• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I thought it was common knowledge that getting rid of 3 clones =/= 3 new characters...
It's not, to many people that is. Even after Sakurai explained, not everyone is going to think the time it took to make clones are FAR more efficient then making even one new character from scratch. They are people that are just ignorant to things like this.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

That 4chan leak was archived, so if the guy does post anything, it has to be in another thread. I would look for one but don't understand how to access the smash bros section of 4chan. It's nothing like the pokemon one...
there is no smash specific spot on 4chan. the leaks will be in v or vg

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Anyway, you guys carry on with your silly arguments for now. I'll see if I can be more active. I like image editing, so if theres something you want to see made, I might be up to the task! (Maybe even artwork, just nothing to complex. Ex. Push's avatar) Depends on the day.
Maybe draw your version of the Blue Pikmin Sable maybe. :O

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
DIdn't TGS start today or does it start today? Are we due for any news or has it all already passed?

Soul.

Some unpopular opinions:

I think Master Chief, and Sora would be good additions to the Smash roster. The former represents modern day shooters and the later is from another famous crossover. If it wasn't for the gun issue MC would fit in. Sora has only legal hurdles to jump (depending if they use Disney characters).

I dislike how loud the competitive aspect of Smash is compared to the rest. It drowns out the rest of the community. The speculation community (us)/ just fans of the series have been ignored by the community as a whole for too long. Source Gaming is attempting to fix this, but if I had chosen to write about tournaments or played Smash 4 competitively I would have seen a lot more success, more quickly. Also, my patreon would probably be funded. Lastly in general the competitive community is immature. There's only a couple of people who act professional...yet they are surprised no one wants to sponsor them...
May be just me but, isn't the speculation community immature to some extent too? I mean like, yeah, there's people who unleash their maximum levels of rage because a character didn't get in and all but I get that not everyone is like this.

Nothing against your opinion as I respect it, but I personally feel that both sides have their downsides, not just the competitive community.

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I dislike fanboys who let Nintendo get away with stuff. I was against the slow drip of "free" Dlc with Splatoon as that content was on the disk. Nintendo got away with it which is why they did the same thing with Mario Maker. If the community spoke up about Splatoon we wouldn't have had the Mario Maker unlock either.
wat formatting okay fixed it

Hmmm... I was for the way they did Splatoon, because it was a completely new game that no one had experience with, and things in-game change a lot (gear and stages). A lot of people who play Splatoon might've played a shooter before, but Splatoon is totally unique by the fact that it enforces teamwork and you have a different objective from other shooters. If they had EVERYTHING available on Day 1, it would've been a lot to get and understand, and even though it was lacking in content on the first few days, it didn't feel like it because everything was so new and there were even tiny things like clothing brands affecting ability chance that we still had to find out.

Also, if they had everything available day 1, people wouldn't be as attracted to it as they are now, because the team updating the game with new content made you want to play Splatoon for it. Even if you didn't like the new weapon, you might think "Well, I put in the disc. I'll at least play some Turf Wars" but end up playing for longer than you intended to.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Errrrm, I don't think Lip and Wolf would've happened even if those two weren't in the roster. Not sure if you're aware of how they were included, but they definitely did not waste any potential spot. Lip is not known outside of Japan, her game was localized as a Yoshi game. And regardless of her localization, I fail to see what Dr. Mario has anything to do with Lip... like at all.

I think it's a blessing that we got Roy as DLC though, as oni333 pointed out, he would been too much of a clone than the semi-clone he is now if not for that.
Then Roy would have been a pure clone :/

Downright impossible. Even if it wasn't, again, that would have made Wolf a pure clone :/
I still prefer Lip because of her relation to the puzzle genre that Dr. Mario represents in Smash (I do not remember well but I think there is an article in which Sakurai explains the inclusion of Dr. Mario in Melee and it was because of the genre where he came from and he was easier to develop, he already had Mario's model), and not being recognized outside of Japan means anything Marth, Roy and Lucas say: Hi!

The situation with Lucina and Dark Pit is both characters could have more unique traits and mechanics but if you were to waist resources on this at least it should have been invested in Roy and Wolf respectively, but it was more in the lines of time constrains so I can understand the reason still it should not have been priority the same for Alph and Little Mac with hoodie (the only character that should have alt characters is Bowser Jr. with the Koopalings at least they are more different than the other alts and would be more unique for the character to stand more in the roster).

.n_n.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I am actually 100% okay with the way Splatoon was handled.
They've made an event of the whole game, and by slowly unlocking content they kept us tuned in to that event.
I see no issue with it.
Not to mention we did get a completely free update that wasn't on the disc.

I don't see the issue Mario Maker either. It's even more generous than Splatoon.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
The **** are those?
Large monsters from the Monster Hunter series. It's an addicting game. Murder monsters, ravage their bodies for loot, make equipment from said loot, equip said equipment, go back and murder more monsters while looking into their eyes as they see a sword forged from their brothers' corpses gashing their flesh open......

It's a very family friendly series.

D

Deleted member

I *just* bought Splatoon. Please no hacks for at least three months.

Some unpopular opinions:

I think Master Chief, and Sora would be good additions to the Smash roster. The former represents modern day shooters and the later is from another famous crossover. If it wasn't for the gun issue MC would fit in. Sora has only legal hurdles to jump (depending if they use Disney characters).

I dislike how loud the competitive aspect of Smash is compared to the rest. It drowns out the rest of the community. The speculation community (us)/ just fans of the series have been ignored by the community as a whole for too long. Source Gaming is attempting to fix this, but if I had chosen to write about tournaments or played Smash 4 competitively I would have seen a lot more success, more quickly. Also, my patreon would probably be funded. Lastly in general the competitive community is immature. There's only a couple of people who act professional...yet they are surprised no one wants to sponsor them...

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I dislike fanboys who let Nintendo get away with stuff. I was against the slow drip of "free" Dlc with Splatoon as that content was on the disk. Nintendo got away with it which is why they did the same thing with Mario Maker. If the community spoke up about Splatoon we wouldn't have had the Mario Maker unlock either.

(probably not unpopular)
Source Gaming is a website that should've existed five years ago...at least. I don't know why it took everyone so long-term get all the information organized.
I don't see how Sora has more legal hurdles to jump than MC has
Besides, guns aren't the only problem
Master Chief didn't even touch a Nintendo system
And unreleased games are unreleased for a reason

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Yeah I do not see the harm in releasing the content little by little like Splatoon and Mario Maker did, especially because of how unique the games are, I would have been really pissed and beyond words if that content would needed to be paid to unlock, then we will have massive problems and Nintendo would have let down a lot of fans around the world with those scummy tactics (I am watching you Capcom).

.n_n.

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
I don't see how Sora has more legal hurdles to jump than MC
If Nintendo wanted to use Sora for Smash, they would not only have to ask Square Enix for permission, they would also have to ask Disney for permission as well. Sora is partially owned by both companies if I'm not mistaken, and both companies are very stingy when it comes to sharing their characters.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Wow. This is very interesting.
Nintendo has been completing titles very early and releasing them on certain dates for strategic reasons.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Nintendo has been completing titles very early and releasing them on certain dates for strategic reasons.
That would explain Pikmin 4 I guess.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
May be just me but, isn't the speculation community immature to some extent too? I mean like, yeah, there's people who unleash their maximum levels of rage because a character didn't get in and all but I get that not everyone is like this.

Nothing against your opinion as I respect it, but I personally feel that both sides have their downsides, not just the competitive community.
That's true. There is a part of the speculation community that is very immature especially when it comes to characters. At this point I may be tooting my own horn-- but I feel I at least made some difference in the community. Of course that could be my own wishful thinking and all my work has gone to waste.

wat formatting okay fixed it

Hmmm... I was for the way they did Splatoon, because it was a completely new game that no one had experience with, and things in-game change a lot (gear and stages). A lot of people who play Splatoon might've played a shooter before, but Splatoon is totally unique by the fact that it enforces teamwork and you have a different objective from other shooters. If they had EVERYTHING available on Day 1, it would've been a lot to get and understand, and even though it was lacking in content on the first few days, it didn't feel like it because everything was so new and there were even tiny things like clothing brands affecting ability chance that we still had to find out.

Also, if they had everything available day 1, people wouldn't be as attracted to it as they are now, because the team updating the game with new content made you want to play Splatoon for it. Even if you didn't like the new weapon, you might think "Well, I put in the disc. I'll at least play some Turf Wars" but end up playing for longer than you intended to.
That was probably their idea with slowly updating the game, but I feel like a lot of people would've given that format a lot of crap if it wasn't Nintendo behind it. Yes it's "free" buts it's on the disc. You already paid for it. I feel that if you pay for something you have the right to all the content you paid for.

If they held it back and released it through their servers, we wouldn't have been any wiser but the only reason they held back content is to create more buzz. The game is good enough on its own to generate that buzz, Nintendo should have had more faith in its game.

I'm just saying, if it was Call of Duty EVERYONE and their mom's would be making a big deal out of it.

I don't see how Sora has more legal hurdles to jump than MC has
Besides, guns aren't the only problem
Master Chief didn't even touch a Nintendo system
And unreleased games are unreleased for a reason
Unpopular opinion :
I realize that. I just believe if there was one character to break that glass ceiling it would be Master Chief. I think he's more of an icon than Rayman than a lot of the choices we have. If you wanted to make a game with video game history, Master Chief would be one of the obvious choices.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Unpopular Opinions time? Lets go!

-I wholeheartedly support Sora for this game. He has the notoriety and moveset potential to be in this game, plus I have huge KH Bias
-Alongside that, I don't really support a lot of first party Nintendo characters anymore. Most of the characters I want are third-party
-I've wanted a Smash for a portable console since Brawl came out on the Wii
-I think Brawl is as good as Smash 4
-I think competitive Smash 4 is better than competitive Melee
-I don't think Mario Maker is all that it's being made out to be, and I don't necessarily think it's worth $60.
-Same with Splatoon, despite the fact I own it.
-I'm more interested on titles coming out on other consoles compared to titles coming out from Nintendo besides a few exceptions
-I really liked Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. And I played Eirika's Route.
-I watch SAO, but only for the fights.
-Kirino is best girl.
-I could never get into Soul Eater or Madoka Magica
-Pichu should be in Smash 4, as should Poke Floats
-I really liked Pokemon 4th Gen, and I believe that Pokemon Platinum is the best Pokemon game of all time.
-Pokemon X/Y are the worst Pokemon games in the series, and were highly disappointing.
-Super Metroid hasn't aged well, and I don't understand all the massive hype it gets. The speedruns are really cool though. #killtheanimals
-Mario Kart Turbo is bad, and I mean really bad.
-I don't like the F-Zero games at all, nor do I understand their appeal.
-Wipeout for Wii is a masterpiece of a game, and more people need to play it.
-I feel Star Fox is an overhyped series and isn't as big as people make it out to be.
-Nintendoland is an amazing game and I love to play it with my friends.
-Characters like Duck Hunt Dog, Miis, and Wii Fit Trainer are the reason I like Smash 4 specifically. I'm also completely ok with characters like Dark Pit, and I even wanted Dark Pit to get in to the game.

Here's where I'll be murdered.
-I don't like K. Rool at all, nor do I get a lot of the mass support for him. I think it all borders on primarily nostalgia and his fans need to take an objective look at his chances. However I wouldn't be opposed to him making it in.
-I also don't like Wolf at all, nor do I want him in the game. I feel his fans make him out to be this big essential character when he really isn't. I also feel like his fans are the most rabid, more so than any Ridley or K. Rool fan.
-I think the concept of a shoe-in character is stupid. A character can be likely, but no character is a shoe-in unless their name is Mario. Thinking a character is confirmed when they aren't is only setting yourself up for disappointment in the advent that character isn't.
-When people complain because their character didn't get in I get really annoyed. It annoys me even more when people won't stop talking about a specific character or series. It gets old very fast, especially when they have little to contribute to the current discussion besides a reference or attempt to change the topic to that character/game.
COME AT ME

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I'm starting to use Sheik and... this character is awesome.
I knew she was broken, but wow.
I love 5 Forward Tilts into 79 Fairs into Bouncing Fish.

D

Deleted member

If Nintendo wanted to use Sora for Smash, they would not only have to ask Square Enix for permission, they would also have to ask Disney for permission as well. Sora is partially owned by both companies if I'm not mistaken, and both companies are very stingy when it comes to sharing their characters.
Sora's fully owned by Disney, actually. Still, I'm sure some negotiations would have to be made with Squeenix.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

-Pokemon X/Y are the worst Pokemon games in the series, and were highly disappointing.
I don't really think this is unpopular, at least not from my experience online. The fan reception of X/Y (and sixth gen as a whole) seems to be pretty negative. Maybe the use of "worst" to describe it wouldn't be common though. I personally loved sixth gen, but I don't see a whole lot of other people (outside of my IRL friend group) saying that.

Chrono.

-I wholeheartedly support Sora for this game. He has the notoriety and moveset potential to be in this game, plus I have huge KH Bias
-Alongside that, I don't really support a lot of first party Nintendo characters anymore. Most of the characters I want are third-party
-I've wanted a Smash for a portable console since Brawl came out on the Wii
-I think Brawl is as good as Smash 4
-I think competitive Smash 4 is better than competitive Melee
-I don't think Mario Maker is all that it's being made out to be, and I don't necessarily think it's worth $60.
-Same with Splatoon, despite the fact I own it.
-I'm more interested on titles coming out on other consoles compared to titles coming out from Nintendo besides a few exceptions
-I really liked Fire Emblem Sacred Stones. And I played Eirika's Route.
-Kirino is best girl.
-Pichu should be in Smash 4, as should Poke Floats
-I really liked Pokemon 4th Gen, and I believe that Pokemon Platinum is the best Pokemon game of all time.
-Super Metroid hasn't aged well, and I don't understand all the massive hype it gets. The speedruns are really cool though. #killtheanimals
-Mario Kart Turbo is bad, and I mean really bad.
-I don't like the F-Zero games at all, nor do I understand their appeal.
-Wipeout for Wii is a masterpiece of a game, and more people need to play it.
-I feel Star Fox is an overhyped series and isn't as big as people make it out to be.
-Nintendoland is an amazing game and I love to play it with my friends.
-Characters like Duck Hunt Dog, Miis, and Wii Fit Trainer are the reason I like Smash 4 specifically. I'm also completely ok with characters like Dark Pit, and I even wanted Dark Pit to get in to the game.

Here's where I'll be murdered.
-I don't like K. Rool at all, nor do I get a lot of the mass support for him. I think it all borders on primarily nostalgia and his fans need to take an objective look at his chances. However I wouldn't be opposed to him making it in.
-I also don't like Wolf at all, nor do I want him in the game. I feel his fans make him out to be this big essential character when he really isn't. I also feel like his fans are the most rabid, more so than any Ridley or K. Rool fan.
-I think the concept of a shoe-in character is stupid. A character can be likely, but no character is a shoe-in unless their name is Mario. Thinking a character is confirmed when they aren't is only setting yourself up for disappointment in the advent that character isn't.
-When people complain because their character didn't get in I get really annoyed. It annoys me even more when people won't stop talking about a specific character or series. It gets old very fast, especially when they have little to contribute to the current discussion besides a reference or attempt to change the topic to that character/game.
COME AT ME
What's Mario Kart Turbo?

Unless you're talking about 8's 200cc

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

-Kirino is best girl.
>Watches SAO for the fights
>Can't do the same with Madoka
Kek

Also, please tell me Kirino isn't Kirito's genderbent version

Soul.

That's true. There is a part of the speculation community that is very immature especially when it comes to characters. At this point I may be tooting my own horn-- but I feel I at least made some difference in the community. Of course that could be my own wishful thinking and all my work has gone to waste.
Your work hasn't gone to waste. You're doing something others would be lazy to do, collecting information regarding Smash titles and putting them on a website. It's good to think that you feel you have made a difference, especially with Smash speculation.

I do agree with it being immature sometimes, though. It's a thing to expect from any community.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!?

I don't know, maybe thanks to the amiibo and that new game that shows Chibi-Robo using his plug as a whip.
I know nothing about the franchise, it's just a feeling, I think it's possible as a pre-ballot character.
I don't think pre-ballot is over.
In the official character thread, I said that Chibi- Robo could be a surprise DLC character that gets released alongside highly requested characters like Wolf, Krool, and Bandanna Dee.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I can at least verify on Majora's Mask. That was done (or 95% done, I forget) all the way last year around our ERSB fun time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom