• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Yeah, Konami killed Snake. They weren't supporting Nintendo, they were barely supporting themselves.

None of the current third parties as @AreJay25 are as bad as Konami is.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Unless there's a Konami-level shift and support with the third parties, no ones getting cut.

:4ryu: just depends on the situation and :4pacman: actually has a 50/50 chance depending if Namco-Bandai comes back for development.

:4sonic::4megaman: aren't leaving. PERIOD.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
Actually, I think Ryu and Megaman would both be potentially on the characters on the chopping block...depending on a lot of factors. I think Sakurai does try to bring everyone back, and external issues might have been the reason behind Snake's departure.
Mega Man getting cut is honestly pretty unlikely IMO. Snake was in because of Kojima's relationship with Sakurai, but Mega Man was in because of fan demand.

If he and Ryu were cut, it would probably be because of something on Capcom's end, but I couldn't see Capcom being that difficult about letting Nintendo use them. They love their crossovers after all.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Looking back, Pokémon in general seems like it's always a large debate when it comes to speculation. With Brawl, we had the Mewtwo debates on whether he should be cut or not, whether Lucario should be playable or not, and later on Lucario getting demonized as a "Mewtwo replacement." With Smash 4, there were the debates around Zoroark/a Gen 5 rep, whether Lucario would get replaced or not (hell, Lucario in general), Jigglypuff getting cut, PT getting cut with maybe having Charizard return solo, the drama around Mewtwo, whether Greninja was "deserving" or not (especially in regards to Mewtwo), and the Grass type debates. Smash 5 is probably going to follow suit in that regard since we will still have most of those debates from previous games around, but they're just going to get more heated since there will be more details added to the argument like Mewtwo's return via DLC and Greninja's status with the Pokémon franchise at that point.

Having said that, it will be kind of funny seeing the aforementioned "they always drop two Pokemon" argument pop up considering that during the pre-Smash 4 hype period, there was a common argument on whether or not PT should be considered one or three reps since he was a transformation character.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'd say external issues are the reason Snake isn't back, in you haven't heard, Konami is apparently stopping production of all AAA games, aka killing themselves even more.
I'm aware. But Konami is willing to license out their properties (See Momotaro Densetsu). Plus, they could've gotten further promotion for MGS 5 if Snake was in the base game. Plus Sakurai didn't even ask Kojima. I don't think it was Konami's fault (this time).

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
Smash 5 is too far away for me to care.
When it become a thing, will be time to cry about everything Smash4 should already have :
Dixie and K.Rool, better online options, Frigate Orpheon, Golden Sun representation, Inkling,...

Soul.

Pokémon debates are hilarious.
"We don't need Jigglypuff because it's not popular. Hurr durr, insert vague low tier claim-"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it's way too early to talk about Smash 5 speculation
There a lot of games to be released in the span of at least 5-6 years
Fates and Gen 7 will probably suffer from poor timing and we'll probably get characters from Gen 8 and whatever FE game gets released around Smash 5
Mario will probably get a brand new character that will be pushed a lot that will become the next newcomer or Nintendo will decide to push an already existing character(pls Nabbit)
Zelda will get nothing unless someone as important as the Triforce Trio exists and we currently know there is none
DK lol
If Splatoon gets a sequel, I'll be betting on it

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

So this is a beautiful video.

Also I'm 19 today, time flies.

Soul.

Wait you guys were talking about a hypothetical Smash 5 (or 6) wtf.
Time to hope for it to be on the future Nintendo handheld (3DS successor) right now. I'll love me some home console elitist wars

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I think it's way too early to talk about Smash 5 speculation
There a lot of games to be released in the span of at least 5-6 years
Fates and Gen 7 will probably suffer from poor timing and we'll probably get characters from Gen 8 and whatever FE game gets released around Smash 5
Mario will probably get a brand new character that will be pushed a lot that will become the next newcomer or Nintendo will decide to push an already existing character(pls Nabbit)
Zelda will get nothing unless someone as important as the Triforce Trio exists and we currently know there is none
DK lol
If Splatoon gets a sequel, I'll be betting on it
If anything we were speculating Smash 5 speculation. Which is radically different.

And besides, I still see Smash 4 getting an NX version as a hold off before the newest game comes out. That won't be for a while anyway

Plus we don't know what future has in store for us. Hell, most games will surprise us with the ideas that we can support. And with how indie games are, we might get someone bigger than Shantae and Shovel Knight in support and new IPs happening.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
There's no telling on who is gonna get in for Smash 5 though. In my honest opinion, I would give it time. As for characters, I can see a total of 2 coming in. But if there is slightly more, cool. But at this point, I just don't care who is making it in as final pieces for DLC.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really don't think those 2 Mario spots would've been added if they were for the ballot? Why would you choose and add those slots into the code that early for something that's only going end sometime soon?

There's planning ahead and then there's planning ahead.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I really don't think those 2 Mario spots would've been added if they were for the ballot? Why would you choose and add those slots into the code that early for something that's only going end sometime soon?

There's planning ahead and then there's planning ahead.
To add to this.

They might not even know the amount of characters they want to add from the ballot.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I just want a Direct announcement for this week. Even without the Smash Update, Holiday Season could REALLY use some info/trailers for it soon.

Chrono.

Is anyone else's Skype acting weird?

I can't seem to get online anywhere with it, not on my PC nor my iPod nor my phone.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Solfiner Solfiner Happy birthday!

Also, I always dislike cuts, but they will happen. Hopefully, Robin and Dark Pit aren't cut, or I'll be sad.

Same for Mewtwo going to the chopping block again.

But Smash 5 is still far away and I'm unsure if I'll still have the same interest in the series by then. Smash 4 already didn't feel as much hype as when I first knew about Melee (which got me into the series) and when Brawl was revealed.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I really need a new Pokemon game to come out. Hopefully next month's Corocoro has some news.

XY isn't doing it for me anymore. It's too long and too easy IMO. And it feels like the last 35% was rushed and is visually boring.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
heppy burfday Solfiner Solfiner

I just want a Direct announcement for this week. Even without the Smash Update, Holiday Season could REALLY use some info/trailers for it soon.
I'm thinking we'll get a repeat of this year's pre-E3 and get a Smash-centric mini Direct again.

But that's just me.

Last edited:

Chrono.

I really need a new Pokemon game to come out. Hopefully next month's Corocoro has some news.

XY isn't doing it for me anymore. It's too long and too easy IMO. And it feels like the last 35% was rushed and is visually boring.
Pokemon shouldn't have gone 3D imo

I mean the overworld looks much better in ORAS but eh the 3D models in battle aren't doing it for me at all.

Would've preffered if they refined sprites to have more than just 2 animations like in Gen 5.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if Nintendo have any surprise announcement games in time for the holidays. Small eShop type things I'm thinking but you never know.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon shouldn't have gone 3D imo

I mean the overworld looks much better in ORAS but eh the 3D models in battle aren't doing it for me at all.

Would've preffered if they refined sprites to have more than just 2 animations like in Gen 5.
At this point it'll probably always remain 3D as Pokemon is so huge now with so many different Pokemon, it's not feasible for them to make so many sprites. (It's actually more cost effective to make 3D and less time consuming namely because animations)

I mean look at the 'animations' from Pokemon Black and White.

And the mixing of 2D and 3D was starting to affect the quality of the game and have the sprites scale.

I do love the sprites, though and if they do sprites again, I want it 100% sprites. No mixed stuff and please no weird animations lol.

Chrono.

I think we're either getting a second stage or a mini Smash direct announced this week.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
At this point it'll probably always remain 3D as Pokemon is so huge now with so many different Pokemon, it's not feasible for them to make so many sprites. (It's actually more cost effective to make 3D and less time consuming namely because animations)

I mean look at the 'animations' from Pokemon Black and White.

And the mixing of 2D and 3D was starting to affect the quality of the game and have the sprites scale.

I do love the sprites, though and if they do sprites again, I want it 100% sprites. No mixed stuff and please no weird animations lol.
This: I thought Gen 5 was an absolute eyesore. (Gen 4 slightly so, wasn't a fan of the overworld 3D mixing at all, but least its battles were pleasing to the eyes)

Naoshi

I think we're either getting a second stage or a mini Smash direct announced this week.
I think with the recent job listings for Nintendo Direct, I think we might have to wait a bit longer for any Directs. I could be wrong.

I would totally love a second stage though. All I want from DLC is more stages. Moreeeee

Is anyone else's Skype acting weird?

I can't seem to get online anywhere with it, not on my PC nor my iPod nor my phone.
Ahhh, that explains why everyone was offline. Oddly enough Kokonoe just sent me a message, so it looks like we can still send messages?

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Saw a comment on Anime News Network that made me think: Chrom, Lucina and Fiora in Project X Zone 2 is just one more bullet point in their recent efforts to better collaborate with 3rd party studios. I remember Iwata saying something like that before.

We have titles like Hyrule Warriors or Pokkén Tournament, the Shovel Knight amiibo, exclusivity deals such as certain Sonic games on the Wii U as well as funding Bayonetta 2 and having Bandai Namco help with Smash Bros. 4's development.

In retrospect, it makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Saw a comment on Anime News Network that made me think: Chrom, Lucina and Fiora in Project X Zone 2 is just one more bullet point in their recent efforts to better collaborate with 3rd party studios. I remember Iwata saying something like that before.

We have titles like Hyrule Warriors or Pokkén Tournament, the Shovel Knight amiibo, exclusivity deals such as certain Sonic games on the Wii U as well as funding Bayonetta 2 and having Bandai Namco help with Smash Bros. 4's development.

In retrospect, it makes a lot of sense.
There's also that F2P game from Namco, the Wii U version bonuses of Tag Tournament 2, Sonic Lost World's DLC being Nintendo themed, a good portion of MH4's DLC also being Nintendo themed.

Quite of a bit of stuff...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
There's also that F2P game from Namco, the Wii U version bonuses of Tag Tournament 2, Sonic Lost World's DLC being Nintendo themed, a good portion of MH4's DLC also being Nintendo themed.

Quite of a bit of stuff...
The fact they're letting Monolith Soft, one of their owned studios, work on a third party game is also telling.

I've also noticed how Sega (Sonic, they own the Bayonetta IP), Bandai Namco (PXZ, Tekken, Pokkén) and Capcom (Monster Hunter) are the companies they've been working a lot with.

Though there's also Koei Tecmo, who have done Hyrule Warriors, but also Pokémon Conquest.

Anyway, it's plenty of stuff over the last few years. Hope they continue doing this.

Naoshi

And then there's the whole Indie thing going on lately, esp with the Nindie events. Shovel Knight getting an Amiibo and all

Chrono.

Well, they posted this

And yes they actually posted it, there's multiple reports of it and various pics of it.

They deleted it afterwards, so it can attributed as a slip up, right? Well here's where the weird part comes in.

Ninlendo made the exact same post, not only that, but the pic comes from NWPlayer.

This leads me to believe that the Octolings really are coming and the Twitter goofed up because they thought Ninlendo was the real deal and not a parody account.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Well, they posted this

And yes they actually posted it, there's multiple reports of it and various pics of it.

They deleted it afterwards, so it can attributed as a slip up, right? Well here's where the weird part comes in.

Ninlendo made the exact same post, not only that, but the pic comes from NWPlayer.

This leads me to believe that the Octolings really are coming and the Twitter goofed up because they thought Ninlendo was the real deal and not a parody account.
..If this is true, then I only have one question.

How do you stuff up so bad that you can't tell that the tweet was from Ninlendo of America? lol :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom