• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
That's exactly what it's referring to. He says he wouldn't be asking people to vote for Shovel Knight if the rumor that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash was true. Which makes sense. Why encourage people to waste a vote and their time when you know your character is already coming?

I still think looking for clues in a PR twitter feed isn't going to reveal anything either way, however.
Sure, I'm not trying to unearth clues. I'm just speculating like everyone else. I know they're obviously not going to slip up and go "you got us!", but you have to admit that the way they've been with this is suspicious.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I still think the SK(more so for personal reasons than this 'rumor') but if he was coming i personally think the twittee would say anything about it

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Sure, I'm not trying to unearth clues. I'm just speculating like everyone else. I know they're obviously not going to slip up and go "you got us!", but you have to admit that the way they've been with this is suspicious.
I just know from past experience, every PR statement from every company about anything is 'suspicious.' You can't confirm or deny anything, and even by saying 'I can't confirm or deny anything', people think you're confirming and denying everything.

Anybody remember the Rayman thing, where Ubisoft commented on the leak by saying 'we'll make a statement tomorrow' and everybody read way too much into it, taking it as evidence the leak was legitimate? When really all they meant was, hey, we'll make a statement tomorrow.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I think the most important thing I learned about YCG is that they appreciate Chrono Cross' soundtrack. That game had some good music.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I still think it's in YCG's best interest to keep plausible rumours alive. Shovel Knight's physical release and Amiibo are right around the corner. Not killing off the idea that SK could be in Smash is a good move, as it creates a very good image of SK.

It's like "woah, if Shovel Knight is good enough to get in Smash then I better check his game out".
I don't think there's anything that calculated going on, tbh. It's just more professional to make a policy of not commenting on rumors. Rumors of SK in Smash are spreading, they're probably just putting their foot down.

EDIT: If you want to learn "how to not respond to Smash rumors on Twitter" you can always check out Wayforward.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't think there's anything that calculated going on, tbh. It's just more professional to make a policy of not commenting on rumors. Rumors of SK in Smash are spreading, they're probably just putting their foot down.
I don't see how it's calculated. They didn't spread rumours themselves. They'd be foolish not to capitalise on them.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Personally, NDAs are a dangerous beast to prod. If you're under one, better not to risk legal action. If you're not, better not in fear of alienating your Fan base.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
So good, in fact, that they landed a front page article on this site.

Because a tweet with click bait wording deserves exposure.

/s
You should drop that salt.

Just because one eager fan does something dumb, doesn't make everything Wayforward do bad on intent. This goes for every known fanbase, someone has done something stupid at some point.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Just because one eager fan does something dumb, doesn't make everything Wayforward do bad on intent. This goes for every known fanbase, someone has done something stupid at some point.
:.:.:.:..:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:...::.:.:
::::::.:.:....:.:.:.:.:
:,,,:,:,:,:,:,,:,:,:,:,:,::,

Crud. Dropped my salt. Help me pick it up? :p

Didn't the IMDB edit happen after the tweet, even ignoring the fact that I never brought it up in the first place? WF obviously didn't have any malicious intent when doing it, but it was a poor choice of words.

Then again, someone else's view on something shouldn't offend you if its not being directed towards you.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I don't think we're gonna get anything useful from poking around twitter.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It's worth noting that Xander Mobus adhered to his NDA on Twitter when questioned about the Rayman fake, since Rayman not being selected in the so called video raised a red flag for many in that regard.

Sure, the Rayman fake and Shovel Knight rumor have widely different factors, but still, considering that we're poking on Twitter for clues...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
NDAs are very tricky, so I think (unfortunately) a wait and see approach is the best policy for this rumor...as nothing can fully shoot it down right now.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
NDAs are very tricky, so I think (unfortunately) a wait and see approach is the best policy for this rumor...as nothing can fully shoot it down right now.
The source was confident Shovel Knight wasn't going to be a Mii costume, so if that happens, then in this scenario, we can truly say the rumour is debunked, pretty much putting Shovel Knight in the same position as he was before this rumour.

Chrono.

Expected.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Unrelated but I ran into Koji Igarashi's Mario Maker page, very fun levels and he's remade a couple of Castlevania levels too (mainly from Rondo of Blood).

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Is there a new Rumor we are talking about now? I am once again not caught up, and the site is so horribly slow for me going from page to page. :/

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
As of right now, nothing strengthens or weakens the rumor. So we're back at square one AGAIN. Better to just to sit back and wait then try to find clues since it'll gets us nowhere.
Remember it's a rumor, not a leak where it's something we can easily investigate, find into sources and having actual evidence. We'll get nowhere snooping around Twitter.

Expected.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Unrelated but I ran into Koji Igarashi's Mario Maker page, very fun levels and he's remade a couple of Castlevania levels too (mainly from Rondo of Blood).
Man I really love Viewtiful Joe and the characters, aesthetics, music and everything all around but haven't even played the games but considering I want the GC versions and I can't find any cheap ones kinda makes me sad.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Yes, but not every game developer has done something stupid in relation to the Smash ballot.

It's not just a case of the Shantae supporters getting hyped up over trivial things; Matt Bozon himself is doing it. There's a big difference between a couple fanboys saying "OMG SHANTAE WAS ON A POSTER WITH MARIO, THIS IS A GOOD SIGN!", and Bozon saying it.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well hopefully we'll have something to go on this time next week.

If it turns out to be nothing but the stage and a few costumes, what costumes do you think we'll get? I'm thinking Mario based ones.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Yes, but not every game developer has done something stupid in relation to the Smash ballot.

It's not just a case of the Shantae supporters getting hyped up over trivial things; Matt Bozon himself is doing it. There's a big difference between a couple fanboys saying "OMG SHANTAE WAS ON A POSTER WITH MARIO, THIS IS A GOOD SIGN!", and Bozon saying it.
Whatever. I guess he shouldn't have done what he has done, but not every person in the world is going to act the same way someone else would have had in these kinds of situations, like how Yacht club is handling things. He's just a human being, anyone can make mistakes and as far as I know, I believe he slowed down doing that kind of thing.

At this point, what happened, happened. There's nothing mush else to harp the guy over at this point.

Chrono.

If it turns out to be nothing but the stage and a few costumes, what costumes do you think we'll get? I'm thinking Mario based ones.
I can see Toad getting a Brawler costume. But after that last batch of costumes, I'm not gonna bother predicting anything from there.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Whatever. I guess he shouldn't have done what he has done, but not every person in the world is going to act the same way someone else would have had in these kinds of situations, like how Yacht club is handling things. He's just a human being, anyone can make mistakes and as far as I know, I believe he slowed down doing that kind of thing.

At this point, what happened, happened. There's nothing mush else to harp the guy over at this point.
I'd expect a professional to, y'know, act like a professional.

It's not like people are bashing Wayforward for no reason, anyway. It's relevant to the discussion. They were talking about game company's PR, and of all the devs that have talked about Smash on social media, Wayforward handled it the worst.

As I always say during "Who's the next Mii costume?" conversations.....I'm banking on Isaac.

I'm sure there will be a third party costume thrown in there, too, since we've had at least one in the other three DLC waves.

If I recall correctly, the only DLC wave that had costumes relevant to other parts of the Wave was all the fighting game characters being released alongside Ryu. Wave 1 had no Pokemon costumes, and Wave 3 had no Mario or Zelda costumes (but did have Fire Emblem and Earthbound costumes, which would've fit better in Wave 2). I'm not expecting the next Mii costumes to be Mario-related.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He's just a human being, anyone can make mistakes
HEY SHANTAE FANS I SHALL JOIN YOU IN HYPING TRIVIAL THINGS

Actually, you know what, that is indeed a mistake.

noun
  1. 1.
    an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.
If that isn't misguided I don't know what is.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Seems like I missed a lot of leak craziness... Also 18+ notifications on here thanks. Uh. Yeah. Not trying to bring this up again, so...

I want to see Ridley Mii-Costume just to see all the Ridley-fans going ham. >:^) Only for extra BIG characters...

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Seems like I missed a lot of leak craziness... Also 18+ notifications on here thanks. Uh. Yeah. Not trying to bring this up again, so...

I want to see Ridley Mii-Costume just to see all the Ridley-fans going ham. >:^)
Well, we did just get a Chrom costume....

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they released a Ridley one.

D

Deleted member

I want to see Ridley Mii-Costume just to see all the Ridley-fans going ham. >:^)
A Ridley costume would be way better than what we currently have
Don't know how it'd work tho

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeah, I actually expect some third-party Mii costumes in the next wave. Probably from Bandai Namco, Capcom or Sega franchises.

I do wonder if they'll do some kind of cross-promotion between Smash and Project X Zone considering the companies involved in both games...

Is there a new Rumor we are talking about now? I am once again not caught up, and the site is so horribly slow for me going from page to page. :/
Has the site been slow for you since the upgrade? If so, make sure to drop by the Forum Support section to report the issue.

As for rumors, there's only the Shovel Knight one. There were a bunch of pictures posted on 4chan, but already proven as fake.

Still, Tama Tama 's rumor has yet to be determined as true or fake.

gameonion

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gameonion
3DS FC
4382-1966-1902
Yeah, I actually expect some third-party Mii costumes in the next wave. Probably from Bandai Namco, Capcom or Sega franchises.

I do wonder if they'll do some kind of cross-promotion between Smash and Project X Zone considering the companies involved in both games...

Has the site been slow for you since the upgrade? If so, make sure to drop by the Forum Support section to report the issue.

As for rumors, there's only the Shovel Knight one. There were a bunch of pictures posted on 4chan, but already proven as fake.

Still, Tama Tama 's rumor has yet to be determined as true or fake.
Tamaki has posted a rumor? What is that all about?

Burb

The Absolute Worst
A Ridley costume would be way better than what we currently have
Don't know how it'd work tho
I think he'd be a Brawler.

It would look really strange, but so does the K. Rool one.

Tamaki has posted a rumor? What is that all about?
The Shovel Knight in Smash rumor that's been floating around for weeks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom