• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at my sig
>viridi
mii costume
>inkiling
mii costume
>toad
mii costume
>chrom
mii costume
>Phoenix Wright and Wonder Red
aren't looking terribly impossible for mii costumes.

I may like no-hopers but I sure am getting a lot of them :/ Also Viridi and Chrom are both the only mii fighter class I don't totally hate. Meaning I will totally play them unlike toad and inklings. It's just a matter of choosing who to play.
Wait... if K. Rool or Dixie got in would they count as a first party newcomer or as a beleted second party? What does the game count Diddy as?
1st. Nintendo owns everything DK related.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
What sets Bandana Dee apart from other characters is that he's a spear user, a type of fighter that Smash doesn't have yet and could make for some interesting long distance combat, he could also potentially use other tools, like a sled, a parasol, or even a dandelion, and more. Really the sky is the limit for a fun and unique new addition.
What I'm getting at is that you can apply the same argument to other characters like Shovel Knight, Layton, Chorus Kids, etc.

In other words, Bandana Dee has good moveset potential, sure, but that doesn't make him more likely than other popular choices because they also have something like that going for them too.

In other words, he has competition. He isn't that much of a stand out.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Lots of people really don't care that the Inklings are new, so that really doesn't work. Hell, lots of characters being supported are new anyway.
No, I mean give the chance for other characters that have been around for longer to have a shot first, the Inklings would work for the sequel however.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
2 newcomers, possibly both 3rd parties as Nintendo and Sakurai kept stressing "vote for a video game character! anyone you want!" If we get a Nintendo character, I'm hoping for Inkling. Shovel Knight because of the rumor. Layton has a shot as his rumor hasnt been 100% shot down yet. If regional DLC is a thing, then I could see three, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lumped the West together(Europe and America) and gave Japan the other rep.

I'm hoping for more (3 or 4 would be great)...but IDK my hope has been seriously deflated with the lack of characters in the update (still a great update though.)

I'm probably overthinking this.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What sets Bandana Dee apart from other characters is that he's a spear user, a type of fighter that Smash doesn't have yet and could make for some interesting long distance combat, he could also potentially use other tools, like a sled, a parasol, or even a dandelion, and more. Really the sky is the limit for a fun and unique new addition.
A spear is not that mechanically different from Marth's tipper to be honest.
Stronger at the tip..
But that's just me.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
You may not be aware of his fanbase and popularity, not to mention his move set potential and the fact he is from a Sakurai oriented series.
Same goes for Isaac and K Rool, with even larger fanbases......and even they are looking very unlikely. You can always hope for Dee, but I wouldn't start betting he'll make it in.

Chrono.

2 newcomers, possibly both 3rd parties as Nintendo and Sakurai kept stressing "vote for a video game character! anyone you want!" If we get a Nintendo character, I'm hoping for Inkling. Shovel Knight because of the rumor. Layton has a shot as his rumor hasnt been 100% shot down yet. If regional DLC is a thing, then I could see three, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lumped the West together(Europe and America) and gave Japan the other rep.

I'm hoping for more (3 or 4 would be great)...but IDK my hope has been seriously deflated with the lack of characters in the update (still a great update though.)

I think they're just spacing them out since we had a whopping 3 characters last time.

I feel we're seeing a new character in November but that's just me.

Naoshi

I don't have an issue with you wanting BDee to get in or anything. I just feel you are inflating his importance, popularity and his uniqueness just a bit too much.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Probably. Maybe we need to look at this simpler than before since there's not a lot of concrete info we can go on. All we have are poll results, rumors (which is radically different from leaks) and predictions to go on.

All we know is that there's a fighter coming but he issue is that we don't know who and we should just well.....wait and see.

Do that then going super deeply into things. Just wait it out much easier than over analyzing things to find out the possible fighters when almost anyone has a shot for a roster spot.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
No, I mean give the chance for other characters that have been around for longer to have a shot first, the Inklings would work for the sequel however.
Characters that have been around for longer are indeed getting a shot as much as new characters. Our first actual DLC newcomer is almost 3 decades old.

The issue is that youre grossly overstating his importance as a potential newcomer.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't have an issue with you wanting BDee to get in or anything. I just feel you are inflating his importance a bit.
Not at all, however it may not be realized by some, but he actually is very requested. In Japan he's one of the top characters, and while his support isn't as strong in the West, it still is better than a lot of other characters.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I don't feel bandana dee would be very enjoyable, I just feel he would be like link and fire emblem characters type of fighter, he doesn't look a new type of fighter that we have never seen before, using spear just feels like using sword/arrow.
Gooey and Doroach looks more interesting to me.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm greatly satisfied with the DLC so far, but I just have one last desire: Wolf.

I've crossed Mewtwo and Lucas out of my DLC wishlist a long ago. I can hope for my sole wish remaining.

Wolf was my only vote for the ballot too. It was great to have Mewtwo and Lucas confirmed by the time it opened.

Again, I think the whole thing with the ballot and the way character distribution was handled raised a lot of expectations. Should only 2 characters be added, the fanbase will explode.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
2 newcomers, possibly both 3rd parties as Nintendo and Sakurai kept stressing "vote for a video game character! anyone you want!"
I was thinking the same thing. They probably wouldn't have done the ballot at all if they weren't interested in pursuing 3rd party characters, so I'm expecting at least one.
If we get a Nintendo character, I'm hoping for Inkling. Shovel Knight because of the rumor. Layton has a shot as his rumor hasnt been 100% shot down yet.
I still don't know about the SK rumor but I guess you've heard more than the rest of us about the source. Layton would be cool- that rumor is definitely still open. Was he polling well on the ballot? Does that even matter?
If regional DLC is a thing, then I could see three, but I wouldn't be surprised if they lumped the West together(Europe and America) and gave Japan the other rep.

Regional DLC is the only way I could see somebody like SK happening. Seems like a fan theory, but it's definitely not off the table. I guess it's worth remembering that Japan, Europe and North America all have their own ballot pages.
I don't have an issue with you wanting BDee to get in or anything. I just feel you are inflating his importance, popularity and his uniqueness just a bit too much.
Literally every fanbase is doing this, so it's not worth singling them out.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Don't be! I don't mean to make you out as the bad guy or anything. I'm sorry if I've made you feel bad.
I've been trying my best to defend Bandana Dee, but it seems like everyone's been ignoring what I've been saying, I respect all of your thoughts but please, don't bring opinions into arguements when the facts are clearly stated (especially you Liquid). But besides that it's okay, no hard feelings.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
I was thinking the same thing. They probably wouldn't have done the ballot at all if they weren't interested in pursuing 3rd party characters, so I'm expecting at least one. I still don't know about the SK rumor but I guess you've heard more than the rest of us about the source. Layton would be cool- that rumor is definitely still open. Was he polling well on the ballot? Does that even matter?
Regional DLC is the only way I could see somebody like SK happening. Seems like a fan theory, but it's definitely not off the table. I guess it's worth remembering that Japan, Europe and North America all have their own ballot pages.
Literally every fanbase is doing this, so it's not worth singling them out.
If SK does get in as the only ballot winner, alongside the obviously preselected Wolf, there will be a lot of disappointment worldwide.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
DLC is hype. All I have to say.

Anyway, I feel like Nintendo choosing 3rd parties in the ballot is something I feel like just might happen. Which one they could be is the better question. Snake, Shovel Knight, Layton Rayman, Sonic characters, Namco characters, I feel like this ballot was a way for people to vote characters that might've never had a chance in the first place. Base game anyway. Well, that's my crazy theory anyway.

Chrono.

DLC is hype. All I have to say.

Anyway, I feel like Nintendo choosing 3rd parties in the ballot is something I feel like just might happen. Which one they could be is the better question. Snake, Shovel Knight, Layton Rayman, Sonic characters, Namco characters, I feel like this ballot was a way for people to vote characters that might've never had a chance in the first place. Base game anyway. Well, that's my crazy theory anyway.
This theory would make sense but I feel there'd have to be at least 4 ballot characters if this were the case.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I've been trying my best to defend Bandana Dee, but it seems like everyone's been ignoring what I've been saying, I respect all of your thoughts but please, don't bring opinions into arguements when the facts are clearly stated (especially you Liquid). But besides that it's okay, no hard feelings.
How can I bee ignoring what you're saying when I specifically respond to something you said?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The third parties are where things will get interesting. Bigger ones will bring in more downloads but have a lot of negotiations attached to them (not to mention in Snake's case, helping Konami get over their sudden crippling fear of success and money) whereas smaller characters like Shovel Knight and Shantae won't attract that many sales but the developers will probably be much easier to negotiate with (maybe even to the point of shut up and take our character if they're not careful).

I'm sure there's even more factors to it I haven't considered yet but it's worth thinking about.

Last edited:
. . . the only thing you said that is a fact is we don't have a spear user. Everything else is just as subjective as what liquid and naoshi said.

Don't call out users when you yourself are guilty. (edgeworth gif goes here)

We have duck hunt on 3ds. can we get Yoshi's island (brawl) on wii u plz and ty.
Also lucina and marth got nerfed. . . why? they weren't even remotely op. not even close. :/

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
How can I bee ignoring what you're saying when I specifically respond to something you said?
Okay that is correct. Sorry.
. . . the only thing you said that is a fact is we don't have a spear user. Everything else is just as subjective as what liquid and naoshi said.

Don't call out users when you yourself are guilty. (edgeworth gif goes here)

We have duck hunt on 3ds. can we get Yoshi's island (brawl) on wii u plz and ty.
Also lucina and marth got nerfed. . . why? they weren't even remotely op. not even close. :/
I didn't though, I actually did say things that were factual, please stop.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I remember when Brawl came out and most people complained about Wolf being in. Now most people want him back.
Remember when people kept saying Mr. Game and Watch was getting cut between Melee and Brawl? And then when he was in the Pac-Man trailer people CHEERED for him. Brings a tear to my eye :')

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I was thinking the same thing. They probably wouldn't have done the ballot at all if they weren't interested in pursuing 3rd party characters, so I'm expecting at least one. I still don't know about the SK rumor but I guess you've heard more than the rest of us about the source. Layton would be cool- that rumor is definitely still open. Was he polling well on the ballot? Does that even matter?
Me and a few other Layton supporters have been speculating that perhaps Level-5 may have had a hand in Layton's inclusion (Assuming he really is in). They have shown a lot of interest to see him in the Super Smash Bros series after all. But that's just speculation on our part....

Layton's doing pretty well in a number of poll's I've seen and there seems to a bit of desire to see a Level-5 character too in Japan. Take that as you will I guess.

Anyway, I can't even begin to describe how happy I was when I saw that Pirate Ship has been brought back (to the Wii U version at least) I always adored that stage and found it to be quite a shame it didn't return to Smash 4. Thank you so much Sakurai! ^^

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I can see Bdee getting in because he won't be that hard to make (like Jigglypuff) and he'll be easy money in the end. That's assuming there's at least 4 DLC picks, though.

Naoshi

Lucina/Marth's only nerf is the shield breaker due to the changes with the shields (shielding is somewhat nerfed now). If anything, they are just adjusted for the new change.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Yet you bring opinions in here by saying he is unique, important and popular. All of these are subjective. Ive seen collection of western polls were Waddle Dee didn't even make it in the top 15, and while he may have some popularity in Japan, there are still other first party characters that have even larger support, like K Rool and Wolf. So being popular is just an opinion.

Marth uses the tip of his sword, its very similar to how the sweet spot of a spear would work. You can say most characters are unique, and at the same time, you can quickly show they aren't. Again this is an opinion.

Lastly, his importance is where you get into hugeeeeeeee opinion territory. For example. Dixie starred in her own game. K Rool was the lead antagonist for 7 games. Isaac was the star. Rayman was the star........etc. So many popular characters had starring roles, thus were important to their respective series. Waddle Dee was a generic enemy for the longest time, and only recently got promoted to the P4 option in RtDL and P2 in RC. I'd argue hes not that important at all, but hey opinions =/= facts.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Lmao ZeRo deleted his tweet after everyone started making their own versions of it.

Stay classy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Wolf isn't revealed as a DLC character, it's because the "Wolf is a shoo-in" mentality killed his chances. Mark my words.

If this happens, I'll be pissed, but damn if it isn't going to be poetic.

In regards to third-party characters, I hope we don't get too many without having a significant majority of Nintendo characters.

Lucina/Marth's only nerf is the shield breaker due to the changes with the shields (shielding is somewhat nerfed now). If anything, they are just adjusted for the new change.
So, shields aren't as effective before?

Well, it was a somewhat common complaint, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom