• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I went to a Dave and Buster's once: It wasn't that bad. Though money tends to run out very quickly, and while it could be due to the one I'm next to, I was disappointed in the lack of fighting games.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
You know what I don't understand...
If they prepared this update solely as a tie-in to Mario Maker...
Shouldn't have come out closer to it's release or before, like the Splatoon trophy did?

The timing of the update seems very very odd.
Splatoon came out 17 days before Wave 2. Super Mario Maker came out 19 days before the stage will.

Not really seeing a difference.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I went to a Dave and Buster's once: It wasn't that bad. Though money tends to run out very quickly, and while it could be due to the one I'm next to, I was disappointed in the lack of fighting games.
Let's be real, Blips and Chitz > Dave and Busters.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
New Source Gaming article is up:

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/27/music-to-smash-to-part-1-64/

It focuses on the use of music in Smash 64, so it's a little different than what we usually do, but I'm sure some of you will find it to be an interesting read.
I always enjoy anything relating to music!
Splatoon came out 17 days before Wave 2. Super Mario Maker came out 19 days before the stage will.

Not really seeing a difference.
nevermind.avi

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think there's any way to judge. We don't exactly have much to compare to, the only other proper character dump we've had (Mewtwo doesn't count as he was a bonus for buying both games) wasn't technically announced until 5 minutes before it was available to download.
The difference to me is that, for Roy and Ryu, we had a full weeks warning that we would see a Smash Direct. We don't even have the announcement of an announcement now.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Here's something to pass the time, if all current 3rd party series got a second character who do you think it will be and (if different) who do you want it to be? LEt's include Metal Gear too for completion's sake.

Sonic
Want: Blaze
Expect: Tails
Explanation: A lot of people will say Eggman but I think Sega is more liable to push their playable characters. Blaze is my favorite but Tails has been having a lot more prominence in Sonic's recent games, even if not playable.

Mega Man
Want: Roll
Expect: Zero
Explanation: After Marvel vs Mega Man feels incomplete without Roll to me but Zero is the only non-Mega Man to get his own spin-off series (as opposed to Tron Bonne's one game)

Pac-Man (Assuming the Pac-Man series doubles as NAmco arcade in general)
Want: Dig-Dug
Expect: Valkire
Explanation: Dig-Dug is a classic but Valkire seems to be a secondary mascot for Namco. Especially in Japan.

Street Fighter
Want and expect: Chun-li
Explanation: Chun-li has been in almost as many games as Ryu and is THE iconic female fighter.

Metal Gear
Want and expect: Raiden
Explanation: Unless they want to rename the original to SOLID Snake to get Big Boss/Naked Snake in there...
Sonic
Want: Knuckles
Expect: Tails
Explanation: Tails is easily the 2nd most recognizable character, and one of my favorites, but Knuckles beats him in that aspect. I also would like Eggman.

Mega Man
Want: N/A. Protoman??
Expect: Protoman
Explanation: I could just as much see Zero happening, but I'm assuming we're limited to one character. I don't care for Megaman that much, even though I respect it a ton, so I'm not sure who'd get in.

Pac-Man/Namco Arcade
Want: The little Taiko orange guy
Expect: Dig Dug
Explanation: Taiko guy is really cute, and Dig Dug is cool as well, and is most likely the 2nd Namco Arcade rep imo.

Street Fighter
Want: Zangief
Expect: Chun-Li
I'm not big on Street Fighter, like Megaman, but Zangief is really funny. Chun-Li is cool too, and the 2nd most popular character imo

Metal Gear
Want: Big Boss
Expect: Big Boss
I am working on a Big Boss moveset for Crusade right now, and he can be a LOT different from Snake. I guess Raiden would be cool too, but he was the protagonist of 2 games, one not on a Nintendo console; Big Boss is the protagonist of 4, one of which is on a Nintendo console.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Interesting list.

I can get behind 5, 4 and 3.
His reasoning on 2 is honestly pretty dumb, and 1 I can only PARTIALLY agree with.

This list has Nuts and Bolts. I am naturally happy with this list.

Although another reminder I need to play star fox adventures :/
The only unforgivable crime Nuts and Bolts makes is slapping Banjo and Kazooie in it to boost sales when the game has nothing to do with the series.
If you were to make it an entirely original IP then it would not get NEARLY as much hate. It's fun as hell, especially in multiplayer.
Same with Adventures. If companies like Rare just realized that slapping a well known IP on a game that plays nothing like its predecessor will only serve to make people angry, they'd be much better off.
If Splatoon and such is any indication, new IPs are not hopeless.

Last edited:

Chrono.

This list has Nuts and Bolts. I am naturally happy with this list.

Although another reminder I need to play star fox adventures :/
I gotta replay it, last time I did was when I was a young lad.

I loved the game back then and I wanna see how well it holds up now.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I thought these games were more liked than the recent RE entries? (5 and 6 mainly)
Yeah I don't really see much hate for Revelations 1 or 2... if anything they just aren't talked about as much.

D

Deleted member

First of all, new avatar featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series Tails, Knuckles, Eggman, and Zero.

Secondly, if each third party franchise got a second character...

Metal Gear
Expect and Want: Raiden never appeared on a Nintendo console outside of cameos, so Big Boss it is.

Sonic
Expect and Want: Tails, Knuckles, or Eggman, hence 3/4 of the characters on my avatar.

Mega Man
Expect and Want: Zero for being one of the most prominent characters in the series behind the Blue Bomber himself. He was also a blast to play as in his recent fighting game appearances.

Pac-Man
Expect and Want: Ms. Pac-Man.

Street Fighter
Expect and Want: Ken or Chun-Li. A more obscure pick in terms of want would be Karin, but I think Ken and Chun-Li deserve it more. I'd also list Guy under want, but he's technically a Final Fight character.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I thought these games were more liked than the recent RE entries? (5 and 6 mainly)
Yeah, but they still get a lot of flak for not being like the first few games. It's more that I feel like Revelations 2 doesn't get enough credit, I guess.
Even as a devout fan of the REmake (the crown jewel of the franchise) I still love Rev 1 & 2.
More than RE4, in fact.

EDIT: Actually there was a lot of hate for Revelations 2. I was part of a RE subforum where people complained it a lot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Interesting list.

I love Call of Duty, and it's awful how much hate it gets. The games are super polished and just a fun arcade shooter.

If you try to take them too seriously, you're not gonna like them.

D

Deleted member

COD is fun, the problem is how milked the series is
I can have fun playing any of the games but I certainly wouldn't buy every new game that gets released every year
Much like AC, though after 3, it got really boring imo

There was a problem fetching the tweet
lol

CoD was fun for me until MW2. I thought MW was godlike and World at War was pretty damn good too. MW2 just stopped being fun really soon.

D

Deleted member

I wonder what the reactions would be if Rayman, Banjo & Kazooie and Snake were all revealed.
Crashboards
Then mass hysteria
After that we have a Shovel Knight argument(it's like Swamp in the title now, we need one everyday)
Some conspiracy theories regarding Snake and Banjo
Something something Konami doesn't deserve a character
Something something Omni renders
Then we can play with them after the E-Shop servers work
lol

CoD was fun for me until MW2. I thought MW was godlike and World at War was pretty damn good too. MW2 just stopped being fun really soon.
"What Kong will it be for?"
I really, REALLY want it to be Lanky Kong
Please Omni, allow this to happen

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Interesting list.

Disagree on his CoD choice really.
CoD's only high point for me after Modern Warfare was Zombies. And they even screwed that up in Black Ops 2.

He could have ended Number 2 after pretty much saying that the hate for GZ is because of it's pricing and the length of the main op.

D

Deleted member

COD is fun, the problem is how milked the series is
I can have fun playing any of the games but I certainly wouldn't buy every new game that gets released every year
Much like AC, though after 3, it got really boring imo
I havent bought a CoD since blops 2, I'm thinking of buying this year's because i love the treyarch games

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
He's optional and really easy. Especially by Souls standards.
Yeah, yeah. Not having a shield automatically makes it all harder for me.

And yes, I'm talking about Cleric Beast. I didn't know it was optional, though knowing the Souls games, I suppose I should have clarified.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I have a lot of beef with Call of Duty. The gameplay is mediocre, and inspires boredom extremely quickly. It lacks any heart or memorable moments. It's just completely mindless. And on top of it, they gouge their fans pockets with yearly releases that show minimal improvements.

I realize that it's kind of hypocritical of me to be excited for WWE 2K16, but I think yearly sports games are different, and screw you. Jim Neidhart hasn't been in one of these games in 9 years.

The shooter genre in general has been tedious and bordering the generic for some time now. Even Gears of War started trying to milk the customers with Judgement. Though GOW has a lot to redeem it. Mostly because on top of sharp and enjoyable gameplay, the main game has beyond incredible stories. Some of the scenes throughout it will stick with you forever.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Er... I don't really want to start anything, but I found something neat on twitter.
SENPAI NOTICED ME.
No offense but making that post of yours in the first place wasn't even a bright idea to begin with.

So please stop, you're only making us look worse by doing this.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well, the leaker also claims that this is a promotional thing to tie into Crash's inclusion into Smash 4. So...
that's the reason we're mostly covering it :p.

It doesn't. It only effects the screenshot of the electronic manual taken earlier.
Ah, I see. I'll take that as a weird detail, but I'm still interested in watching this for now. Anyway, anyone think they may announce something today? That fake leak may be fake, but maybe they do plan on doing sometime like it said.( which was that starting the 27th, each day leading to the update would have new content announced.)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
lol

I have a feeling it's Kiddy.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Stuff like CoD and yearly sports games never were never appealing to me. Those games look boring.

Also, I heard that Sony isn't wanting to make a PS Vita successor. They say it's because of mobile gaming.

Not that PS Vita doesn't have games. It has plenty of Japanese games... That stay in Japan. lol

Does this mean that Nintendo will once more be the only handheld console manufacturer?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't think there's any way to judge. We don't exactly have much to compare to, the only other proper character dump we've had (Mewtwo doesn't count as he was a bonus for buying both games) wasn't technically announced until 5 minutes before it was available to download.
We had a stream announcement before then, though. It wasn't exactly "OK HERE THEY ARE, NOW GO DOWNLOAD!". It was "We're announcing new content. Watch the stream in a couple days".

We've gotten nothing like that thus far. There's never been a case where they've just dumped a character onto the eShop unannounced.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
lol

well judging by the mouth and the color blue my guess would be...kiddy kong (known in some countries as dinky kong...no really look it up)

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I have a lot of beef with Call of Duty. The gameplay is mediocre, and inspires boredom extremely quickly. It lacks any heart or memorable moments. It's just completely mindless. And on top of it, they gouge their fans pockets with yearly releases that show minimal improvements.

I realize that it's kind of hypocritical of me to be excited for WWE 2K16, but I think yearly sports games are different, and screw you. Jim Neidhart hasn't been in one of these games in 9 years.

The shooter genre in general has been tedious and bordering the generic for some time now. Even Gears of War started trying to milk the customers with Judgement. Though GOW has a lot to redeem it. Mostly because on top of sharp and enjoyable gameplay, the main game has beyond incredible stories. Some of the scenes throughout it will stick with you forever.
Dude, I can't fault you for liking wrestling games, they are ****ing awesome.
And I don't even like wrestling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom