• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
New Pork City should definitely be on the Wii U version. Could just share the music with Onett, kind of like how Pirate Ship borrows music from all other Zelda stages.

As for other possible past stages, I'd say both versions should have them.

With songs being able to be used on multiple stages, any past stage could return. I'd like to see Rainbow Ride, Fourside, Pokémon Stadium 1 and Flat Zone 1 from Melee. From Brawl, Frigate Orpheon is a must and I think it could be on both versions.

I'd also like if they released past versions of Battlefield and Final Destination. Especially Melee's Battlefield as it looks so different from the Brawl and Smash 4 versions. And because its music is missing.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I kinda just want to see stages that weren't in Brawl. Pirate Ship is nice but I don't really feel that excited about it. Still, it is nice to have more stages.

D

Deleted member

Warning: Trolling
Cynthia theme, badass pokes for Gen IV

Diantha, Bike, Every battle theme
>Bike theme
>Gen 4
Stop
>Battle themes
>GEN 4
STOP
T
O
P

I like Cynthia's theme tho

I thought Gen 6 had plenty of good music and I am not even a fan of Gen 6.

Gen 4's music is great, all of that jazz and such. Great city themes too.

And Gen 1's music was great all around.
Gen 6's music was just so underwhelming and disapointing
Most of them don't fit into what they're supposed to be and others are just straoght up bad like Diantha's Theme
The only battle theme I actually like is Lysandre's theme and the Legendary theme
The overworld themes weren't so bad and most of them fitted really well though
And Sycamore's theme was really good
But again, most of it was either bad or just good, nothing comes to 'great'

As for Gen 1 music
Yeah... no
The only track I can even remember is the Champion theme
It was just forgettable

Telling a Lucario main that there's nothing good about Gen 4 is not a great idea.
Stop trying to rile people up.
Sorry if my opinion makes you angry

This was a good fishing session overall :^)

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
>Bike theme
>Gen 4
Stop
>Battle themes
>GEN 4
STOP
T
O
P

I like Cynthia's theme tho

Gen 6's music was just so underwhelming and disapointing
Most of them don't fit into what they're supposed to be and others are just straoght up bad like Diantha's Theme
The only battle theme I actually like is Lysandre's theme and the Legendary theme
The overworld themes weren't so bad and most of them fitted really well though
And Sycamore's theme was really good
But again, most of it was either bad or just good, nothing comes to 'great'

As for Gen 1 music
Yeah... no
It was just forgettable

Sorry if my opinion makes you angry

This was a good fishing session overall :^)
lol I seperated those for a reason, Gen IV's best themes were Cynthia and Giratina, rest wasn't all too memorable to me except the Gen IV battle theme remix in Smash
Poke Floats confirmed noncasual :^)
The most competitive of stages

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Filthy noncasual
Its just because nearly all of the past stages are from Brawl. I really like a lot of the stages from Brawl, I just want to see some more variety in the choices.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Magicant is the only 3DS stage I really want to see on the Wii U, I don't like that the console gets Onett and only Onett while the 3DS gets that beautiful stage; It's also a wierd decision if you take into account the game it's from was a home console game, despite the 3DS apparently focusing on the handheld titles.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I really just want Unova Pokemon League in HD
Like, I don't even care if Reshiram ruins the match whenever it shows up
The stage has the potential to be so beautiful
And the two Dragons REALLY need better models

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Checked the Ganondorf boards and, oh yeah, Ganondorf was buffed again. Just the neutral air, but a buff nonetheless.

The two hits connect better now at low % and the second hit deals more damage. This move got deadlier. Not only both hits connect better, it's a total of more damage. At high %, the first hit works like before, giving high knockback, as with most of Ganondorf's moves.

Heard that Samus also got buffs, including fixing some of her hitbox issues.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I just want any returning Pokémon stage that's not Spear Pillar. And Fourside. And Green Greens. And Big Blue. And Great Bay. And New Pork is perfect for 8 players, even though I don't particularly care for that stage.

D

Deleted member

Checked the Ganondorf boards and, oh yeah, Ganondorf was buffed again. Just the neutral air, but a buff nonetheless.

The two hits connect better now at low % and the second hit deals more damage. This move got deadlier. Not only both hits connect better, it's a total of more damage. At high %, the first hit works like before, giving high knockback, as with most of Ganondorf's moves.

Heard that Samus also got buffs, including fixing some of her hitbox issues.
I love how I think Ganon doesn't need any buffs but he just keeps getting them
I just want any returning Pokémon stage that's not Spear Pillar. And Fourside. And Green Greens. And Big Blue. And Great Bay. And New Pork is perfect for 8 players, even though I don't particularly care for that stage.
Spear Pillar is one of the only ones that is actually based off a real location
Please, keep Pokemon Stadium as far away as possible from Smash 4 and I hope someone bursts Pokefloats' balloons
And Saffron City is boring, just like the games it is based off :^):^):^):^):^):^)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't mind Pirate Ship being Wii U only since 3DS already has a toon-styled Zelda stage in Spirit Tracks.

Well, I do get another extra incentive to get a Wii U now! I love the Pirate Ship stage. An epic stage from a great game.

And it has the two versions of Gerudo Valley on its music selection. An amazing remix on an amazing stage. I'm nearly dead. XD

Shame it doesn't have Molgera Battle.

Regardless, I'm really liking how the Zelda series is getting a ton of love.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
This selection of Mii Fighter costumes has given me the impression that they haven't payed any attention to the ballot results yet, and wont until it's over.

I do think there's still a good chance of getting more preballot content that was worked on between Ryu, Lucas and Roy's releases in June and the ballot finishes in a couple days. It doesn't take a whole DLC team 4+ months to make 2 stages and a few skins. I would guess that they're sitting on some more content to fill the gaps between now and when the ballot characters start getting released.

Soul.

Only stages I want to be added from Wii U to 3DS are 'legal,' but if they could add more then I'd still be okay with that.

"Wishlist" imminent.

From Wii U to 3DS:
Smashville (or Town and City, whatever. Leaning towards Smashville because Wild World was a DS game)
Kongo Jungle (64)
Kalos Pokémon League (maybe?)

From 3DS to Wii U:
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Magicant
Prism Tower

I'd add Delfino to "from Wii U to 3DS" but swimming exists. Le sigh

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
TBH I think ballot characters are coming by the end of November and no later. At least revealed by then.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
BTW guys.
The wait for the new update is finally over.
But now...we have something else to wait for. There's three days until the Ballot closes!
In other words:
dawn1st.png

YEP.
I'm going to do it again.
I joked about doing this would lead to awesome Zelda DLC content and we got Pirate Ship so you're damn right I'm doing it again.
I am a prophet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

BTW guys.
The wait for the new update is finally over.
But now...we have something else to wait for. There's three days until the Ballot closes!
In other words:
View attachment 75802
YEP.
I'm going to do it again.
I joked about doing this would lead to awesome Zelda DLC content and we got Pirate Ship so you're damn right I'm doing it again.
I am a prophet.
Could you make a The Wonderful 101 reference then, please? Pretty please?
Sorry about what I said about Gen 4 earlier, I was only joking
So, now that that's in the past, how about that favor I asked you?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Sucks that there weren't any Metroid costumes. Pretty much the only thing I was hoping for apart from a character reveal.

Now the wait for Saturday will be agonizing.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
wao

im ashamed of you all

no one tagged me for the toad costume </3

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
For the people who think it's unrealistic to have only 2 characters planned for the ballot six months before it ends...

They had to have an exit plan for the Dlc. Dlc is a very costly expense, it's not like they can Keep Dlc in production forever. At some point it's just better to create a new game then release additional Dlc. I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Dlc ends this December; and with the lack of characters in this update I'm seriously wondering if 2 is all we are getting. Bandai Namco had to have an idea when their people were going to be free so they can work on their other projects. It's not unrealistic at alll to say "okay we are going to produce Dlc for a year" as teams need to be organized.

I think more than 2 is possible, but I just wouldn't be surprised if that's all we are getting.
Gotta keep some characters for the NX port after all :4wario2:

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Duck Hunt stage on 3DS? You know what it means?...
DUCK HUNT MEDLEY DURING SMASH RUN!! AW YEAH

... sucks that my 3DS doesn't work atm, it doesn't charge anymore :glare:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
As for Gen 1 music
Yeah... no
It was just forgettable
Eh? I wouldn't call Gen 1's OST forgettable personally.

Pallet Town
Oak's Theme
Lavender Town
Route 1
Gym Leader Battle
Champion Theme
SS Anne

Honestly, I could go on. Hell it even spawned themes that are still being used in these newer games these days.

But eh, it's your opinion, so I'm not really upset over this. But I think the attitude from earlier is kind of off putting to be honest.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
So now the next DLC character will probally not hit in some good amount of time,some couple of people lost a bet,I see.:dazwa:

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I dont think it would be possible for the Smash team to accomplish making 2 new characters within 2 months
I'm aware, but I think that development on characters is already underway. Nintendo hasn't pushed the ballot in a long time, and they have no reason to wait. Most votes were done in the first month or so, anyone still voting is just stuffing the ballot at this point.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I want some new stage exchanges (like Duck Hunt) between the Wii U and 3DS, because I'm tired of only having 1 veteran stage for DK, Metroid, and Star Fox on the 3DS, and 1 veteran stage for F-Zero and Earthbound on the Wii U

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I'm aware, but I think that development on characters is already underway. Nintendo hasn't pushed the ballot in a long time, and they have no reason to wait. Most votes were done in the first month or so, anyone still voting is just stuffing the ballot at this point.
Yeah, Sakurai already has a good grasp at this point of the kind of characters the Smash fans around the world would like to see. It's just a matter of finding out which character that appeals to multiple regions Sakurai will choose.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yeah, Sakurai already has a good grasp at this point of the kind of characters the Smash fans around the world would like to see. It's just a matter of finding out which character that appeals to multiple regions Sakurai will choose.
Now that leak that said that we would get 3 characters based on their popularity in the 3 major regions (NA, Europe and Japan) is starting to grow on me XD :p

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I don't think they were about to wait six months to actually start working on ballot fighters. There's no reason to spend that long collecting data.

If they started work on them in October, development would bleed into Spring 2016, and they'd have to have a team around for a while after that just to fix any potentially fatal glitches/unbalanced stuff. I don't think this game is going to be supported for that long, especially since DLC won't turn the profit a full game can.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, what's the My Music listing for the Super Mario Maker stage on the Wii U version?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom