• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono.

So Serebii is far enough to where all the continents have been shown
Apparently most of the post game has been done.
Now I'm just waiting to hear the music and to see the connection orb mission thing involving Grovyle.

----
Do we know who's the final boss yet?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Serebii is far enough to where all the continents have been shown
Apparently most of the post game has been done.
Now I'm just waiting to hear the music and to see the connection orb mission thing involving Grovyle.

----
Interestingly enough, serebii said famous teams are mentioned. So if the grovyle one is trrue, maybe we can see small stories involving the other teams as well? I know that grovyle isn't necessarily in a team with celebii and duskinor, but they kind of are, and this would be interesting to see happen.

D

Deleted member

Late but unpopular opinions go!

*Smash Opinions*
- While it may not be AS unpopular in this thread, it still counts. I'm in the "Gematsu was right, but outdated" camp.
- Prior to the Robin/Lucina shake up, Shulk was my least hyped of the "last three Gematsu characters" (Chrom, Shulk, Chorus Kids).
- Chorus Kids would have been an amazing choice, and it's likely they'll still be his first choice for a RH character should Rhythm Heaven continue even further.
- Chrom would have been awesome, especially if he'd have taken on the Great Lord class.
- People are WAY too quick to judge a potential character as "boring."
- I'd have preferred the Ice Climbers returning over having a 3DS version.
- Ridley is not too big.
- I wouldn't mind Cloud or Lara in Smash at all, and would in fact welcome the latter with open arms. That being said, I realize the gun thing prevents that from happening.
- The gun rule is stupid. PSASBR showed how it can still be done well.
- I only purchased Roy so that I'd have a complete roster. I still dislike Roy.
- The nerf of Little Mac's aerial side special is the single biggest blunder Sakurai's ever committed, even more so than tripping in Brawl.
- I think some fans hold contrarian opinions just to have contrarian opinions.

*Nintendo and Gaming in General*
- I think Ice Climber was a pretty good game. Sue me. Yeah, the jumping is awkward, but I think it adds a nice bit of challenge. Obviously compared to games today its quality falters, but it still holds up as a fun early NES/arcade type of game.
- Wrath of Cortex and Crash Twinsanity are good Crash games, since many seem to only think the first three exist.
- I prefer Reboot!Lara Croft to the original, though I do wish the game itself had more tomb raiding.
- Company fanboy-ism and anything seriously taking part in a "Console War" is just kind of sad and looks really bad. Yes, people can like more than one console company. No, just because it's not your console-of-choice doesn't mean it's a terrible console, and no amount of often-made up "facts" can change that.
- There is nothing wrong with cinematic-type games as long as there's still a nice game portion, and it should not be used as a point against those games. In other words, there's a difference between games like Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid, and games like The Order: 1886.
- Starfy doesn't get nearly the amount of respect he deserves by Nintendo.
- The "anime characters" argument, especially in a Smash context, is dumb because The Legend of Zelda is the same way.
- Likewise, Awakening isn't any more anime-esque than the rest of the series. It just adapts to the anime style of that day and age. There's a reason the original Japan-only titles look like nineties anime.
- The amiibo situation in America is still pretty bad. Better, but still bad.
- PSASBR is a legitimately good game, and I feel that a lot of the hate it gets is unwarranted and comes from, honestly, Nintendo fanboys.
- I cringe when people say "Nintendo should buy *insert major third party company*." This is especially true if followed by "...to save *insert one specific series*!"
- I tried the demo of Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and wasn't a fan.
- Hawaiian pizza is unironically my favorite pizza. Ham and pineapple is life, yo.
I have to disagree with PSASBR
The complaints are mostly from the gameplay(and some from the questionavle roster decisions) which are understandable because the gameplay is slow and there's no incentive to use different moves.
Even my friends who mainly play on Sony consoles agree and literally none of us ever played it sonce Smash 4 came out

As for the gun rule PSASBR=/=Smash
Sakurai stated he chaged the design of the ray gun so it wouldn't look like a real gun
Nintendo has always tried to be family friendly and having someone like, let's say Snake shooting at your favorite Nintendo characters isn't something they want
Also to keep the rating
Also also, never forget what happened to the Safari Zone episode in the Pokemon anime

EDIT: in unrelated news, I downloaded Plague of Shadows, this took about an hour with this internet connection

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

I was going to say that earlier this morning.
It's not a Pokémon. It's a "dark matter"
Is this just a theory or the real thing?
Late but unpopular opinions go!

I second this, mostly because I hate the fact that AA4 is just gonna be swept under a rug despite so much of it being left unexplained.

I also hate the fact Phoenix is getting the spotlight again, I mean he's great, but I would've preferred if he kept his "cryptic mentor" role from AA4, especially since DD just undoes all his development from said game.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
- While it may not be AS unpopular in this thread, it still counts. I'm in the "Gematsu was right, but outdated" camp.
Yep, I agree! Count me on this camp too!

- The gun rule is stupid. PSASBR showed how it can still be done well.
I think there's an explanation about this. I think the rule exists for possibly rating purposes (could be wrong on that) + the fact realistic guns would clash with the authentic of Smash. Smash Bros already does kinda clash with things, but they try to keep it to a minimum. I think it works with PSASBR because of the general vibe Sony games tends to have. Nintendo's vibe is more on the side of cartoon/anime while Sony focuses on mostly realism/mature themes. So having a realistic weapon would just not fit well into Smash. Sakurai is the kind of person who cares about keeping a consistent vibe to his games.

Snake in Brawl is a good example of having a gun-based character work well in Smash. They did a bunch of work around to make him fit.

- I cringe when people say "Nintendo should buy *insert major third party company*." This is especially true if followed by "...to save *insert one specific series*!"
THANK YOU. I AGREE SO MUCH ON THIS. That subject bothers the heck out of me.

I would still suggest trying out the original trilogy! Actually, I'm curious. What was it about the demo you didn't like?

Then again yeah AA isn't for everyone (but then again, what is?).

- Company fanboy-ism and anything seriously taking part in a "Console War" is just kind of sad and looks really bad. Yes, people can like more than one console company. No, just because it's not your console-of-choice doesn't mean it's a terrible console, and no amount of often-made up "facts" can change that.
- There is nothing wrong with cinematic-type games as long as there's still a nice game portion, and it should not be used as a point against those games. In other words, there's a difference between games like Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid, and games like The Order: 1886.
Yep. Fanboyism is just the worst. :c Nothing fun about people crapping on other systems for no good reason.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Well I'm going to tell you lot my most unpopular opinion for Smash, and I'm prepared to get a lot of hate for this

I think Smash should never of added 3rd party characters, and I feel the next game shouldn't have any return

Please don't kill me for that one
Oh, I'm gonna kill you for this one alright. You said "should [never] of." That is one of my biggest pet peeves as a grammar nazi. It's "should have" or "should've."

Soul.

Is this just a theory or the real thing?
Real thing. Kinda like the Bittercold from Gates.

Arceus gives the player and their partner the ability to evolve to fight the boss. Once it reveals its true form, the dark matter turns every Legendary Pokémon into stones and reverts the player and their partner back to being Basic Pokémon.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Oh, one last unpopular opinion:

I don't think Bayonetta is so risque and sexy that she'd be imposssible to get in Smash without changing her character.

Nor do I find her guns in the least bit realistic, considering she not only walks on guns. She also has shot bullets out in a heart shape before. There's absolutely nothing realistic about her at all.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
That isn't a good thing, if they can mod they can hack, do you want to face someone online who can't take damage? or someone who skips half the track in mario kart?
Well personally I don't. But it's not like I'm going to hate the game or scream in anger because one guy decided to cheat at a game. It's still just a game after all.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
The loader isn't even the most intriguing part of that video.

It's the name. "30 Great Games!" Like, what?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I have to disagree with PSASBR
The complaints are mostly from the gameplay(and some from the questionavle roster decisions) which are understandable because the gameplay is slow and there's no incentive to use different moves.
Even my friends who mainly play on Sony consoles agree and literally none of us ever played it sonce Smash 4 came out

As for the gun rule PSASBR=/=Smash
Sakurai stated he chaged the design of the ray gun so it wouldn't look like a real gun
Nintendo has always tried to be family friendly and having someone like, let's say Snake shooting at your favorite Nintendo characters isn't something they want
Also to keep the rating
Also also, never forget what happened to the Safari Zone episode in the Pokemon anime

EDIT: in unrelated news, I downloaded Plague of Shadows, this took about an hour with this internet connection
I probably should clarify a bit.

I know that a lot of the (admittedly legitimate) complaints are gameplay-based (namely the kill system, which definitely should have been reworked), but at the same time I was mainly talking about the surprisingly large portion who just say "lol it's just a Smash ripoff" is all. :p

I'm just of the opinion that there shouldn't be an outright stigma against fictional gun use, when using swords or knives is just as deadly. I mean I get it's an ideology thing, but eh. Just my opinion. That and honestly, while PSASBR maintained a T rating, it was a mix of things that got it, not necessarily just the guns. Hell, in the ESRB rating description, they put swords, guns, bazookas, and energy blasts all in the same "violence" category. It was likely the language and suggestive themes on top of it that put it over the top. Gun usage doesn't necessarily mean a rating increase.

Y
I would still suggest trying out the original trilogy! Actually, I'm curious. What was it about the demo you didn't like?

I guess it just seemed to drag, I think. At least in the demo, there was very little player interaction.

D

Deleted member

Well personally I don't. But it's not like I'm going to hate the game or scream in anger because one guy decided to cheat at a game. It's still just a game after all.
I really want to avoid the days of mario kart ds, couldnt win one race eventually because warpers

Soul.

Ah yes, Mario Kart hacking. I can't wait for the imminent rage it'll cause once that thing becomes prominent.

Raging since Mario Kart Wii!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nor do I find her guns in the least bit realistic, considering she not only walks on guns. She also has shot bullets out in a heart shape before. There's absolutely nothing realistic about her at all.
I don't think "realistic gun" means literally something that could/does happen in real life as much as, it's shooting bullets and kills people with blood and gore, as opposed to laser beams and the like.

I've got basically no knowledge of Bayonetta (and have no opinion either way on her being a playable character, to clarify) so her guns may still not be realistic in that sense, but I don't think that alone disqualifies her guns from being "realistic" in the sense Nintendo would stray away from.

Naoshi

I probably should clarify a bit.

I know that a lot of the (admittedly legitimate) complaints are gameplay-based (namely the kill system, which definitely should have been reworked), but at the same time I was mainly talking about the surprisingly large portion who just say "lol it's just a Smash ripoff" is all. :p

I'm just of the opinion that there shouldn't be an outright stigma against fictional gun use, when using swords or knives is just as deadly. I mean I get it's an ideology thing, but eh. Just my opinion. That and honestly, while PSASBR maintained a T rating, it was a mix of things that got it, not necessarily just the guns. Hell, in the ESRB rating description, they put swords, guns, bazookas, and energy blasts all in the same "violence" category. It was likely the language and suggestive themes on top of it that put it over the top. Gun usage doesn't necessarily mean a rating increase.

I guess it just seemed to drag, I think. At least in the demo, there was very little player interaction.
Ah, that's my main issue with AA5. There's so much writing in between interactions. It's a good game to me but I feel they just... kind of talk too much at times.

The original Ace Attorney games don't have this problem fortunately. Sadly, no demo of them.

Last edited:

Soul.

Splatoon hacks lol wait what. You can start spraying ink before the match begins.
Ah hacks.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Splatoon hacks.

One shot of ink fills the entire map.

Yay.
Even better? It still counts after the game ends. Other team clearly in the lead? Hack. Suddenly the whole map is your team's color before Judd can even judge.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I disagree.
Games are supposed to fun and lighthearted, but if someone's cheating, it isn't fun anymore. Therefore, they are ruining the game for other people, and that's worth being upset about.

I would imagine any game with this...

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Unpopular opinions;

Smash WiiU / 3DS:

- I'm with Opossum in the "Gematsu was right, but outdated" camp.
- Ridley, Megaman, King K. Rool and Shulk were my most wanted characters in Smash, 2 out of 4 was not so bad, I would have been pretty happy with the roster except for one little thing the exclusion of Ice Climbers (fu...k the 3DS version for that).
- I'd have preferred the Ice Climbers returning over having a 3DS version, once again I'm in the same boat as Opossum here.
- Ridley is perfect for Smash and the too big bu... sh... is spouted by idiots that do not see the potential of the character (gameplay wise, lore wise and representation of one of the most important series for Nintendo) and the concept of having a big purple space dragon is good enough to put the effort in making him playable. Lets add that he is another potential villain to be added.
- I wouldn't mind third party characters getting more spots in the roster with the only condition that at least they have the pedigree to be there (ex. having 3 or more highly rated games, being important for the industry and their respective company and last but not least be in the top of their respective genre).
- The gun rule is stupid. Removing the Tharja trophy was stupid. At most including these into Smash would give it a rating of Teen still.
- I only purchased Lucas so that I'd have a complete roster. I still dislike Lucas.
- I hate Dr. Mario (it should have been Lip), Lucina (it should have been Roy from the beginning) and Dark Pit (they should have work in Wolf instead).

.n_n.

Naoshi

- I hate Dr. Mario (it should have been Lip), Lucina (it should have been Roy from the beginning) and Dark Pit (they should have work in Wolf instead).

.n_n.
Errrrm, I don't think Lip and Wolf would've happened even if those two weren't in the roster. Not sure if you're aware of how they were included, but they definitely did not waste any potential spot. Lip is not known outside of Japan, her game was localized as a Yoshi game. And regardless of her localization, I fail to see what Dr. Mario has anything to do with Lip... like at all.

I think it's a blessing that we got Roy as DLC though, as oni333 pointed out, he would been too much of a clone than the semi-clone he is now if not for that.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That 4chan leak was archived, so if the guy does post anything, it has to be in another thread. I would look for one but don't understand how to access the smash bros section of 4chan. It's nothing like the pokemon one...

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I *just* bought Splatoon. Please no hacks for at least three months.

Some unpopular opinions:

I think Master Chief, and Sora would be good additions to the Smash roster. The former represents modern day shooters and the later is from another famous crossover. If it wasn't for the gun issue MC would fit in. Sora has only legal hurdles to jump (depending if they use Disney characters).

I dislike how loud the competitive aspect of Smash is compared to the rest. It drowns out the rest of the community. The speculation community (us)/ just fans of the series have been ignored by the community as a whole for too long. Source Gaming is attempting to fix this, but if I had chosen to write about tournaments or played Smash 4 competitively I would have seen a lot more success, more quickly. Also, my patreon would probably be funded. Lastly in general the competitive community is immature. There's only a couple of people who act professional...yet they are surprised no one wants to sponsor them...

I'm a Nintendo fanboy, but I dislike fanboys who let Nintendo get away with stuff. I was against the slow drip of "free" Dlc with Splatoon as that content was on the disk. Nintendo got away with it which is why they did the same thing with Mario Maker. If the community spoke up about Splatoon we wouldn't have had the Mario Maker unlock either.

(probably not unpopular)
Source Gaming is a website that should've existed five years ago...at least. I don't know why it took everyone so long-term get all the information organized.

Tr1pleDee

Together now!
NNID
Tr1pleDee
3DS FC
2964-8670-3007
Switch FC
SW-6770-0026-7427
Finally caught up with this thread. Geez, you guys move fast. I've transformed into a lurker for the most part, but I'll still provide digital media/mockups/artwork and whatnot on occasion. Maybe animations, who knows. I guess I'm just not one to voice my opinion on most things.

With the exception of a certain trio...

Chorus Kid will never be in Smash
TRIGGERED
Chorus Kids would have been an amazing choice, and it's likely they'll still be his first choice for a RH character should Rhythm Heaven continue even further.
Untriggered. :upsidedown:

Anyway, you guys carry on with your silly arguments for now. I'll see if I can be more active. I like image editing, so if theres something you want to see made, I might be up to the task! (Maybe even artwork, just nothing to complex. Ex. Push's avatar) Depends on the day.

Naoshi

Man, I love SMB1's new songs in Mario Maker. Even though they don't sound a thing like music out of SMB1, they're still pretty great. Loving the new ghost house theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom