• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
i can only think of two reasons as to why it was not removed if real. 1) this leak isn't super out there yet, so they may let it be on the downlow for now. 2) Removing it, would prove everything and unleash a major surprise earlier than anticipated.

Either way, I'll stay neutral for now, but would love these to happen.
Nintendo had no qualms removing the ESRB leak videos showing Shulk and Bowser Jr, effectively confirming a major surprise earlier than anticipated.

I don't see the differences here.

The leaker has also questioned that.
EDIT: Apparently they are getting calls from Nintendo who is suspicious but no other action from Nintendo has occured.
Why calls? That just sounds so out of place.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nintendo had no qualms removing the ESRB leak videos showing Shulk and Bowser Jr, effectively confirming a major surprise earlier than anticipated.

Might have to do with leaker supposedly once working for Nintendo. From what I've inferred, the leaker lost their job there.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Yeah, there's some things that don't add up. However, its not like the prospect of them putting the Crash GBA games on VC is out of the question.

Great to know all this is happening as I'm going through a Crash marathon. Found my PS2 a while back, and have just been blazing through them ever since. Really fun games.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well don't forget, the Wii U is open to hacking and people can use caffine to mod games. VC injection was just figured out, so its possible this is fake.
Yooo imagine playing Sonic Mega Mix on the Wii U :O

Might have to do with leaker supposedly once working for Nintendo. From what I've inferred, the leaker lost their job there.
So TL;DR its one of those "I used to work at Nintendo, so here is my revenge for getting fired leaks"? :smirk:

Chrono.

How would a phone call even solve anything?

"Hey yeah are you leaking my stuff because I'm seeing it on Youtube right now and it's public but I just wanna make su--Hello??"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yooo imagine playing Sonic Mega Mix on the Wii U :O

So TL;DR its one of those "I used to work at Nintendo, so here is my revenge for getting fired leaks"? :smirk:
Probably, though there's no mention of revenge.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Eh...

How would a phone call even solve anything?
...this is more in line with my thoughts.

"Hey, we're sorry you lost your job, could you take that video down, pretty please?"

Nothing a phone call can cause is faster than a takedown notice.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
So the leaker is claiming Crash will be in the game along with VC as a sort of cross promotion. I could potentally see that happening. They did that when Pac-Man was announced, so I could see it happening again. Although, I don't buy this leak at all (even though Crash is my second most wanted unrealistic character.)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This is very true, the ERSB leak was much bigger and spread like wildfire, there was no way to even try and make it seem fake, so they just erased the physical evidence, it was to late then though. This is why I feel that if this is real, my first thought makes the most sense. This is the only spot I've seen these discussed, the "leak" isn't really out there yet, so why go after it immediately? To me, it would be similar to gematsu. It was merely a text leak, that sparked debate and because of it's in-consistences , they didn't need to outright go after Sal ramono, so it stayed neutral across the fan base. This could be a similar scenario here.

D

Deleted member

So the leaker is claiming Crash will be in the game along with VC as a sort of cross promotion. I could potentally see that happening. They did that when Pac-Man was announced, so I could see it happening again. Although, I don't buy this leak at all (even though Crash is my second most wanted unrealistic character.)
I find it funny people have their most wanted characters and then their most wanted unrealistic characters when I only have unrealistic wants haha :'^)
This is very true, the ERSB leak was much bigger and spread like wildfire, there was no way to even try and make it seem fake, so they just erased the physical evidence, it was to late then though. This is why I feel that if this is real, my first thought makes the most sense. This is the only spot I've seen these discussed, the "leak" isn't really out there yet, so why go after it immediately? To me, it would be similar to gematsu. It was merely a text leak, that sparked debate and because of it's in-consistences , they didn't need to outright go after Sal ramono, so it stayed neutral across the fan base. This could be a similar scenario here.
Or they didn't do anything to Gematsu because it was fak--*shot*

D

Deleted member

I bet the leak that actually turns out real will be that Scizor one.
11/10 would buy again
7.8/10 too much cool
4/10 bullet punch op pls nerf
9/10 The story of the Pokemon with the scissor arms, looking for who killed her father

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Shovel Knight made up 2% of the global votes according the mass collection of polls https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/htmlview#
Many characters that have been voted on have been campaigned on sites like SWF for years.....even decades long. SK was not even released until after E3 last year. The fact is, this poll is finally the chance to deliver a "fan service" character. A character that fans have been asking for years.....even decades. Delivering a one year old character is not fan service. Too many people jumped on the SK bandwagon because of him being fresh and new at the time. If the poll was released any other year, it would be a different character that fits in this bandwagon spot. If SK gets in, many longtime Nintendo fans will feel defeated by a hip character that only got in because of relevant momentum rather than importance.

All the clues seem to point to the SK rumor being true, and based on Push and Neo Zero's support, I'd say its probably going to happen.
It's a suggestion box, not a popularity contest. I can't believe I still have to say this at the very end of the ballot's lifespan.

As for the latter part.....while I do agree that the rumor has a lot going for it and could very well be true, Neo and Push's support isn't really a valid reason. Neo, in particular, has been wrong in the past. Nintendo of Japan employee confirming Ridley and others as playable?

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I find it funny people have their most wanted characters and then their most wanted unrealistic characters when I only have unrealistic wants haha :'^)
Crash Bandicoot and Spyro were my childhood. If you can't already tell, I'm a Sony fanboy by heart. The PS1 was my first console ever and had some amazing titles in my opinion.

I eventually started growing away from Sony after awhile and fell in love with Nintendo. Even though Nintendo is my favorite gaming company of all time, Sony is still close to my heart.

Crash getting into Smash would invoke a lot of Nostalgia to me. Even though I said before there are characters I don't want for Smash, there are always ones that are super unrealistic that you still want to join the fray. Crash and Spyro were those characters for me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Or they didn't do anything to Gematsu because it was fak--*shot*
"And zoroarking was never seen again, and disappeared with the rest of their companions from their X and Y nuzlocke"

I'm still on team gematsu was real, but outdated.

Oh and that scizor leak may be fake, but I would love scizzor in smash. Maybe he will be in pokken instead though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Good news everyone! Mewtwo may not be a Toys R Us exclusive as some people predicted.
Cool, I'm glad, as I have no Toy's R Us stores need me and really want mewtwo. I don't think any DLC should be exclusive amiibo wise. I hope I can get mewtwo when he releases.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Welp. Here's some more evidence for the leak being fake.
upload_2015-9-26_23-55-44.png

The games were apparently distributed by Konami in Japan. In the electronic manual, the small line of text at the bottom of the cover is blurry. What this user is saying is if it said Activision, the text would have to be moved one more line down.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I would go hard as Scizor like crazy.

He was a badass Pokemon and one I always wanted on my team (never had anyone to trade for with)

I was so desperate for him to be in Melee but alas he was a Pokeball.

Probably would have been a better choice over Pichu

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Welp. Here's some more evidence for the leak being fake.
View attachment 75323
The games were apparently distributed by Konami in Japan. In the electronic manual, the small line of text at the bottom of the cover is blurry. What this user is saying is if it said Activision, the text would have to be moved one more line down.
I'm a bit confused, how does this difference in promotional art affect the video?

Scizor would have made a better Pikachu clone thrown in to beef up the roster than Pichu?
I am now laughing at imaging scizzor fighting and acting like pichu in smash.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
...Whoa, Crash Bandycurt on VC? Uh...ok, cool.
Well, the leaker also claims that this is a promotional thing to tie into Crash's inclusion into Smash 4. So...
that's the reason we're mostly covering it :p.

I'm a bit confused, how does this difference in promotional art affect the video?
It doesn't. It only effects the screenshot of the electronic manual taken earlier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom