• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@Parallel_Falchion
I beat Bloodborne. Envy me. :D

Also, question for you guys... I am gonna get Project Zero 5: Maiden of Black Waters. I want the Limited edition. But, this LOOKS like a limited edition: http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel...aiden_of_black_water?atcl=product:suggestions , but it doesn't mention if it is or not. Is it?

And this instead says it is a Limited edition: http://cdon.se/spel/project_zero:_m...ontent=34967946&utm_campaign=prisjakt_se_game
But it doesn't say what it contains, while still showing a Big Box version.

I was just confused about this. I want limited editions, and I am not sure which of these to buy now. D:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Bloodborne is hard. I can't beat the first boss.

The first freaking boss.

And I've beaten Dark Souls 1 and 2.
Man, I want to play Bloodborne sooooo bad.
But getting a PS4 right now could not be a bigger waste of money. :(
Hell yeah Bloodborne and...tons of remasters...>.>

Who would Sony's mascot even be these days? I wish it was Ratchet and Clank. They'd be amazing in Smash.

It seems that to be a third party rep in Smash you need either an 8 or 16 bit sprite.

Sonic, Megaman, Pac, Ryu...

Butt Butt.
Sony's mascot is Ratchet and Clank now.
While Uncharted was their biggest series, I'm pretty sure Ratchet and Clank is the actual mascot (like Capcom with Mega Man and Street Fighter/Resident Evil)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I JUST WANT AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THE SMASH ANNOUNCEMENT MAYBE!

Also Pandora's Tower is hard.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's going to be seriously strange if all we get is that stage.

Is the stage really going to be that expansive?

It can't be all they've been working on since releasing the last fighters and costumes.

D

Deleted member

I still think we're going to get Mii Costumea
Probably tomorrow unless we get the announcement of a stream or something
Then I'll bet on a character

Last edited by a moderator:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
It's going to be seriously strange if all we get is that stage.

Is the stage really going to be that expansive?

It can't be all they've been working on since releasing the last fighters and costumes.
Remember that 3 days later, the ballot closes. They may be saving the other stuff they worked on for release with characters.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Remember that 3 days later, the ballot closes. They may be saving the other stuff they worked on for release with characters.
Then why not just hold Mario Maker until that stuff is ready?

Releasing Mario Maker by itself doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord

They could be shipping a smaller update to prepare for a bigger one next month.
I'd wager they've been working on characters too, but they're not going to be in the next update.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done

I guess it could be a ''The game is out!" type deal.

But it just seems oddly unlike Sakurai to release one piece of DLC. There's always been one or more items in Smash DLC past Mewtwo's ''test' DLC.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I made something.
If I didn't have plans for my next avatar I'd probably use it lol
demise, I....png

Relevant because I'm hoping for a Ghirahim Mii Fighter costume this update.
Or, y'know, just playable Ghirahim, but even as a "Assist Trophies aren't disconfirmed" guy I think that ship has sailed. :/

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'm just saying, it'd be awesome if they drop the character announcement mere minutes before they go live for sale.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
And I just realized didn't Mewtwo not come alone when he was released for everyone and not just Club Nintendo users?

Wasn't that when the first set of Mii Costumes was released, with him?

Am I remembering that correctly?

Because as far as I can recall Sakurai has yet to only release ONE SINGLE thing in a typical DLC situation.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Bloodborne is hard. I can't beat the first boss.

The first freaking boss.

And I've beaten Dark Souls 1 and 2.
Father Gascoigne? I barely beat him on the first try.
He's extremely weak to Molotovs. Even more so in Beast form. Also shoot him when he's attacking as a Beast and you can do Visceral Attacks to follow up.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So did I miss anything since last night?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And I just realized didn't Mewtwo not come alone when he was released for everyone and not just Club Nintendo users?

Wasn't that when the first set of Mii Costumes was released, with him?

Am I remembering that correctly?

Because as far as I can recall Sakurai has yet to only release ONE SINGLE thing in a typical DLC situation.
Mii Fighter outfits have been in all DLC releases so far, so you're right.

Wave 1: Mewtwo + Mii Fighter outfits
Wave 2: Lucas + Roy + Ryu and Suzaku Castle stage + Dream Land 64 + Mii Fighter outfits (Miiverse stage on the Wii U was also included for free on the patch)
Wave 3: Peach's Castle 64 + Hyrule Castle 64 + Mii Fighter outfits (Tournament mode and YouTube replays are added to the Wii U version as well)

The upcoming wave only has the Super Mario Maker stage announced, but considering previous DLC announcements...
Wave 1: Mewtwo
Wave 2: Lucas (the rest was revealed on the release day through a Direct)
Wave 3: Peach's Castle 64 + Hyrule Castle 64 (the Mii Fighter outfits were revealed shortly before the release date)

At the very least, the upcoming wave will only have the Super Mario Maker stage and a bunch of Mii costumes. However, it's possible they'll make some surprise announcements shortly before the release date. Perhaps tomorrow or Tuesday.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm just saying, it'd be awesome if they drop the character announcement mere minutes before they go live for sale.
I hope the servers are prepared. It took me like 3 hours on the eshop to be able to get Ryu, Roy and Lucas last time.

Still~Wolf

Embwace Twanquility
Father Gascoigne? I barely beat him on the first try.
He's extremely weak to Molotovs. Even more so in Beast form. Also shoot him when he's attacking as a Beast and you can do Visceral Attacks to follow up.
I think he may have meant the Cleric Beast. Most consider him the first boss, I think.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I hope the servers are prepared. It took me like 3 hours on the eshop to be able to get Ryu, Roy and Lucas last time.
I have seen multiple cases of people who accidentally added $100+ because they were having server trouble and kept clicking "add funds."

It was pretty funny.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though one thought, if this comes with a balance patch we need to have some pre-patch footage of things we think will change for comparison videos.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I have seen multiple cases of people who accidentally added $100+ because they were having server trouble and kept clicking "add funds."

It was pretty funny.
This is a reason why I add funds to my 3DS a few days before the DLC releases. :p

The other being that as soon as the DLC is out, I can get the stuff right away. :chuckle:

Note that this never happened to me before, but I wouldn't consider wise trying to make online payments in a site that isn't completely functional at the moment.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Debbie amiibo for Hyrule Warriors Legends when
Or just a Hyrule Warriors amiibo line in general!
They probably passed on it because they wanted to make every Warrior (like the Smash Bros. line) but didn't want to spend the money to make them all :/

If they did do it though:
Hyrule Warriors Amiibo Line:

Wave 1: Link, Zelda, Lana, Ganondorf, Impa, Midna
Wave 2: Sheik, Darunia, Ruto, Fi, Ghirahim, Zant
Wave 3: Tingle, Agitha, Twili Midna, Young Link, Cia, Volga, Wizzro
Wave 4: Tetra, King of Hyrule, Toon Link, [whoever else they add in Legends]

"Oh by the way, there's like Shovel Knight and ****. He's out now"

Last edited:

Soul.

Pretty sure everyone will have a way to know what has changed and what hasn't. Doesn't "new patch Wii U, previous patch 3DS" help at all?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

It was pretty funny.
I had to go in and talk to the bank the following day to make sure they didn't take multiple payments as I got kicked out at least twice when they were in the middle of taking the payment.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Perhaps I should add the funds as soon as the next hypothetical Direct gets announced. Even though I didn't really had any payment issues during the big patch, it's probably for the best to be safe than sorry....

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm watching the Pokémon Go conference... Damn, it was sad to see that the trailer was dedicated in memory of Satoru Iwata, who had worked on the project. It's not common to see such a thing in a game trailer. :(

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
What if they kept character as a surprise and you wouldn't know who it is unless downloaded it and played it.
Wouldn't work as you'd be paying for something on the eshop that you didn't know about. The only way it would work is if it was a free download.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's something to pass the time, if all current 3rd party series got a second character who do you think it will be and (if different) who do you want it to be? LEt's include Metal Gear too for completion's sake.

Sonic
Want: Blaze
Expect: Tails
Explanation: A lot of people will say Eggman but I think Sega is more liable to push their playable characters. Blaze is my favorite but Tails has been having a lot more prominence in Sonic's recent games, even if not playable.

Mega Man
Want: Roll
Expect: Zero
Explanation: After Marvel vs Mega Man feels incomplete without Roll to me but Zero is the only non-Mega Man to get his own spin-off series (as opposed to Tron Bonne's one game)

Pac-Man (Assuming the Pac-Man series doubles as NAmco arcade in general)
Want: Dig-Dug
Expect: Valkire
Explanation: Dig-Dug is a classic but Valkire seems to be a secondary mascot for Namco. Especially in Japan.

Street Fighter
Want and expect: Chun-li
Explanation: Chun-li has been in almost as many games as Ryu and is THE iconic female fighter.

Metal Gear
Want and expect: Raiden
Explanation: Unless they want to rename the original to SOLID Snake to get Big Boss/Naked Snake in there...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I was thinking about Young Link's possible return, and I came up with some interesting ideas:

- He'd be a sort of middle point between Link and Toon Link in regards to speed and attack power. Not as fast as Toon Link, but still fast, but with a little more attack power than him.
- Up Smash would be three strikes, just like Link. However, it wouldn't combo like Link. Each strike would have around the same power as Toon Link's up Smash.
- Spin Attack can be charged and deals multiple hits, just like Toon Link. Bombs would work like Link's, but a bit weaker and lighter (can be thrown further). Boomerang would be like Toon Link's or Link's custom side Special #2.
- Fire Bow would work like how it did in Melee rather than working like Toon Link's version.
- Down aerial wouldn't be a stall-and-fall (like Link), but would have roughly the same attack power as Toon Link's.
- He would use kicking moves for the neutral and back aerials, just like Link.
- Similar to characters like Pit or Robin, and just like Link in Melee, he'd have both an infinite jab or a three strike jab depending if the button is pressed repeatedly or hold down. Of course, as per mechanic changes in Smash 4, the infinite jab would have a finisher.
- The overall design would be based on Majora's Mask, including the designs of the items that appear in said game, using Ocarina of Time designs for items that don't.
- Taunts: up would be the same as Melee (drinking milk), side would have him wear a Keaton Mask and take it off (similar to Lucina's down taunt), down would have him play Saria's Song on the Ocarina of Time.
- Final Smash would have him transform into Fierce Deity Link, in which attack power would be greatly boosted and invincibility would be granted. His sword attacks would also fire short ranged beams.

I don't believe this is going to happen anyway, but I admit it was fun to imagine possible changes for the character and ways to make him stand out from both Link and Toon Link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom