• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I seriously want some new stages. Pokemon Stadium, New Pork City (for 8-player Smash) and some non-past stages like a Mario Party stage, Rhythm Heaven stage, new Metroid, Xenoblade and Wario stage.

Also port some 3DS stages to Wii U like Corneria, Yoshi's Island, Pac-Maze and Arena Ferox.
I want some new stages as well, I also kinda want them to finish up that scrapped Dr. Mario stage since I'm always wondering what it would've been like.

As for 3DS stages being ported to Wii U give me Magicant please.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Honestly, any time someone says Sakurai has rules that he abides by this is basically the first thing in my head:

Creative people don't follow rules in their works. Rules limit your possibilities. The rules are all completely made up things that the fanbase has come up with from Sakurai's quotes and don't totally reflect his creative process once behind closed doors.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Fixed it for you.

I seriously want some new stages. Pokemon Stadium, New Pork City (for 8-player Smash) and some non-past stages like a Mario Party stage, Rhythm Heaven stage, new Metroid, Xenoblade and Wario stage.

Also port some 3DS stages to Wii U like Corneria, Yoshi's Island, Pac-Maze and Arena Ferox.
Exactly as i have said possibly a thousand times bring back fourside.If possible Brainstar depths it's possiblely the only metroid stage do the series any justice.A mario party stage should've happened the same time the mario kart stage happen there both big parts of nintendo and mario spin-offs.Plus a Rhythm heaven and wario land stage would make my mouth water

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'd pay serious money for a Xenoblade X stage in Smash.

I hope the ballot characters come with nice stages.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
How about this- neither Shovel Knight nor Shantae have any real merits to be third-party characters in Smash, of all crossover franchises, in contrast to to actually iconic third-party characters.

There, happy?:p
YES! That's what I've been saying.

Either all of these indie characters are ridiculous or none are, however.

Last edited:

Soul.

If Wii U gets 3DS stages...
...3DS should get a few Wii U stages.
inb4 Smashville

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
For some people, generic anime designs in their games set them off. For me? It's generic "retro" pixel art. Wandering through the indie games at Pax, and no joke, it's 85% retro pixel art that looks exactly the same in every game. Every third game has another Mario/Zelda/Castlevania style hud over a sidescrolling platformer set in a castle; how compelling. It's inherently lazy, and I can count the number of times it seemed like a decision that wasn't motivated by lack of ambition on one hand. There was more pixel art variety in the 80s than there is now. It's ridiculous, and regardless of how much work or love is put into the rest of the game, I cannot fathom the decision to intentionally make your game look like every other game on the market. I pass on almost every single one.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
When the full roster was revealed, there was only one thing that upset me: the absence of Mewtwo, Lucas and Wolf.

All other veterans I had a hunch they wouldn't be back, so their absence didn't upset as much.

By the time the ballot was opened, two of my three wanted DLC characters were already confirmed, hence why I only voted for Wolf.

Regardless, Roy returning was great news and Ryu is a great addition too, so I have plenty of good reasons to keep looking forward to new DLC announcements. While I'll be satisfied with Wolf, I can't deny I'm wondering what other characters may be coming.

At this point, I'm overall satisfied with the roster. The only downside is the absence of Wolf and is currently my only actual desire for DLC.

(I believe I've stated this multiple times before, but this has always been my stance regarding the roster ever since it was revealed and now, almost one year later, it hasn't wavered one bit.)

I'd pay serious money for a Xenoblade X stage in Smash.
A Xenoblade X stage would be hype for me.

Not because of the stage itself, but the music. It's all about the music when it comes to Xenoblade X content in Smash.

Because I'm a fan of Hiroyuki Sawano's work. I've been compelled to watch some anime series because of the soundtrack.

Of course, the stage itself would look great anyway. It is Xenoblade we're talking about, after all.

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
I love Nintendo's franchises, but I actually hope Smash is open to more 3rd parties in the future. Smash needs to have an actual mix of characters that will turn heads, characters who are really well-recognized, and characters aimed at the hardcore Nintendo fans.

They shouldn't pick anyone at "random," but if they just keep adding characters like a new Starfox pilot or Dixie (who would be great, don't get me wrong) then they're adding characters that primarily appeal to people who buy a lot of first party Nintendo games and will probably have gotten Smash with or without them.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I really wish that some day Sakurai adds the option to give Bowser, DK and Diddy their actual voices
I for one happen to like Bowser's Inside Story's badass voice clips over...grunts.
"Did someone page the King of Awesome?" :4bowser:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
For some people, generic anime designs in their games set them off. For me? It's generic "retro" pixel art. Wandering through the indie games at Pax, and no joke, it's 85% retro pixel art that looks exactly the same in every game. Every third game has another Mario/Zelda/Castlevania style hud over a sidescrolling platformer set in a castle; how compelling. It's inherently lazy, and I can count the number of times it seemed like a decision that wasn't motivated by lack of ambition on one hand. There was more pixel art variety in the 80s than there is now. It's ridiculous, and regardless of how much work or love is put into the rest of the game, I cannot fathom the decision to intentionally make your game look like every other game on the market. I pass on almost every single one.
The modern indie game "retro" movement always makes me want to sit down and show younger gamers actual retro games. There are so many under valued gems out there, in a wide variety of genres.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Frigate Orpheon wasn't bad.
it wasn't a bad stage but i feel brainstar depths and especially the whole Kraid attacking the stage felt more metroid Frigate Orpheon didn't remind me of anything from the prime series besides the background

D

Deleted member

If Wii U gets 3DS stages...
...3DS should get a few Wii U stages.
inb4 Smashville
All I want is Unova League in glorious HD

Everyone talks about returning stages, but I want almost never about new stages
So here's a question: which new stage would you like to see as DLC?
I would love to see a Bowser's Castle stage

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If possible Brainstar depths it's possiblely the only metroid stage do the series any justicer
I don't think Norfair is terrible.

And really, a lot of Metroid locations could do the series justice in the event a stage were actually added in the future. Phendrana, Tourian, Ceres, Phaaze...

And of course, I'm in the minority that thinks Pyrosphere is fine as is despite the controversy around it.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Honestly, any time someone says Sakurai has rules that he abides by this is basically the first thing in my head:

Creative people don't follow rules in their works. Rules limit your possibilities. The rules are all completely made up things that the fanbase has come up with from Sakurai's quotes and don't totally reflect his creative process once behind closed doors.
I just moreso think it's the case of either;
A) "Let's just **** with everybody and add rules we never made in the first place, remember when I said I disliked the idea of Fighting Game characters in Smash?"
B) "Let's put these rules down and see how far we can get without breaking them, because I'm gonna break them anyway"
C) "SHUT UP ABOUT RIDLEY I DO WHAT I WANT"
Yes, I'm still alive. :4pacman:

Chrono.

"Retro" art style games are pretty much the indie equivalent to the edgy white guys with stubble in AAA games. They could be their own genre by now.

D

Deleted member

And really, a lot of Metroid locations could do the series justice in the event a stage were actually added in the future. Phendrana, Tourian, Ceres, Phaaze...

And of course, I'm in the minority that thinks Pyrosphere is fine as is despite the controversy around it.
Norfair's gimmick is well done and fun imo
I love fighting for the safe room
Pyrosphere would be better if Ridley wasn't basically a Flying Man on steroids
But besides that, it's a great stage

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My problem with retro pixel indie games that it's always NES and Atari graphics. And it's always 8-Bit music and when they go 16-Bit, it always has 8-but music and blur all over it makes it look ugly.

Freedom Planet is pixel art done right. That's why I like it so much.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Pyrosphere is nice has a few metroid enemies show up every once and awhile and even has Ridley. the only problem is Ridley cant shut the **** up and let us fight.It's a nice stage and shows some elements of Metroid just isn't a stage i enjoy playing on(unless it's omega).And yeah Norfair aint all bad one of my favorite brawl stages actually

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
They could be their own genre by now.
Well if you wanted to put it the slightly silly way
Indie games are like 80% "Retro Styled"
I just call that 80% "Bitties"
'Cuz y'know, the 8-Bit/9-Bit/16-Bit style.
Back in the day, we measured greatness in bits.
Now it's just a matter of who can get the most recent 1080/60fps Shooter out.
:drshrug:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I would like it if indies tried a new artstyle, doesn't have to move from pixels. Something Golden Sun inspired maybe? The GBA had so much good looking spritework.

D

Deleted member

My problem with retro pixel indie games that it's always NES and Atari graphics. And it's always 8-Bit music and when they go 16-Bit, it always has 8-but music and blur all over it makes it look ugly.

Freedom Planet is pixel art done right. That's why I like it so much.
*cough*Cave Story*cough*
*cough*Shovel Knight*cough

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If I had to make a stage wishlist for DLC:
- New DK stage
- Star Fox Zero stage
- Metroid Prime stage (could be Frigate Orpheon from Brawl)
- Zelda: Wind Waker stage (could be Pirate Ship from Brawl)
- Xenoblade X stage
- A Melee stage that isn't in Brawl (Fourside, for example)

Khoru

Smash Champion
The modern indie game "retro" movement always makes me want to sit down and show younger gamers actual retro games. There are so many under valued gems out there, in a wide variety of genres.
i mean there are definitely some games that use percieved "retroness" to their advantage, like sword and sworcery or fez
but... yeah
there's a TON of just... low-grade crap

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
*cough*Cave Story*cough*
*cough*Shovel Knight*cough
Cave Story isn't really trying to be any -bit or imitate any previous graphical style, giving it it's own flair while Shovel Knight and Freedom Planet have obvious art inspirations but pull them off greatly.

D

Deleted member

The day Swampasaur and Pushdustin dies is the day you get banned. :troll:
Funny you say this
Swamp almost died to the same Zangoose's Crush Claw
It kept going down and I was like "don't you dare I'm near to getting a Mega you little ******"

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey vannrose, you have expierience with text leaks right?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just realised the ballot officially closes 1 month from today.

DUN
DUN
DUNNNNN.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Stage DLC?
- Sword Valley
- Phendrana Drifts
- Gangplank Galleon
- Blossom City