of the ballot sites said votes could be used for reasons other than smash, or at least a playable smash character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom