• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's best to just expect the Super Mario Maker stage and maybe Mii outfits.

Unless they announce something else, it's best to not raise expectations too much.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are the decisive days in regards to this.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I agree, the lack of any additional details this close to release isn't convincing me there's more real DLC.

If nothing comes up tomorrow, I'll give up.

D

Deleted member

Honestly, I'm starting to doubt we will even get Mii Costumes
Three days remain and we haven't got anything yet
These two weeks went by really fast and there was not a single announcement

Chrono.

Starting with wave 2 each DLC has been progressively less than the last now that I think about it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's best to just expect the Super Mario Maker stage and maybe Mii outfits.

Unless they announce something else, it's best to not raise expectations too much.

Tomorrow and Tuesday are the decisive days in regards to this.
The only reasoning I am still holding on to more than that, is because of the picture @Neo Zero shared, that showed they had done a poor job t removing a second stage from the SSS. While it could just be a second stage and nothing more, I still kind of hope it is something tied to a new character.

D

Deleted member

Ok, real talk tho, whatever happened to the friend button
I remember it existing last year but at some point it hust vanished
What was the reason to take it out?
Starting with wave 2 each DLC has been progressively less than the last now that I think about it.
There was only a single wave after 2...

Chrono.

Ok, real talk tho, whatever happened to the friend button
I remember it existing last year but at some point it hust vanished
What was the reason to take it out?

There was only a single wave after 2...
Should've clarified but I'm assuming that SMM and some Miis really are all we end up getting.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, Junji Ito (a well-known horror manga author) was involved in the cancelled Silent Hills game.

So, they had:
1. Hideo Kojima, a well-known video game designer
2. Guillermo del Toro, well-known for horror movies
3. Junji Ito, a well-known horror manga author

Working on a horror video game. Basically, a dream team of people familiar with either gaming or the horror genre.

What does Konami do? Cancel the project, because muh mobile games and muh pachinko machines. #KonamiLogic

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
So, Junji Ito (a well-known horror manga author) was involved in the cancelled Silent Hills game.

So, they had:

Working on a horror video game. Basically, a dream team of people familiar with either gaming or the horror genre.

What does Konami do? Cancel the project, because muh mobile games and muh pachinko machines. #KonamiLogic
Konami is the enemy of the industry

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
We had a stream announcement before then, though. It wasn't exactly "OK HERE THEY ARE, NOW GO DOWNLOAD!". It was "We're announcing new content. Watch the stream in a couple days".

We've gotten nothing like that thus far. There's never been a case where they've just dumped a character onto the eShop unannounced.
Yeah, that's true. I wouldn't rule out a special presentation reveal announced on Tuesday for Wednesday though. We've had 1 day notice on directs in the past.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
lol

CoD was fun for me until MW2. I thought MW was godlike and World at War was pretty damn good too. MW2 just stopped being fun really soon.
it will be better if it was Donkey Kong jr. he doesnt have any HD renders but sadly it will be Dixie Kong. a character who already has tons of HD renders...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

So, they had:

So it's essentially the Chrono Trigger team that never happened. :p

Last edited:

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
We had a stream announcement before then, though. It wasn't exactly "OK HERE THEY ARE, NOW GO DOWNLOAD!". It was "We're announcing new content. Watch the stream in a couple days".

We've gotten nothing like that thus far. There's never been a case where they've just dumped a character onto the eShop unannounced.
I think I'm essentially saying the same thing that Anvil said that you're responding to in the first place, but...

The New Content Approaching video was an E3 event, so the way they marketed it that was not necessarily the same way that we will get the next character announcement. Releasing it at the same time they're announcing it would cut down on eShop traffic, which was a real issue with the last fighter release, because less people would be on there buying it at once. Us hardcore folks will obviously be watching around the update time, but not all fans will be.

Also, since there have only been two releases for fighters, in my opinion they haven't done this enough for us to be able to say they will or won't do something.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Yeah, that's true. I wouldn't rule out a special presentation reveal announced on Tuesday for Wednesday though. We've had 1 day notice on directs in the past.
That's why I said I think the chances lessen, and not that they've outright disappeared.

I still think it's a real possibility. I'm just not as sure of it as I thought I was when the stage was first announced and the website's image filename was found to be out of order.

I think I'm essentially saying the same thing that Anvil said that you're responding to in the first place, but...

The New Content Approaching video was an E3 event, so the way they marketed it that was not necessarily the same way that we will get the next character announcement. Releasing it at the same time they're announcing it would cut down on eShop traffic, which was a real issue with the last fighter release, because less people would be on there buying it at once. Us hardcore folks will obviously be watching around the update time, but not all fans will be.

Also, since there have only been two releases for fighters, in my opinion they haven't done this enough for us to be able to say they will or won't do something.
It's not just fighters. They've never released DLC in that manner. Ever.

The fact that it was an E3 event is irrelevant. Every DLC character has been announced on a stream, regardless of whether it was months in advance or minutes in advance. There's no precedent to what you're proposing, and thus no good reason to think it's a possibility.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I highly doubt were getting a character at this point.The update is 3 days from now and we have no sign of a smash direct or annoucement.We are just getting a stage and there's nothing wrong with that in my eyes

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Honestly it's not even in the realms of possibility for them to not even announce a presentation, they could just dump the presentation on youtube and say "these characters are out now, or whenever]". The go home Mario Kart direct was just dumped on youtube with no warning.

Nintendo, and moreover Sakurai are extremely hard to predict. I agree with Burb Burb that the longer we go without anything announced that the chances lessen though.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Even if we don't get anything else, that Mario Maker stage is still amazing.

Besides, I can wait. My patience for Smash related information only applies during Pre Smash release. :p

D

Deleted member

Honestly it's not even in the realms of possibility for them to not even announce a presentation, they could just dump the presentation on youtube and say "these characters are out now, or whenever]". The go home Mario Kart direct was just dumped on youtube with no warning.

Nintendo, and moreover Sakurai are extremely hard to predict. I agree with Burb Burb that the longer we go without anything announced that the chances lessen though.
You must be out of your mind to think they would just casually announce stuff like th--
*Pac-Man*
Nevermind

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You must be out of your mind to think they would just casually announce stuff like th--
*Pac-Man*
Nevermind
Two things about that though: The first is that I'm pretty sure Burb was strictly talking about DLC in that regard, so he wasn't focusing on the pre-release reveals. The second is that said event that Pac-Man was announced at was the Smash Roundtable, which we were still given a heads up on a few days beforehand.

D

Deleted member

OH MY GOD IT'S RIDLEY FREDDY

Yes, I'm aware this is fake. Just wanted to revisit an old gag of mine.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not even a fan of horror games and didn't really care about the game, but knowing stuff about Silent Hills and how much of a dream team project it was makes me infuriated.

D

Deleted member

Gags aside, I have a legitimate question.

If hypothetically, FNAF had a Wii U release (a Japanese port is optional), do you guys think Freddy would be among the top requests for Smash DLC?

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
We passed upon the stair, spoke of was and when
Although he wasn't there, he said I was his friend
Which came as some surprise
I spoke into his eyes
Oh no
Not me
I never lost control
You're face
to face
With the Man who Sold Smash Bros.

He *laughed* and shook my hand
I made my way back home
I searched for leaks and data, for weeks and weeks I roamed
I gazed a gazely stare at all the Smashers here
We must have died alone, a long long time ago

Who knows? Not me
We never lost control
You're face
to face
With The Man Who Sold Smash Bros

Sakurai give us info or I'll botch more David Bowie songs

D

Deleted member

If hypothetically, FNAF had a Wii U release (a Japanese port is optional), do you guys think Freddy would be among the top requests for Smash DLC?
No, bad golen
Don't talk about things like that in here
Now go back to your corner and think about what you just did

Chrono.

I think he'd have a decent following if that were the case.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
In all seriousness...

I'm still betting pretty heavily on a second stage on the 30th. They just might not announce it because Nintendo's been mostly low-key as of late and a retro stage might not be worth a whole video.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

While I doubt he would be possible myself, I'm sure he'd get a boost in request. I'd go as far as to say maybe more than Shovel Knight.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think he'd have a decent following if that were the case.
I would even argue he'd give Butt Butt a run for his money.

Not because of the whole "series has more games" logic, but because even as cringe worthy as the FNAF fanbase can be, it would probably overwhelm the Shovel Knight fanbase.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

The Smash bandwagon generated from that I'm willing to bet would crush Shantae's and rival Shovel Knight's(at worst) in a matter of weeks if not days.

Because the FNAF fanbase is that loud. And big.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
OH MY GOD IT'S RIDLEY FREDDY

Yes, I'm aware this is fake. Just wanted to revisit an old gag of mine.
No, bad golen
Don't talk about things like that in here
Now go back to your corner and think about what you just did
pfft you didn't use this:

In all seriousness, I hope FNAF never touches my wii u or 3ds for that matter. Not that Freddy would get in anyway, plus he already has plenty of miiverse requests in the ballot.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Pfftahahaha, you oblivious maggots.

While everyone was going crazy over the ballot and muhspeculation, Sakurai actually did make a comment about our favorite haunted robotic bear.

If you thought that was real for even a second then I don't know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom