• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Picture leaks are fine, I think we just need to handle them better.

The Little Mac meme should stop. Yes people were overanalysing the ERSB leak but everytime we get a new "leak" we need to be critical of it and that whole meme in my eyes is encouraging people to just ACCEPT "leaks" as any "mistake" is just Little Mac shopped.

With the Rayman, DR. MARIO and the Shovel Knight stage too many people (myself included for 2/3) simply believed it because it "felt" correct. We gotta stop that. We need to gather the evidence and tear the images apart.

We need to look for slip ups, and remember them. We have the game now, we have a lot more information about how everything works. So do the "leakers" and the trolls, so we need to be vigilant in our judgement.

I wish sites/ vloggers would stop rushing out to cover any "leak" and try to gather the facts first. This is something I practice with Source Gaming. So far we have a perfect track record with the Leaks/ data mining we supported. We aren't perfect, and we are bound to slip up sometime but we try our best to not report on fake leaks as that's just misinformation in the end.

It's a lot better to take a wait and see approach until people who are familiar with graphics, modeling, and design look at the images.

I'm so sick of that meme. I got it when I was telling people the Dr. Mario stage was fake on reddit.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

The Little Mac meme should stop. Yes people were overanalysing the ERSB leak but everytime we get a new "leak" we need to be critical of it and that whole meme in my eyes is encouraging people to just ACCEPT "leaks" as any "mistake" is just Little Mac shopped.

With the Rayman, DR. MARIO and the Shovel Knight stage too many people (myself included for 2/3) simply believed it because it "felt" correct. We gotta stop that. We need to gather the evidence and tear the images apart.

We need to look for slip ups, and remember them. We have the game now, we have a lot more information about how everything works. So do the "leakers" and the trolls, so we need to be vigilant in our judgement.

I wish sites/ vloggers would stop rushing out to cover any "leak" and try to gather the facts first. This is something I practice with Source Gaming. So far we have a perfect track record with the Leaks/ data mining we supported. We aren't perfect, and we are bound to slip up sometime but we try our best to not report on fake leaks as that's just misinformation in the end.

It's a lot better to take a wait and see approach until people who are familiar with graphics, modeling, and design look at the images.

I'm so sick of that meme. I got it when I was telling people the Dr. Mario stage was fake on reddit.
I completely agree. Let's try with this one from the Bandana Waddle Dee thread.

New artwork, lots of detail, even shading with him carrying the spear. There's no shading under him, however it could just be because he isn't selected yet. Make sure to look for inconsistencies though.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

Eh, I think we handled Shovel Knight well. No one really jumped to conclusions and we proved it fake reasonably quickly, despite our being pretty well made.

Maybe...

Maybe we're actually learning?

Eh, I think we handled Shovel Knight well. No one really jumped to conclusions and we proved it fake reasonably quickly, despite our being pretty well made.

Maybe...

Maybe we're actually learning?
I don't think we could have handled Shovel Knight much better. I mean sure some people very clearly jumped on one way or the other (I personally jumped on fake a little fast admittedly) but for the most part members remained critical and looked for inconsistencies. When they were found people kept digging (heh) just to make sure until t was obviously fake. No one clung to it even though it was fake either.

I just wish every leak went like that.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wholeheartedly agree on the Mac meme stopping.

It's just shoehorned in every leak these days for some comedic effect.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I do think the Shovel Knight rumor was handled the best of the three...but it also was by far the weakest one too. Rayman and Dr Mario stage only had one major problem each (the background and the stage selection screen) {though other issues like shadowing was also an issue on Dr Mario, they weren't noticed until much later}. Just continue to be as critical as possible.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Looks ugly as ****. XD

But seriously, the name is completely over the place. The letters and black borders are inconsistent compared to Kirby.
Would his name really be Bandana Dee in game? Could be to differentiate him from the other Waddle Dees. And it seems that his name could fit in the box, it's mostly the angle of the picture. Hmm... Curious. Very curious indeed.

Chrono.

I completely bought the Rayman leak, for Dr Mario I was far more skeptical but it was only after @vaanrose pointed the aspect ratio faulty that I was fully convinced it was fake.

Would his name really be Bandana Dee in game? Could be to differentiate him from the other Waddle Dees. And it seems that his name could fit in the box, it's mostly the angle of the picture. Hmm... Curious. Very curious indeed.

Didn't you just call yourself the Phoenix Wright of leaks? I'm sure an ace attorney wouldn't even give this the time of day and he certainly wouldn't call it "curious."

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Thing is that that was pre-game, I meant that post-game screenshots should be considered fake due to the fact that we have no evidence that they could have gotten any materials to have gotten the screenshots.
Fake screenshots were every bit as possible before release as they were after; it's just that they were harder to make believable.

The best example would be the Palutena leak.

Didn't you just call yourself the Phoenix Wright of leaks? I'm sure an ace attorney wouldn't even give this the time of day and he certainly wouldn't call it "curious."
Seconded, that Bandanna Dee leak is pretty terrible.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Ok, you're right. I was just looking at a side of the arguement, moving on.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Gotta get that click bait ad money though.

I'm surprised it wasn't on our front page tbqh. That woulda been embarrassing (though not as bad as the Geno Project M one lol)

Gunla

wow, gaming!
BRoomer

Tbh, I'm surprised it wasn't on our front page tbqh. That woulda been embarrassing (though not as bad as the Geno Project M one lol)
The thing is, it was likely shot down so fast that our writers had no chance to get an article draft. :laugh:

I filed a google image search, I found this.

:3
I know BWD wasn't popular around the days of Brawl, but that looks a lot more like that era. In addition, the eyes... have a pretty glaring disparity to the other parts of the model/image.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've said this many times before, but once again, allow me to say that journalism nowadays is a joke.

Not just gaming journalism, by the way. It's all over the place: the sensationalism and, on the Internet, the click-bait titles. It's no longer about reporting happenings impartially, focusing on the facts: the more drama and the more revenue, the better.

Truly a shame, but sometimes amusing.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
SlickWylde SlickWylde I went now to your profile page to see your sig because I remember that you had your Youtube channel linked on it and signatures weren't working on mobile
You little...
Btw, could you link it to me anyways?

------------joke----------->

_______you__________
Of course! Did you send me a stage, btw? I think ZoroarkRules25 did, but I don't think I see one from you haha. Confusing names ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdOY1bJ8wiVdfm3Y47Cb_Q There you go! :)

I'll tag all the people who's levels I've played so far:
@zoroarkrules25 ThePenguinGamer0 ThePenguinGamer0 @BlueX @KenboCalrissian

On my list:
@MasterofMonster @Jdaster64

If someone gave me a map and you're not on here, please tag me again, because I got a lot of notifications, I might have missed stuff.

I should probably just start a "Give me your stages" thread lol, but I'm too lazy/incompetent.

Chrono.

I think the Shantae IMDb listing was reported here too.

That was bad (along with the Layton thing)

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst

I'm surprised it wasn't on our front page tbqh. That woulda been embarrassing (though not as bad as the Geno Project M one lol)
Nothing was worse than the "See you in Smash! ;)" Shantae tweet being front page news here.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Alright guys, since i am updating my TTYD glitch hunting of 2 years of findings, I am less active lately, but got through the 30 pages document of the gltiches found :)

So, what did I missed the past 3 days?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So comedy is a bad thing?

This must be you in real life.
You probably don't see every time I go around making bad puns here, and people outside this thread can agree that I'm a funny person. I know several here that frequent other threads I visit that can attest to this.

I just think the Mac meme's hilarity has long since passed. It was funny the first 5 times but it's just a bore now.

Last edited:
Alright guys, since i am updating my TTYD glitch hunting of 2 years of findings, I am less active lately, but got through the 30 pages document of the gltiches found :)

So, what did I missed the past 3 days?
Well made fake shovel knight and Runbow leak. SMM level announced for 30th
Who made this?
Some loser from 4chan

Last edited:

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
Of course! Did you send me a stage, btw? I think ZoroarkRules25 did, but I don't think I see one from you haha. Confusing names ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdOY1bJ8wiVdfm3Y47Cb_Q There you go! :)

I'll tag all the people who's levels I've played so far:
@zoroarkrules25 ThePenguinGamer0 ThePenguinGamer0 @BlueX @KenboCalrissian

On my list:
@MasterofMonster @Jdaster64

If someone gave me a map and you're not on here, please tag me again, because I got a lot of notifications, I might have missed stuff.

I should probably just start a "Give me your stages" thread lol, but I'm too lazy/incompetent.
So you chose Ike's Candy Factory to play?

Nice! If you get the chance, could you try out my other levels as well?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well made fake shovel knight and Runbow leak. SMM level announced for 30th
well made?

Geez, i saw it and it took me 3 seconds to think "wow......this is plasticky......)

Seriously, it;s swful, you wiould expect shovel knight = metal like megaman but plastic?

yeah.......

smm stages was known since week,s not 3 days.

runbow leak?

inb4 this one feels plasticky :)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Who made this?
I don't think the creator ever came forward.

Like Frostwraith said, though, it was an attempt to disprove the ESRB leak (by making it look like the Duck Hunt Dog render from the leak was taken from an existing source).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom