• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Because that series was bad, along with modern Spongebob, Sanjay and Craig and fanboy and chum chum. So of it's on the same network, it could eaisily be associated, incedently.
Still, I don't see how this will interfere with the quality with LBX. Hell, you could place the series in any other channel, and it'd probably be the same way.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
In Japan, that is. The game was made for Japan's culture and it skyrocketed because of the fact that it all clicked together.

We don't know how it's going to be received by the public in the states, being an entirely different culture; it may be incredibly successful and turn into the next hit or fad, or it very may well just do critically successful and possibly flop because of the fact that it may not be well liked in the market as a whole. There's also the fact that we've got well over a month before the first game even drops.
That's one of the reasons Yokai Watch was a success, but the real success comes from the toys (especially), anime, music, and games more than anything. In fact, the people who are making Yokai Watch in general are doing their best to translate and make it fit to American culture to make it suitable for a western audience. The entire localization team is completely aware of this issue, and I think they will be able to solve relatively easily, they aren't going to just stand there and let it be.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Because that series was bad, along with modern Spongebob, Sanjay and Craig and fanboy and chum chum. So of it's on the same network, it could eaisily be associated, incedently.
Well Gravity Falls in showing now on the same channel as Ultimate Spider-Man, below average Disney sitcoms, Xiaolin Chronicles (way to kill my childhood Kristy) and some other show, so that evens out and don't get me started on the **** that's on Cartoon Network. Remember CN Real? Remember Mad? Remember crap Canadian Cartoons and MAD?

Just sayin. Shows are good despite being in a certain channel with horrid shows.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
We're speaking about last year's shenanigans and I was browsing topics regarding Ridley...

Anyway, trivia about renders in Smash 4:
- The hilt of Lucina's Falchion is bigger in her render than it is during gameplay. The render is "canon" so to speak, while the in-game model has the size to match Marth's animations. Incidentally, this also happens in Fire Emblem: Awakening, with art implying the Falchion has a big hilt, but the in-game model sizes it to better fit with the other swords' sizes and her in-game animations (mostly shared with the Swordmaster class). The FEA cutscenes and the Smash trailer done by the same animation studio have the bigger size used. Project X Zone 2 also uses the bigger size, dictated by concept art.
- Rosalina wields her wand in her right hand on the render, but on the left hand during gameplay.
- Dr. Mario's tie is fastened in the render, but more loose during gameplay.

In all above examples, the Classic trophies reflect the renders, but their Alt. trophies reflect their in-game model.
Lemmy's Clown Car is also depicted as Orange in his Smash 3DS trophy, instead of the usual Yellow.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well Gravity Falls in showing now on the same channel as Ultimate Spider-Man, below average Disney sitcoms, Xiaolin Chronicles (way to kill my childhood Kristy) and some other show, so that evens out and don't get me started on the **** that's on Cartoon Network. Remember CN Real? Remember Mad? Remember crap Canadian Cartoons and MAD?

Just sayin. Shows are good despite being in a certain channel with horrid shows.
Right now, Nick has ONE good show I haven't even bothered to see. They have a lot of other shows that ALL SUCK.

D

Deleted member

Hoho, let me tell you...

It was a real thing, and it was annoyingly widespread. The argument was based on the fact that the duck's head position in the render indicated its neck would be a certain length, which was longer than the ones from the ducks in the Melee Duck Hunt trophy. Yes, this was real.

So I responded by saying that there's no canon length for a real duck's neck, and that its size fluctuates, and that "too long" is a terrible argument, while using the picture below.
.....there is a phobia of ducks?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Of course! Did you send me a stage, btw? I think ZoroarkRules25 did, but I don't think I see one from you haha. Confusing names ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdOY1bJ8wiVdfm3Y47Cb_Q There you go! :)

I'll tag all the people who's levels I've played so far:
Z25 Z25 @ThePenguinGamer0 @BlueX @KenboCalrissian

On my list:
@MasterofMonster @Jdaster64

If someone gave me a map and you're not on here, please tag me again, because I got a lot of notifications, I might have missed stuff.

I should probably just start a "Give me your stages" thread lol, but I'm too lazy/incompetent.
Thanks, are they up on your youtube channel yet?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Speaking of Phobias
I heard on the news that there's someone allergic to Life itself
Which I believe is utter bull**** because A) They aren't dead and B) They have no sort of protection thing, they seem to be perfectly fine
I mean it could be real, but I'm leaning on the side of bull****. :drshrug:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Guys.
I made a level.

A601-0000-0060-07C0

It's called "Nothing".
Everyone should play it. It's really interesting.
I'm serious! You won't be let down.

...anyone?

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
8 days until something happens.

Chrono.

Still, I don't see how this will interfere with the quality with LBX. Hell, you could place the series in any other channel, and it'd probably be the same way.
Nickelodeon has the same problem CN has of screwing over certain shows in favor of other shows.

Nick in particular screwed up with the scheduling of both Avatar series and one of them even had to be moved to online only because the ratings for it during it's 3rd season were awful thanks to Nick's terrible advertising (well 'lack of' in this case).

So yeah, in Nick, if you're not Spongebob, FOP or a Dan Schneider sitcom, you're not gonna last very long.

That's not to say LBX will be poor in quality, but it'll likely get screwed over by the network.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
*BlahBlahBlah*

Xiaolin Chronicles (way to kill my childhood Kristy)

*BlahBlahBlah*.
Wait, what!?! This is a thing?! Xiaolin Showdown is one of my favorite cartoons of all time. It's up there with Samurai Jack, imo. Even if it's bad I need to watch at least the first episode.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so i finally got mario maker and made a....basic level(and by that i mean a level you might actually see in a mario game)
9DC0-0000-0061-D896

give it a shot when you have the chance

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Wait, what!?! This is a thing?! Xiaolin Showdown is one of my favorite cartoons of all time. It's up there with Samurai Jack, imo. Even if it's bad I need to watch at least the first episode.
I don't recommend it. I really don't.

I can give you a synopsis of the plot of the new series and all the problems it brought

• It retcon the whole ending. Rai isn't the leader anymore
  • All the Showdowns are in CGI and it looks awful.
  • They had to rename all the Shen-Gon-Wu because WB owns all the names and Wui couldn't get them back.
  • Dojo got a redesign and it kinda looks bad
  • They added a new member to the team. It's just Omi redone into a much more annoying version named Ping Pong (I'm not kidding)
  • Most of the villains are useless and replaced, Jack Spicer got it worst than he did in Season 3.

It's just really below average. Atleast the animation is passable.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So apparently Kickstarter is now a benefit corporation.

What does that even mean? Is it some kinda lawsuit protection bubble?

Last edited:
I don't recommend it. I really don't.

I can give you a synopsis of the plot of the new series and all the problems it brought

• It retcon the whole ending. Rai isn't the leader anymore
  • All the Showdowns are in CGI and it looks awful.
  • They had to rename all the Shen-Gon-Wu because WB owns all the names and Wui couldn't get them back.
  • Dojo got a redesign and it kinda looks bad
  • They added a new member to the team. It's just Omi redone into a much more annoying version named Ping Pong (I'm not kidding)
  • Most of the villains are useless and replaced, Jack Spicer got it worst than he did in Season 3.

It's just really below average. Atleast the animation is passable.
I was super excited when I first heard Showdown was getting a sequel. Then I watched it. . . Ping existing as a mistake. He rest was. . .bad. Would have been totally ok with bot having seen it. Sometimes its ok for a series to stay dead.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Kenith Kenith Though I know you're being sarcastic, I'll still play the level. :)

It's funny, I saw the "leak" last night when I was recording with my brother, and I said "I'll come on tomorrow morning and it'll have been completely confirmed false" lol.

Z25 Z25 Not yet, I'm gonna try to upload it tonight!!

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
WHY are so many cartoons trying to bring back old series these days? Is the industry really so starved that they can't be bothered to come up with something original?
It NEVER goes well. Ever. The reasons all these shows ended is because they reached a satisfying enough conclusion, or there was just nothing left for it so they ended it peacefully. Whatever half-wit ends up trying to make a new series out of it ALWAYS misses the point of the original show with them trying to "Modernize" it or dumb it down for a younger audience. It's boarderline disrespectful to the creator AND the fans that liked it, and even the new generation of children to an extent.

I mean we still have TONS of great original cartoons... Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, MLP, Adventure Time... Shows that don't forget that cartoons don't have to be mindless to be entertaining to kids and adults alike. But even then, for every Steven Universe, there's like 10 more Teen Titans Go...'s.

Beh.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I was super excited when I first heard Showdown was getting a sequel. Then I watched it. . . Ping existing as a mistake. He rest was. . .bad. Would have been totally ok with bot having seen it. Sometimes its ok for a series to stay dead.
Thing is...it was left on a cliffhanger but the the cliffhanger was an actual possible bookend.

You can still ignore Chronicles and Showdown will still be a great show. Plus I feel like they tried to modernize EVERYTHING and it looked awful. They had 4 man team dynamic that worked but ruined it by adding a tag along kid which hurts shows so much.

If you want an example of a Scrappy character, Ping Pong is literally THAT. plus the redesigns of the other characters are awful.

Atleast Jackie Chan Adventures will never reach that absolute hell XS reached.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
My favorite event regarding the ESRB leak was Shulk being a Little Mac photoshop. I know it's over used, but every time I see it I can't help but laugh. It STILL gets me. I can't be the only one who thinks it's still funny, can I?

Chrono.

Please don't tell me Red actually buys that garbage.
Hard to tell considering the whole me-not-knowing-Japanese thing.

I think he's just reporting on it, he's done it for other semi-well known leaks.

Also I'm surprised Etika didn't do a video, guess he found out by the time everyone knew it was fake lol

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
People forget SK was a popular request at the beginning of the ballot.
Yeah, where is anyone getting the idea that Shovel Knight is a "bandwagon character" only popular from leaks like the Chorus Men? Did they forget that Shovel Knight won the first big ballot poll on Reddit, and has remained a strong force since? The thing the potential Tamaki leak done was make a lot more people think he's actually possible rather than a pipedream like the other indie characters, as well as made the detractors a lot louder.

D

Deleted member

Shovel Knight was always a bit of a darkhorse pick.
The only difference Tamaki made is that more people are putting money on that horse.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Kenith Kenith Though I know you're being sarcastic, I'll still play the level. :)

It's funny, I saw the "leak" last night when I was recording with my brother, and I said "I'll come on tomorrow morning and it'll have been completely confirmed false" lol.

Z25 Z25 Not yet, I'm gonna try to upload it tonight!!
Alright thanks, your youtube is the same as your username, right?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Yeah, where is anyone getting the idea that Shovel Knight is a "bandwagon character" only popular from leaks like the Chorus Men? Did they forget that Shovel Knight won the first big ballot poll on Reddit, and has remained a strong force since? The thing the potential Tamaki leak done was make a lot more people think he's actually possible rather than a pipedream like the other indie characters, as well as made the detractors a lot louder.
Every character has a small bandwagon for a while. Some last longer (K. Rool) or some just get smaller and lose steam (Shantae and Banjo) but each of those characters were fairly requested before and had major popularity without Smash. Including Butt Butt

Chorus Men is an true example of a bandwagon character because before then, RH characters were fairly small in fanbase and it was mostly Wrestler and Karate Joe. Chorus Men only got popular due to Gemastu and had its bandwagon riding high until both Robin trailer and ESRB kinda killed the hype. Even the Smash ballot rarely mention them with polls. They don't even have the height of popularity bandwagon since maybe June of 2014. Even then Gemastu characters never needed the bandwagon of what the Glee Club got. :4littlemac::4pacman::4palutena:and Chrom were already popular choices and never needed it. :4shulk: had some popularity but it wasn't as big until the leak dropped in April.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
WHY are so many cartoons trying to bring back old series these days? Is the industry really so starved that they can't be bothered to come up with something original?
It NEVER goes well. Ever. The reasons all these shows ended is because they reached a satisfying enough conclusion, or there was just nothing left for it so they ended it peacefully. Whatever half-wit ends up trying to make a new series out of it ALWAYS misses the point of the original show with them trying to "Modernize" it or dumb it down for a younger audience. It's boarderline disrespectful to the creator AND the fans that liked it, and even the new generation of children to an extent.

I mean we still have TONS of great original cartoons... Gravity Falls, Steven Universe, MLP, Adventure Time... Shows that don't forget that cartoons don't have to be mindless to be entertaining to kids and adults alike. But even then, for every Steven Universe, there's like 10 more Teen Titans Go...'s.

Beh.
Let's be real here, it's because there are so many people vouching for it. I mean really, you don't even have to look far to hear people ask for a new Courage, or Invader Zim, or Dexter, or hell even Powerpuff Girls. It's just how we work: when we like something, we want more of it.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Hoho, let me tell you...

It was a real thing, and it was annoyingly widespread. The argument was based on the fact that the duck's head position in the render indicated its neck would be a certain length, which was longer than the ones from the ducks in the Melee Duck Hunt trophy. Yes, this was real.

So I responded by saying that there's no canon length for a real duck's neck, and that its size fluctuates, and that "too long" is a terrible argument, while using the picture below.
I remember it like it was yesterday.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Oh yeah. I do remember this one argument where someone was debating about duck neck sizes during the ESRB leak etc.

That was pretty random.....

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think Shovel Knight being in Smash is pretty much dead if there's no sign of him (Not saying he has to actually be playable at the moment, just an announcement that he's coming eventually) for the September 30th update. As unless he was supposed to be announced soon, I think Tamaki just got duped by the Shovel Knight amiibo hype and any attempt to say it's still alive will come out as covering his tracks as people ask him questions that suggest he was wrong/overreacted.

I'll remain skeptic about it until then, but the Sept. 30th update is for me Shovel Knight in Smash's last stand. I refuse to think a rumor like this should be taken seriously for the entire time Character DLC for Smash 4 is still live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom