• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Trust me, I'm not petty enough to automatically call Tamaki a fake just because I subjectively don't believe in Shovel Knight, because that would be using my own personal opinion to debunk a rumour isntead of using actual facts.
I see. Sorry if you felt like I was putting you on blast.

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
http://nintendoeverything.com/why-s...per-mario-bros-u-physics-for-all-game-styles/

I'm surprised (not really) that people are even complaining about this.

SMB3 and World were okay, but SMB physics are hell.
SMB physics worked for SMB, in my opinion, and in any case, for someone who's played the original, SMBDeluxe, and the Lost Levels as much as I have, it's really jarring to try to to do a slight midair correction to land on a single block, then end up missing it entirely because I pulled too far back. NSMB's physics work great for its own series, but I do miss the unique feel of the others; for instance, Raccoon Mario used to have about 16 frames of slowdown / ascent every time you hit the A button in SMB3, but I swear it's a lot shorter of a window in SMM (probably on account of NSMB2), I miss the ability to fine-tune swimming height by holding up or down in SMW, etc.

Personally, I find it hilarious that people hate SMB physics enough that they complained about Super Mario Maker using physics true to the original games when they should have standardized them, when in fact they did do that, ruining the feel of the older games in exchange. I would have rather they allowed the player to use all the NSMB moves in all modes if they were dead-set on making the base physics more "controllable".

Last edited:

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Honestly, this is for the best
You can easily remember that things like walljump, spinjump, carrying and throwing items, etc change with the game style and adapt from level to level
What you can't easily do is adapt to non-visual things like the physics
It's also a good thing they went with the newest games physics since as those are the most recent, they are going to be the most accessible
I agree. As much as I actually love the old physics (SMW has my favorite controls), this makes a lot of sense. Mario is about accessibility. It's best to go with something that can bring in the most people. Having multiple physics is only going to make things kind of confusing to the casual crowd in the long run.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One week left until the ballot closes. Have you voted? On your phones as well? On your smart fridges too?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya know one of the biggest lies people have told about the ballot is that it only takes one vote
nowhere is it said only one vote counts the only thing remotely similar is a suggestion
"please only vote for one character"

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I might vote in the ballot once more. I've voted Dixie and Captain Toad thus far, and I might add Isaac or Tingle to that.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I see. Sorry if you felt like I was putting you on blast.
I'm sorry too.

For what it's worth, As much as I do not personally believe in Tamaki's sources, I'm gonna wait and see if there will be objective evidence that debunks it before declaring it disconfirmed instead of just dismissing it.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Wolf on all my devices, and convinced some of my friends who don't even play Smash, to vote for Wolf as well.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wait, so is the ballot a poll or not? Because if it's not what's the point of spamming twenty votes for one character?

Staarih

Smash Master
I voted for Paper Mario, Captain Toad, Isaac, Ridley and Shantae and Geno, all with different devices. I felt that using the same device for multiple votes would be "wrong" but I don't know if it really matters or not haha.

Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
I voted for Crash Bandicoot last time I voted in the ballot. Might vote for Spyro near the end if I have time.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Man Smashboards has been running so slowly for me since they changed the format.
Odd, I haven't had any trouble... then again I just built a new computer and it's a lot beefier than my last one, especially in the RAM department. Still, the tab doesn't seem to be taking up an inordinate amount of memory...

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using? I'm on Chrome and haven't tested the site on other browsers much yet.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Yeah, but you'd think they'd take notice of bots or spamming as well.
I would imagine that they would at least be able to track dupe votes from the same IP address.

But yeah, the ballot isn't a poll in the sense that the number 1 choice makes it in. Hell, we don't actually know for sure if Nintendo is formally counting votes.

D

Deleted member

On another topic, as Chuggaaconroy starts his Pikmin 3 let's play, I would sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much love seeing him making a let's play of a Metroid game, especially in a blind way.

And don't tell me it wouldn't fit to his "image", since he also made let's plays of games like Xenoblade, Mother 3 and the Okami games, which also contained some mature-like content.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like this? I made this quickly in MS paint so its a little sloppy but you should get the point.
This should work, thanks for the help!
Pokken can get more fighters?

I would love swalot, golurk, meganium( or any johto starter), empoleon, serpieor, greninja or any kalos starter, and mewtwo.
Porygon Z could be neat two. I'd want to see each type repped in the game.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On another topic, as Chuggaaconroy starts his Pikmin 3 let's play, I would sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much love seeing him making a let's play of a Metroid game, especially in a blind way.

And don't tell me it wouldn't fit to his "image", since he also made let's plays of games like Xenoblade, Mother 3 and the Okami games, which also contained some mature-like content.
I don't know though. Metroid maybe, but blind doesn't feel like something he'd do.

Also, no one said anything about Metroid not fitting his image (or really the guy at all), so I have no idea why the second paragraph was necessary.

D

Deleted member

I don't know though. Metroid maybe, but blind doesn't feel like something he'd do.

Also, no one said anything about Metroid not fitting his image (or really the guy at all), so I have no idea why the second paragraph was necessary.
Well he makes let's plays of "family-friendly" games most of the times, from which comes my second paragraph.

WeirdJoe27

Smash Ace
NNID
AZBros
In regards to the "vote" (which is not a vote), I think more has to do with the "Why should this character become a fighter?" field than anything. Just quickly typing a character's name and saying, "theyd be cool!11" won't necessarily hold much merit, no matter how many times it's submitted. However, if someone takes the time to really explain why the character would work in Smash and/or why they are supporting said character, I think that'll get far more attention. Imagine seeing 150 generic "votes" for Character A but 50 detailed, thought provoking "votes" for Character B.

I don't know, just something I think should be considered. They did add that field for a reason.

Also, and maybe this has been discussed before, but I'd love to see Nintendo actually release a true ballot once the preliminary one finishes. Take the top 10 (give or take) characters that Sakurai would actually consider developing and allow fans to truly vote on them for a month or so and the top 3 would actually become DLC.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Weird minor quiestion. Am I the only who thinks that if there are two more DLC characters, their background colours will be a type of blue and a type of yellow?

In regards to the "vote" (which is not a vote), I think more has to do with the "Why should this character become a fighter?" field than anything. Just quickly typing a character's name and saying, "theyd be cool!11" won't necessarily hold much merit, no matter how many times it's submitted. However, if someone takes the time to really explain why the character would work in Smash and/or why they are supporting said character, I think that'll get far more attention. Imagine seeing 150 generic "votes" for Character A but 50 detailed, thought provoking "votes" for Character B.

I don't know, just something I think should be considered. They did add that field for a reason.

Also, and maybe this has been discussed before, but I'd love to see Nintendo actually release a true ballot once the preliminary one finishes. Take the top 10 (give or take) characters that Sakurai would actually consider developing and allow fans to truly vote on them for a month or so and the top 3 would actually become DLC.
I think there are two major problems here.
1. There are an absurd amount of votes. No way they are goi going through many of them when half of them are literally written by 7 year olds. Especially because. . .
2. They arent in japanese. There is a zero percent chance of votes being translated. It will likely come down to pure numbers when it comes to non japanese regions imo.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I haven't done a lot of voting for the ballot as much as I should but I really only did 5 characters (Dixie, Wolf, Simon Belmont, Wonder Red and Starman)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
2. They arent in japanese. There is a zero percent chance of votes being translated. It will likely come down to pure numbers when it comes to non japanese regions imo.
Because it's not like translators exist right? There is no way there's someone in Nintendo that can simply translate them into Japanese right?
Right?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I only voted for Zael and Simon Belmont on one device each. I support other characters as well, but I'm sure most of them have plenty of votes as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom