• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khoru

Smash Champion
I think you misinterpreted my words.
I was saying that the indies were "less than famous" not "less famous than Shantae".
okay, yeah, that makes sense. mb

a final smash for shantae is actually a bit of an issue though, isn't it
like she doesn't have something that would be particularly fitting as a super move
i'm not using this as a point of detraction, i'm just saying

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I really think we should just get characters that are highly requested worldwide... Because then Wolf, K. Rool, and Inklings would be in the game.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
>Raiden
Mortal Kombat?

Also, let me try this
Some of these are really stretching it tho
:4pikachu:-Zatch
:4palutena:-Tio
:4dedede:-Kanchome
:4lucario:-Kanchome
:4feroy:-Zophise
:4ganondorf:-Brago
:4rob:-Robnos
:4megaman:-Kido
:4falcon:-Bali
:4robinm::4robinf:-[input Book Guardian here]
Can you tell which anime of my childhood I'm reliving?
The 'other' Raiden. Not Rayden

Also Zatch Bell. I watched it and played the GC game beforehand

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
@zoroarkrules25 KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icX-IpueMQ0&feature=youtu.be

And for anyone else who wants me to play their levels, I'm happy to announce http://www.slickwylde.com! Check out the site, it'll tell you how to send me requests! :D

Kenbo, something happened to the audio, so I didn't get to spend as much time with yours on the video as I liked. Once I get my software fixed, I'll take a look at another. I thought your stage was really good.

Zoroark, yours was great too, and pretty tough! :0 (I'm bad at Mario)

D

Deleted member

The 'other' Raiden. Not Rayden

Also Zatch Bell. I watched it and played the GC game beforehand
Obligatory
-------joke------>
____you____

And, geez, what gave it away?
Which one of the GC games you played(I believe there are only two though)?
Also, I recently found out there is a Japanese only Zatch Bell game that plays just like Smash
Emulating that thing when I have the chance

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608
okay, yeah, that makes sense. mb

a final smash for shantae is actually a bit of an issue though, isn't it
like she doesn't have something that would be particularly fitting as a super move
i'm not using this as a point of detraction, i'm just saying
When it comes to Sakurai he'll always make a final smash for a character I mean look at :4duckhunt::4wiifit::4villager:.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Do you think playable Rayquaza could work in a real smash game? I feel it would be fine because when I play Pokemon games I don't see him as big as in the movies.
But you know he may always ends up like Ridley.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Do you think playable Rayquaza could work in a real smash game? I feel it would be fine because when I play Pokemon games I don't see him as big as in the movies.
But you know he may always ends up like Ridley.
Yeah he should be playable so that way he can break 2 different games at the same time.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Rayden?

:troll:

Funny I just found this image just a little while ago too.
Funny but that how MK's Raiden's name is pronounced.

I was doing Metal Gear, specifically Rising.

Here's a few last crossover

:4robinm:-Yu
:4shulk:-Yosuke
:4wiifit:-Chie
:4zelda:-Yukiko
:4myfriends:-Kanji
:4peach:-Rise
:4lucina:-Naoto
:4sonic:-Teddie
:rosalina:-Margeret
:4mario:-Dojima
:4villagerf:Bamako
:4luigi:-Adachi

:4robinm:-Shirou
:4lucina:-Saber
:4zelda:-Rin
:4robinf:-Sakura
:4link:-Archer
:4marth:-Lancer
:4palutena:-Rider
:4bowser:-Beserker
:4villagerf:-Ilya
:4feroy:-Gilgamesh

Obligatory
-------joke------>
____you____

And, geez, what gave it away?
Which one of the GC games you played(I believe there are only two though)?
Also, I recently found out there is a Japanese only Zatch Bell game that plays just like Smash
Emulating that thing when I have the chance
It was one of the fighting games by Tomy. The same team behind the GC/Wii Naruto and Bleach games

Last edited:

Chrono.

Funny but that how MK's Raiden's name is pronounced.

I was doing Metal Gear, specifically Rising.

Here's a few last crossover

:4robinm:-Yu
:4shulk:-Yosuke
:4wiifit:-Chie
:4zelda:-Yukiko
:4myfriends:-Kanji
:4peach:-Rise
:4lucina:-Naoto
:4sonic:-Teddie
:rosalina:-Margeret
:4mario:-Dojima
:4villagerf:Bamako
:4luigi:-Adachi

:4robinm:-Shirou
:4lucina:-Saber
:4zelda:-Rin
:4robinf:-Sakura
:4link:-Archer
:4marth:-Lancer
:4palutena:-Rider
:4bowser:-Beserker
:4villagerf:-Ilya
:4feroy:-Gilgamesh
P4 and FSN.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Also there something big going down with voice actors. They are actually going on strike
image.jpg

We’re asking for a reasonable performance bonus for every 2 million copies, or downloads sold, or 2 million unique subscribers to online-only games, with a cap at 8 million units/ subscribers. That shakes out, potentially, to FOUR bonus payments for the most successful games: 2 million, 4 million, 6 million and 8 million copies.

Here are some of their proposals:

Our employers propose to fine you $2,500 if you show up late or are not “attentive to the services for which [you] have been engaged.” This means you could be fined for almost anything: checking an incoming text, posting to your Twitter feed, even zoning out for a second. If a producer feels you are being “inattentive,” they want the option to fine you $2,500.

Our employers propose to fine your agent $50,000-100,000 if they don't send you out on certain auditions (like Atmospheric Voices or One Hour One Voice sessions). And if your agent chooses not to submit you for certain auditions, the employers want it put into contract language that SAG-AFTRA will revoke the agent’s union franchise. This would mean your agency would not be able to send you or anyone else they represent out on any union jobs, including those in animation, TV/Film, Commercials, etc.

Our employers don’t believe that Motion and Performance Capture work is covered under this contract. The companies also proposed they be allowed to hire their own employees to play characters in video games without having to join the union.

There are other proposals that reduce integration/reuse fees and allow the sunset of Cloud Gaming provisions that rollback the gains we’ve made in previous contracts.
Will Wheton, Grey DeLisle and Ken Lally are a part of it as well. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Can someone translate this into layman's terms, please? I think I understand it, but....
They're treated like crap, constantly have their jobs threatened, and can be fined for almost anything due to ambiguous or ignored contract terms. They want a reform and a bonus for games that sell well.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
@zoroarkrules25 KenboCalrissian KenboCalrissian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icX-IpueMQ0&feature=youtu.be

And for anyone else who wants me to play their levels, I'm happy to announce http://www.slickwylde.com! Check out the site, it'll tell you how to send me requests! :D

Kenbo, something happened to the audio, so I didn't get to spend as much time with yours on the video as I liked. Once I get my software fixed, I'll take a look at another. I thought your stage was really good.

Zoroark, yours was great too, and pretty tough! :0 (I'm bad at Mario)
That was very entertaining to watch! Word of caution, 'A Sheikah's Trial' is significantly harder. You'll definitely need to bust out your 1337 level editting skillz for that one!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
https://www.twitter.com/Doctor_Cupcakes/status/646495145819508736

Tama's going in hot!

Not that they're gonna reply to that. It's a valid point regardless.
I think team real is looking a bit more likely...
How does Yacht Club games shooting down a rumor that turned out to be true make it MORE likely that the rumor they gave a no comment to is real?

If they shot this leak down as well you might have a point, as the logic of "shot down a real leak once before" would still be there.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Can't wait! Word of caution, 'A Sheikah's Trial' is significantly harder. You'll definitely need to bust out your 1337 level editting skillz for that one!
I'm always worried that someone is going to get offended, but I figured you'd know I wasn't really trying to make your stage better. ;)

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Also there something big going down with voice actors. They are actually going on strike
View attachment 74736

I'd support this so hard.

My biggest pet peeve in the western gaming/cartoon industry is how often voices are recast. And it's not done because the actors don't want to continue playing the role, not usually. It's done because the companies always want to pay the bare minimum possible for the work. They get *no* respect for the work they do, and get paid pennies. I don't think there's a single voice actor working today, even the high profile ones that seem to be in everything, like Troy Baker, John DiMaggio or Steven Blum, that sustains themselves financially just doing voice work. They all do it as side projects, for the love of the art. It's ridiculous.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

What time of the day was the NEW CONTENT APPROACHING announced?

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'm curious.
How do you all think the internet would react if all vets (perhaps sans snake) returned on the 30th?
While I think it's highly unlikely to the point of being laughable, I think we'd get slightly more joy than hate. I'd certainly be glad to see Ivysaur, squirtle, and wolf even though I wasnt bothered by their absence (And they were among my top 6 favorite brawl characters)
I think this would accurately sum up my feelings.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
How does Yacht Club games shooting down a rumor that turned out to be true make it MORE likely that the rumor they gave a no comment to is real?

If they shot this leak down as well you might have a point, as the logic of "shot down a real leak once before" would still be there.
You misunderstand. They shot down a "mislisting" of the Shovel Knight amiibo from a Spanish website that used Smashify art. They did not explicitly deny whether or not there was going to be a Shovel Knight amiibo regardless at any point, however.

My hypothesis, therefore, is that they do not outright deny the truth. It's not in their way of doing things. They will simply talk around it and brush it off. When the rumour emerged from Nintendo Life about the SK amiibo, they never explicitly denied that; they avoided the question and didn't address it head on. They're doing the same with the whole Smash thing.

Someone on Twitter put it pretty well:

redroses

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marmalade
View attachment 74736

Yes! This will get all my support. Voice Actors are so important, because they are what give the characters their biggest personality. They deserve to be treated so much better. Being a VA isn't easy, and it makes me sad to see these people be treated/paid so badly, especially because what they do has such an impact on the characters we all love.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Furthermore, my point in replying to them was this:

They came out and said that they do not comment on rumours and speculation. There's nothing wrong with that. However, in the past, they have happily shot down rumours, which contradicts their statement. By my hypothesis, they DO comment on rumours and speculation - but seemingly only when they're not true.

Examples:

When they shot down the mislisting of Shovel Knight:
They shot down a rumour about Shovel Knight being free on PS+:
They're not coming out and explicitly denying this Shovel Knight in Smash rumour. They're just dancing around the question and that, I think, could possibly mean something:

Last edited:

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
You misunderstand. They shot down a "mislisting" of the Shovel Knight amiibo from a Spanish website that used Smashify art. They did not explicitly deny whether or not there was going to be a Shovel Knight amiibo regardless at any point, however.

My hypothesis, therefore, is that they do not outright deny the truth. It's not in their way of doing things. They will simply talk around it and brush it off. When the rumour emerged from Nintendo Life about the SK amiibo, they never explicitly denied that; they avoided the question and didn't address it head on. They're doing the same with the whole Smash thing.

Someone on Twitter put it pretty well:

Didn't they outright deny the rumors of the European release date and physical version, both of which ended up being true?

I don't have a source on that myself, and it's probably buried somewhere in their very active twitter account, but I've seen people say that they've effectively lied before. Not that this really changes what you're saying, but I don't think they've been totally consistent on how they respond to rumors.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
Didn't they outright deny the rumors of the European release date and physical version, both of which ended up being true?

I don't have a source on that myself, and it's probably buried somewhere in their very active twitter account, but I've seen people say that they've effectively lied before. Not that this really changes what you're saying, but I don't think they've been totally consistent on how they respond to rumors.
I don't remember anything like that, but do hit me up if anyone can find it. Like you said though, they have been consistent with their responses to rumours thus far with anything linked to their business with Nintendo.

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
I don't remember anything like that, but do hit me up if anyone can find it. Like you said though, they have been consistent with their responses to rumours thus far with anything linked to their business with Nintendo.
Did a little bit of digging, and I'm not really sure what to say about it.
This tweet is in response to someone asking about Best Buy Canada's listing for 'New! Shovel Knight' which went up and was promptly removed before Yacht Club was even asked about it.

I'd say this feels like a flat out denial, but again, that was months ago and not on the subject of Smash. In any case, I think the moral of the story is that Yacht Club's PR is not to be trusted. :V

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Regarding that voice actors stuff and excuse me for sounding like a massive weeb, but the Japanese tend to be do things better in the business sense.

I'm not talking about performance, mind you. Voice acting is far more prominent there, given they have an animation industry unlike anywhere else in the world. 60% of the entire world's animation is done in Japan.

Overall, some Japanese voice actors can be involved in so many projects, they can have full time jobs doing voice acting. Some even become famous there and could be considered celebrities.

Of course, the reality over there is different for reasons I've just explained, but at least, it seems to me that there's more respect for voice actors than in the West, not just from fans of anime or video games.

I'm not saying we should be like the Japanese. That is completely unreasonable due to several factors including cultural differences, but they are an example in regards to respecting a job that actually matters more than some people might think. I actually would like to see Western VAs get more recognition from other people besides the fans.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I also remember them denying Shovel Knight being in Smash to a fan at an earlier point in time, so their coyness doesn't really matter one way or another in terms of this rumour, considering they have nothing to lose by not denying consideirng the publicity Shovel Knight is getting. Looking to deeply into Yatch Club's tweets is a pointless method of trying to determine the legitimacy of this rumour either way.

Tama

Smash Apprentice
I also remember them denying Shovel Knight being in Smash to a fan at an earlier point in time, so their coyness doesn't really matter one way or another in terms of this rumour, considering they have nothing to lose by not denying consideirng the publicity Shovel Knight is getting. Looking to deeply into Yatch Club's tweets is a pointless method of trying to determine the legitimacy of this rumour either way.
Source...? Of course it does, if previously they denied all of the other fake Nintendo-linked stuff, but won't deny this.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I still think it's in YCG's best interest to keep plausible rumours alive. Shovel Knight's physical release and Amiibo are right around the corner. Not killing off the idea that SK could be in Smash is a good move, as it creates a very good image of SK.

It's like "woah, if Shovel Knight is good enough to get in Smash then I better check his game out".

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
On second thought, it seems they were specifically referring to the amiibo rumour, though the way they written it made me think it was specifically referring to the rumour of him being in Smash.
That's exactly what it's referring to. He says he wouldn't be asking people to vote for Shovel Knight if the rumor that Shovel Knight was coming to Smash was true. Which makes sense. Why encourage people to waste a vote and their time when you know your character is already coming?

I still think looking for clues in a PR twitter feed isn't going to reveal anything either way, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom