• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I believe someone did make an Indie Smash game. I think it was from Newgrounds? I don't remember the name, though.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I believe someone did make an Indie Smash game. I think it was from Newgrounds? I don't remember the name, though.
I think I know what you're talking about.
That wasn't really an "indie" brawler though. It was mostly just Newgrounds and characters from some other Flash games. Basically it was a Flash game crossover.

EDIT: Yeah, it's called Newgrounds Rumble.
Follow this link and you can play it right the hell now.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/381115

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So on Miiverse, I found a serious request for people to vote for Groose, but I can't find the link. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I wouldn't mind Groose in Smash. It probably won't happen this iteration, but maybe next game it could.

Soul.

In an ideal, final DLC character release we'd be getting the most wanted characters, with a few wild cards, therefore ending 3DS/Wii U speculation as a whole on a good note. I would be surprised if we didn't get what fans wanted, especially after the "fan service" thing.

Then the development team focuses solely on balance patches. Everyone is happy, the end. Until a hypothetical Smash Bros. 6

Soul.

wait

If I'm reading this right, Nintendo using that technology means more third party support, then share codes with the portable system should NX be a home console... holy **** this is huge. Don't screw it up.

D

Deleted member

You know.....I'd actually be down for Hammer Bowser in Smash 5. Or at least have it as a special or final smash for normal Bowser.
There's no confirmation of a Skylanders: Superchargers Japanese release (and there likely won't be, judging by the other Skylanders games barring Spyro's Adventure), so I wouldn't expect it.

D

Deleted member

Let's not forget
:4mewtwo:=Freeza
:4dk:=Whammu
:4greninja:=Caesar
:4littlemac:=Joseph
:4myfriends:=Guts
:4bowserjr:=Lagann
:4shulk:=MATOI RYUKO!
:4feroy:=Roy Mustang

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
There's no confirmation of a Skylanders: Superchargers Japanese release (and there likely won't be, judging by the other Skylanders games barring Spyro's Adventure), so I wouldn't expect it.
I'm not expecting it, I just think it'd be a cool idea.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I'm just curious; you seem to be putting "ignore this post" a lot, why'd you randomly put ignore part 1 in this post?
I made a joke about how Nibroc sounds like nimrod, but then decided that it was probably mean.

I sorta post things on an impulse and don't really think them through, so I just edit them.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Let's not forget
:4mewtwo:=Freeza
:4dk:=Whammu
:4greninja:=Caesar
:4littlemac:=Joseph
:4myfriends:=Guts
:4bowserjr:=Lagann
:4shulk:=MATOI RYUKO!
:4feroy:=Roy Mustang

I think of it more like this:
:4lucina:-Raiden
:4feroy:-Sam
:4metaknight:-Blade Wolf
:4palutena:-Ministral
:4mewtwo:-Monsoon
:4bowser:-Sundowner
:4ganondorf:-Senator Armstrong

Guess what game I've been replaying for the 4th time

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The single best Final Smash that Shovel Knight could have would be "Catch Him/Her".

It starts with a short-ranged attack that locks your opponent into the Final Smash (think Greninja's trap door before he starts the actual Night Slash). Shovel Knight quickly scoops up with his shovel. Whoever is caught will be shot extremely high in the air. From there the screen will go white, it will show him/her starting to fall, and then cut back to Shovel Knight, who has to jump up and catch him/her, and when he does, he brutally body slams the enemy into the ground.

It would be beautiful.

Also I'd like to point out that I got official approval from Yacht Club games to put Shovel Knight in my now cancelled Smash Bros fan-game over a year ago. I got the blessing for Shovel Knight in Smash before Sakurai did. Ha.

Last edited:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
https://www.twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/646495145819508736

Tama's going in hot!

Not that they're gonna reply to that. It's a valid point regardless.
I think team real is looking a bit more likely...
I think it's a mistake to go after Yacht Club directly, that's always barking up the wrong tree. Yes, the way Yacht Club responds to rumors has been inconsistent. They've denied false rumors, they've denied rumors that are true. Now they're refusing to comment- which is honestly more professional. People would read into it either way, and although I think their response was a bit weird we should take it at face value.

I'd be more interested if there was more information from the source tbh, but if he's building it up, maybe he's more confident in the rumor than I thought.
If this actually doesn't turn out as we expect it, Shovel Knight as a playable character...this would look bad on Tama's image. Hoping all is good for his sake.
If this turns out false, people will sling **** at him, which would be unfortunate. Hell, people already had a habit of twisting the truth to impugn both his credibility and character.

D

Deleted member

I think of it more like this:
:4lucina:-Raiden
:4feroy:-Sam
:4metaknight:-Blade Wolf
:4palutena:-Ministral
:4mewtwo:-Monsoon
:4bowser:-Sundowner
:4ganondorf:-Senator Armstrong

Guess what game I've been replaying for the 4th time
>Raiden
Mortal Kombat?

Also, let me try this
Some of these are really stretching it tho
:4pikachu:-Zatch
:4palutena:-Tio
:4dedede:-Kanchome
:4lucario:-Kanchome
:4feroy:-Zophise
:4ganondorf:-Brago
:4rob:-Robnos
:4megaman:-Kido
:4falcon:-Bali
:4robinm::4robinf:-[input Book Guardian here]
Can you tell which anime of my childhood I'm reliving?

Khoru

Smash Champion
"And for the Final Smash, it's the indie scenes's not-so-famous co-stars".
Shantae's Final Smash with Shovel Knight, Quote, Viridian and the guy from Runbow.
>quote
>less famous than shantae
(yes, i know this reflects the wording in the smash direct)

also someone was wanting this earlier

Last edited:

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Seriously, why do people go after twitters like that? What happened to speculation like the good old times? Now it's like......."Is it true?" and stuff. Really bugs me. Oh well. Good thing I am patient. Besides, Twitter isn't my thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom