• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Also, the guy in my avatar totally doesn't look like :4darkpit:.

Think I'm kidding? http://i.imgur.com/JBv7PE3.png

In unimportant news, I was sent these "images" randomly to my Reddit account by user Jtneagle. It was titled, "shhhh". I'm not sure what was the point, or why me of all people he sent these too.
Looks almost convincing.

But I swear I've seen that Shovel Knight render before.

Plus, website leaks are easily done and have always been fake so far.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
My issue with third parties is that it's gotten to the point where it went from just maybe 2-3 to 5-8. They are supposed to be mostly special cases but now, almost anyone can get in and it's not about status but more of they have more priority over Nintendo franchises and people will take more of those than Nintendo series.
Every third party that has actually gotten into the game is in because of their status. It's only the (quite frankly absurd) fan requests that make the third party slot less "special." There's little reason to fear the game becoming a mess of random third parties just because the fans won't shut up about them.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
>Took until about a week ago to finally get Isaac
>No sign of Bandana Dee
>Who the hell voted for Travis and Bomberman
No one voted for Travis. He's not even a real Nintendo character...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I always thought anime was a garbage argument and still is.

And I hope that if the last row of DLC characters is 2, I hope to God, one isn't Shovel Knight. Why? Because that leaves a 50/50 chance of a third party character being part of the ballot.

I can already see a commercial...
'Smashified. By Smash fans. For Smash fans. Now give us moolah and we'll do everyone you want you impatient ****s.'
Presented by Reddit and GameFAQs

GameFAQs:
"Ridley and Ashley are more important than Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer, you ****!"

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Every third party that has actually gotten into the game is in because of their status. It's only the (quite frankly absurd) fan requests that make the third party slot less "special." There's little reason to fear the game becoming a mess of random third parties just because the fans won't shut up about them.
Actually if Shovel Knight actually gets in, that would be an example of a third-party character getting despite his lack of starpower in contrast to :snake::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu:, seeing as unlike all of these characters, he is completely obscure among a wider gaming audience. In that case, concerns and criticisms about "random" third-party characters would be completely warranted, because there would be nothing special about Shovel Knight in contrast to Mega Man.

Edit: On second thought, after mulling the full implications of only third-party characters being the final 2 DLC characters, we'd still be missing Wolf, which is the only veteran that I want that actually has a good chance of coming back, and that's no good. The last two characters being veterans would be more preferable to them being third-party characters (due to Wolf being most likely one of the final 2 characters in the former case) especially if we are to get an obscure character as a third-party DLC.

Last edited:
I feel like torturing myself again. Instead of watching Meta's ****ty videos, I'll buy the first KI game
>First Kid Icarus
>Torture

bruh.
If you can beat the first level and you have basic memory skills for the fortresses it will be fine. After that and even during it is super fun. Making those jumps after understanding the controls is great.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
We've had friggin anime characters since Smash 64. Any argument against them is dumb. :pikachu64::jigglypuff64: :link64: :falcon64:
Id have to disagree with you, considering these characters originated from a video game before they showed up in an anime. If they originated in an anime, I see no reason to have them in a game that celebrates gaming All Stars.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>First Kid Icarus
>Torture

bruh.
If you can beat the first level and you have basic memory skills for the fortresses it will be fine. After that and even during it is super fun. Making those jumps after understanding the controls is great.
I had fun with the Masterpiece trial. Though there's a problem...
basic memory skills
At least I can remember Toad Man's attack pattern

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
@ Frostwraith Frostwraith
The character in your avatar is cute. May I ask where he's from?
Yuuichiro Hyakuya from the manga Owari no Seraph and the main protagonist of the story. There's also an anime adaptation, by the way.

As for the manga's story, it's set in a post-apocalyptic modern Japan in which the most of the remainder of humanity is livestock for vampires, but there is a resistance military force with demonic weapons. Plenty of action, mystery and blood.

It's also a bit cliché'd, the story being somewhat predictable. But it's a shounen manga, so you read it for the action scenes. The MC is involved in a tragedy involving the vampires and wants to exterminate them all. Just like your average shounen protagonist, he's a hotheaded idiot, but manages to be somehow competent. You know, the kind of stuff that has been done countless times before.

Presented by Reddit and GameFAQs

GameFAQs:
"Ridley and Ashley are more important than Rosalina and Wii Fit Trainer, you ****!"
GameFAQs at its finest, what else needs to be said?

>First Kid Icarus
>Torture

bruh.
The first Kid Icarus may not be anything stellar, but is worth playing for the insane difficulty.

I've already completed that game, by the way. Did a lot of Game Overs though.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
In unimportant news, I was sent these "images" randomly to my Reddit account by user Jtneagle. It was titled, "shhhh". I'm not sure what was the point, or why me of all people he sent these too.
Why is he sending you pictures of Smashified Shovel Knight
Why are so many people in cahoots with Artsy Omni

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
If we our only getting two Ballot spots.I'm 99% sure were not getting wolf,snake or any vets i dont think they'll use a ballot spot on a vet despite how popular.Plus is the shovel knight rumor is real i'm guessing the other spot is also a 3rd party probably one popular in Japan.However i would love for a sakurai surprise and give us isaac or sami

Burruni

Smash Hero
Id have to disagree with you, considering these characters originated from a video game before they showed up in an anime. If they originated in an anime, I see no reason to have them in a game that celebrates gaming All Stars.
It was a joke of people calling the likes of :4darkpit::4lucina::4robinm::4robinf: and :4shulk: "anime characters." Not actual characters who started in a show and then became a game a la Goku.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'd love to see Sakurai not give us Shovel Knight and actually give us first party characters. Ryu is cool and all, but it's a Nintendo game. I'd like to see more Nintendo content.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Given the only character I really want is Wolf, I'm at a point where I don't really care a lot about which characters become DLC. Anyway, I do have a preference for veterans, though newcomers are fine as well.

I'll buy all characters and stages that get released, anyway. I've donwloaded some Mii outfits, but I don't plan on getting them all.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Actually if Shovel Knight actually gets in, that would be an example of a third-party character getting despite his lack of starpower in contrast to :snake::4sonic::4pacman::4megaman::4ryu:, seeing as unlike all of these characters, he is completely obscure among a wider gaming audience. In that case, concerns and criticisms about "random" third-party characters would be completely warranted, because there would be nothing special about Shovel Knight in contrast to Mega Man.

Edit: On second thought, after mulling the full implications of only third-party characters being the final 2 DLC characters, we'd still be missing Wolf, which is the only veteran that I want that actually has a good chance of coming back, and that's no good. The last two characters being veterans would be more preferable to them being third-party characters (due to Wolf being most likely one of the final 2 characters in the former case) especially if we are to get an obscure character as a third-party DLC.
And that my largest issue, SK can and will open those floodgates. It's not like if Simon Belmont, Rayman, Phoenix Wright or even any Square Enix character. Those have icon status or placement with gaming's greats but Shovel Knight breaks open the idea of "As long as you kiss Nintendo's ass and pay them a lot of money, anyone can get in status or not."

Companies who don't even work with Nintendo can just beg and pay their way in and they can have the vocal minority backing them up.

Soul.

I mean like, again, I'm more excited for balance patches being a thing. Since we're a month away from the Ballot finishing, we could certainly see one once the characters/stages are released.

after all you wish the character you wanted was actually good right??

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I covered him, tho
Glad to see you're still being sensible. It's alarming how many people are talking about how idiotic and unlikely characters are that people are campaigning for yet they turn around and act like Shovel Knight is some how a perfect fit.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The only third-party character I'd really like to have back is Snake. And that's because he's a veteran.

Given the current situation with Kojima and Konami, I don't find him likely. It's a bit unfortunate.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
And that my largest issue, SK can and will open those floodgates. It's not like if Simon Belmont, Rayman, Phoenix Wright or even any Square Enix character. Those have icon status or placement with gaming's greats but Shovel Knight breaks open the idea of "As long as you kiss Nintendo's *** and pay them a lot of money, anyone can get in status or not."

Companies who don't even work with Nintendo can just beg and pay their way in and they can have the vocal minority backing them up.
Agreed. If Shovel Knight gets in, the concept of third-parties being anything interesting or noteworthy pretty much would be lost.

Glad to see you're still being sensible. It's alarming how many people are talking about how idiotic and unlikely characters are that people are campaigning for yet they turn around and act like Shovel Knight is some how a perfect fit.
Because he is in a leak.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Anyone else just cares about how many stages were gonna get?They said they can't make alot so do you guys think were getting nothing but a few more retro stages or our they saving them to go along with ballot characters

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
While I understand why people are against Shovel Knight due to his lack of iconic status compared to the other third-parties, I honestly wouldn't mind him getting in the game nor would he ruin the Smash series for me.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
>First Kid Icarus
>Torture

bruh.
The first Kid Icarus may not be anything stellar, but is worth playing for the insane difficulty.

I've already completed that game, by the way. Did a lot of Game Overs though.
Funny thing is, Kid Icarus isn't even close to the definition of NES hard.

The first three levels are a chore due to what it throws at you/the need to farm enemies, which is really the only thing I'd hold against the game. That said, I do think the game has aged significantly better than the original Metroid.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Agreed. If Shovel Knight gets in, the concept of third-parties being anything interesting or noteworthy pretty much would be lost.

Because he is in a rumor.
Fixed it for you.

Anyone else just cares about how many stages were gonna get?They said they can't make alot so do you guys think were getting nothing but a few more retro stages or our they saving them to go along with ballot characters
I seriously want some new stages. Pokemon Stadium, New Pork City (for 8-player Smash) and some non-past stages like a Mario Party stage, Rhythm Heaven stage, new Metroid, Xenoblade and Wario stage.

Also port some 3DS stages to Wii U like Corneria, Yoshi's Island, Pac-Maze and Arena Ferox.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Because he is in a leak.
Yeah, but you can't believe the leak, or even think it's likely, and then turn around and say that someone like Shantae is and has always been impossible. I'm not defending Shantae here, as I don't want any Indies in personally and don't think she has an actual chance (either no indies are in or the Shovel Knight leak is correct.) It's just that they're literally in the same boat: niche indie character whose only justification would be ballot votes.

Either Shovel Knight is fake or he changes the rules.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah, but you can't believe the leak, or even think it's likely, and then turn around and say that someone like Shantae is and has always been impossible. I'm not defending Shantae here, as I don't want any Indies in personally and don't think she has an actual chance (either no indies are in or the Shovel Knight leak is correct.) It's just that they're literally in the same boat: niche indie character whose only justification would be ballot votes.

Either Shovel Knight is fake or he changes the rules.
How about this- neither Shovel Knight nor Shantae have any real merits to be third-party characters in Smash, of all crossover franchises, in contrast to to actually iconic third-party characters.

There, happy?:p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom