• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I voted for Roy over Wolf at the beginning of the ballot since I thought Wolf was a guarantee and Roy was a long shot.

Sad times.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I voted Karate Joe because I wanted to go for a newcomer. And since I don't want to cheat on the poll, I only had to make one choice. If I could make multiple, I would vote for Wolf

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lmao ZeRo deleted his tweet after everyone started making their own versions of it.

Stay classy.
What kinds of versions are we talking about?

I voted for Roy over Wolf at the beginning of the ballot since I thought Wolf was a guarantee and Roy was a long shot.

Sad times.
What massive irony.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
He's actually really popular...sadly.
See the comments? Someone is getting trampled for calling him out.
It's sad.
He's a great Smash player (hard to argue he's not the best Smash 4 player, honestly), but a terrible people-person. I wouldn't doubt that he has fans, especially vocal ones... but man, he doesn't need to be this full of himself. At the end of the day, it's still just a game.

Lmao ZeRo deleted his tweet after everyone started making their own versions of it.

Stay classy.
Yeah, I saw that too. What a punk.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Second-party is just a fan term to describe characters that are owned by Nintendo and an independent identity.

Pokémon is an example: Game Freak isn't owned by Nintendo.

Kirby, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are first-party, though: HAL, IntSys and Monolith are owned by Nintendo.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I feel like one of the only ones in this thread that appreciates Shovel Knight for what he really is
*AHEM.*
<----------!!!!!!!!

So, here's what I don't get... We seem to be expecting the ballot character to be downloadable as soon as the ballot ends, right? Or am I reading you guys wrong? At best, we'd only have an announcement on who it is - it's going to take time to develop after the ballot closes.

Unless, of course, the ballot timeframe was a ruse, and they've actually closed votes and chose a character months ago - and Nintendo does sneaky stuff like this all the time, so that wouldn't come as a surprise.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Some people are claiming that additional character/ stage slots were added to the 3DS version, Right now they are unverified.

@shinyquagsire23 is going to investigate after school, so stay tuned to his Twitter/ possibly reddit for updates.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
*AHEM.*
<----------!!!!!!!!

So, here's what I don't get... We seem to be expecting the ballot character to be downloadable as soon as the ballot ends, right? Or am I reading you guys wrong? At best, we'd only have an announcement on who it is - it's going to take time to develop after the ballot closes.

Unless, of course, the ballot timeframe was a ruse, and they've actually closed votes and chose a character months ago - and Nintendo does sneaky stuff like this all the time, so that wouldn't come as a surprise.
I firmly believe that at least one ballot character is already underway. They have no reason to wait when they've got so much data already.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm not sure if anyone mentionned it before, but I noticed something about the new stages; they BOTH use songs that were already used in other Smash 4 stages...

Anyone else realize what it means? IT MEANS THAT SONGS DON'T DECONFIRM STAGES ANYMORE!!!!!! :awesome:

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Finally downloaded the DLC, Monster Hunter and pirate ship HYPE

Naoshi

I'm not sure if anyone mentionned it before, but I noticed something about the new stages; they BOTH use songs that were already used in other Smash 4 stages...

Anyone else realize what it means? IT MEANS THAT SONGS DON'T DECONFIRM STAGES ANYMORE!!!!!! :awesome:
I mentioned it a few hours ago but I was already beaten to the punch. I think many realized as soon as they saw Pirate Ship since that stage was thought to be somewhat dead due to the music theory.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Second-party is just a fan term to describe characters that are owned by Nintendo and an independent identity.

Pokémon is an example: Game Freak isn't owned by Nintendo.

Kirby, Fire Emblem and Xenoblade are first-party, though: HAL, IntSys and Monolith are owned by Nintendo.
Right and the Pokemon are the only playable characters in Smash that fit the description. I wonder if we'll get characters like that outside of Pokemon, or at least Mii costumes.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Disregard this. I just forgot something for a moment.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

:079::079::079:
I wonder how many people are going to come to this conclusion.
Some people are claiming that additional character/ stage slots were added to the 3DS version, Right now they are unverified.

@shinyquagsire23 is going to investigate after school, so stay tuned to his Twitter/ possibly reddit for updates.

I don't think it's true, people are just overhyping.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
You know, Capcom has gotten a lot of Mii costumes... Ace Attorney next pls.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Wait, 3DS has more placeholders? I hope it's true, though it could be a baseless rumor.

If it's true, that would make another theory go straight to the bin.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Wait, 3DS has more placeholders? I hope it's true, though it could be a baseless rumor.

Someone is claiming it in the DLC thread, but I have no idea who they are so I dont trust them yet. I also asked TCRF to investigate it too.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

Honestly I think deciding how many characters there are left based on placeholder Marios is pointless.
So...it wouldn't change anything for me...
You know, Capcom has gotten a lot of Mii costumes... Ace Attorney next pls.
Resident Evil tho
Although I shouldn't complain considering the Business suit is PERFECT for my Wesker Mii.

Naoshi

By the way, I think the small balance patch is just so they'll see how the changes to the shield holds up before they start doing a regular balance patch.

The only other changes AFAIK are custom related (which is prob to catch up as they rarely change) and readjustments to moves in regards to the shield mechanic change.

what did zero say again?
Basically, "if you've never win a tournament then you don't know what you're talking about."

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Honestly I think deciding how many characters there are left based on placeholder Marios is pointless.
So...it wouldn't change anything for me...

Resident Evil tho
Although I shouldn't complain considering the Business suit is PERFECT for my Wesker Mii.
Welp, looks like I'm making a Wesker mii.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Seriously, guys, try and stay calm until we have a more reliable source.

This rumor is currently at the same level of credibility as a run-of-the-mill "My dad works at Nintendo" leak.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I am fully convinced at this point that ZeRo is a heel. It's just gotten comical at this point.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Seriously, guys, try and stay calm until we have a more reliable source.

This rumor is currently at the same level of credibility as a run-of-the-mill "My dad works at Nintendo" leak.
Exactly. It's just like any other 4chan text post. It's someone claiming something without any proof.

Read An Intro to "Leak Busting" while waiting for a reliable source.

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I firmly believe that at least one ballot character is already underway. They have no reason to wait when they've got so much data already.
It would make sense - for something like this, the activity was heavily front-loaded, so they had a boatload of data well within the first week of ballot-access.

Anyway, I see a lot of people mentioning the lack of 1st-party newcomers in DLC... they might be holding those back for Smash 5.

Last edited:

Naoshi

By the way, it seems like the creator of Monster Hunter changed his mind regarding him being in fighting games. I always thought that it didn't apply to Smash IMO.
Mii costumes is probably different to him, I'm not sure though. But yeah, interesting thing to point out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom