• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

.....why I feel he do it as if it was intended to be THIS much ironic?
Thing is, he deleted his former twitter post when someone commented that on the second twitter post. So it wasn't intentional lmao.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I love the 1111 builds for all the Miis. I main all 3 of them, and I went to a tournament where they where banned simply because the Wii-U didnt have them set up, which saddened me. Theyre pretty well balanced imo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Miis should be banned because they're goddam Miis and I hate them and they're stupid.

But a more logical, more rational person might perhaps say they should be included, as all characters on the roster that aren't absurdly broken should be allowed.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
I know this is wishful thinking, but I would love to see Reiji from Namco X Capcom be a Mii Swordfighter. I don't know why, but Reiji suddenly became my favorite character overall. Plus he has been showing up on Nintendo systems. Well, handheld-wise. Speaking of which, I think they are gonna focus on Reiji and Xiaomu more in the sequel of Project X Zone. Sorry, I hope this isn't off-topic.

Last edited:

Soul.

I don't play Miis but are the 1111 builds viable for them at all?
More or less. Swordfighter seems like they're less affected by customs, though they appreciate Hero's Spin and Shurikens.
Brawler is certainly the most affected out of all 3, I feel. Needs Helicopter Kick and Feint Jump.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
In other news, my friend bought me an Xbox One and 2 games, and is going to buy me Gold for like a year.

Like gebus, I knew he was my best friend, but this is too much for meh :cry: (tears of joy)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
[QUOTEI ="rdg121193, post: 20196027, member: 260115"]Bans on Customs. Probably and that due to how crazy insane the zoning BS with Villager and Rosalina. I wouldn't mind certain customs be banned though

Now banning Mii fighters?
**** THAT NOISE. THAT'S MORE LEGAL THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Atleast Mii Fighters are balanced well compared to other custom moves

Actually, almost all of Puff's customs are really bad and I mean BAD.

I mean to where Custom Little Mac is better than her[/QUOTE]
I know, I just like the ridiculousness of them, and would love to see someone try and make good use of them.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Plus it doesn't help that DLC characters don't have that custom moves advantage.

Seriously, :4mewtwo:actually having custom moves would make it work for him.

Besides, the real reasons custom moves were legal at EVO wasn't because of demand or interest, it was because fans thought that it can counteract HOO HAA at the time (This announcement came Pre-Mewtwo patch)

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
More or less. Swordfighter seems like they're less affected by customs, though they appreciate Hero's Spin and Shurikens.
Brawler is certainly the most affected out of all 3, I feel. Needs Helicopter Kick and Feint Jump.
What? I love the Brawlers 1111 moveset. His vertical recovery may be garbage, but its fine really. Ive gotten some ledge spikes with his Down Special before. Its really good. Down Special to Up Special Combo to Forward Air is really good to. The Shot Put is amazing for destroying someone off the stage.

Soul.

What? I love the Brawlers 1111 moveset. His vertical recovery may be garbage, but its fine really. Ive gotten some ledge spikes with his Down Special before. Its really good. Down Special to Up Special Combo to Forward Air is really good to. The Shot Put is amazing for destroying someone off the stage.
Don't blame me. Almost every competent Mii Brawler prefers to use 1122 / 2122.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I think Miis should be allowed. There isn't that much of a difference between the weight classes, and shutting them down closes off over 3 playstyles. The combination may be annoying, but part of being a good player is knowing how to adjust. Maybe if they said what set they are going to use in their Mii Profile, people could counterpick.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Miis should be allowed. Zero is just being a bad influence with his Twitter as usual.

PushDustIn PushDustIn

I was wondering. How do the Japanese feel about comic book characters. I know Spider-Man is big but that's all I know.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Miis should be allowed. Zero is just being a bad influence with his Twitter as usual.

PushDustIn PushDustIn

I was wondering. How do the Japanese feel about comic book characters. I know Spider-Man is big but that's all I know.
If I recall correctly. Asia in general is becoming a prominent market for Marvel to promote their movies and books in.

The banning of customs will ensure that Palutena will never escape bottom tier.
Which is really sad. Customs on Palutena is one of my favorite characters to play. Customs off Palutena is so inferior in every way. . .
Sakurai why did you have to give a character a reflector AND a counter? Especially one with so many other possible moves. And then proceed to make that counter terrible :cry:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

PushDustIn PushDustIn

I believe they have a Spiderman manga over there or something.

Other than that, there is alot of marketing surrounding the movies and what not.

Last edited:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I know this is wishful thinking, but I would love to see Reiji from Namco X Capcom be a Mii Swordfighter. I don't know why, but Reiji suddenly became my favorite character overall. Plus he has been showing up on Nintendo systems. Well, handheld-wise. Speaking of which, I think they are gonna focus on Reiji and Xiaomu more in the sequel of Project X Zone. Sorry, I hope this isn't off-topic.
As long as they also give a Xiaomu costume, it'll be great :p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hey, can anyone help me? I need a music sheet for the red and blue elite 4 music, but I need them shown as each individual key , similar to this picture:

Anyone know where I could get those sheet musics to display in these keys?

Soul.

The number of "ridiculous" custom moves is most likely so immense that I don't even know how many of them exist.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
On another note, think we will get news this weekend or early next week?

Serpdrako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Imperfect_Scars
3DS FC
3136-6642-7063
Which is really sad. Customs on Palutena is one of my favorite characters to play. Customs off Palutena is so inferior in every way. . .
Sakurai why did you have to give a character a reflector AND a counter? Especially one with so many other possible moves. And then proceed to make that counter terrible :cry:
That unintentional(?) rhyme...

But I agree. Superspeed and Lightweight completely change her style, and in a very good way.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
If only custom moves weren't completely random.
It seems a lot less cumbersome to compile a universal list of customs that are allowed at a certain tournament...if you could choose which ones to unlock in Smash 4.

Leh sigh.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

PushDustIn PushDustIn

Movies are popular, Western comic books aren't really popular. I actually went to a comic book store in Kobe because it's so rare to see Marvel/ DC comics.

Spiderman as a character is big. Iron-man is probably the 2nd biggest, and then after that is Xmen. Batman is known but not as popular as in the West. I don't think Ive even seen anything for Superman, but maybe with the new movie they might increase his presence. It took a SUPER long time for Avengers 2 to come out here. (pun intended)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I just made my first "Don't move" course. Of course, I can't upload it cause I have barely gotten any stars. Welp. It's a decent one, but I'm only getting used to the idea of these kinds of courses.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
He only wants stuff banned that jeopardizes him winning.

When he uses it he's fine.

That's the problem with catering your ruleset to the top players; most generally want as a little change as possible to not jeopardize their chances of winning, and don't want to learn extra stuff to win if they could avoid it. See the MetaKnight ban topic in Brawl, where the most vocal opponents, such as M2K and Zero, were usually top players who played MetaKnight extensively (and that ended up being the undoing of the MetaKnight ban, as the TOs of the biggest nationals kept MK legal to appeal to these players, which then forced everyone else to not keep the MK ban as their players otherwise wouldn't get experience for this vital matchup).

As such, it's a really terrible appeal to authority when people point to "top players don't like them!" as a reason against customs.

I mean didn't the customs actually go over well at Evo? I mean, it didn't seem to be game breaking at all! I don't understand the ban myself.
Customs were pretty much screwed no matter what happened at Evo. If the top placings consisted of players outside the norm who utilised customs, critics would go "see custom jank is bad for the game as it allowed worse players to win!". If the top placings consisted of the usual suspects, they would go "see customs don't really help the balance, they're not worth the effort!".

The latter ended up happening with customs putting on a good show outside of a couple custom Villagers and Static Manny, and sure enough, "they don't really help the balance anyway" is a prevailing argument against them now.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
oh my god i hate tournament mode

story inside
I was bored so I decided to enter one because why not. I wait for 3 minutes, doing Sonic stuff in the waiting room, and then I get to the bracket... but I then I realized that I messed up and accidentally joined a FFA tourney instead of 1v1. Okay, I'll just quit. But I can't do that, or I'll get temporarily banned from online. So I decide to just play it out.

The match starts... and it's laggy as ****. I'm against a spammy Toon Link, spammy Mii Brawler and spammy Bowser. In lag.

I could barely hit anything in that mess. It ends up coming down to me and the Toon Link, and the match goes to time. I won the match, let out a sigh of relief and got ready for the next match... but the game says I'm disqualified for getting a timeout.

So many things went wrong for me in a matter of 10 minutes.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
So I just found out a bunch of rare Amiibo are on sale at my local game store for $12 AUD (or $8 USD).

And the worst part if that I don't have any money :ohwell:

oh my god i hate tournament mode

story inside
I was bored so I decided to enter one because why not. I wait for 3 minutes, doing Sonic stuff in the waiting room, and then I get to the bracket... but I then I realized that I messed up and accidentally joined a FFA tourney instead of 1v1. Okay, I'll just quit. But I can't do that, or I'll get temporarily banned from online. So I decide to just play it out.

The match starts... and it's laggy as ****. I'm against a spammy Toon Link, spammy Mii Brawler and spammy Bowser. In lag.

I could barely hit anything in that mess. It ends up coming down to me and the Toon Link, and the match goes to time. I won the match, let out a sigh of relief and got ready for the next match... but the game says I'm disqualified for getting a timeout.

So many things went wrong for me in a matter of 10 minutes.
Weow that is so stupid.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I just found out a bunch of rare Amiibo are on sale at my local game store for $12 AUD (or $8 USD).

And the worst part if that I don't have any money :ohwell:

Weow that is so stupid.
This is what wanting amiibos does to a person. It all starts with one, then before you know it, your wallet is gone forever.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
That's the problem with catering your ruleset to the top players; most generally want as a little change as possible to not jeopardize their chances of winning, and don't want to learn extra stuff to win if they could avoid it. See the MetaKnight ban topic in Brawl, where the most vocal opponents, such as M2K and Zero, were usually top players who played MetaKnight extensively (and that ended up being the undoing of the MetaKnight ban, as the TOs of the biggest nationals kept MK legal to appeal to these players, which then forced everyone else to not keep the MK ban as their players otherwise wouldn't get experience for this vital matchup).

As such, it's a really terrible appeal to authority when people point to "top players don't like them!" as a reason against customs.

Customs were pretty much screwed no matter what happened at Evo. If the top placings consisted of players outside the norm who utilised customs, critics would go "see custom jank is bad for the game as it allowed worse players to win!". If the top placings consisted of the usual suspects, they would go "see customs don't really help the balance, they're not worth the effort!".

The latter ended up happening with customs putting on a good show outside of a couple custom Villagers and Static Manny, and sure enough, "they don't really help the balance anyway" is a prevailing argument against them now.
It's a catch-22. There's no way to win.

It's quite sad. If customs had been implemented better - not unlockables, not linked to equipment, selectable at character select screen without needing to set up in advance, usable online with anyone - I think many people would be more accepting of them.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I'm currently on a 3D Mario spree. Damn, playing 64 straight after Galaxy is jarring to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom