• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Truly the best part about the updates :^)
Screenshot_2015-09-30-08-14-49-1.png
PushDustIn PushDustIn , actually I found something, when Sakurai said that they could only make "several characters" it actually translates to more than two.
Was that the word used in the original version? As in, it came right out of Sakurai's mouth? Or is it just a translation thing?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Pirate Ship hype. :D

Here are my thoughts: If there's only one more pre-ballot character, we're getting Wolf. That's if there's any more.

If it's ballot based and we're only getting one character, we're getting Wolf.

If we only have the ballot left and we get two characters from it, we're getting Wolf and Inkling.

If we have one more pre-ballot and one post-ballot, I still think we're getting Wolf and Inkling.

If we have one more pre-ballot and two post-ballot, I'd say Wolf, Inkling, and K. Rool.

Just my opinions as usual. I really don't think we're getting that many characters.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Truly the best part about the updates :^)

Was that the word used in the original version? As in, it came right out of Sakurai's mouth? Or is it just a translation thing?
Yes, that is the meaning of several.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
At this point, I won't lose confidence in Wolf until the year is over.

There's still the end of November which is probably the last time we can see a fighter.

Because we won't see the Ballot Fighters until 2016. Fighters take a long time and it's gonna be finished probably around March.

Chrono.

Got the new copypasta here
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Anyways I don't think they'll be just two more characters, I'm still banking on 4, personally.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I dunno about that... A LOT of people just assumed Wolf was a shoe-in and didn't vote for him for fear their vote would be wasted. As a result, the ballot does not accurately reflect his popularity, and he seems less desirable than he really is.

It comes down to whether or not Sakurai realizes this. I'm beginning to fear he may have fallen victim to being TOO popular... though I still think we're getting him alongside the release of Star Fox U.

EDIT:

Anyways I don't think they'll be just two more characters, I'm still banking on 4, personally.
Wow, rude. That's a bad move considering how unpopular he is already.

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Yeah, going with 4 too

I DO hope we get a newcomer from Nintendo's side though

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Pirate Ship hype. :D

Here are my thoughts: If there's only one more pre-ballot character, we're getting Wolf. That's if there's any more.

If we only have the ballot left and we get two characters from it, we're getting Wolf and Inkling.

If we have one more pre-ballot and one post-ballot, I still think we're getting Wolf and Inkling.

If we have one more pre-ballot and two post-ballot, I'd say Wolf, Inkling, and K. Rool.

Just my opinions as usual. I really don't think we're getting that many characters.
I applaud your optimism for Wolf, but I seriously doubt that Sakurai and Co are going to waste a ballot slot on a vet. I understand everyone is fair game, but this ballot shouldnt bring us back a vet when this was an opportunity for the fans to vote for a potential newcomer that they wanted to see. I believe that Wolf can be pre-ballot, but he cant make it from the ballot itself. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yes, that is the meaning of several.
I meant the word used in Japanese
Was it the literal translation of several or was did the translators translate it from a similar word?

Real talk If you aren't Sakurai
You don't know what you are talking about at all. Simple. No but's or ifs. Tired of sugar coating

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well I just came back from Hell broken loose. I see we got a couple more stages? Neat.
Though I am worried about that exclusive stage thing. Especially since I know people are going to use it ad nauseam for characters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
He's actually really popular...sadly.
See the comments? Someone is getting trampled for calling him out.
It's sad.

Well I just came back from Hell broken loose. I see we got a couple more stages? Neat.
Though I am worried about that exclusive stage thing. Especially since I know people are going to use it ad nauseam for characters.
There's always been exclusive stages. Never characters.
People who spout that still have no leg to stand on.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I dunno about that... A LOT of people just assumed Wolf was a shoe-in and didn't vote for him for fear their vote would be wasted. As a result, the ballot does not accurately reflect his popularity, and he seems less desirable than he really is.

It comes down to whether or not Sakurai realizes this. I'm beginning to fear he may have fallen victim to being TOO popular... though I still think we're getting him alongside the release of Star Fox U.

EDIT:

Believe me, I worry about the "he's safe don't waste your votes" mentality too. But at the same time, Wolf's scored pretty highly on "Who Did You Vote For" polls that I've seen. Like around eighth, likely due to a lot of people assuming he's safe. I think that'd be taken into consideration.

I applaud your optimism for Wolf, but I seriously doubt that Sakurai and Co are going to waste a ballot slot on a vet. I understand everyone is fair game, but this ballot shouldnt bring us back a vet when this was an opportunity for the fans to vote for a potential newcomer that they wanted to see. I believe that Wolf can be pre-ballot, but he cant make it from the ballot itself. Just my 2 cents
On the contrary, I think the team would see that a rather easy-to-make veteran scored so highly and say, "Oh thank God, we can just make Wolf and be done." :p If it's a popular and simple solution, why not take it?

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Isaac is a master of dodging bullets, holy ****. I was fully expecting him to be a mii costume today.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Apparently there was another change to Tournament Mode.

There's now Battlefield regular tourneys for both FG AND FF. For Fun also gets a "Platforms Only" option.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
On the contrary, I think the team would see that a rather easy-to-make veteran scored so highly and say, "Oh thank God, we can just make Wolf and be done." :p If it's a popular and simple solution, why not take it?
Because Sakurai. Seriously, this dude is killing himself making DLC, and I dont think that because "its easy to make" that he'd just choose a vet.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
ZeRo ,despites being the best player in the world, is THE PERSON who spreads more false information and **** opinions.
Yoshi have god-like framedata, he said.
Also, is he loses to a character, that character is underated and OP.

Maybe he is a little tired of sugar coating, but I bet a lot of people is getting tired of his bull**** too.
He should focus in playing more and speaking less, as he always recommends.
Other way, the stress will make him finally lose and I will enjoy watching it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I agree with PushDustIn PushDustIn on this. As I've said before, two seems to be a consistent number we keep finding in data, and the number of stages left lining up with the number of characters left in the placeholder data adds even more to that theory. The number is starting to not be coincidental, and considering what he said about characters taking a long time while the team's time and resources are limited, it makes sense that they would have a solid endpoint to the number they thought they could get through with what they had.

So right now, I personally believe two is what we're getting with characters, I could be wrong (I was already proven wrong about the DLC today), but I think Push's theory is right.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Wolf doesn't get in and the reason is because he didn't get a lot of votes, I'm going to be pissed.

The "shoo-in" mentality is something I have condemned since the beginning of the ballot.

D

Deleted member

Real talk If you don't want Wonder Red in Smash
You don't know what you are talking about at all. Simple. No but's or ifs. Tired of sugar coating

Apparently there was another change to Tournament Mode.

There's now Battlefield regular tourneys for both FG AND FF. For Fun also gets a "Platforms Only" option.
So close yet so far...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The ballot was a somewhat bad idea.

I feel like we're in for a rude awakening soon.
"The ballot was a mistake. It's nothing but trash." -- Masahiro Sakurai

If all we're getting from the ballot is two characters, things are going to become ugly.

What a way to wake up :bluejump: I just hope I can get nintendo wi fi working so I can play her. (plus another legal stage on 3ds. aww yeah.)
I will change my avi soon. I just need a little time

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why do I think we're getting four, well for three reasons, one is the fact that it's a balanced number, it's neither too little, nor too much, another is offering fans another character pack, which would as traditionally, include four characters, and finally, it would be the amount of characters that can enter a battle, an right player battle with all the DLC characters? But these are just my thoughts.

Last edited:

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
PushDustIn PushDustIn , actually I found something, when Sakurai said that they could only make "several characters" it actually translates to more than two.
Maybe in English, but remember several was translated from japanese. Remember similar words exist like "some," "couple," and "few."

I think its safe to say all the evidence for two characters left is looking very likely. If it is just Wolf (preballot) and Shovel Knight, I wonder how upset Japan will be with the ballot.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think two, I hope for four.

That's my view anyway.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And if one of them is SK like the rumors are saying well.
SK's inclusion is going to make things even more bitter.

First, we get four whopping characters and Sakurai confirms they're not ballot choices.

Considering the ballot has a run time of 6 months and how they have revealed things so far, it reeks a bit of bad marketing and poor management in regards to character distribution.

This, assuming we'll get only 2 more characters.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let me just say though, that after the DLC is said and done, and we never got a first-party DLC newcomer...

...Lots of people are gonna be upset.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Let me just say though, that after the DLC is said and done, and we never got a first-party DLC newcomer...

...Lots of people are gonna be upset.
Oh, you poor silly marsupial.

People are going to be upset anyway if the first party DLC isn't a character they want or is perceived as unpopular.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I remember when Brawl came out and most people complained about Wolf being in. Now most people want him back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom