• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
pirate ship is back! yes!!! and no shovel knight! too bad wolf didn't make it though...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I feel like one of the only ones in this thread that appreciates Shovel Knight for what he really is
Does anyone else think that four is a balanced amount?
Four is the maximum I expect tbh(since that would bring us to 8 DLC characters)
I can't see us getting only one, so 2 is the minimum

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm not looking forward to the salt. I think the English community took the ballot far too seriously. We had tons of polls, and I've even done research on what was being requested in Japan. I don't think Japanese users do that.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Pirate Ship back is hype!

Anyways, for some reason I'm thinking the ballot will be handled similar to the poll for which DLC character to add in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
The most voted characters (Ryo Hazuki, Hatsune Miku, Segata Sanshiro, Vectorman, Bayonetta, Ristar and ToeJam & Earl) were suggested to the main developers. In the end only Ryo was approved for development. No new character was chosen; instead a veteran returned

What I'm trying to say is that Wolf still has a chance. Sure, I'd prefer if we get new characters from the ballot, but the ballot also shows just how many people care for their beloved characters to return

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Since most characters I want are highly unlikely, I'll just sit back, enjoy the salt and eat some popcorn.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Let me just say though, that after the DLC is said and done, and we never got a first-party DLC newcomer...

...Lots of people are gonna be upset.
I would definitely be baffled by that. Especially since this is a Nintendo-centric game, having no newcomer from the theme of the game would be just wrong.

Chrono.

Pirate Ship back is hype!

Anyways, for some reason I'm thinking the ballot will be handled similar to the poll for which DLC character to add in Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
The most voted characters (Ryo Hazuki, Hatsune Miku, Segata Sanshiro, Vectorman, Bayonetta, Ristar and ToeJam & Earl) were suggested to the main developers. In the end only Ryo was approved for development. No new character was chosen; instead a veteran returned

What I'm trying to say is that Wolf still has a chance. Sure, I'd prefer if we get new characters from the ballot, but the ballot also shows just how many people care for their beloved characters to return
That was pretty dumb anyway.

Especially how he was only on PC, I mean, for what reason?

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Let me just say though, that after the DLC is said and done, and we never got a first-party DLC newcomer...

Especially if the least newcomer is a third party indie character that a lot of the mainstream hasn't heard of, as well as an entire region.

Does anyone else think that four is a balanced amount?
Balanced by what means? The CSS was redesigned to fit only two more characters. Sure they can redesign it again but that goes to question; why would they design it in the first place with two more characters in mind, if they didn't already have the planned amount left? Same goes for the two Marios remaining. Also keep in mind NEVER has Nintendo said anywhere about the ballot would result in more than one character. Its always been singular. That would tie into the assumption that one of the remaining characters is indeed Wolf for preballot and cross promotion for SF0.....meaining only one ballot winner DLC.

Good news though, the data will surely be used for Smash 5.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I feel like one of the only ones in this thread that appreciates Shovel Knight for what he really is

Four is the maximum I expect tbh(since that would bring us to 8 DLC characters)
I can't see us getting only one, so 2 is the minimum
I think they will be,

One Veteran
Two Newcomers
One Third-party Character

These will be...

Wolf
Waddle Dee (Bandana Dee)
Dixie Kong
Shovel Knight or Professor Layton

And those are my predictions.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I still think 2-3 is the msot likely ammount of characters left to be announced.

4 for me is mind blowing, idk why so much safely think 4 is predicted because I am afraid to go there.

And I still think wolf`s chnaces are meh......

Btw, pirate ship was a neat surprise for my birthday, I'm now an adult in Canada :)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Today was great waking up.
*Wakes up*
*Goes to turn on SSB3DS to find Mario Maker on For Fun*
"You unlocked the Stage 'Duck Hunt'!"
"You unlocked the 'Duck Hunt Medley' CD!"
"You unlocked the 'Wrecking Crew Medley' CD!"
*Goes to see Smash Website if there's more Mii Costumes because lord knows there always is*
*Toad Mii stares me in the face*
"WHAT THE **** IS THAT ABOMINATION"
So I'm gonna be getting the Mario Maker Stage once I get home!
STILL GOT ALL THE DLC B O Y Z
But my SD Card has only 1000 Blocks left and I had to remove literally everything except Colors!3D and Smash from my SD Card
So one more inevitable Smash Update will be the death of me
I'm scurred guys

D

Deleted member

Since most characters I want are highly unlikely, I'll just sit back, enjoy the salt and eat some popcorn.
Oh, looks like we share the same boat, mind if I eat some of that? :p
I think they will be,

One Veteran
Two Newcomers

These will be...

Wolf
Waddle Dee (Bandana Dee)
Dixie Kong

I think it will be
4 newcomers, may or may not be third party

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

And I'll be one of them unfortunately. We can't get an original first party fighter but a few third party ones? Damn right I'm gonna be upset.

I'm not looking forward to the salt. I think the English community took the ballot far too seriously. We had tons of polls, and I've even done research on what was being requested in Japan. I don't think Japanese users do that.
We take Smash more seriously than Japan ever will (especially regarding competitive play).

It's just something we can't control because how rabid this fanbase is with characters.

Smash Ballot was a mistake
DLC was a mistake
Third Party fighters were a mistake
Smash games post-Melee were a mistake

Screw it, Super Smash Bros. itself was a mistake and it's gotten out of hand. :ohwell:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
I think we're all just crazy people.

I've already resigned myself to that, it's fine.

I think we'll get a first party newcomer, but people are gonna be upset either way. A lot of people in every corner of Smash discussion seem convinced that their character is not only the best, but the most deserving.

I don't even care who we get anymore. I have my wishlist but this feels like it's been drawn out for too long.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
*Wakes up*
*Goes to see Smash Website if there's more Mii Costumes because lord knows there always is*
But my SD Card has only 1000 Blocks left and I had to remove literally everything except Colors!3D and Smash from my SD Card
I'm scurred guys
Would it be out of the question to buy another SD card?

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
That was pretty dumb anyway.

Especially how he was only on PC, I mean, for what reason?
Yeah, I know. At least I understand why Miku and Segata weren't chosen due to licence issues, but at least as long as it's 1st-party characters, hopefully Nintendo won't bring silly arguments as to why certain character wasn't chosen if they decide to show which ones are leading the ballot

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
What if Sakurai says "two of the four ballot picks are Mii costumes"? He probably won't say this but it's possible he'll do this to make the DLC picks less predictable.
Who would your four picks be?

Naoshi

I think they will be,

One Veteran
Two Newcomers

These will be...

Wolf
Waddle Dee (Bandana Dee)
Dixie Kong

I really don't think Bandana Dee would be among the only 2 newcomers from Nintendo to be honest. He doesn't exactly scream a high priority character at all. I think he has some sort of chance as a fighter in general for Smash, but in this kind of circumstance? Not really.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I really don't think Bandana Dee would be among the only 2 newcomers from Nintendo to be honest. He doesn't exactly scream a high priority character at all. I think he has some sort of chance as a fighter in general for Smash, but in this kind of circumstance? Not really.
These are in case we get four. And still, anything is possible. Although these give are the ones I think may have the best shot.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Smash games post-Dragon King were a mistake
Fixed.
EVERYTHING is a mistake. :luigi64:
Would it be out of the question to buy another SD card?
Slightly, yes.
SD Cards where I live cost a buttload more than usual (2GB is about 30 bucks, I kid you not)
Plus I got no idea how to push Smash from the 2GB to the bigger one if I get it
So it's kinda a pickle I'm in. :ness64:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
But you said 2 newcomers from Nintendo. I was excusing third parties and veterans aside.
You may not be aware of his fanbase and popularity, not to mention his move set potential and the fact he is from a Sakurai oriented series.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
What if Sakurai says "two of the four ballot picks are Mii costumes"? He probably won't say this but it's possible he'll do this to make the DLC picks less predictable.
Who would your four picks be?
Oh undoubtedly then I'd pick Wolf, K. Rool, Inkling, and...someone else.

Snake if they sorted out licenses, Chibi-Robo if not. :p

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
*Wakes up*
I'm scurred guys
Preety sure the updates overwrite the previous updates instead of creating a separate file for every update. I mean, I was at 3594 free blocks before 1.1.1 and I'm at 3594 blocks with 1.1.1.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You may not be aware of his fanbase and popularity, not to mention his move set potential and the fact he is from a Sakurai oriented series.
The first three points apply far better to Nintendo characters that aren't Bandanna Dee.

Like KKR, Dixie, Inklings and the lot.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Preety sure the updates overwrite the previous updates instead of creating a separate file for every update. I mean, I was at 3594 free blocks before 1.1.1 and I'm at 3594 blocks with 1.1.1.
Well my SD Card has been getting smaller and smaller in the space-department with every update, so I'll have to check. :drshrug:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The first three points apply far better to Nintendo characters that aren't Bandanna Dee.

Like KKR, Dixie, Inklings and the like.
The Inklings are a bit new, why not give the chance to characters that have been around for much longer?

Naoshi

You may not be aware of his canvass and popularity, not to mention his move set potential and the fact He is from a Sakurai series.
...I never understood the moveset potential argument. Just about every popular character has moveset potential. I don't see how that sets him apart from everyone else.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The Inklings are a bit new, why not give the chance to characters that have been around for much longer?
Lots of people really don't care that the Inklings are new, so that really doesn't work. Hell, lots of characters being supported are new anyway.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The Death Battle was one of those joke fights like Koopa Troopa vs Goomba and Starscream getting his ass kicked by a pony.

It was fine but man I don't know about this Yang chick and who's she's gonna fight. I never even heard of RWBY

I still want Dante vs Bayonetta, Sora vs Shulk, Megaman vs Astro Boy and Hulk vs hopefully someone so people can know how broken the Incredible Hulk is

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
...I never understood the moveset potential argument. Just about every popular character has moveset potential. I don't see what that sets him apart from everyone else.
What sets Bandana Dee apart from other characters is that he's a spear user, a type of fighter that Smash doesn't have yet and could make for some interesting long distance combat, he could also potentially use other tools, like a sled, a parasol, or even a dandelion, and more. Really the sky is the limit for a fun and unique new addition.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Wait... if K. Rool or Dixie got in would they count as a first party newcomer or as a beleted second party? What does the game count Diddy as?

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Well my SD Card has been getting smaller and smaller in the space-department with every update, so I'll have to check. :drshrug:
That happens. The SD Card of my old 3DS also got smaller with each update, then I formatted it and suddenly I had a lot of empty space again.

Chrono.

What sets Bandana Dee apart from other characters is that he's a spear user, a type of fighter that Smash doesn't have yet and could make for some interesting long distance combat,
People say this about Krystal and yet she still isnt in.

Everyone has a potential unique moveset, it's not really much of an argument.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I think they will be,

One Veteran
Two Newcomers