• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

I'm thinking for the NX, Instead of being a WiiU or 3DS successor they're gonna hedge their bets on it as a third line, like they did with the virtual boy (which flopped so they could pretend it never happened until they were ready to laugh at themselves) or the original DS (which succeeded and took over the GBA line)
This is more or less what they think about the NX. They don't think of it as a replacement for both Wii U and 3DS, but rather, its own thing.
However I still want to see the 3DS' successor.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Mini-Poll Results!

I reveal my master plan.

Bwhahaaha.

I'm tired. And I'm sick of numbers. Hopefully, I didn't mess up anything.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I'm thinking for the NX, Instead of being a WiiU or 3DS successor they're gonna hedge their bets on it as a third line, like they did with the virtual boy (which flopped so they could pretend it never happened until they were ready to laugh at themselves) or the original DS (which succeeded and took over the GBA line)
For some reason, I just don't see that happening (in my opinion). If you look at what Nintendo seems to be trying to achieve, it looks like a unified platform between multiple devices. So I see three things potentially happening (in my opinion):
1.) Nintendo drops all their cards on the map and continuously push all their efforts on the NX brand similar to what Sega did when the Dreamcast came out (Sega dropped the Master System in South America, dropped the Genesis in North America and dropped the Saturn in Japan to focus on just one console).

2.) The Wii U gets a massive firmware update to be compatible with an OS designed for the NX.

3.) Nintendo support all platforms (NX consoles, 3DS and Wii U).
Out of three, I think #1 is more likely in my opinion. The reason is because I don't think Nintendo is keen on supported all these platforms at once. I'm not saying they're going to drop the Wii U. I'm just saying they might have to recover their brand and focus on the NX Platform as much as possible (if it turns out the NX is just not a console). It basically means I think Nintendo is going to start fresh with the NX and have a clean slate.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I just done get why Mewtwo's coding is in a pack if he isn't in one.

And I hope it's not indicative of the final number.

So remember hiw i was pulling an all nighter?

Apparently the due date was changed to tuesday. Naturally I am NOT a happy lawyer. Now im tired, angry, and in chem my least favorite subject.

First world problems aye?

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
So, I have been tracking the Amiibo Reddit lately and found something very interesting.
In this thread right here, people have been keeping up with a mysterious Amiibo listing that people assume is the Mii Fighters. How people assume its them is through a 4-Digit code that each Amiibo have.
From Reddit user /u/the-missy:

Now, the mysterious code is (of course) AA3C which correlates with a 3-Pack of amiibos (most likely Mii Fighters). This is further supported as AA3D is the ROB/Duck Hunt/Mr. Game and Watch pack. Here's the interesting part, codes AA3B and AA3A are missing. After this wave, there's pretty much no characters from the base game that needs to be released as Amiibo (besides Falco).

So to me, this strongly hints at two DLC Amiibo character packs down the line with 3 in total. This could mean that Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy are shipping in one pack while Ryu and two other characters will be as well. This also helps that we'll most likely be getting two more characters next which correlate with the character slots found in the game's code (there was no doubt though that we would).

This could also mean that two more characters is all we're getting (which could help @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's theory) or it could still mean more are coming. This is just something I found interesting on Reddit. Hopefully we'll find out what they are soon enough.

I also want to talk about another theory I have regarding the possible two Amiibo 3-Packs:
If you include Mewtwo, Lucas and Roy in their own pack, it could technically be considered the "Veteran Pack". Now if we would consider Ryu and Shovel Knight (rumored) in their own pack, could it be considered the "Third-Party Character Pack". This could mean that we'll be getting one more third-party newcomer (or veteran *hint* *hint*) as DLC down the line. That's my baseless theory in a nut shell.

If you want to check the direct source of all the codes, here's Nintendo's official CPSIA website.
:4link:: (http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11021)
They're also in the Amiibo thread as well.

If you also can't access the PDF of the mysterious amiibo listing, here's a screen cap of it.
Anyways, what do you guys think about all of this?
Two characters left was kind of hinted with the five MARIO slots... so lI kind of agree with this theory implying two characters left.
However, I doubt we are getting only third parties as DLC. Come on, at leats one Nintendo newcomer...

Chrono.

So remember hiw i was pulling an all nighter?

Apparently the due date was changed to tuesday. Naturally I am NOT a happy lawyer. Now im tired, angry, and in chem my least favorite subject.

First world problems aye?
I like how your sig just lines up perfectly with what you're saying.

Weegee Da Meme

Banned via Warnings
The N64 itself was a great console (outside of its awkward as hell controller), but with such a mediocre library, it's hard to truly like it.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Be honest here.
How would you feel if Sakurai had flat out said Smash DLC was done post Royu.
And for this matter how do you think they will reveal the new DLC. Seeing how most have the belief that directs are done.
I'd feel pretty disappointed. Especially at the lack of Rayman/Wolf/etc.

And I think this would be a good time to bring back the Robin/Lucina type reveal.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
The N64 itself was a great console (outside of its awkward as hell controller), but with such a mediocre library, it's hard to truly like it.
I think the library was fantastic personally. It's small, sure, but what little it had were pretty high quality. Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Snap, Pokemon Stadium series, Banjo & Kazooie, Smash Bros 64, etc etc

I had so much fun with the system.

http://nintendoeverything.com/the-g...ssage-from-shu-takumi-teases-possible-sequel/

Looks like DGS might be a trilogy as well.

And with that I say, **** you Capcom of America.
Shu has mentioned wanting to make a new series out of DGS since the beginning for the record.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
More hints at only two ballot characters? There's gonna ba lot of fuss over these next few months.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Be honest here.
And for this matter how do you think they will reveal the new DLC. Seeing how most have the belief that directs are done.
Then I probably wouldn't care. We already have over fifty characters, I think that's more than enough.

Soul.

I could honestly care less if there was no DLC after Roy and Ryu.
Give me balance patches, though, and I'll feel the hype.

Chrono.

Be honest here.
I wouldn't mind but eh it sure feels like a bit of a downer way to the end the DLC waves.

Also I'm certain they'll just use Twitter for future reveals.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
This poll was not shared with isaac thread?
I couldn't find it. If someone is aware of it please PM me and I'll update the data. I added a note in the article now.

D

Deleted member

If you wanted peaceful resolution you would of sought it but you didn't, you just poked and proded back, and to try and call out that you want "conflict resolution" after the fact is hypocritical.
First of all, I didn't say I "wanted conflict resolution". All I said was that as a mod/admin, attempting to have the conflict resolved is a better system than "Shut up or I'll use my authority to punish you and anyone else who even mentions this conflict existed" as it has a more long term effect, which Swamp can attest to and I have experienced first-hand.

Second of all, "poked and prodded back"? Really? The only time I was even part of the "argument" was when I was essentially roped into it with an accusation that I started it of all things. My response to it was less of a "I didn't start it, you did!" like you seem think it was and more of a "There isn't even an actual argument; you're just becoming increasingly hostile simply because I didn't find your joke to be funny." At most, I could be considered trolling due to my attempt at humor through what he is labeling an "argument".

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Be honest here.
Given how much Nintendo has invested in PR with Smash, I don't think they would allow it.

D

Deleted member

Mini-Poll Results!

I reveal my master plan.

Bwhahaaha.

I'm tired. And I'm sick of numbers. Hopefully, I didn't mess up anything.
The stats combine the different "variations" of naming the characters right? Like combining the votes for "King K. Rool" with "K. Rool" "k rool", "Kaptain K. Rool" (my vote), etc.?

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Wait did Nintendo really forgot that Popo and Nana exist? or they didnt add them just because they werent in SSB4? or are Nintendo planning to put them in this game after they get confirmed as Smash DLC? heuheuheu...
The game can always be updated, and I'm pretty sure they plan to.

Or they are saving them for the eventual release of the Ice Climbers amiibo.

D

Deleted member

Be honest here.
I would believe Sakurai is legitimately lying at that point.
It's implied we're getting at least two more characters based on the number of placeholder Marios after Mewtwo in the data. Lucas, Roy, and Ryu account for 3 of them. 2 remain unless this changed after Royucas and they disappeared or more were added.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Burb X Genoboost

Geno: (Says something burb disagrees with)
Burb: No, that's completely incorrect.
Geno: Stop correcting me! *Whispers* Oh yeah baby I like it when you correct me

*They go back to Burb's place for some "Smash"*

I might get in trouble for this one, but I think it's worth it.

- I'm not making fun of either person-
Woah! that would hurt Con0rrr feelings :troll:

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Can we go back to the Amiibo thing?

I know the Miis have the trio thing but do the retro pack?

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Can we go back to the Amiibo thing?

I know the Miis have the trio thing but do the retro pack?
Yes. It's in the US. Gamestop exclusive. Comes out 9/25. I'm not counting the days or anything...b-baka

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there were only two characters left for DLC as ever since @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's article on the matter, I felt that the remaining two slots could be more indicative of what we were getting then what we thought. Sakurai has always said there would be a limit to what his team could work on, the group is much smaller then before and they likely do have limited resources to what they have to work on, so those 6 slots could've been his planned out number for how many he believed he could do in that time with both of those in mind. Also, even with the alternate theories that we've had, most of them have weakened over time as we've gotten no word on characters since Roy and Ryu (Shovel Knight is rumored, and even then he's stated to be a ballot character) and those two slots that are left are still unfilled, making it more likely that they're for the ballot rather then before it. So if those slots are being saved for the ballot, then what necessarily says that we're going to get more then that?

The fact that the Amiibo theory could hint at us just getting two more adds even more to that fire. It lines up with what we've found data-wise (the slots) and would fit in from a design perspective in terms of the roster and the like, so two is starting to be a rather consistent number and that could be more indicative then what we originally thought. I may be wrong in that assessment and personally I'd greatly prefer more over less, but I don't think we should ignore the possibility that maybe what we're seeing in terms of those slots are what we're getting.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I've been preparing for 2 new DLC characters for a while now. 6 DLC characters all in all sounds fine to me.

Chrono.

6 Characters is around the usual amount fighting games get for DLC.

Not counting the huge updates like the ones SFIV has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom