• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
So I am really hyped for Fates so considering I have only played Awakening, I want to buy another one from the E shop. I only have money for one. While I find Fire Emblem more interesting, Sacred Stones is apparently more accessible like Awakening. Which one should I get?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Tharja I don't mind. Certainly a step up from creeper in a glorified bikini.

Virion on the other hand looks like a rejected Mega Man X Maverick. But it may be one of those "better as time and hindsight kicks in" cases.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
So I am really hyped for Fates so considering I have only played Awakening, I want to buy another one from the E shop. I only have money for one. While I find Fire Emblem more interesting, Sacred Stones is apparently more accessible like Awakening. Which one should I get?
If you've only played Awakening, I'd say go for Sacred Stones, since it'll have more features you'll be familiar with, like the world map and branching promotions.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I just have to bring up that someone requesting Baby Mario and Luigi is kind of disturbing...

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
...Huh.
Tourney Mode got a ton of new options again.
There's a "Battlefield" setting where it's only Battlefield, and a Platforms Only option which is only stages with platforms.
There's even a for glory option for Battlefield. Which is swell.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Re: Amazon Shovel Knight listing

Even the US Amazon struggles with correct copy info on unreleased products. Official Copy isn't usually given until close to the product's release, which means pre-release copy is usually written in-house by Amazon themselves, often with little to go on. I can't say I know the Spanish Amazon is the same, but I would imagine it is.

Another thing worth pointing out is that third party sellers have the ability to create their own item listing pages. It's not as simple as, say, editing imdb, but it does mean this listing may not even be official. It's a little known fact that, if you do a little digging, you can often find the exact same product listed on multiple pages at different prices, and most pertinent to this discussion, with different copy. Since I happen to have these examples on hand, here are two listings for the same Star Wars toy, with completely different copy text. They don't even use the same product images. The first is the official copy given to Amazon by Hasbro (here), while the second is unofficial and written by the seller (here).

I'm not saying the listing means nothing, but I am saying anyone could have written it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think ShinyQuagsire should be out school soon, he retweeted something not necessarily related to Smash but it's still a sign of activity so maybe we will see something pretty soon.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I wonder if the Wii Fit stage will be added on the 3DS, now that Duck Hunt is in.

They could just get rid of the mirror, as it happens during 8-player Smash.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
I wonder if the Wii Fit stage will be added on the 3DS, now that Duck Hunt is in.

Not counting ROB, Wii Fit is now the only character without a proper home stage in 3DS, right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly, I think most people wouldn't think to much about it if baby bros were fighters. They can do things like summon a giant monstrous rabid dog, beat the living **** out of people with hammers to the point where their bodies change shape, they shoot fire, evoke giant caterpillars rage, and much more. I think we are underestimating who is beating who in this scenario...

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Not counting ROB, Wii Fit is now the only character without a proper home stage in 3DS, right?
Yep.

Duck Hunt no longer appears on the stages used for characters without home stages, those being the ones from series without characters such as Balloon Fight or Tomodachi Life.

Soul.

Not sure if you guys knew this or not, but shieldstun was increased in this update lol. So many people confused right now.

Also I'd be okay with Wii Fit Studio on 3DS, but pls can 3DS get Smashville and Kalos Pokémon League.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Now that Duck Hunt is in the 3DS version, I wouldn't mind Wii Fit coming along at some point for Wii Fit Trainer.

Perhaps Magicant and Mute City could be brought over to the Wii U version too for Ness and Captain Falcon?

Last edited:

Naoshi

Not sure if you guys knew this or not, but shieldstun was increased in this update lol. So many people confused right now.

Also I'd be okay with Wii Fit Studio on 3DS, but pls can 3DS get Smashville and Kalos Pokémon League.
Meanwhile I hope we get Magicant, Gerudo Valley, Green Hill Zone and Corneria on Wii U.

(Actually I would love it if we get all 3 Melee stages from 3DS on Wii U...)

EDIT: Oh, with the fact that 3DS version was proven to not hold Wii U stage DLC back... New Pork City feels a bit more likely now. I'm not a fan of the stage but I would still buy it for at least 8 Players and Omega Mode alone

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just gimme all the 3DS stages on Wii U. Lol.

And give the 3DS all the ones it can handle.

I'm still blown away by Pirate Ship.

Naoshi

I just realized 6 DLC stages in and not a single one is based on a handheld game, unless you wanna count Dream Land 64 which is kind of vague (it feels a bit more Superstar oriented if anything).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

If both versions had all the stages they could that be awesome. It probably won't happen though. Although it could if there is a an NX port of smash

Soul.

Meanwhile I hope we get Magicant, Gerudo Valley, Green Hill Zone and Corneria on Wii U.

(Actually I would love it if we get all 3 Melee stages from 3DS on Wii U...)

EDIT: Oh, with the fact that 3DS version was proven to not hold Wii U stage DLC back... New Pork City feels a bit more likely now. I'm not a fan of the stage but I would still buy it for at least 8 Players and Omega Mode alone
Eh, personally the stages that I want to be on 3DS are legal, but as I said before I'd be okay with anything.

Naoshi

Wouldn't that make 3DS feel even more lesser though? I'm cool with both versions sharing more stages, but I don't know if 3DS losing all of its stage exclusivity would be a good idea.

(I love both versions though)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom