• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
It is kinda weird that they keep going out of their way to debunk these leaks.

Although, I guess not addressing it at all would make things worse.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
To me it just seems:

• If they were quiet, it's real
  • If they spoke about it vaguely, it's real.

I understand, they didn't shoot it down but still, what should they do? It's gonna be real or fake regardless of what they do.

/my2cents

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think it's mostly a "damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario". Especially with the Amiibo.

So really if it is true and you can't back out of the corner, why not have a little fun?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
D

Deleted member

Assuming Shovel Knight is in, it doesn't matter what YCG says, they can't do anything about it.

If they say it's real, people will believe them and the surprise would be spoiled
If they say it's fake, people will think that they are liying to keep the secret.

They are screwed either way.

I don't believe anything until i see that Shovel Knight is confirmed for real in Smash.
Though im not calling this fake or anything. Im just skeptical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I wonder if there's a possibility this could end up being a repeat of Gematsu and Chrom.

D

Deleted member

I wonder if there's a possibility this could end up being a repeat of Gematsu and Chrom.
I personally believe that this is the case, though i have no evidence to support it. It's just an assumpsion i have until more news pop out.

Now watch out people debating that the SK rumor was real but outdated :troll:.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
https://www.twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/646495145819508736

Tama's going in hot!

Not that they're gonna reply to that. It's a valid point regardless.
I think team real is looking a bit more likely...
It's not really valid though.
A) The ycg tweet said the listing wasnt real, not that a shovel knight amiibo wasn't real (which was the actual question), so that tweet didnt actually "shoot down" anything.
B) This isnt the first time they've had a "look over there tweet" in response to people asking questions.
C) Do we even know it was the same person who posted? Does only one YCG member use that account?
D) General PR speak. Sometimes being coy, regardless of facts, is good for your image. That tweet got us and probably many other talking about shovel knight whether he's in smash or not.

Long story short we still dont know jack, but we probably will in about a week.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
inb4 Shantae is confrmed and Shovel Knight is part of her final smash. :troll:
A bunch of indie characters coming out to be a part of a character's final smash ala :4megaman:.

I wanna have an indie game fighter solely for this

D

Deleted member

Is there another shovel knight leak? I though one got deconfirmed by the artist yesterday

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
If that's the case, I hope they don't cancel Shovel Knight for DLC. It sounds like a cool idea.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh damn!
Tama with the callout.
Watch this all backfire and they cancel Shovel Knight in Smash Bros.
Christ almighty! I would hope not. Especially after Palutena...

Never forget the lives lost to bring us our glorious franchise.

Edit: Wrong quote. Sorry.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I'm more so wonder how his shovel gonna/would work.It mean it doesn't really act like a sword in shovel knight(at least to me) i mean it would be werid to see shovel knight using his sword like Marth or meta knight

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
A bunch of indie characters coming out to be a part of a character's final smash ala :4megaman:.

"And for the Final Smash, it's the indie scenes's not-so-famous co-stars".
Shantae's Final Smash with Shovel Knight, Quote, Viridian and the guy from Runbow.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Sakurai isn't just cancelling Shovel Knight.

He's cancelling Smash 4 as a whole.

Can't leak something if there's nothing to leak.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I'm more so wonder how his shovel gonna/would work.It mean it doesn't really act like a sword in shovel knight(at least to me) i mean it would be werid to see shovel knight using his sword like Marth or meta knight
It's a blunt object, does it really have to NOT work like a sword or how a shovel would really be used? Most of the attacks in this game done by character's breaks some laws of physics, so seeing a shovel piecing through a person doesn't really seem all that weird to me.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master

I actually came up with that idea for Shovel Knight just today, no joke. Shovel Knight would summon the indie quest characters from Runbow and they would beat up the enemies. I called it Indie Beat Up.

D

Deleted member

inb4 Shantae is confrmed and Shovel Knight is part of her final smash. :troll:
>New trailer appears
>It starts out with Pichu saying PICHU PICHU (what is this power?)
>PICHU WAKES THE THUNDER?!
>It is revealed that Wolf is back.
>Shovel Knight is seeing laying on the ground with no strenghts to fight, deconfirming the rumor.
>Pichu attepmts to attack Wolf but he counter attacks and is ready to end him with a Wolf Punch.
>Wolf is attacked before he gets the chance.
>A mysterious figure descents.
>"It's going to be all right".
>"TIME TO TIP THE DANCE!"
>SHANTAE BRINGS THE BELLY!
>PICHU PICHU (Shantae!)
>Smash has many powerfull foes Pichu.
>"BUT IM NO ORDINARY INDIE"
>*Footage shows Shantae's many transformations*
>PICHU PICHU PICHU ("Wow, you have so many transformations")
>"I can only use them so many times, which is why i carry my pirate gear!"
>PICHU PICHU PICHU PICHU PI CHU PI ("This is no time for me to rest, i'll fight at your side!")
>Footage shows Pichu on action, showing that his moveset is cloned from Pikachu.
>PICHU PICHU PICHU PICHU ("Are those the 3rd parties icons themselves"?)
>"And the mighty Pikachu of thunder!"
>"Worthy opponents indeed!"
>Trailer ends with all 7 on the battlefiend attacking each other on slow motion and the Sm4sh logo appears.
>The camera zooms into Shovel Knight who says "I suppose i will get my chance in Project X Zone 3" and he starts sleeping.
>NO YOU WILL GET IT TODAY and it reveals that Shovel Knight is a final smash for Shantae.
>Lastly it shows that Shantae's new male counterpart, Hantae, is an alternate costume.

I was bored.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom