• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
in the spirits of.....uhhhh nothing
BEHOLD my new mario maker level!!!!
7A77-0000-0061-FA1A
now with 100% more lakitus!
.....theres 1....1 lakitu

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Shovel Knight was always a bit of a darkhorse pick.
The only difference Tamaki made is that more people are putting money on that horse.

I feel this actually pretty much sums up how all arguments against Shovel Knight's validity goes.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think Shovel Knight being in Smash is pretty much dead if there's no sign of him (Not saying he has to actually be playable at the moment, just an announcement that he's coming eventually) for the September 30th update. As unless he was supposed to be announced soon, I think Tamaki just got duped by the Shovel Knight amiibo hype and any attempt to say it's still alive will come out as covering his tracks as people ask him questions that suggest he was wrong/overreacted.

I'll remain skeptic about it until then, but the Sept. 30th update is for me Shovel Knight in Smash's last stand. I refuse to think a rumor like this should be taken seriously for the entire time Character DLC for Smash 4 is still live.
But the amiibo bit was entirely separate from the rumor Tamaki was talking about, and he said that from the very beginning. I'm not sure why that would've gotten him mixed up.

And the rumor isn't supposed to be live throughout Smash 4 DLC, just until the end of October.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I think Shovel Knight being in Smash is pretty much dead if there's no sign of him (Not saying he has to actually be playable at the moment, just an announcement that he's coming eventually) for the September 30th update. As unless he was supposed to be announced soon, I think Tamaki just got duped by the Shovel Knight amiibo hype and any attempt to say it's still alive will come out as covering his tracks as people ask him questions that suggest he was wrong/overreacted.

I'll remain skeptic about it until then, but the Sept. 30th update is for me Shovel Knight in Smash's last stand. I refuse to think a rumor like this should be taken seriously for the entire time Character DLC for Smash 4 is still live.
Except he, Push, and Neo have all said that the amiibo hype had absolutely NOTHING to do with the source of his rumor. They've said that since the very beginning.

So you'd essentially be dismissing a live rumor on a basis that it's not even based on.

D

Deleted member

And the Number 1 of my Top 100 Nintendo music tracks is...

Se vi a vi o vivi a sad
et vis iam vis insignis fortis soli sat!
Te me mor in veniam indicas quan ito vis a!

Se vi a vi o vivi a sad

O, vires tan gunt va! Mi peta in meto! Va! Mi volans va fio mi de scen vi et homida!

A ve rem a vult is oc meto! A vi a vi, tomui para to sint!
(O, vires tan gunt va! Mi peta in meto! Va! Mi volans va fio mi de scen vi et homida!)

(O, vires tan gunt va! Mi peta in meto! Va! Mi volans va fio mi de scen vi et homida!)

Viso sang...

Id (Purpose)
Fire Emblem: Awakening

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
But the amiibo bit was entirely separate from the rumor Tamaki was talking about, and he said that from the very beginning. I'm not sure why that would've gotten him mixed up.

And the rumor isn't supposed to be live throughout Smash 4 DLC, just until the end of October.
Except he, Push, and Neo have all said that the amiibo hype had absolutely NOTHING to do with the source of his rumor. They've said that since the very beginning.

So you'd essentially be dismissing a live rumor on a basis that it's not even based on.
Not only that, but his source apparently doubled down after the official reveal of the amiibo. The reason we "know" about Shovel Knight allegedly has something to do with retailers selling Nintendo DLC codes, which turned out to be true.

I don't know what is going to happen. I don't think SK is going to be in Smash, even though I'd love that. I just don't think Tamaki jumped the gun over the amiibo.

Last edited:

Soul.

If he's not a character then making him a trophy would be an honorable mention.

The graveyard thread for disconfirmed characters was kinda funny.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There's not going to be ANY DLC assist trophies if a popular series like Street Fighter can get added to the roster and get no extra gameplay content asides from Ryu?

There's certainly not going to be any ''consolation prize" assist trophy.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
While the leaks of Shovel Knight and Bandana Dee are fake, I still think they'll be in. Oh, and @oni333, I didn't actually belive the BD leak, I was just setting an example of something, that is all. :)

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
I don't recommend it. I really don't.

I can give you a synopsis of the plot of the new series and all the problems it brought

• It retcon the whole ending. Rai isn't the leader anymore
  • All the Showdowns are in CGI and it looks awful.
  • They had to rename all the Shen-Gon-Wu because WB owns all the names and Wui couldn't get them back.
  • Dojo got a redesign and it kinda looks bad
  • They added a new member to the team. It's just Omi redone into a much more annoying version named Ping Pong (I'm not kidding)
  • Most of the villains are useless and replaced, Jack Spicer got it worst than he did in Season 3.

It's just really below average. Atleast the animation is passable.
Oh, gosh....I watched the first episode. The CGI really is terrible. And the new names are dumb imo. I have no idea why they chose little Omi. Also, the characters themselves look a bit different as well.

Well, at least the first version was good...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There's not going to be ANY DLC assist trophies if a popular series like Street Fighter can get added to the roster and get no extra gameplay content asides from Ryu?

There's certainly not going to be any ''consolation prize" assist trophy.
Though imagine the backlash if a popular character were AT'd.

Particularly if Isaac got his AT back, amazingly unlikely as it is.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh, gosh....I watched the first episode. The CGI really is terrible. And the new names are dumb imo. I have no idea why they chose little Omi. Also, the characters themselves look a bit different as well.

Well, at least the first version was good...
The newer designs I guess is trying to show that the monks aged but it's pretty hard to tell since their characteristics are still the same. Just remember the good old days.

That's pretty nice. I'm just confused is to why Megaman Powered Up and X6 aren't on PSN?

>Also Megaman 6 isn't on e-Shop

Nintendo, fix that

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
And the Number 1 of my Top 100 Nintendo music tracks is...

Se vi a vi o vivi a sad

Se vi a vi o vivi a sad

O, vires tan gunt va! Mi peta in meto! Va! Mi volans va fio mi de scen vi et homida!

Viso sang...

Id (Purpose)
Fire Emblem: Awakening
I was expecting a well-known, universal classic like the original The Legend of Zelda (you probably have it elsewhere on the list, I only saw the last few) for your #1 pick.
But I can't say I don't understand this choice.

Chrono.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Good on ya Capcom.

On the subject of AT DLCs, I don't think they'll happen at all

Think about it, why would they waste development time on a glorified "Pokeball Pokemon" that only has a small chance of appearing over an actual trophy that's easier, faster to make and doesn't appear by random chance.
Plus it would upset alot of people too.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I still stand by this that 3rd Party characters should only be one thing, a guest fighter in Smash. Rayman's trophy is the epitome of "WHY" but besides the reasons for it, DLC should be of content people could enjoy. And an AT can only go as far as a Mii costume would, which a costume would be far more reasonable since it's something you could "play as" than a AT you'd have to "play against" and only against.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do wonder if we will get something on the 30th. it seems we always get something big when massive amounts of fakes rise. I still stand by the that these 4 would be most likely (imo) if we were to get someone next update:

Wolf: Pretty much a given, popular demand, plus he doesn't need a new stage as starfox has plenty.

paper mario: Again, popular unique, from a hit series, and doesn't have to have a new stage, so he could be able not to throw off the 2nd stage theory.

Shovel Knight: mainly this is due to his leak, as well as the fact that he would be a very unique ballot character and a good start to Sakurai's " It will be nothing but fanservice from here on out" statement.

Bandanna Dee: If theories are true, bandanna dee could easily be a counter to shovel knight, and be a popular Japan pick, while also being fairly popular in the west. With him being a spear user, he could become popular from multiple reasons with those who aren't as familiar with him.

These would be my picks though, if we do get a new character on the 30th. Which hopefully happens.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Every character in Melee doing Captain Falcon's taunt.

May or may not be disturbing.
I know about the weird ones like the non-humanoid characters and Zelda but considering Samus and Sheik can do the poses perfectly shows how much their models share between each other, despite being different.

Even then Samus and Captain Falcon have been sharing the same model aka Kirby and Puff since Smash 64

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I know about the weird ones like the non-humanoid characters and Zelda but considering Samus and Sheik can do the poses perfectly shows how much their models share between each other, despite being different.

Even then Samus and Captain Falcon have been sharing the same model aka Kirby and Puff since Smash 64
Doesn't Mac have a similar model as well?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The only bad voice is Fumi-Chan (Katie) if I had to be honest. Jibanyan is a bit of a cringe, but I'll probably get used it. I've gotten used to Nate more.

How do you guys feel about the English theme song?
I think it does a very good job at replicating the original.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom