• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
and in unrelated news pokken can have 20 pokemon in its roster
I know this isn't Smash but obligatory reminder that the roster layout is an unreliable way to predict the final roster.
I forget, was it ever confirmed what the Shovel Knight Amiibo actually does besides being a collectible figure?
Co-op mode and tons of misc. stuff for Shovel Knight for Wii U or 3DS.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On another note, think we will get news this weekend or early next week?
It depends, has there ever been a case where we got major news update on the weekend from Sakurai or the Smash twitter? Because if they have, then tonight would be my guess. If not, then it would be Sunday night/early Monday morning.

Sounds about right for a console release, I'm looking forward to seeing what newcomers we'll get out of this.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
If we are gonna have 10 extra characters, it's gonna be this:

:143:
:149:
:181:
Hariyama
Luxray
Gallade
Hawlucha
:4jigglypuff:
:4greninja:
:4mewtwo:

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Let's use this as an excuse to have Pokken discussion
Something something Azumarill/Feraligatr/Zoroark/Golurk for Pokken
Going by the empty space on that roster that wold = 10 Pokemon
So if I had to choose 10 Pokemon for Pokken:

1. Hawlucha
2. Mewtwo
3. Greninja
4. Entei (@GoldenYuiitusin) - analog to Suicune
5. Deoxys
6. Hitmonlee / Hitmonchan
7. Bisharp
8. Gallade
9. Luxray
10. Magnezone

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
STUNFISK FOR POKKEN

It has the popularity needed to be included :troll:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
That's the problem with catering your ruleset to the top players; most generally want as a little change as possible to not jeopardize their chances of winning, and don't want to learn extra stuff to win if they could avoid it. See the MetaKnight ban topic in Brawl, where the most vocal opponents, such as M2K and Zero, were usually top players who played MetaKnight extensively (and that ended up being the undoing of the MetaKnight ban, as the TOs of the biggest nationals kept MK legal to appeal to these players, which then forced everyone else to not keep the MK ban as their players otherwise wouldn't get experience for this vital matchup).

As such, it's a really terrible appeal to authority when people point to "top players don't like them!" as a reason against customs.
I think it's perfectly logical for the ruleset to be determined by the people who actually play the game. The vast majority of these debates turn into arguments between casual players who don't attend many, if any, tournaments versus the ones who attend and play in them frequently. Why shouldn't the top players have more say in the matter, especially when all the same players win regardless of if customs are on or off?

And the comparison to Metaknight is just false. Neither the top players, nor the top characters, change at all in a customs-on versus customs-off environment. The pro players aren't against customs because they're afraid of losing (they're still winning), and it's not because they don't want to learn the match-ups either (there's a reason they still win, and it's because they have learned them). They've spent far, far more time with this game than any of us.

Who should make the decision if not the people with the most knowledge on the subject?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I forget, was it ever confirmed what the Shovel Knight Amiibo actually does besides being a collectible figure?
Unlocks co-op on Wii U. On Wii U and 3DS, it also unlocks exclusive challenges in challenge mode, and new ways to customize your own Shovel Knight with new magic relics and stuff.

Co-op Shovel Knight will be cool, but the levels are designed with one player in mind so I don't know what they're going to do. They did say there would be co-op exclusive moves.

D

Deleted member

1. Feraligatr
  2. Azumarill
  3. Zoroark
  4. Golurk
  5. Bisharp
  6. Hydreigon
  7. Darkrai
  8. Cofagrigus
  9. Samurott
  10. Ampharos

I would be satisfied with just one of these for the console release
Though I already have Weavile and Gardevoir(go figure out why) to main

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
  1. Feraligatr
  2. Azumarill
  3. Zoroark
  4. Golurk
  5. Bisharp
  6. Hydreigon
  7. Darkrai
  8. Cofagrigus
  9. Samurott
  10. Ampharos
I would be satisfied with just one of these for the console release
Though I already have Weavile and Gardevoir(go figure out why) to main
I already have my favorite Pokemon in the game - Lucario.
But that didn't stop me with Smash. :chuckle:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Pokken was the perfect opportunity and the perfect atmosphere to finally give Raichu some time in the spotlight as opposed to the two smaller chus who get all the attention. He's bigger, he's tougher looking, and as far as I'm concerned he would've fit better in Pokken. But he's still similar enough to Pikachu that the game wouldn't have been devoid of its recognizable electric rat quota to shove in everybody's face.

Oh well. Shoulda known better.

Stupid luchador Pikachu. -_-;

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I think Pokken was the perfect opportunity and the perfect atmosphere to finally give Raichu some time in the spotlight as opposed to the two smaller chus who get all the attention. He's bigger, he's tougher looking, and as far as I'm concerned he would've fit better in Pokken. But he's still similar enough to Pikachu that the game wouldn't have been devoid of its recognizable electric rat quota to shove in everybody's face.

Us Hawlucha and Raichu fans can growl angrily at Pika Libre together.
*growls*

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Pikachu Libre really doesn't hold back Raichu.

Especially considering that Pikachu is based off of Hehachi then why not someone to be based off of his father, Jinpachi

D

Deleted member

Raichu fans are fated to suffer through all eternity
It doesn't matter what ypur favorite Pokemon is, no one gets treated worse than Raichu

Ivander

Smash Legend
Movies are popular, Western comic books aren't really popular. I actually went to a comic book store in Kobe because it's so rare to see Marvel/ DC comics.

Spiderman as a character is big. Iron-man is probably the 2nd biggest, and then after that is Xmen. Batman is known but not as popular as in the West. I don't think Ive even seen anything for Superman, but maybe with the new movie they might increase his presence. It took a SUPER long time for Avengers 2 to come out here. (pun intended)
How is Deadpool over there? I'm just asking cause I tend to see him quite a bit when trying to look for some good or funny fanart. I especially notice(much to my chagrin) he tends to be paired with Spiderman quite a lot.

Soul.

Wait.... did something happen to Pokkén? Did we get a new Pokémon?

Raichu would be bueno. Stop neglecting it TPC, dear god. The poor mouse gets nothing. ._.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pikachu Libre really doesn't hold back Raichu.

Especially considering that Pikachu is based off of Hehachi then why not someone to be based off of his father, Jinpachi
It's not Lucha Pika in particular (though I think that inclusion is some straight nonsense), it's just including a small, cute little rat in a game about bigger, tougher Pokemon is dumb when there is a bigger, tougher version of that very rat. And it's not like Raichu isn't marketable, he looks close enough to Pikachu that people will get the relation and the brand.

And the funny thing is I'm not even a Raichu fan... it's just that even I can acknowledge that Raichu would've been a much better fit without even having to compromise including some form of a chu. But I forgot the cardinal rule of Pokemon, especially Pokemon spin-offs... hell freezes over before Pikachu gets excluded. *sigh*

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
"What's a Raichu? By the way, gen 7 is coming so here's Pika clone number 7 and a new Mega Evolution for Pikachu!"

~GameFreak.

Yah, Raichu does get a bit of a short end of the stick sometimes....

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It's not Lucha Pika in particular (though I think that inclusion is some straight nonsense), it's just including a small, cute little rat in a game about bigger, tougher Pokemon is dumb when there is a bigger, tougher version of that very rat. And it's not like Raichu isn't marketable, he looks close enough to Pikachu that people will get the relation and the brand.

And the funny thing is I'm not even a Raichu fan... it's just that even I can acknowledge that Raichu would've been a much better fit without even having to compromise including some form of a chu. But I forgot the cardinal rule of Pokemon, especially Pokemon spin-offs... hell freezes over before Pikachu gets excluded. *sigh*
It's how it is but blame the anime. Especially considering Ash's Pikachu beat so many Raichus, it seems redundant. And then there's Red who has a Pikachu with Bolt Tackle in HG/SS.

Even then most Pokemon got it worst. The Gen 2 starters are considered irrelevant even during their return with the remakes.

And then there's Dragonite who's is straight up crapped over for other Dragon types and legendaries.

And Meowth, oh God Meowth.
He's straight thrown into the nostalgia dumpster and nobody will ever care about him unless he's related to Team Rocket

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I'd say it's likely the Arcade version has between 18 and 20 characters planned for timed release, with an additional 2 to 4 being saved for home release, going by past Tekken trends.

Everyone wants so many things for Pokken and all I have anted was Gardevoir/Gallade and Nidoking. Got one and the other is a no hoper (yes even in pokken I want a no-hoper)

So honestly assuming the roster isn't absurd *cough* pika libre *cough* i will be fine. Although now that I think about ti Luxray would be fantastic. . .

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
My only desire is a Ditto that takes the form of a random fighter but with a big stupid Ditto smiley face instead of the real one.

Well, that and Snorlax, but he's in the background of a stage so that ship has sailed.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
My only desire is a Ditto that takes the form of a random fighter but with a big stupid Ditto smiley face instead of the real one.

Well, that and Snorlax, but he's in the background of a stage so that ship has sailed.
When Snorlax joins the battle, Alfonzo takes the background!!!

D

Deleted member

They could just call the random button Ditto and I would be fine with it

Last edited by a moderator:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603

Wasn't Charizard in the background of the Volcano stage?

Also, Scizor. That's all I need.

Soul.

I would be expecting Greninja or something because muh hypothetical amiibo compability on Wii U. Oh no, it won't be in because Frogadier is support. My precious chances. /s

Sylveon would be cool; we need more quadruped Pokémon.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

YES. I've always loved the idea of Ditto as a mimic fighter since this IS made by the same devs as Soulcalibur.
Also...
What if Snorlax WAS playable...but when you played him, the one in the background had Ditto's big stupid smiley face? :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom