• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Doesn't Mac have a similar model as well?
Yeah and a lot of characters share that model with Captain Falcon.

Zelda and Peach actually share a model as well and FE characters+Shulk.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
How do you guys feel about the English theme song?
I think it does a very good job at replicating the original.
The ''Gera-Po" is catchy as hell.

The rapper reminds me of how when you watch a movie from the 90's and the end credits song was always MC Hammer or some similar artist rapping about what the movie is about.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm still excited about the Yokai Watch anime regardless of Katie's voice. Katie is basically Shizuoka's voice (the girl in Doraemon) I believe, so that's probably why they got chosen for voice acting.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Yeah and a lot of characters share that model with Captain Falcon.

Zelda and Peach actually share a model as well and FE characters+Shulk.
Skeleton. They share a skeleton, not a model. And even that isn't technically true; what they share is the name standard number of joints, laid out in the same order.

I thought Ganondorf would've been the same, but his after pose was off. Weird considering they're clones...
Ganondorf has additional joints in the cape that likely upset the hierarchy.

So Falcon might be Spine > Shoulders > Neck, Ganondorf would be Spine > Shoulders > Cape > Neck. Because the cape corresponds numerically with Falcon's Neck joint, that's why the cape freaks out and why Ganondorf's neck doesn't follow the correct animation.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

The voice doesn't match up with the lips at times. It's like an olden days Godzilla film.
God lord I'm getting flashbacks to Digimon when it was first dubbed. Everything down to the rapping theme song.

And that's not a good thing, unless the plot is good.

>Also main character looks like he's 10-11
>Voice actor makes him sound like a 13-14 years old

Man, I love it how english dubs age a character by a few years

Chrono.

I thought Ganondorf would've been the same, but his after pose was off. Weird considering they're clones...
I thought the same thing, but then I remembered that Ganondorf doesn't share his model, cuz it's from that tech demo.

kylexv

Smash Master
God lord I'm getting flashbacks to Digimon when it was first dubbed. Everything down to the rapping theme song.

It isn't just dubbed anime that makes a character sound older.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

This might explain why kid characters back in the day had female voice actors when actual kids of that age would...well, age and loose the kids voice.

This is why I thought RehAsh Ketchum was older at the end of the Hoenn arc, but then Unova....

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

To be fair, he is 12 and would be 13 by the end of the show, so a voice sounding older on him, isn't that bad, and it actually works quite well.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
I thought the same thing, but then I remembered that Ganondorf doesn't share his model, cuz it's from that tech demo.
It's not the same model used in the 2001 tech demo as used in Melee. Same design, maybe, but the Melee model is considerably lower poly.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
*beats the ever-living **** out of a guy clearly not inciting anything*
"Aww yeah I made a new friend!"

Wtf kid. . .
That made me laugh too. Especially when the Yokai is just sitting there absolutely terrified the entire time.

This makes the claims against Pokemon's premise look...wow.

*beats the ever-living **** out of a guy clearly not inciting anything*
"Aww yeah I made a new friend!"

Wtf kid. . .
And for the record yes I understand this is essentially the plot of pokemon but at least usually they come out and attack you first. Even then I think that game is a bit weird as well. You also (for the most part) don't see pokemon clearly trying to back off and not wanting any part of it. It's a mutual fight. In this case? no.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I believe the barbecue party scene and Paws of Fury comes in the later episodes and the one doing Paws of Fury is appears in the later episodes. They are just clips after all, I think they have time to improve VA, the anime trailer seems to be an early beta IMO.

Yeah....I'll probably be skipping this.
It's better to watch the Japanese sub if you absolutely don't like the English voices.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I swear the dubbing and subbing issue with Yokai Watch is way too similar to Digimon except for the acting wasn't really awful (It was decent but didn't get better until Adventure 02) but the scripting was horrendously bad.

Atleast it won't be as bad as 4Kids dubbing where the script, voice direction, unnecessary censorship and just overall looking hokey as anything else.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I swear the dubbing and subbing issue with Yokai Watch is way too similar to Digimon except for the acting wasn't really awful (It was decent but didn't get better until Adventure 02) but the scripting was horrendously bad.

Atleast it won't be as bad as 4Kids dubbing where the script, voice direction, unnecessary censorship and just overall looking hokey as anything else.
Ugh, don't remind me of 4Kids censorship.... freaking "Donut" Riceballs....

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Of course! Did you send me a stage, btw? I think ZoroarkRules25 did, but I don't think I see one from you haha. Confusing names ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLdOY1bJ8wiVdfm3Y47Cb_Q There you go! :)

I'll tag all the people who's levels I've played so far:
Z25 Z25 ThePenguinGamer0 ThePenguinGamer0 @BlueX KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian

On my list:
@MasterofMonster @Jdaster64

If someone gave me a map and you're not on here, please tag me again, because I got a lot of notifications, I might have missed stuff.

I should probably just start a "Give me your stages" thread lol, but I'm too lazy/incompetent.
Sweet - I'll favorite your video on our Youtube channel to encourage our "vast wealth" of regulars to check you out. Expect an extra 20 views or so :p

This is perfect:
Oh gosh I might need to make this my new av

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Ugh, don't remind me of 4Kids censorship.... freaking "Donut" Riceballs....
That's not censorship. That's (misguided) localization. Kids in the US don't eat balls of rice. Kids in the US don't even eat bowls of rice. It's not that odd to try and change the food to something kids might actually like.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
That's not censorship. That's (misguided) localization. Kids in the US don't eat balls of rice. Kids in the US don't even eat bowls of rice. It's not that odd to try and change the food to something kids might actually like.
Well, I understand. Still stupid. Especially when it just boils down to just trying to make something it's not, me being an artist I like how things are originally.

And this here doesn't make me appreciate things being edited for the sake of "localization";

At least TRY to animate a damn sub sandwich rolling down a hill instead of just flipping the image up and down.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
The animation style and tone in Yokai Watch is probably more similar to Inazuma Eleven than Professor Layton now that I think about it. Then again, I suppose that makes sense since Level-5 deliberately went for a more European style for Layton. Perhaps that's why the style and humor felt pretty familiar to me....

I need to get used to more non Layton Level-5 games.....

Chrono.

Since someone brought up the riceball thing

It's funny cuz in the Japanese version he actually thinks it's SUSHI of all things.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Some of these dubs really confused me when I was younger. "That's a Doughnut? It doesn't look like one...."

And then there was that one episode that told you that an Arbok apparently can evolve into a Seviper. (Then again, I'm not sure if that was a dub issue or a mistake on the writers part....)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom