• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Interesting minor detail in Pirate Ship.
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Icon is different in Japan (Europe has cat paw)
I knew I couldn't remember there being bottles in the Brawl version. There were barrels (I think).
Any reason as to why Japan uses the human hand and not the cat paw for the icon?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
She always dies.

The whole chapter is based on the events though. So I would say it is a bit of an important thing to keep intact.
Meanwhile Ridley, one of Nintendo's most fiendish characters will join sides after getting smacked on the arena you fight him in Other M. In Other M's canon, Samus is the one getting slapped to obidience amiright?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Meanwhile Ridley, one of Nintendo's most fiendish characters will join sides after getting smacked on the arena you fight him in Other M. In Other M's canon, Samus is the one getting slapped to obidience amiright?
To be fair, it's heavily implied that Smash For and KIU take place in the same universe.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Meanwhile Ridley, one of Nintendo's most fiendish characters will join sides after getting smacked on the arena you fight him in Other M.
That's just a game mechanic, it doesn't take away that Ridley still fights you and mess things up.

In Other M's canon, Samus is the one getting slapped to obidience amiright?
What does that have to do with anything?

Sakurai for the record has said that Dark Pit was split from Pit because he can't use the 3 Sacred Treasures. He still clearly cares about canon enough to that point.

To be fair, it's heavily implied that Smash For and KIU take place in the same universe.
They don't since they're trophies in Smash For.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm actually more happy that Viridi's a costume.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
So Pit has beaten the everloving **** out of little kids?
That's just a game mechanic, it doesn't take away that Ridley still fights you and mess things up.

What does that have to do with anything?

Sakurai for the record has said that Dark Pit was split from Pit because he can't use the 3 Sacred Treasures. He still clearly cares about canon enough to that point.

They don't since they're trophies in Smash For.
It's just stupidly out of character of Ridley 'He can't fly freely so no playable Ridley' was also a thing.
It was a joke to Somos' daddy issues.
So...Sakurai only cares about his canon? Thing is, Smash messes up with canon all the time

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I knew I couldn't remember there being bottles in the Brawl version. There were barrels (I think).
Any reason as to why Japan uses the human hand and not the cat paw for the icon?
The Wii U version also has barrels. (And yes, the barrels were present in Brawl AFAIK).

No idea, it's the first icon that's different across regions. It's weird...everyone loves cats!

EDIT: I was wrong about the bottles. Sorry!

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

It's just stupidly out of character of Ridley 'He can't fly freely so no playable Ridley' was also a thing.
So...Sakurai only cares about his canon? Thing is, Smash messes up with canon all the time
I guess through Palutena's Guidance.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sorry to burst your bubble, but those bottles already appeared in Brawl.

In regards to Ridley teaming up with the characters that beat him up, it's just an example of this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

It's just a game mechanic for interactivity with a stage element. You could say the same for the Flying Man: originally, they help Ness, but here someone else can have them fight against Ness.

Also, it's the same game that allows people to team up Link with Ganondorf. Or where you can have Mario fight against Peach. Or where Samus can summon Dark Samus or even Mother Brain to help her. Or where someone can summon Jeff to launch missiles against Ness.

Naoshi

Here's the thing:

It's not so much about the canon, but that changing a bit of a stage dynamic for the sake of a character isn't something he would do.

Viridi's role in the stage is served as not just a backdrop character but also a warning for an incoming drastic change in the level. Having the reset bomb go off on its own without any warning is a different story than say removing a pointless cameo backdrop when the character in question is present in the fight.

So canon or not, I don't think they're willing to change something that's actually important to the stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Another good note is that, as Pirate Ship and Mario Maker share some tracks with other stages, we could also see the same for other stages in the future !

*Waiting for Live & Learn coming to Final Destination*

I don't hide I'm jaded with Wolf getting constantly not confirmed however.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
In Brawl, there are both barrels and bottles in the Pirate Ship. The bottles are nothing new.

WHY IS PushDustIn PushDustIn SPREADING MISINFORMATION? STOP! :urg: (Kinda kidding here, but saying the bottles weren't in Brawl is false.)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Here's the thing:

It's not so much about the canon, but that changing a bit of a stage dynamic for the sake of a character isn't something he would do.

Viridi's role in the stage is served as not just a backdrop character but also a warning for an incoming drastic change in the level. Having the reset bomb go off on its own without any warning is a different story than say removing a pointless cameo backdrop when the character in question is present in the fight.
Hell, just have Cragalanche sit in the background or something. I'm not even trying to defend Viridi, just saying that her in game role isn't an issue
Sorry to burst your bubble, but those bottles already appeared in Brawl.

In regards to Ridley teaming up with the characters that beat him up, it's just an example of this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

It's just a game mechanic for interactivity with a stage element. You could say the same for the Flying Man: originally, they help Ness, but here someone else can have them fight against Ness.

Also, it's the same game that allows people to team up Link with Ganondorf. Or where you can have Mario fight against Peach. Or where Samus can summon Dark Samus or even Mother Brain to help her. Or where someone can summon Jeff to launch missiles against Ness.
That's the problem. You used AT and Flying Men, ATs help you when summoned, Flying Men helped Ness so it makes sense they help here. Ridley...This is what should have been done. He doesn't join sides, but he pulls a Metal Face/Yellow Devil and explodes when defeated. Boom. Done

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Just noticed Pirate Ship can only be played in 8 Player Smash when Omega. So that means not all default forms of paid DLC stages will be available in 8 Player Smash.

Naoshi

Hell, just have Cragalanche sit in the background or something. I'm not even trying to defend Viridi, just saying that her in game role isn't an issue
That isn't a very interesting replacement, nor does it give me a sense of "something is going to happen!" I know you aren't defending Viridi but I'm kinda just saying that I feel otherwise about the in-game role argument.

But yeah I guess none of this really matters given the actual circumstances on Viridi herself as a Mii Fighter and all, so I'll drop it. I kinda should take a nap since I didn't get much sleep.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finally caught up! The update was surprising! Love the pirate ship and mario maker stages! Free duck hunt on 3ds is nice as well. I only loss one part of the bet so here is my new avatar! I also love the monster hunter costumes!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
IGNORE NEXT BIT. I WAS WRONG. Thanks Frostwraith Frostwraith
Icon is different in Japan (Europe has cat paw)
In Brawl, there are both barrels and bottles in the Pirate Ship. The bottles are nothing new.

WHY IS PushDustIn PushDustIn SPREADING MISINFORMATION? STOP! :urg: (Kinda kidding here, but saying the bottles weren't in Brawl is false.)
FYI the Tingle Bottle has a unique design.

So yeah it's not the Tingle Bottle. Neat detail if it was tho!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

Really? Maybe I just never noticed them. Or maybe the misinformation has contributed to reshaping my memories.
I think I'll go play Brawl again just to look out for the bottles.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm actually happy that a character I knew wasn't likely is getting this kind of representation.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Monster hunter costumes? Pirate ship? I'm thorougly satisfied.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
One minor thing I love about the Viridi costume: the wig.
There is so much detail in that costume's hair physics.
Like, seriously. Unlike Palutena's floppy flat blanket for hair, Viridi's actually has individual sections that move.
It is incredibly fabulous.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Frostwraith Frostwraith

FYI, I can see certain Wii U stages getting getting easier downgrades for the 3DS

64 Kongo Jungle, Smashville and maybe Onett depending on how they can work

As for vice versa, there is a major possibility. Just don't expect the unique stages like Magicant to get in

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I also love all the little details that were put into the omega version of Pirate Ship.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
With these Mii costumes I'm more convinced that they don't deconfirm characters. They still might, but I think they'll make Mii costumes of a lot of characters already in the game

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wii Fit Studio seems like the obvious next stage to get a 3DS version, though the mirror might need to be toned down.

Duck Hunt finally gets his home stage, so why no Wii Fit trainer, right?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Frostwraith Frostwraith

FYI, I can see certain Wii U stages getting getting easier downgrades for the 3DS

64 Kongo Jungle, Smashville and maybe Onett depending on how they can work

As for vice versa, there is a major possibility. Just don't expect the unique stages like Magicant to get in
Kongo Jungle 64 is definitely a possibility for the 3DS version given its simplicity. Onett is also fairly simple. Melee's Yoshi's Island could work as well.

Another stage that could work well on the 3DS version would be Mario Circuit from Brawl.

Other stages on the Wii U I think that could be on the 3DS would be Wii Fit Studio, Pac-Land, Castle Siege, Skyworld and maybe Halberd. Smashville could work as well, though likely at the expense of the cameos.

Port Town and the new Mario Circuit could work as well considering Rainbow Road works fine.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I guess the one downside to the Mario Maker stage (besides random bad layouts) is the computer players have no idea how to navigate it.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Reminder for the balance patch; Thinkaman's data in the patch thread doesn't cover ending/landing lag changes, which there has been several of in each patch thus far (and it doesn't cover attribute changes as well, though we have yet to get any of those in a patch). So before whinging about no Sheik nerfs or whatever buffs, keep in mind that we don't got this information yet and thus don't know everything that's been changed.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
What conclusions have we all made thus far?
The biggest one is that music already in the game doesn't mean anything for past DLC stages, Super Mario Maker and Pirate Ship are proof of this, so (almost) every returning stage not already in Sm4sh is back in the race again.

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Hm. Interesting release here. Still, looks pretty good. I am gonna play for a little bit and get back on taking a break for Smash. That's all. I don't suddenly hate the game. It's just that the game has worn on me a bit. I will come back to playing the game again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom