• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
so i finally decided to get super mario maker. looking forward to see what levels people have amde and hopefully i'll play some of you guy's levels and hopefully mine too.

Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei thanx for having my back on that matter.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You know the more I think about it.
I feel as though we will get two stages and at the very least two characters.
And after it they will release the Ballot Characters next year.
Because I think two stages and two characters would be more than enough to last us till January.
Well this is how I see it.

D

Deleted member

Number 2

Final Destination Ver. 2
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U​

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Caught up from the weekend. I'm expecting Wolf on the 30th. I'm not sure if he would make it post-ballot. I think people are voting for characters other than Wolf because they just assume he'll get in. Pre-ballot i think is his best bet.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
If a character is going to be released It'll either be Wolf or Shovel Knight. That said, I hope the 4th stage is Fourside because I would really like some Mother 3 music in the 3DS version since it is a handheld game.

Soul.

So I was wondering, since I'm a scrub when it comes to being an expert on speculah.

Why do people think that, because the character/property is new, they're better off being in a hypothetical "next Smash game(s)"?

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
You can't just brush it off like that.

This isn't just a case on whether an idea is valid. It's whether it was a common belief in the past. It was a pretty prevalent idea.

You can't just brush off history like that.
I don't ever remember it being a common belief. Especially as pretty much every viable character has a trophy in-game. People may have brought up the notion every now and then, but it was never a case of "OH MY GOD ANYONE WITH A TROPHY IS DECONFIRMED".

Dude this is Smash Bros fanbase

Lucario/Greninja "replaced" Mewtwo.
Roy Koopa "replaced" Roy (FE)
Lucas has no chance.
Ryu has no chance.

All these things and more have (and was taking serious by the people against said characters' inclusion) been said before. How long have you been here on Smashboards? The whole Mewtwo verses Lucario thing has bad ever since the darn Greninja reveal trailer. Salt runs everywhere with all kinds of "rules" to disconfirms a character's chances.
Aside from arguably the first one, I've never seen anyone take any of those "theories" seriously. Especially after the Mewtwo update was raided. Most people believed Ryu and Roy were coming, and the few who contested it weren't saying that Ryu had no chance.

Unless I've spontaneously been transported to some strange alternate universe where everyone lacks common sense.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Aside from arguably the first one, I've never seen anyone take any of those "theories" seriously. Especially after the Mewtwo update was raided. Most people believed Ryu and Roy were coming, and the few who contested it weren't saying that Ryu had no chance.

Unless I've spontaneously been transported to some strange alternate universe where everyone lacks common sense.
What about before there was evidence towards Ryu? There were tons of people saying he would never be chosen because Sakurai said so (even though he didn't)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I was wondering, since I'm a scrub when it comes to being an expert on speculah.

Why do people think that, because the character/property is new, they're better off being in a hypothetical "next Smash game(s)"?
Because fans don't want new stuff
They want characters from dead franchises

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am starting to hate the term "dead franchise."

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Meh, I guess people assume the flavor-of-the-day games will have enough staying power to make a popular new comer in the future?
[shrugs]

Off topic: I'm currently going back to 3d modeling to make 3d renders of things I draw. I'm using maya/3ds which I've used before, am familiar with, and have a perpetual non-commercial license for, but I'm also learning Blender3D so when I make a game (I have a wii u dev license) I can actually sell it. Anyone have any tips for using blender? The UI is among the most unintuitive, cumbersome things I've ever used to the point where I'm legit frustrated. It's like windows 8. I know it's a technically capable tool, but it's annoying to use so far. I consider my self a person with godlike patience/perseverance but it took about 30 minutes to get fed up with Blender.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

I've always thought to myself a character that just came out of the water, whether it be Nintendo owned or not, a character could have more chances to get fleshed out when transfer into Smash Bros's game style later on, something I think Sakurai does is look at how a character would work in his game, and determine if that character would work from a game play perspective, and a "accurate portrayal" perspective. If we just rushed them out for the current generation of which said game exist alongside Smash Bros just because people ended up liking the game, they wouldn't feel fresh as a concept since it's just something that came out and that whole "new" feeling for me at least wouldn't be as great as if they waited later to add them when their anticipation for their inclusion would be more exciting.

I don't really know if being "too new" is a detriment for a character, but just rushing any character just because it was "successful" don't give them a reason to just be shoehorned into the game at the moment, again, if they came later the "excitement" feeling would be more relevant at a later to when people cooled down from all the "Splatoon craze" I find them all over the place and just adding them now would feel forced in to me.

Last edited:
Off-topic:
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=18409

So November/December for the spyvsengie Aliens then Valve?
Also all Halloween events this year instead of one new thing. Hope it's open before the 27th so I can actually play some TF2 Halloween before submitting myself to Halo 5 for the week off.
"New halloween items will not be full moon restricted"

Thank god. I can finally enjoy an item all year round insted of a random time a month. If they could remove the restrictions for all the previous haloween items that sould be just peachy

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
"New halloween items will not be full moon restricted"

Thank god. I can finally enjoy an item all year round insted of a random time a month. If they could remove the restrictions for all the previous haloween items that sould be just peachy
I'd actually get the Xenomorph costume for the Scout then.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well no new weapons for TF2 it seems but maybe they'll make old ones worth using. The RIFT weapons in particular need a rework.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I don't ever remember it being a common belief. Especially as pretty much every viable character has a trophy in-game. People may have brought up the notion every now and then, but it was never a case of "OH MY GOD ANYONE WITH A TROPHY IS DECONFIRMED".

Go to the Rate the Characters thread when Ryu was rated. The amount of salt coming from these guys and delusional thoughts that they had was incredibly stupid. They even said the data mining was faked as an joke.

THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR DOESN'T JOKE. EVER.

People still believe Metroid and Megaman are dead franchises. A true dead franchise is something like Zuul or Eternal Champions where no one cares about those franchises.

To me it's either retired franchises (F-Zero & Mother) or abandoned franchises (Crash & Dino Crisis)

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Well no new weapons for TF2 it seems but maybe they'll make old ones worth using. The RIFT weapons in particular need a rework.
There is literally no reason to use the Sharpened Volcano Fragment at all. It looks awesome and that's about it.
Sun on a Stick is far too situational. You're better off using the default bat or one of it's many variants.
Serious reworks pls GabeN.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Calling things a dead franchise is a dead franchise.
:denzel:
I'm the Megaman Starforce fanatic, how do you think I feel.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Halo HuntTheTruth Season 2 starts tomorrow!
(which includes series newcomers Tamara Taylor, Mark Hamill, Vanessa Marshall, Alan Tudyk, Rosa Salazar, Bruce Thomas, Peter Serafinowicz and William Salyers)
Mark Hamill
Mark Hamill in Halo.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I always hated it
People still believe Metroid and Megaman are dead franchises. A true dead franchise is something like Zuul or Eternal Champions where no one cares about those franchises.

To me it's either retired franchises (F-Zero & Mother) or abandoned franchises (Crash & Dino Crisis)
I honestly like the way you think and another way I hope some of them come back to shine again lol but that's me hoping XD

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Meh, I guess people assume the flavor-of-the-day games will have enough staying power to make a popular new comer in the future?
[shrugs]

Off topic: I'm currently going back to 3d modeling to make 3d renders of things I draw. I'm using maya/3ds which I've used before, am familiar with, and have a perpetual non-commercial license for, but I'm also learning Blender3D so when I make a game (I have a wii u dev license) I can actually sell it. Anyone have any tips for using blender? The UI is among the most unintuitive, cumbersome things I've ever used to the point where I'm legit frustrated. It's like windows 8. I know it's a technically capable tool, but it's annoying to use so far. I consider my self a person with godlike patience/perseverance but it took about 30 minutes to get fed up with Blender.
People have written patches to turn the Blender UI into the Maya UI. They work alright, but it's never as good as the real thing. Blender is just terrible, and I'm always amazed at those who defend it.

If you want my personal gray opinion, just use Maya. An .obj or .fbx created in Maya is indistinguishable from an .obj or .fbx created in Blender. If you create something that gains success, hey, buy a license retroactively. I have a friend who made a game with cracked software and only bought a license just before he released it, which is another option. In his opinion, which I share, he thought it a poor idea to purchase software before he knew whether he'd actually produce something worth selling with it.

ThePenguinGamer0

Smash Champion
NNID
Super_Mario_2000
3DS FC
5198-2770-5383
I've been making videos of Smashboards User's levels, I'll check yours out tonight!
Make sure to check out my other levels as well!

Fix-It Felix Jr.

ID: C2CD-0000-0038-7A7E

Dr. Mario's Dilemma

ID: 5D9B-0000-0047-CC0B

Mario Kart Mayhem

ID: 9251-0000-004C-73FB

Waluigi's Detective Agency

ID: 6D35-0000-0051-4A17

D

Deleted member

Go to the Rate the Characters thread when Ryu was rated. The amount of salt coming from these guys and delusional thoughts that they had was incredibly stupid. They even said the data mining was faked as an joke.

THE CUTTING ROOM FLOOR DOESN'T JOKE. EVER.
I remember when people said that Roy and Ryu were just scrapped characters like the "Forbidden 7".

Though the most hilarious thing by far was when some people thought that Ryu and Roy were just costumes for Mii Fighter and Marth/Lucina respectively. Im not joking, i saw people saying this back in April/May. That was just denial in a whole new level to be honest.

Let's not forget the multitude of people comparing it to the Rayman rumor back in february, that was even worse and more silly.

And yeah, when i saw that TCRF confirmed the existence of the sound files i knew the leak was real for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom