• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Mobile quoting isn't working well so in regards to that 4chan leak rdg posted:

>Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympics

Not a fan of those games but it's a safe bet in an otherwise fake leak that's pretty much a wishlist

>F-Zero X 3D
Too good to be true GX HD with online or we riot

>Golden Sun (working title)
...dammit why must you do this to me:sadeyes:

And if anyone is wondering about "Paper Jam Bros.", at the risk of sounding like a Captain Obvious, Dream Team was called "Dream Team Bros" in PAL areas.

Welp, this was an entertaining fake leak. Back to work~

Chrono.

Mobile quoting isn't working well so in regards to that 4chan leak rdg posted:

>Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympics

Not a fan of those games but it's a safe bet in an otherwise fake leak that's pretty much a wishlist

>F-Zero X 3D
Too good to be true GX HD with online or we riot

>Golden Sun (working title)
...dammit why must you do this to me:sadeyes:

And if anyone is wondering about "Paper Jam Bros.", at the risk of sounding like a Captain Obvious, Dream Team was called "Dream Team Bros" in PAL areas.

Welp, this was an entertaining fake leak. Back to work~
Mario and Sonic at Rio has been announced for awhile actually.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ah, I didn't know that. (Sorry, still can't quote on mobile.)

Chrono.

Also Project Guard and Giant Robot are there, it reminded me of all those rumors from awhile back that they were connected to Star Fox rather than being actual games.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Smash 5 is too far away for me to care.
When it become a thing, will be time to cry about everything Smash4 should already have :
Dixie and K.Rool, better online options, Frigate Orpheon, Golden Sun representation, Inkling,...
I wouldn't call Inklings and Golden Sun representation things that Smash 4 "should already have".

Given its current status, Golden Sun has about all it warrants in Smash 4 already (a couple of music tracks). It's a niche series that's dead.

Splatoon, meanwhile, is too new an IP. Even if it is a long way off, Inkling is pretty much the quintessential character that should be saved for SSB5.

i am not sure if i will be extremely angry or extremely happy if they announced Geno mii fighter costume, my reaction will be crazy. :skull:
All things considered, you should be happy he got a reference.

Last edited:

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
Also Project Guard and Giant Robot are there, it reminded me of all those rumors from awhile back that they were connected to Star Fox rather than being actual games.
Speaking of Project Guard and Robot, what happened to those games? They were shown off at e3 2014 in a playable state, and then we haven't heard anything about them since over a year later.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
still don't get the appeal of orpheon
it's like third-to-last on the mpt area tierlist

god tier is phendrana of course

Chrono.

Speaking of Project Guard and Robot, what happened to those games? They were shown off at e3 2014 in a playable state, and then we haven't heard anything about them since over a year later.
Rumors say they got absorbed by Star Fox Zero (similar to how Super Mario 128 kinda became Pikmin), it's interesting because back in 2014 Miyamoto was asked if all 3 projects (Guard, Giant Robot and Star Fox) were related but he pretty much went all "no comment".

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I wouldn't call Inklings and Golden Sun representation things that Smash 4 "should already have".

Given its current status, Golden Sun has about all it warrants in Smash 4 already (a couple of music tracks). It's a niche series that's dead.

Splatoon, meanwhile, is too new an IP. Even if it is a long way off, Inkling is pretty much the quintessential character that should be saved for SSB5.

Completely agree, except that I could easily see justification in adding Inklings as DLC. Striking while the iron is hot.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

People just want a Metroid stage.

I rather go for Planet Zebes considering it's better than Brinstar IMO despite my favoritism to the stage.

Although for 64 stages, Sector Z would be nice but it's just Corneria and it's already on the 3DS and it'll be considered redundant since all DLC stages are shared on both versions (sans Miiverse but that one is free). Saffron City is still a popular choice as well.

I just want Pokemon Stadium 1 and Yoshi's Story back.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I

i hope i so but i might still be extremely angry because the fans didnt want to wait 19 years to just get a mii costume rather than seeing him making a full huge comeback. the mii costume is just like a cameo its not something huge that every SMRPG fan wanted.
if i had to choose the way that a forgotten character would come back i would go with a huge comeback rather than a cameo.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Might as well do it too

September 30th predictions:
  • Either a character or a stage or both get announced this week, if it's a character I'm placing my bets on Wolf
  • For the final character slot, I'm gonna say it's a newcomer with an already repped series, I think DK or Zelda are the likelier ones, I also think they could surprise us with a Mario newcomer, but right now I feel confident in Dixie Kong making it in.
  • I feel the 2nd stage will be completely new as well, might be loosely related to the newcomer. But one more 64 stage could just as easily make it in (Either Zebes, Saffron or Sector Z)
  • Mii Costumes will happen, not even gonna bother predicting which ones for obvious reasons.
Tl;dr
  • Wolf
  • One newcomer from either DK, Zelda or Mario
  • Either a new stage or another SSB64 stage
  • More Mii Massacre

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Completely agree, except that I could easily see justification in adding Inklings as DLC. Striking while the iron is hot.
I'd agree if it weren't for the trophy DLC, which 100% disconfirms them in my eyes.

It's not about which Prime level is best.

It's about the Brawl stage, which a lot of people (myself included) think is the most interesting Metroid stage to be featured in Smash to date since it's the only one that's strayed away from the lava/acid theme.

Yeah, there's much cooler choices than Orpheon for a new stage. But if Metroid were to get a past stage as DLC, most of us would rather see Orpheon than Zebes or Brinstar Depths.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would say it should at least have Isaac as an Assist if only because of Brawl.
A majority of the non-character associated Assists are from "dead" franchises anyway...

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
This prediction isn't to bet on anything nor do I think this is correct. This is just really safe speculation on my part on what we might get on September 30th. Plus I'm bored :p.
Wolf (Pre-Ballot): I think this is really his last chance to make it into Smash 4. The ballot is almost ending, and we're getting near to the end of the six initial slots from the game's code. If there are more characters, he has to be in this update in my eyes.

Shovel Knight (Ballot): According to rumors, he will be one of the first (and maybe last) characters to be chosen from the ballot. His rumor seems to be going very strong, and there is a lot of evidence for it. I think he will make an appearance in this update.
Super Mario Maker: Self Explanatory.

Venom: We have Corneria in the 3DS version and it would be cool to have its other Melee counterpart come back instead of Sector Z.

Shovel Knight Stage: I don't know what it will be, but he would need one.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I think what Champ Gold Champ Gold said is true, about people just wanting a Metroid stage. I'd definitely take Phendrana over any other Prime stage, and there are a bunch of other areas I'd take as a stage before returning Orpheon (including Crashed!Frigate Orpheon, if only for the chance that they'd include that amazing music), but I'll take what I can get at this point. Considering the newest Prime game is 8 years old and Metroid's never really received the stage treatment it deserves, I have very little hope that we'd get a new stage that's that cool, and I think returning Frigate Orpheon is probably the best chance we have at a Metroid stage that isn't just "Lava!" at this point in time.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I would say it should at least have Isaac as an Assist if only because of Brawl.
A majority of the non-character associated Assists are from "dead" franchises anyway...
I don't disagree with that.

My point was that Golden Sun's representation is fine given its status. It definitely could've kept the Isaac AT, but I don't think it's a huge injustice that it got cut, or that GS doesn't have a playable character/stage.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
My prediction for the 30th? Another stage, maybe a balance patch (that hopefully doesn't nerf Sonic for the 50th time). That's about it.

I'm not even going to try to predict anything else. For all I know Sakurai could reveal 4 characters and a mode, and announce that they're available right now.

D

Deleted member

I don't disagree with that.

My point was that Golden Sun's representation is fine given its status. It definitely could've kept the Isaac AT, but I don't think it's a huge injustice that it got cut, or that GS doesn't have a playable character/stage.
And I don't disagree with that.

Then again, it may be because I never really saw Isaac or Golden Sun as a big deal in the first place like everyone else.

I actually liked Frigate Orpheon. Until it flipped me under the stage and killed me. . . If they fixed that I would gladly take it back. Of course now that I have played Prime I would much much much rather have Phendrana or Skytown. Both have godlike music and are amazing areas.

Strange that Zebes, arguably the most iconic location in all of Metroid isn't a playable stage in anything but 63 now that I think about it.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
And I don't disagree with that.

Then again, it may be because I never really saw Isaac or Golden Sun as a big deal in the first place like everyone else.
Golden Sun's importance and popularity is grossly exaggerated by the Smash fandom. The only other series I can think of on its level in that regard is Shantae.

D

Deleted member

Strange that Zebes, arguably the most iconic location in all of Metroid isn't a playable stage now that I think about it.

Golden Sun's importance and popularity is grossly exaggerated by the Smash fandom. The only other series I can think of on its level in that regard is Shantae.
I honestly don't find the Shantae fanbase to be that bad. It's only when they start attacking Shovel Knight for trivial reasons that I have issue.
When the reality is, if it weren't for that looming rumor about SK, they'd have the same exact odds; minimal.

I honestly don't find the Shantae fanbase to be that bad. It's only when they start attacking Shovel Knight for trivial reasons that I have issue.
When the reality is, if it weren't for that looming rumor about SK, they'd have the same exact odds; minimal.
I suppose I should have specified currently playable :ohwell:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I'd agree if it weren't for the trophy DLC, which 100% disconfirms them in my eyes.

It's not about which Prime level is best.

It's about the Brawl stage, which a lot of people (myself included) think is the most interesting Metroid stage to be featured in Smash to date since it's the only one that's strayed away from the lava/acid theme.

Yeah, there's much cooler choices than Orpheon for a new stage. But if Metroid were to get a past stage as DLC, most of us would rather see Orpheon than Zebes or Brinstar Depths.
I'm with you that the Trophy was probably what Sakurai planned for Splatoon in Smash. Though it was clearly made before Splatoon's release and considering its overwhelming success I could see him changing his mind. It's not like it's a W101 release.

It's why I think K. Rool is deconfirmed, but that Inklings still have a good shot. There's no reason for Sakurai to change his mind about K. Rool, but he does with the Inklings.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant
On the tvtropes page for Pokemon Red/Blue on the "What could have been" entry, there's the claim that Gyarados was going to be Water/Dragon, but then when GameFreak realized it would have no weaknesses at the time, it was changed to Water/Flying. The claim is unsourced however and I see nothing about it on Bulbapedia's Gyarados page. So is there any truth to it, or is it some rumor someone came up with to explain Gyarados' lack of dragon typing?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I like @DMurr he chose captain toad as a pick! Captain toad be awesome. My guess is we at least get wolf, a past starfox stage, and at least Shovel Knight with another stage for him. Possiblthe plains stage or any of the bosses's stages.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
> *goes to Wikipedia*
> *searches Heihachi from Tekken*
> *looks at what Heihachi dislikes*
> *sees his son and his father and his grandson as a part of what he dislikes*
Wow this family is very happy...
I played Tekken on my PS2 but I never knew this...

> *goes to Wikipedia*
He dropped his son in a volcano. His son later dropped him into a volcano. His family isn't exactly the Brady Bunch

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
On the tvtropes page for Pokemon Red/Blue on the "What could have been" entry, there's the claim that Gyarados was going to be Water/Dragon, but then when GameFreak realized it would have no weaknesses at the time, it was changed to Water/Flying. The claim is unsourced however and I see nothing about it on Bulbapedia's Gyarados page. So is there any truth to it, or is it some rumor someone came up with to explain Gyarados' lack of dragon typing?
If it has no source, then it's safe to say it's the latter.

D

Deleted member

I believe it's just a rumor. A logical one, considering a Gyarados with no weakness in the days of Gen. 1 would be rather unbalanced, but a rumor nonetheless.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Probably just a rumor. I've never heard of this before.

> *goes to Wikipedia*
Tekken is Family Feud.

Except it's family members fighting each other instead of another family.

Chrono.

> *goes to Wikipedia*
The Mishimas are nuts, let's leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom