• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
I think Shovel Knight being in Smash is pretty much dead if there's no sign of him (Not saying he has to actually be playable at the moment, just an announcement that he's coming eventually) for the September 30th update. As unless he was supposed to be announced soon, I think Tamaki just got duped by the Shovel Knight amiibo hype and any attempt to say it's still alive will come out as covering his tracks as people ask him questions that suggest he was wrong/overreacted.

I'll remain skeptic about it until then, but the Sept. 30th update is for me Shovel Knight in Smash's last stand. I refuse to think a rumor like this should be taken seriously for the entire time Character DLC for Smash 4 is still live.
Interesting little conspiracy theory there lol

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Interesting little conspiracy theory there lol
Welcome to Smash Boards.

Where whenever something has a decent to remotely sizable chance of being real?

Any and all kinds of theories will come up that make zero sense.

''Little Mac/Shulk are the same render shopped. Shulk is a Marth palette swap. Bowser Jr is a Diddy Brawl Swap, Ryu and Roy are just Mii Fighter Outfits!", etc, etc.

The list goes on and on and will seemingly never stop.

Last edited:

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Welcome to Smash Boards.

''Little Mac/Shulk are the same render shopped. Shulk is a Marth palette swap. Bowser Jr is a Diddy Brawl Swap, Ryu and Roy are just Mii Fighter Outfits!", etc, etc.

The list goes on and on and will seemingly never stop.
Lol I get the idea with skepticism and that sort of thing. That's fine in my eyes. I totally understand. Doing odd mental gymnastics to come to conspiracy theories about an individual based upon cynical assumptions, on the other hand, comes off as weirdly personal and rude.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ugh, don't remind me of 4Kids censorship.... freaking "Donut" Riceballs....
To be honest, that never really bothered me. Not sure if I'd call it censorship either. Riceballs are pretty good though.

However what does bother me is the Americanization of Big Hero 6 movie. :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There is one good thing to come out of 4Kids' VA pool. If you get enjoyment out of morbid, narmful and creepy things that is.

And it wasn't in any of their shows.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lol I get the idea with skepticism and that sort of thing. That's fine in my eyes. I totally understand. Doing odd mental gymnastics to come to conspiracy theories about an individual based upon cynical assumptions, on the other hand, comes off as weirdly personal and rude.
Aye. Until we actually get official confirmation, it's pretty much inevitable. For what it's worth, your source seems to certainly have credibility if the admins and such can be trusted (And they can), and I know you are at least confident in your source at this point and not pulling people's legs and whatnot.

It just all comes down to "Probably" vs. "Definitely" for some folks, understandably.

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Welcome to Smash Boards.

Conversely, and far more often, we're trying to straw-grasp any and all remotely desirable leaks that could've been disproven by fonts or aspect ratios from minute one, while rejecting similarly fake leaks that don't have desirable information immediately.

ESRB and the Ryu / Roy datamine leak are the only ones I can imagine like what you stated, and the latter was a pretty small group of naysayers. Though I am surprised how many people were doubting that Ryu and Roy would be released on the same day as Lucas, after the clear videos and such were leaked the day before.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Tama Tama : I didn't mean to come off as rude, and I'm really sorry if it came out that way. But I'm just only going to believe this one when I see it. This isn't a case like the ESRB leak yet I feel.

If I'm wrong, fine. But this is one case where I'm not going to be convinced til' I see the real deal of Shovel Knight playable in Smash announced.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Lol :172:
At least this guy TRIED something different. I'd be down for Brinstar Depths too.

Khoru

Smash Champion
it's not like admins haven't been fooled by fake leaks before

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Before someone who likes Pichu comes in and calls me two faced, hypocritical in my belief, or bigoted towards him.

I'd accept him with open arms. I just don't think he's very likely.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/310806207
After yesterday a nice little text leak is kinda what we need
My only question is why they would bring back Brinstar Depths and add Kraid when he really has no reason to be there.

If they really want another Metroid boss hazard stage, then things like Phaaze(AU313), Oubliette(Gorea), and the Phazon Infusion Chamber(Metroid Prime) are better options.

Fenriraga

Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys, don't be silly. Pichu is already in Smash 4!
He evolved into :4pikachu: in Brawl remember? :troll:

Pichu still easily has the best crouch animation in the series.

Eat your heart out Dedede.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I still remember seeing the "open eyes" glitch in Melee with some characters, like Jiggy.

It would be pretty neat if when they would add FoD back as DLC, they effect still happens as a refernce to Melee.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

You know, sometimes I wonder about the reflection. Maybe it's a look into Pichu's soul: a never-ending void of blood and destruction.

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Tama Tama : I didn't mean to come off as rude, and I'm really sorry if it came out that way. But I'm just only going to believe this one when I see it. This isn't a case like the ESRB leak yet I feel.

If I'm wrong, fine. But this is one case where I'm not going to be convinced til' I see the real deal of Shovel Knight playable in Smash announced.
This is a good position to hold, and you shouldn't feel like you have to apologize for it.

Chrono.

...?
I hope this game is good. I couldn't be bothered to watch the entire demo because I'm a big baby but it looks good.
It looks good, I do hope it ends up being more than just another PT clone.

I'm just laughing at how silly the name is it reminds me of all those knock off brands you see on TV shows.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pichu? Really?
I laughed more at the fact that he spelled brinstar depths as BRAINstar depths. Zombie confirmed!
:troll:

Still I wouldn't oppose pichu but find him unlikely, especially as a full clone and paid DLC. if he was more decloned like Roy, then maybe he would have better chances with the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom