• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Y'know, seeing stuff like this makes me wish I was around for the ESRB leak
Ah, you will never know the wild ride it was, Akxareth-kun. :p

Such a shame. Everyone was going crazy and, of course, us moderators had to deal with all the chaos.

Trolls, salty people, heated arguments... You name it.

For a while, we staff members actually had some info we couldn't reveal because Neo Zero Neo Zero had come into contact with the source, so certain people were making up conspiracy theories that the leak was faked by the Smashboards staff.

Then came the videos and then Shulk was confirmed... And all hell broke loose.

Dat ear thou.
Yeah, I know. :laugh:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
No idea, but isn't too far off from the actual render.

It's not far off because it was edited straight from a screenshot of the ESRB leak that contained a part of the DHD render (The 3DS HUD).

The only part that was actually made by the faker was the ears, which look like they were drawn on in MS Paint. The rest was basically just touched up on Photoshop to make it look less like it was taken from the original photo.

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Ah man, the days of the ESRB leak were the best. Some people were so adamant about it being fake, even when gameplay footage came out they tried saying it was a Brawl mod. :chuckle:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ah man, the days of the ESRB leak were the best. Some people were so adamant about it being fake, even when gameplay footage came out they tried saying it was a Brawl mod. :chuckle:
I've wondered why the leaker said Mewtwo, Dixie, and CB were coming when they didn't.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To me, after vague Gemastu, ESRB, fake Rayman and Royucus data mining, I need actual PROOF before we start believing things.

Rumors don't cut it for me. Text leaks aren't accurate, Pic leaks can be easily faked and even doing the video part can be faked.

Gameplay should matter or atleast have some data to be behind. We need gameplay footage considering that's the hardest to fake because we can easily tell whether it's Project M or truly Smash 4.

Also unrelated, found something nice today. Gonna drop it afterwards so don't focus on it too much.

image.jpg

http://www.peanutizeme.com/#883a It's not accurate since I'm skinny here

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I remember when people thought Magicant was a Rhythm Heaven stage, in fact, someone thought Guar Plain was a DK stage. XD

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
1. Old Man from Legend of Zelda
2. Lord Fredrik (like King K. Rool but recent so better)
3. Shovel Knight after Yacht Club Games is acquired by Nintendo :^)
The only way i'd want Shovel Knight in. That being said, i'll buy him regardless.
I've said this many times before, but once again, allow me to say that journalism nowadays is a joke.

Not just gaming journalism, by the way. It's all over the place: the sensationalism and, on the Internet, the click-bait titles. It's no longer about reporting happenings impartially, focusing on the facts: the more drama and the more revenue, the better.

Truly a shame, but sometimes amusing.
Click to find out how Shovel Knight's shovel is so well crafted! Blacksmiths hate him!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
To me, after vague Gemastu, ESRB, fake Rayman and Royucus data mining, I need actual PROOF before we start believing things.

Rumors don't cut it for me. Text leaks aren't accurate, Pic leaks can be easily faked and even doing the video part can be faked.

Gameplay should matter or atleast have some data to be behind. We need gameplay footage considering that's the hardest to fake because we can easily tell whether it's Project M or truly Smash 4.

Also unrelated, found something nice today. Gonna drop it afterwards so don't focus on it too much.

View attachment 74621
Imo, we should look at both sides when discussing leaks, ways they can be real, and ways they can be fake, that way we can be prepared for when one happens.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Which is why I said 'primarily'. The focus was on the images for the most part until the gameplay came along.
A lot of people in the Leaks thread were sold on the ESRB leak before the videos even surfaced.

It was actually the Tomodachi Life screenshot that made me move from neutral to Team Real.

Imo, we should look at both sides when discussing leaks, ways they can be real, and ways they can be fake, that way we can be prepared for when one happens.
I look at all leaks with a "fake until proven real" mindset, regardless of its quality.

It doesn't take much for me to write off a leak as being fake, but it takes something really massive to make me think it's real. I think that's the best way to look at them.

Last edited:

Chrono.

View attachment 74621
Took a crack at it

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
A lot of people in the Leaks thread were sold on the ESRB leak before the videos even surfaced.

It was actually the Tomodachi Life screenshot that made me move from neutral to Team Real.

I look at all leaks with a "fake until proven real" mindset, regardless of its quality.

It doesn't take much for me to write off a leak as being fake, but it takes something really massive to make me think it's real. I think that's the best way to look at them.
True. I went from Team Fake to Neutral with how the Smash Run footage look to Team Real when the trophy photos shown up.

Took a crack at it
7/10 would date

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
My favorite thing about the ESRB leak was when someone tried faking a source for the Duck Hunt Duo's render.

D

Deleted member

Of course! Did you send me a stage, btw? I think ZoroarkRules25 did, but I don't think I see one from you haha. Confusing names ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdOY1bJ8wiVdfm3Y47Cb_Q There you go! :)

I'll tag all the people who's levels I've played so far:
@zoroarkrules25 @ThePenguinGamer0 @BlueX @KenboCalrissian

On my list:
@MasterofMonster @Jdaster64

If someone gave me a map and you're not on here, please tag me again, because I got a lot of notifications, I might have missed stuff.

I should probably just start a "Give me your stages" thread lol, but I'm too lazy/incompetent.
Nah, I can't even play SMM yet :'^)
But if you're still doing the videos next month, I'll make sure to send some

Soul.

Here's how I take leaks: I need gameplay.

Gameplay, mainly through a video service, can only tell me if this was all made up or if it's the real deal.

My favorite part of ESRB leak was honestly the aftermath. Anger, character support threads gone until further notice, etc.

I reckon people started to compare the game (when people were streaming) to the ESRB leak, no?

D

Deleted member

The ESRB leak became 100% real to me when I saw the gameplay, there was no way to deny that
Then we got menus that matched it in the PotD
And then Shulk happened
And I remember that there were still people saying it was fake even though the SHULK RENDER MATCHED THE LEAK 100%
But what I saw?
"The one in the leak is shorter and is in a slightly different pose, so it's fake"
I kid you not

On a side note, did we ever find out what the picture with 4 player controlled characters and levels on them meant?
iirc it was the one pic with Ness(that started the "Ness' shirt strip is wrong!" thingy)

ESRB was my favorite time here. Hype all over the place. Many theories of varying level of logic and plenty of straw grasping. And every one in a while a new pic or video would show up and it was hype all over again.

My favorite "proof" of deconfirmation was definitely ness's shirt.

I believed it when the famitsu scan showed up with tomadachi life on it showing a never before seen room.

ESRB was 100 times more fun than ToS. There were theories with ESRB. ToS was just straw grasping

Last edited:

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Yo!

I'm curious.

Do you think we'll get anything this week involving Smash?

Also, 1-10, how good is SMD?
I haven't the foggiest about Smash.

As for Dungeon, it has a fantastic story, great music, wonderful presentation but the same old horrific unforgiving bad-design Dungeon gameplay. If you liked previous entries, you'll like it, but I really dislike the gameplay of it. Entering a dungeon just to have your entire team KO'd in two steps by a Pokémon that is on the other side of the dungeon, just because it has a powerful move is not my idea of good game design.

D

Deleted member

Collection of ESRB strawgrasping:
Ness' shirt strip is wrong!
Shulk is an edited Little Mac!
The Duck Hunt render is from an already existing source, here's proof!
Bowser Jr. is a Diddy mod from Brawl!
G&W's hand overlaps into Wario's portrait!
Dark Pit would never be in the game!
They wouldn't cut the Ice Climbers!
Why wouldn't they bring Mewtwo back!?
Gematsu can't be wrong!

Man, I miss those days...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
The biggest hatred for ESRB leak was the leaks it came with it.

Tower of Smash/Smash World and the other bandwagon crap was awful because the only reason anyone backed it because people didn't want to believe that the final roster just have :4drmario::4darkpit:& no :4mewtwo::4lucas:.

People were looking for false hope.
The 50 Facts Direct and the 3DS data mining destroyed all predictions, fake leaks and confusion.

Also Neo Zero Neo Zero , I feel bad for you bro. It's just everything reviling around it just didn't go your way.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I haven't the foggiest about Smash.

As for Dungeon, it has a fantastic story, great music, wonderful presentation but the same old horrific unforgiving bad-design Dungeon gameplay. If you liked previous entries, you'll like it, but I really dislike the gameplay of it. Entering a dungeon just to have your entire team KO'd in two steps by a Pokémon that is on the other side of the dungeon, just because it has a powerful move is not my idea of good game design.
How do you feel about Yokai Watch at the moment? Are you worried about it dominating the world?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
However, most of the time they're easy to debunk, however when they may have some sort of level of crediblity, that's when you should question of they're real or not. However if there's one undeniable inconsistency, that has no explaination, then it's fake. I already showed an example of this with that leak I posted before, looking at both sides, it's most likely fake, but it's still good to see the other side of the story. I don't think any DLC leaks are real that aren't data mining or text related, but of you think differently, feel free to speak up.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Yokai Watch in the West is going to be interesting. Especially if it's labelled as a "Pokemon clone" (because Stafy being a "Kirby clone" did so well for it).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That feeling you get when you wake up in the morning after a long night of work and you see leftover pizza in the fridge.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Of course! Did you send me a stage, btw? I think ZoroarkRules25 did, but I don't think I see one from you haha. Confusing names ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdOY1bJ8wiVdfm3Y47Cb_Q There you go! :)

I'll tag all the people who's levels I've played so far:
@zoroarkrules25 @ThePenguinGamer0 @BlueX @KenboCalrissian

On my list:
@MasterofMonster @Jdaster64

If someone gave me a map and you're not on here, please tag me again, because I got a lot of notifications, I might have missed stuff.

I should probably just start a "Give me your stages" thread lol, but I'm too lazy/incompetent.
Just do as the title says
Wario Waker (Collect 10 Coins)
0841-0000-0040-6408 (Wow, no letters)

Also, for a more difficult level, try
Go Forth, Toad!
2D14-0000-003B-6E25

This is one is kinda creepy :p And difficult puzzle wise. You will die, I guarantee it.
Mario: Afterlife
0DFE-0000-0061-8C54

And the last one, which is just ridiculous. Finding the secret area will tell you how to pass the stage :p
Gotta Go Fast!
DBDE-0000-005E-10B9

Take your pick, Im just trying to give some variety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom