• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Well, here at EventHubs, they specifically mention both Boogerman and Earthworm Jim, at least, to be part of this new game; --Seems that they'll try to do something more technical and competitive instead of just try to spoof other fighting games. XD; Would be fun to see ClayFighter at EVO and things like that. =P
--But I'm itching to see more about it; it's been a while since the announcement.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I never liked Clayfighter but part of me is really curious to see how it'll end up looking like.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Well, here at EventHubs, they specifically mention both Boogerman and Earthworm Jim, at least, to be part of this new game; --Seems that they'll try to do something more technical and competitive instead of just try to spoof other fighting games. XD; Would be fun to see ClayFighter at EVO and things like that. =P
--But I'm itching to see more about it; it's been a while since the announcement.
noice! i cant wait to see Earth Worm Jim in HD!!! like Rash

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
i really feel sad about Earth worm jim being one of those character that may not have any luck to be in smash in any future smash games. i dont think he is a bad choice but his seires really needs to comeback.
Earthworm Jim probably would have been a top 3rd Party candidate for Smash 64 if such a thing were to have happened around then.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I wish that the Boogerman 20th Anniversary campaign at the Kickstarter got founded =(.. It's a gross game, with a gross protagonist, but was a big part of my childhood;... I think most of people here on Brazil have good memories with this. (I mean, I saw a lot of Brazilians becoming backers for the project)

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Earth worm Jim wasn't even in the top 5 3rd parties in smash 2 poll http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/03/23/if-there-were-a-smash-2-poll/ and this was made back in 1999 when Earth worm Jim 3D was released in the same year, I wonder why people didn't think of him at that time.
Simple, Earthworm Jim 3D sucked. And I mean sucked hard. Sucked so hard that it killed the franchise and never got another game until a remake of the first game in 2011.

It was as bad as Bubsy 3D and Rascal.

And those games are bad, very BAD

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Simple, Earthworm Jim 3D sucked. And I mean sucked hard. Sucked so hard that it killed the franchise and never got another game until a remake of the first game in 2011.

It was as bad as Bubsy 3D and Rascal.

And those games are bad, very BAD
No game it's Bubsy 3D bad; .. literally no other game has such unique iconicity :awesome:

Chrono.

The N64 era was great because 3D was the "in" thing but almost nobody knew what to do so it was either make an SM64 clone or do your own thing and hope for the best.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
You know what Kingdom Hearts 3 needs? A Corey in the House world.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
ClayFighter is getting a remake? Huh. Hopefully that all goes well. Though I'm curious if they're going to include the Director's Cut characters along with the others.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I like Earthworm Jim but he'd be kind one of the last characters I'd ever see in Smash, even if he was still relevant today.

Although that reminds me, I should look into buying the games sometime. I only had the DSi port of 1 and seen some of the TV show (which was freaking amazing). Thanks for reminding me!

No game it's Bubsy 3D bad; .. literally no other game has such unique iconicity :awesome:
Someone should make Bubsy 3D: Part 2

What could PAWSsibly go wrong? :^)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
The N64 era was great because 3D was the "in" thing but almost nobody knew what to do so it was either make an SM64 clone or do your own thing and hope for the best.
And we got really cool experimental titles, such Glover, Tonic Trouble and Pac-Man World! .. I kind miss those times.. the criticism and a requirement of gamers and reviewers were so much lighter and "purehearted".. Well, and the good sense in common to recognize a bad game was also weak. =P

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Speaking of All-Star fighting games, there was a game recently released on the PSN store called Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax, which has a bunch of famous anime characters fighting in SEGA worlds, so I thought, what if they made a version in style of Marvel vs. CAPCOM, where you have the anime characters along with famous SEGA characters. What do you guys think?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Do you think Bubsy will come back in the future?
To be honest I would be happy to see him back I always like when a dead franchise come back to life again even if a lot of people hate it, but remember Bubsy has fans too.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Shaq Fu is kinda going through a "safe" route; .. they'll do a Beat 'n Up this time, instead of a fighting game... which is in theory a much simpler concept. They promised the game for this year, isn't it? -- The stretch goal for the Wii U version was reached, so, I might buy if it turns in something good. =P

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So, I have been tracking the Amiibo Reddit lately and found something very interesting.
In this thread right here, people have been keeping up with a mysterious Amiibo listing that people assume is the Mii Fighters. How people assume its them is through a 4-Digit code that each Amiibo have.
From Reddit user /u/the-missy:
The Main part of item numbers, used for identification, is the 4-digit part in the middle of it, which can be broken down into 3 parts.
I'll Use SSB Mario's code as an example here;
"AAAA"
The First letter seems to represent type, as the only examples of it changing are the Yarn Yoshi ("YA",) And The Animal Crossing card series ("MA".)
The Second letter represents series within amiibo type, examples of this are the SMB series ("AB",) the Splatoon series ("AE",) and the Super Mario Maker series ("AF".)
The Third and fourth letters represent a specific character within a series, going as high as "CC" for SSB PAC-MAN, However, This skips over the letters I and O, likely for their similarity to the numbers 1 and 0.
Of special exception are the Splatoon 3-pack ("AE3A",) the mystery listing ("AA3C",) and the Animal Crossing cards ("MA3A",) all of which use a number in place of the first digit of the third digit, likely representing multi-amiibo packaging, and the number possibly indicating how many are in the package.
This means the mystery listing is a SSB series is most likely a Mii Fighters 3-pack, but it may not be the only one!
Compared to the Splatoon 3-pack and Animal Crossing cards, The mystery listing ends in "C," rather than "A" like the other two multipacks.
Another thing of note, the SSB series' EU box numbers don't really match up with the 4-digit codes, with the exception of wave 1's numbers matching up 1 through 12.
For example, the first amiibo from wave 2 to show up in the 4-digit codes is Luigi, EU no. 15, coming right after Marth, No. 12.
Another example is Bowser Jr., No. 43, being immediately after Bowser, No. 20.
DLC Characters appear to use "C," based on Mewtwo's AACE.
Worth nothing too, that Mewtwo's Item Number leaves an empty space between it and the previous figure, PAC-MAN (AACC)
Of Interest, It Appears that NES Colored R.O.B. and Famicom Colored R.O.B. are identified separately, as AABY for Famicom Colored R.O.B. and as AACD for NES Colored R.O.B.
That's all I've got to say for now, so i'll leave this off with a list of all amiibo and their 4-digit code (With EU box numbers for the SSB line!,) sourced from NoA's CPSIA site, NoE's amiibo site, and NoJ's amiibo site.
SUPER SMASH BROS SERIES (AA)
AAAA - Mario (No. 1)
AAAB - Peach (No. 2)
AAAC - Yoshi (No. 3)
AAAD - Donkey Kong (No. 4)
AAAE - Link (No. 5)
AAAF - Fox (No. 6)
AAAG - Samus (No. 7)
AAAH - Wii Fit Trainer (No. 8)
AAAJ - Villager (No. 9)
AAAK - Pikachu (No. 10)
AAAL - Kirby (No. 11)
AAAM - Marth (No. 12)
AAAN - Luigi (No. 15)
AAAP - Diddy Kong (No. 14)
AAAQ - Zelda (No. 13)
AAAR - Little Mac (No. 16)
AAAS - Pit (No. 17)
AAAT - Lucario (No. 21)
AAAU - Captain Falcon (No. 18)
AAAV - Rosalina & Luma (No. 19)
AAAW - Bowser (No. 20)
AAAX - Bowser Jr. (No. 43)
AAAY - Toon Link (No. 22)
AAAZ - Sheik (No. 23)
AABA - Ike (No. 24)
AABB - Dr. Mario (No. 42)
AABC - Wario (No. 32)
AABD - Ganondorf (No. 41)
AABE - Falco (No. 52)
AABF - Zero Suit Samus (No. 40)
AABG - Olimar (No. 44)
AABH - Palutena (No. 38)
AABJ - Dark Pit (No. 39)
AABK - Mii Gunner (No. 50)
AABL - Mii Swordsman (No. 49)
AABM - Mii Brawler (No. 48)
AABN - Charizard (No. 33)
AABP - Greninja (No. 36)
AABQ - Jigglypuff (No. 37)
AABR - Meta Knight (No. 29)
AABS - King Dedede (No. 28)
AABT - Lucina (No. 31)
AABU - Robin (No. 30)
AABV - Shulk (No. 25)
AABW - Ness (No. 34)
AABX - Mr. Game & Watch (No. 45)
AABY - R.O.B. (Famicom Color) (No. 46)
AABZ - Duck Hunt (No. 47)
AACA - Sonic (No. 26)
AACB - Mega Man (No. 27)
AACC - PAC-MAN (No. 35)
AACD - R.O.B. (NES Color) (No. 46)
AACE - Mewtwo (No. 51)
AA3C - (Likely Mii Fighters)
AA3D - R.O.B. (NES Color)/Mr. Game & Watch/Duck Hunt
SUPER MARIO SERIES (AB)
ABAA - Mario
ABAB - Luigi
ABAC - Peach
ABAD - Yoshi
ABAE - Toad
ABAF - Bowser
ABAG - Gold Mario
ABAH - Silver Mario
CHIBI ROBO SERIES (AC)
ACAA - Chibi-Robo
SPLATOON SERIES (AE)
AEAA - Inkling Girl
AEAB - Inkling Boy
AEAC - Inkling Squid
AE3A - Inkling Girl/Boy/Squid
SUPER MARIO MAKER SEIES (AF)
AFAA - Mario (Classic)
AFAB - Mario (Modern)
ANIMAL CROSSING SERIES (AJ)
AJAA - Isabelle
AJAB - K.K.
AJAB - Mabel
AJAD - Tom Nook
AJAE - Digby
AJAF - Lottie
AJAG - Reese
AJAH - Cyrus
YOSHI'S WOOLY WORLD SERIES (YA)
YAAA - Green Yarn Yoshi
YAAB - Pink Yarn Yoshi
YAAC - Blue Yarn Yoshi
YAAD - Mega Yarn Yoshi
ANIMAL CROSSING CARD SERIES (MA)
MA3A - Animal Crossing Cards (Series 1)
Now, the mysterious code is (of course) AA3C which correlates with a 3-Pack of amiibos (most likely Mii Fighters). This is further supported as AA3D is the ROB/Duck Hunt/Mr. Game and Watch pack. Here's the interesting part, codes AA3B and AA3A are missing. After this wave, there's pretty much no characters from the base game that needs to be released as Amiibo (besides Falco).

So to me, this strongly hints at two DLC Amiibo character packs down the line with 3 in total. This could mean that Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy are shipping in one pack while Ryu and two other characters will be as well. This also helps that we'll most likely be getting two more characters next which correlate with the character slots found in the game's code (there was no doubt though that we would).

This could also mean that two more characters is all we're getting (which could help @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's theory) or it could still mean more are coming. This is just something I found interesting on Reddit. Hopefully we'll find out what they are soon enough.

I also want to talk about another theory I have regarding the possible two Amiibo 3-Packs:
If you include Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy in their own pack, it could technically be considered the "Veteran Pack". Now if we would consider Ryu and Shovel Knight (rumored) in their own pack, could it be considered the "Third-Party Character Pack". This could mean that we'll be getting one more third-party newcomer (or veteran *hint* *hint*) as DLC down the line. That's my baseless theory in a nut shell.

If you want to check the direct source of all the codes, here's Nintendo's official CPSIA website.
:4link:: (http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021)
They're also in the Amiibo thread as well.

If you also can't access the PDF of the mysterious amiibo listing, here's a screen cap of it.
upload_2015-9-3_11-4-17.png
Anyways, what do you guys think about all of this?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Do you think Bubsy will come back in the future?
To be honest I would be happy to see him back I always like when a dead franchise come back to life again even if a lot of people hate it, but remember Bubsy has fans too.
I think he's kinda iconic to be from a game series with such bad historic; It's ironic, but it's by what he is constantly remembered.. which can help him to be recognized when brought to life again. ~It's his charm, I guess. =P
and to be fair, even with the weak design, I have some sympathy for the character.. it's like some bad jokes you laugh anyway. XD

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, I have been tracking the Amiibo Reddit lately and found something very interesting.
In this thread right here, people have been keeping up with a mysterious Amiibo listing that people assume is the Mii Fighters. How people assume its them is through a 4-Digit code that each Amiibo have.
From Reddit user /u/the-missy:

Now, the mysterious code is (of course) AA3C which correlates with a 3-Pack of amiibos (most likely Mii Fighters). This is further supported as AA3D is the ROB/Duck Hunt/Mr. Game and Watch pack. Here's the interesting part, codes AA3B and AA3A are missing. After this wave, there's pretty much no characters from the base game that needs to be released as Amiibo (besides Falco).

So to me, this strongly hints at two DLC Amiibo character packs down the line with 3 in total. This could mean that Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy are shipping in one pack while Ryu and two other characters will be as well. This also helps that we'll most likely be getting two more characters next which correlate with the character slots found in the game's code (there was no doubt though that we would).

This could also mean that two more characters is all we're getting (which could help @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's theory) or it could still mean more are coming. This is just something I found interesting on Reddit. Hopefully we'll find out what they are soon enough.

I also want to talk about another theory I have regarding the possible two Amiibo 3-Packs:
If you include Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy in their own pack, it could technically be considered the "Veteran Pack". Now if we would consider Ryu and Shovel Knight (rumored) in their own pack, could it be considered the "Third-Party Character Pack". This could mean that we'll be getting one more third-party newcomer (or veteran *hint* *hint*) as DLC down the line. That's my baseless theory in a nut shell.

If you want to check the direct source of all the codes, here's Nintendo's official CPSIA website.
:4link:: (http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021)
They're also in the Amiibo thread as well.

If you also can't access the PDF of the mysterious amiibo listing, here's a screen cap of it.
Anyways, what do you guys think about all of this?
Tbh I don't think we're just getting two, I think we'll get four. This is due to many reasons.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Tbh I don't think we're just getting two, I think we'll get four. This is due to many reasons.
Well, most of the post is just mainly assumptions sprinkled with very little facts. We really don't know the amount of characters and stages we're getting.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Just caught up.

Daisy not being in SMM, Clayfighter getting a remake... among other things...

What a weird week so far.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, must of this is just mainly assumptions sprinkled with very little facts. We really don't know the amount of characters and stages we're getting.
I've made a lot of predictions about these things, so I'm going to refer to that 4Chan rumor. Honestly I don't usually give into text leaks, but this one definetly caught my eye. First off I just want to say that I don't be live it soley because Bandana Dee is on it, an example of a rumor with him that I didn't be live would be that rumor about Bandana Dee and Ridley's trailers. Second is that it doesn't really have any of that bull**** that most text leaks tend to have such as Ridley not having wings on the ground or Mewtwo having a "generic" voice. I can usually tend to tell when these are fake but something tells me inside that this may be real. Trust me I usually have a good instinct on these things.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just caught up.

Daisy not being in SMM, Clayfighter getting a remake... among other things...

What a weird week so far.
It's gonna get weirder with the new MKX characters being announced. Atleast AA6 isn't as weird

And then there's #HotRyu

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I've made a lot of predictions about these things, so I'm going to refer to that 4Chan rumor. Honestly I don't usually give into text leaks, but this one definetly caught my eye. First off I just want to say that I don't be live it soley because Bandana Dee is on it, an example of a rumor with him that I didn't be live would be that rumor about Bandana Dee and Ridley's trailers. Second is that it doesn't really have any of that bull**** that most text leaks tend to have such as Ridley not having wings on the ground or Mewtwo having a "generic" voice. I can usually tend to tell when these are fake but something tells me inside that this may be real. Trust me I usually have a good instinct on these things.
Yeah... that's happened to me before and I invited a 4chan troll onto Smashboards...
I think that since we haven't had information in a while, we are all buying into these text leaks. Most of these are 99% fake and I can guarantee that one is no exception. They all have the legitimacy of say, Etika writing one. So they're very easy to make.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking for the NX, Instead of being a WiiU or 3DS successor they're gonna hedge their bets on it as a third line, like they did with the virtual boy (which flopped so they could pretend it never happened until they were ready to laugh at themselves) or the original DS (which succeeded and took over the GBA line)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah... that's happened to me before and I invited a 4chan troll onto Smashboards...
I think that since we haven't had information in a while, we are all buying into these text leaks. Most of these are 99% fake and I can guarantee that one is no exception. They all have the legitimacy of say, Etika writing one. So they're very easy to make.
Remember that one leak that was found yesterday about that person who "got" an email from her friend who happend to be a Namco worker and Rayman "won" the ballot. That was so half-assed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm going to be honest here
I don't like Earthworm Jim
I don't even lnow how anyone likes it
I tried playing the SNES version and it felt boring with terrible controls
But that's just my opinion

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm thinking for the NX, Instead of being a WiiU or 3DS successor they're gonna hedge their bets on it as a third line, like they did with the virtual boy (which flopped so they could pretend it never happened until they were ready to laugh at themselves) or the original DS (which succeeded and took over the GBA line)

I'm hoping for a fusion system where it can be used as both a console and handheld. That way, it can secure both audiences at the same time without trying to focus on one side and ignore the other. I just don't want them to rush a release like the rumors over the NX being release in July.

That's what killed the Saturn, by releasing it too early

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom