• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Some Wii U Stages that I wanna see on 3DS;
Smashville (Muh Handheld, stage is from Wild World)
Mario Circuit (BRAWL) (Muh Handheld, stage is from Mario Kart DS)
Yoshi's Island (MELEE) (Muh Handheld, stage is Super Mario World, Mario Advance: SMW for GBA is a thing)
Pilot Wings (DA DADA DEEEEE YA, also Muh Handheld)
Onett (I just sorta like it)
Stage I wanna see from 3DS on Wii U;
Balloon Fight (BEST 3DS STAGE)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
The biggest one is that music already in the game doesn't mean anything for past DLC stages, Super Mario Maker and Pirate Ship are proof of this, so (almost) every returning stage not already in Sm4sh is back in the race again.
They never left the race imo.

The whole "music being in X stage means Y stage won't/can't come back" thing was stupid in the first place.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

The whole "music being in X stage means Y stage won't/can't come back" thing was stupid in the first place.
Yeah, never believed it as well, but there was a pretty big group who did. It's nice to finally have confirmation of it.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title

I wouldn't say it's stupid, the theory itself had a lot of merit because even the DLC stages up until now didn't share any music. The music theory was at least pretty much true for the initial launch stages. In regards to DLC, it does not help that Sakurai implied that there wasn't going to be a lot of stages when they first announced Hyrule Castle and Peach's Castle 64 either.

Wrong doesn't always mean stupid.

But it's the kind of theory that I am VERY glad it's debunked.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I wish they would let us use the Mario Maker elements in the Smash stage builder. Ice, conveyor belts, bricks, etc, that way we could recreate stages we liked.

It sucks seeing a layout you really like and realizing you'll never be able to play on it again.

D

Deleted member

The "music is already used in another stage" is the "ingame role" of stages and I'm glad it's finally dead

I really doubt Wii Fit will be ported to the 3DS version, Duck Hunt is an 8-Bit stage which makes it simple
Wii Fit has a ****ing giant mirror

One minor thing I love about the Viridi costume: the wig.
There is so much detail in that costume's hair physics.
Like, seriously. Unlike Palutena's floppy flat blanket for hair, Viridi's actually has individual sections that move.
It is incredibly fabulous.
I'm actually surprised at how much it moves around
It's just a Mii Costume for it to have such level of detail
And also, her "sword"

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Kongo Jungle 64 is definitely a possibility for the 3DS version given its simplicity. Onett is also fairly simple. Melee's Yoshi's Island could work as well.

Another stage that could work well on the 3DS version would be Mario Circuit from Brawl.

Other stages on the Wii U I think that could be on the 3DS would be Wii Fit Studio, Pac-Land, Castle Siege, Skyworld and maybe Halberd. Smashville could work as well, though likely at the expense of the cameos.

Port Town and the new Mario Circuit could work as well considering Rainbow Road works fine.
Wii Fit Studio is perfect considering :4wiifit:doesn't have a home stage on the 3DS unless you count Tomadachi Life.

Also Port Town on 3DS would be great.

Now for The Wii U the best choices are these

Corneria, Yoshi's Island, WarioWare, Brinstar, SNES Mute City, Pac-Maze and Arena Ferox

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The "music is already used in another stage" is the "ingame role" of stages and I'm glad it's finally dead

I really doubt Wii Fit will be ported to the 3DS version, Duck Hunt is an 8-Bit stage which makes it simple
Wii Fit has a ****ing giant mirror
The mirror excuse doesn't work anymore considering 8-Player Smash gets rid of the mirror. So they can just port the stage and have the trainers do poses in the background which isn't hard considering WarioWare works on 3DS

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
So....
No false post-patch leaks?
Like "Wolf was delayed because of the Star Fox Zero delay, but he is already ready and was cutted from the update".
I'm at a point where I find this kind of stuff nice even when it's obviously fake.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So I just found out thanks to Gamexplain that Pirate Ship has been given a graphical overhaul to look more like it does in Wind Waker HD.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
How long do you personally fell we still going to get DLC?
Depends on how much DLC we get.

I could see it ending by June 2016 IF we get more than two characters and they want to keep bringing back stages and make more Mii costumes.

Last edited:

Naoshi

How long do you personally fell we still going to get DLC?
I think until maybe midway next year. The ballot ends on October and they're probably going to make at least multiple newcomers with more stages to go with. They take a lot of time.

Naoshi

What are your guys opinion on a character in October?
It's possible I think. I wonder if they have been developing anyone during these times? If they do, it's likely a character at least not influenced solely by the ballot. Could be a vet, or a surprise newcomer ala Ryu.

Chances overall are pretty small though. But I could see a character announcement before the year ends.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Right now, I only expect two more characters and new stages.

Possibly Shovel Knight (rumors aren't confirmed yet, and WE DO NOT HAVE VIDEO EVIDENCE. If I was hoarding video evidence, I would say I'm 100% sure) and 1 more. The stage and character count that @shinyquagsire23 found line up perfectly now; 2, 2.

I think characters take an incredible amount of time to create. I was just reviewing the Smash for Development Timeline, and noticed that the pre-production stages took over a year. Sure they were creating a LOT more content but I could see DLC taking a lot of time to just prepare. Lucas and Roy reuse assets/moves from their previous games, so they took less time but they still had to be updated (more Roy than Lucas) to fit the new engine/ style.

The rest of the content is bound to be ballot. It's been mostly ballot choices. Hyrule Temple and Pirate Ship were heavily requested. Most of the costumes seem fairly popular characters (with some Sakurai choices thrown in).

I've lost my hope for Wolf. I shall howl at the moon.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Right now, I only expect two more characters and new stages.

Possibly Shovel Knight (rumors aren't confirmed yet, and WE DO NOT HAVE VIDEO EVIDENCE. If I was hoarding video evidence, I would say I'm 100% sure) and 1 more. The stage and character count that @shinyquagsire23 found line up perfectly now; 2, 2.

I think characters take an incredible amount of time to create. I was just reviewing the Smash for Development Timeline, and noticed that the pre-production stages took over a year. Sure they were creating a LOT more content but I could see DLC taking a lot of time to just prepare. Lucas and Roy reuse assets/moves from their previous games, so they took less time but they still had to be updated (more Roy than Lucas) to fit the new engine/ style.

The rest of the content is bound to be ballot. It's been mostly ballot choices. Hyrule Temple and Pirate Ship were heavily requested. Most of the costumes seem fairly popular characters (with some Sakurai choices thrown in).

What do you think Waddle Dee's chances are?

Naoshi

Wow I just learned that you can highlight a part of someone's post and then you can directly quote that segment for your post after clicking on the "Reply" part of the small pop up from the highlight. That's a super neat feature!

What do you think Waddle Dee's chances are?
Bandana Dee would be a cute little addition to the roster, but I feel his chances are really small. Moreso smaller if Push is right about just being 2 characters. I feel BDee has a lot of competition.

Strofirko

Smash Master
I didn't lost hope for wolf yet,but at the same time he can easily be overshadowed,at the first time on smash speculation,"character slots" really matter.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pretty harsh, but I can agree to an extent. He's skipped five chances at returning as of current(I count both character reveals and updates that had Mii costumes and/or stages) and was somehow outprioritized by Roy and Lucas. I do say to an extent because I still believe we can be surprised, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him getting the axe for good.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Just looked at every Yo-kai available that's going to be in the first game using the Yokai Land app. Lots of different Yo-kai, makes me want the game more.. :O

On another topic, What would be the reason why he didn't add Wolf, I find it strange.

D

Deleted member

New avatar.

I actually started playing the original Golden Sun earlier this year and Isaac's earth-shattering moveset potential has piqued my interest.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I seriously would like to see Wolf returning. Like, it's the only character I'd really like to see added through DLC.

I don't want to lose hope yet, but the fact we haven't had any character announcements since June is a bit worrisome.

D

Deleted member

I don't see us only getting 2 characters from the Ballot
They made a pretty big deal about it and there is no point in letting it run for 6 months if that was the case
I also, don't believe the Mario slots mean anything besides what they already are, placeholders
They don't plan every single piece of DLC ahead of time and it was probavly made just to have the slots already in there for when they add that number of characters
They added them once, don't see why they can't do it again

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
PushDustIn PushDustIn , actually I found something, when Sakurai said that they could only make "several characters" it actually translates to more than two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom