• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
im guessing its a photo shop i mean its not exactly hard to fake these things

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ya its fanmade i went to the site and it links to the generic nintendo of america twitter

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
..If this is true, then I only have one question.

How do you stuff up so bad that you can't tell that the tweet was from Ninlendo of America? lol :p
Hey, those fake NoA tweets have tricked us into thinking there'd be a Direct before lol before someone read the fine print.

D

Deleted member

I never saw the fake NoA account till today and I got fooled. Looks so legit. I was a teensy bit skeptical, though.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
That fake NOA Tweet about Isaac yesterday nearly fooled 4 people when I showed it to them.

One nearly had a heart attack, another was grabbing popcorn, and the last two were about to jump ship because speculation was over.

This was despite the Isaac image being of, quite frankly, bad quality. :laugh:

Chrono.

That fake NOA Tweet about Isaac yesterday nearly fooled 4 people when I showed it to them.

One nearly had a heart attack, another was grabbing popcorn, and the last two were about to jump ship because speculation was over.

This was despite the Isaac image being of, quite frankly, bad quality. :laugh:
Yeah at a glance it looks legit, but then you notice the default Mii hair.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so heres my thoughts on dlc for the 30th

if we get a newcomer from a completely new to smash series we are getting 3 stages
"why 3?" simple really suzaku castle is not stage 4 on the smash site and it was bundled with ryu obviously if we get say
shovel knight the same would apply here

Chrono.

It's not exactly a stretch to think Wolf could be announced this week, while next has a surprise newcomer to fit the final slot.

I mean that's how the Lucas announcement went down.

All we were expecting that day was Lucas but then BAM, Roy and Ryu.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I could see Tetra being a character considering the Toon_Zelda and Toon_Sheik files in Brawl. Similar deal for Dixie Kong.

Theory time: I think K. Rool won't be a character and the Mii costume may be Sakurai's compensation for that. Why? Dixie Kong has priority in Sakurai's eyes.

She was planned for Brawl, she has more recent appearances, she is a female character (something Sakurai has emphasized this time around) and, if how Zelda and Ganondorf were handled in Melee is any indication, I think it's likely for a similar situation to happen again.

More importantly, it's possible that Sakurai already has a concept for Dixie Kong's moveset dating back to Brawl, which would fasten development time for her.

Of course, it goes without saying this is my opinion and that I could be wrong.

I'm also on the boat that there won't be more than one character per franchise for DLC, so if a DK character is to be added, it's likely between Dixie and K. Rool given their popularity. Of the two, I believe Dixie is more likely for the reasons I mentioned above.

It's also why I believe we won't be seeing any more characters from the Pokémon, EarthBound and Fire Emblem series.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
More importantly, it's possible that Sakurai already has a concept for Dixie Kong's moveset dating back to Brawl, which would fasten development time for her.
I honestly would be okay with Dixie Kong in Smash. Her ponytail alone could give enough versatily and uses to give her a moveset that isn't a semi-clone of Diddy's, such a throwing a barrel with it as her side special or the obvious one; using it as a helicopter as her up special.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I honestly would be okay with Dixie Kong in Smash. Her ponytail alone could give enough versatily and uses to give her a moveset that isn't a semi-clone of Diddy's, such a throwing a barrel with it as her side special or the obvious one; using it as a helicopter as her up special.
Another factor favorable for her is how her design and proportions are sufficiently similar to Diddy so he can be used as a base for Dixie Kong's model, then they alter animations and such.

Not only Sakurai may have a design for her moveset from Brawl's development, she can be based on Diddy Kong for development purposes, even if she ends up having a distinct moveset.

Kind of the same treatment Wolf got in Brawl and Lucas got this time around. Lucas is clearly based on Ness to the point that a few of his animations in Smash 4 are identical to Ness's despite being different in Brawl.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
BUTMUHSHUNTAY

Y U STEEL HUR UNEEK HAIR GIMMICK

Disclaimer: I despise the idea of Shantae in Smash.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
BUTMUHSHUNTAY

Y U STEEL HUR UNEEK HAIR GIMMICK

Disclaimer: I despise the idea of Shantae in Smash.
Seeing as Shantae only ever uses her hair as an attack and Dixie uses it more as an appendage I don't think there is a substantial over lap there anyway.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm honestly still holding my breath on characters until after the ballot ends. Even Wolf and the like.
It's probably more protecting my expectations than anything.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Seeing as Shantae only ever uses her hair as an attack and Dixie uses it more as an appendage I don't think there is a substantial over lap there anyway.
Pretty much. Despite my feelings for Shantae, that whole "only does one thing" logic is dumb no matter who's the character. :4littlemac:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

Skipped to a certain point for your understanding.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Skipped to a certain point for your understanding.
There are two kinds of people in this world, people that get the Muppets and people that don't. Glad to see you're part of the former.

Arguing about hair attacks is funny, because functionally, it's not really any different from a hand, sword, or whip, depending on the character and how it's used. Somehow, though, the animation of it being hair makes it super unique. (Also, I sent you a message in our article convo, Liquid, get back to me when you can.)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
There are two kinds of people in this world, people that get the Muppets and people that don't. Glad to see you're part of the former.

(Also, I sent you a message in our article convo, Liquid, get back to me when you can.)
I love me some Muppets at times. The Digital Event reminded me how awesome they are.

Already answered.

D

Deleted member

Now replaying Sonic Adventure 2 Battle on GameCube since 10 years.

The big question is : will I appreciate it as much as I did this time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom