• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

On second thought, if the US (will there be?) version of #FE has the same VA for Virion, I'm good.
But still...he looks like Vega in a suit, not Virion.
At least it does represent Virion's personality...

I'm still wondering why Chrom looks like that, I'm starting to think it's a story-related reason because every other Mirage revealed so far at least has some semblance with their original counterpart.

Except Chrom who looks all dark and edgy and very un-prince-like.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay what the hell...Virion looks straight-up awful.

Like, if you'd have shown me that with no context, I'd have never thought of Virion. As much as I genuinely dislike this kind of comparison, he literally looks more like a Digimon than himself.

It sucks too, since Virion's one of my favorite characters...first Demon Lord Chrom, and now Virionmon. #FE disappoints me...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, I guess now would be a good time to try Chibi Robo, I'll buy it when I can.

Anyway, I am predicting 5 characters are left( max if not then 2)
basically I believe those two placeholders are for the last two pre ballot characters. I believe this because, I don't think two would make sense from the ballot and Nintendo can easily support more DLC if they wanted to, which they would. It also is just strange for there to be only 2 characters left when factors such as character bundles are in play.( even if we aren't entirely sure it means there is another bundle) So I have a guess of 5 characters left from this. 2 for pre ballot, that will release October( imo this would make sense as it could tie over fans till there are more characters ready from the ballot results.) However these 2 will be influenced by early ballot data, which is why we haven't got any new characters since June.

My theory is that these two characters are done and could be announced between October 3rd and October 31st. As For who these two could be? Well that depends, if the slots truly are the last two DLC characters then I have a different prediction. For now, let's focus on if they are meant to be pre ballot slots.

If they are pre ballot slots, I am calling it being Wolf and Shovel Knight. Wolf because he is the obvious big name choice and can be passed off as early ballot as he still ranks relatively highly. Shovel Knight is due to the rumor and because he was leading the ballot alongside K Rool early on, plus NIntendo seems to want to push him and Yacht Club games. Therefore getting him was easily and gives you a popular choice for a newcomer.

Now if the last two slots aren't pre ballot, and are the last DLC characters, then you can bet your shoes that they are going to add Big name characters so that the end DLC is profitable and massively popular among fans.

My guesses? They will either pull out all the stops and Inklings with a fully unique gimmick, 16 alts, two stages, etc. I could also see K rool as well( if not then in place of Inkling's.) Or They would do one of those two and add one final third party that normally wouldn't get in, like say Bomberman or Professor Layton, anyone to that vain. However I would expect two Nintendo newcomers more.

Now for my final point. As I said, I believe 5 characters total is very possible. If that is the case, Here are my predictions for ballot characters:

Dixie Kong: In this scenario, dixie would be in place of K rool would could be saved as a big name character for the next smash. Dk is one of the series's that people want to have a new rep and it definitely deserves one. Having dixie fulfills that requirement and she could be easily made to make money. Using Diddy as a base, Dixie could be a semi clone of him and be made faster than other characters and gives us an easily first party newcomer who would sell quite well.

Paper Mario: Paper Mario is a character with endless potential. He can be an extremely unique fighter to the game and be based on Game and watch's model. With attacks such as his hammer, super jump, spin move, and more, Paper mario can have basic animations and assets pulled from other characters, that could then be touched up to resemble his moves from his games. As a character usually in the top 20, this wouldn't be a bad decision to make if they were adding multiple ballot choices.

Bandanna Dee: This is a choice I only see happening if there is more than two characters left. I love bandanna dee myself, but he can't beat out others if there are two slots left, but could possibly make it into the next game. However if they are doing more than two characters, then Dee is possible imo. Kirby is a popular series, Dee ranks highly two usually, and he could be a very unique character as he fights with a spear. He'd make for an interesting ballot choice and would probably sell very well, even if he may take longer to make.

And last but not Least:

Issac: I put Issac last as he is an interesting case. Now I've never played Golden Sun, but I know enough about it. Issac could be a good choice as he is another mage. I could also see Robin being used to create him easier.He's very popular and isn't an assist trophy anymore, so he could be a nice choice from the ballot. Plus if he gets in, we then have a new franchise added to the roster, and he could get his own stage as well. This would definitely sell well, and wouldn't be a bad way to end the ballot choices.

Of course, these are just my thoughts/speculations, and any other character could probably be filled in the spots of those I mentioned, but I figured those would good characters to touch upon and explain while I feel they are likely. This took quite some time to type up, so I would love some feedback. If this post is to long and needs to be spoilered, please tell me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
#FE's Fire Emblem character designs are a bit over-the-top and kinda weird.

There is some semblance to the characters, but they added a ton of details and took a lot of liberties with the original designs.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I wonder what stands... err, I mean persona... Performas they will announce next.

Chrono.

Etika's holding his own character poll

I voted cause why not.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I saw the comments in that Chibi-Robo article.

Those ********... T.T

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
What in the name? Do the developers of this game even know what Fire Emblem games look like?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I voted cause why not.
Lana (Fire Emblem)

(Assuming it's HW Lana he meant).

I'm not getting into him having Oliver Queen (Green Arrow) or Finn (Adventure Time) on there.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Last edited:

I voted cause why not.
"Finn (Adventure Time)"

Why the **** is a non-videogame caharacter an option?
EDIT shrek and shia lebeouf too. why
and why make it vote for only one if you are going to make 3 polls anyway lol
EDIT 2 no viridi RIP

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I am predicting 5 characters are left( max if not then 2)
basically I believe those two placeholders are for the last two pre ballot characters. I believe this because, I don't think two would make sense from the ballot and Nintendo can easily support more DLC if they wanted to, which they would. It also is just strange for there to be only 2 characters left when factors such as character bundles are in play.( even if we aren't entirely sure it means there is another bundle) So I have a guess of 5 characters left from this. 2 for pre ballot, that will release October( imo this would make sense as it could tie over fans till there are more characters ready from the ballot results.) However these 2 will be influenced by early ballot data, which is why we haven't got any new characters since June.

My theory is that these two characters are done and could be announced between October 3rd and October 31st. As For who these two could be? Well that depends, if the slots truly are the last two DLC characters then I have a different prediction. For now, let's focus on if they are meant to be pre ballot slots.

If they are pre ballot slots, I am calling it being Wolf and Shovel Knight. Wolf because he is the obvious big name choice and can be passed off as early ballot as he still ranks relatively highly. Shovel Knight is due to the rumor and because he was leading the ballot alongside K Rool early on, plus NIntendo seems to want to push him and Yacht Club games. Therefore getting him was easily and gives you a popular choice for a newcomer.

Now if the last two slots aren't pre ballot, and are the last DLC characters, then you can bet your shoes that they are going to add Big name characters so that the end DLC is profitable and massively popular among fans.

My guesses? They will either pull out all the stops and Inklings with a fully unique gimmick, 16 alts, two stages, etc. I could also see K rool as well( if not then in place of Inkling's.) Or They would do one of those two and add one final third party that normally wouldn't get in, like say Bomberman or Professor Layton, anyone to that vain. However I would expect two Nintendo newcomers more.

Now for my final point. As I said, I believe 5 characters total is very possible. If that is the case, Here are my predictions for ballot characters:

Dixie Kong: In this scenario, dixie would be in place of K rool would could be saved as a big name character for the next smash. Dk is one of the series's that people want to have a new rep and it definitely deserves one. Having dixie fulfills that requirement and she could be easily made to make money. Using Diddy as a base, Dixie could be a semi clone of him and be made faster than other characters and gives us an easily first party newcomer who would sell quite well.

Paper Mario: Paper Mario is a character with endless potential. He can be an extremely unique fighter to the game and be based on Game and watch's model. With attacks such as his hammer, super jump, spin move, and more, Paper mario can have basic animations and assets pulled from other characters, that could then be touched up to resemble his moves from his games. As a character usually in the top 20, this wouldn't be a bad decision to make if they were adding multiple ballot choices.

Bandanna Dee: This is a choice I only see happening if there is more than two characters left. I love bandanna dee myself, but he can't beat out others if there are two slots left, but could possibly make it into the next game. However if they are doing more than two characters, then Dee is possible imo. Kirby is a popular series, Dee ranks highly two usually, and he could be a very unique character as he fights with a spear. He'd make for an interesting ballot choice and would probably sell very well, even if he may take longer to make.

And last but not Least:

Issac: I put Issac last as he is an interesting case. Now I've never played Golden Sun, but I know enough about it. Issac could be a good choice as he is another mage. I could also see Robin being used to create him easier.He's very popular and isn't an assist trophy anymore, so he could be a nice choice from the ballot. Plus if he gets in, we then have a new franchise added to the roster, and he could get his own stage as well. This would definitely sell well, and wouldn't be a bad way to end the ballot choices.

Of course, these are just my thoughts/speculations, and any other character could probably be filled in the spots of those I mentioned, but I figured those would good characters to touch upon and explain while I feel they are likely. This took quite some time to type up, so I would love some feedback. If this post is to long and needs to be spoilered, please tell me.
I'm re posting this since we are on a new page, and if possible would love some feedback.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Chibi Robo's game seems to be getting as much attention as Codename Steam. The game is getting pretty overshadowed by some big hitters like Yo-kai Watch, Mario Maker and Xenoblade X.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
just gonna throw out there that the (fire emblem)characters arnt supposed to look like themselves

Ivander

Smash Legend
At least you can tell it's Virion. Compared to Draug, who looks like that design would pretty much fit any General character. Heck, if they didn't mention it was him, I bet everybody would be thinking he was Hector.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Probably missed this conversation by a few pages but Second Party refers to characters that need another company added to the credits with their inclusion while still being Nintendo owned. The Donkey Kong Country Series was this back in Melee's time but Nintendo kept anything related to DKC and Star Fox Adventures in the divorce.

It's not an official term as I think second party actually refers to the consumer.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
also amazon of spain is saying the shovel knight amiibo works for smash...... this works with my theory he and wolf will come out in november

Chrono.

Sorry Chibi, but just because a franchise is dying doesn't mean I'll shell $40+ for support.

Liking Tharja's design here more than her original design. Sexy but not slutty.

Virion looks more SMT than FE. Whatever.

Draug is okay, but when you're competing with this it's understandable:

View attachment 75839

Still not hyped for this game just yet.
Oh wow, he looks like a generic Megaman miniboss there.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Etika added every single character people commented should be in on one of his videos on the poll. That's why there are a lot of dumb options.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
At least you can tell it's Virion. Compared to Draug, who looks like that design would pretty much fit any General character. Heck, if they didn't mention it was him, I bet everybody would be thinking he was Hector.
IDK, I can't tell it's Virion.
The only reason I knew was because someone told me it was.
also amazon of spain is saying the shovel knight amiibo works for smash...... this works with my theory he and wolf will come out in november
Because Amazon of Spain is the most trustworthy of sources, is it not?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
There are rumors that the Shovel Knight amiibo got pushed back into 2016, which derails your theory. But all of this is merely speculation.

D

Deleted member

Here's Tharja's and Virion's looks in #FE

They are definitely going full Persona with the Mirage designs and it's great. (imo)
I love how everyone is saying it doesn't look like Virion when Tharja only has similar hair
But damn, does he look fabulous, I mean, look at that hat

Now, if we get some SS characters like Joshua or Amelia, I might consider buying the game

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Either way, the amiibo is something worth noting, after all the amiibo was leaked by spanish sources to begin with.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The plot thickens...

Who's betting the next Shovel Knight expansion will feature a loose lipped guy with a Spanish accent? That you have to clobber?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom