• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Neither of which will have the appeal Star Fox would've drawn in new users with.

I guess they could just try to push Mario Kart, Smash Brothers, Splatoon, and Mario Maker, but eh.

I think they just potentially lost a lot of Christmas business.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
If Xenoblade gets delayed I will probably throw something through a wall.

SFZ did seem to need a bit more polish though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Welp...

Nintendo doesn't have a holiday title.....

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Jesus Nintendo, you had one job. First Persona now this.

I GUESS MARIO MAKER AND XENOBLADE X ARE THE BIG HOLIDAY GAMES

>that sad feel when no Wolf

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
They literally can't afford to delay anything else right now, lol. Hopefully XCX will draw some good numbers.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I went to the Brawl character threads and... WOW, the salt and denial were real.
Like seriously, people complaining about R.O.B, saying things like Lucario is a clone, Ness over Claus is stupid, Geno deserves to be in Smash more than R.O.B., Wolf over Krystal is disgusting, if Wario is in K.Rool needs to be in, Isaac is a shoo-in and the Brawl leaks with Wolf are fake, Ridley can't be a boss, a 35 characters roster is terrible, Sakurai is stupid because he added a second Fox clone, etc.

It was funny and sad at the same time, there was also a "Brawl @ Burb Burb ", his name was A Link to the Snitch and he went to all the popular threads saying that those characters had no chances and that the leaks were real, explaining with logical arguments... everybody said he was a troll.
This was one of his posts "When Ridley, Geno, Krystal, and Claus are NPCs, I expect you to come back on your knees and apologize."

It was interesting.
That guy thought there was a chance of Geno getting into Brawl as an NPC?

Yeah, he's definitely not the Brawl version of Burb. Everyone knows that the true Burb wouldn't give Geno that much credit. :awesome:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
So....uhmmm...what is Nintendo's Christmas seller now? Because they just lost Star Fox.
Various amiibo.

Nintendo could stop making games and just become an amiibo company and they would probably do financially well.

Good news: Star Fox will come out complete
we have more time for wallets to recover

Bad news: Longer time before I can enjoy seeing Slippy Toad in sweet sweet HD

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

What games does Nintendo have for the holidays?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Starfox Zero is delayed? Not that surprising and could end up being a good thing. Maybe this is why Gamestop is now offering a preorder bonus of one of the Yarn Yoshi Amiibo with Yarn Yoshi? Either way, I was glad to have preordered it to begin with.

Chrono.

Good news: Star Fox will come out complete
we have more time for wallets to recover

Bad news: Longer time before I can enjoy seeing Slippy Toad in sweet sweet HD
What are you talking about? He's already in glorious HD.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm so happy Star Fox is delayed, I have so many games right now as Wii U has been on a roll. I need time to play them.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Wait.

This means that the Wii U is getting major support next year.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I'd take all those characters, but lol, Geno is such a long shot. I can get Shovel Knight and the Yokai Watch cat and how they'd be picked to release together, but Geno?
SMRPG was important in Nintendo history and it will be a smart choice if they picked him because he represent something special in Nintendo history.
Geno can represent the Mario RPGs seires and the relationship and the link between Nintendo and Square and from the game that started their relationship, and also he is most requested Square character since brawl and have big fanbase to this day so he is a kind of character that could create huge hype and SMRPG deserve more attention because this seires is forgotten and should come back to life again in some forms or at least cameos, also SMRPG was important in Nintendo history it was the ancestor of Mario paper and Mario and luigi RPG seires wich means without SMRPG those 2 seires wouldn't exist and also the Mario RPGs seires sold over 16.49 million copies, and SMRPG has already released worldwide unlike MOTHER 3, also Geno moveset could easily make him one of the most compettive character in smash history and brings a lot of new things to the table, Geno is the only 3rd party character that is a part of Nintendo since he is a Mario character and was created there and never leaved Nintendo console and he made a huge adventure with Mario unlike pac-man and sonic who just played sports/kart with Mario, Geno represent something special in Nintendo history rather than Square history and this game is about "Nintendo celebrities" and he fits this perfectly.
But hey I am not starting fight or anything

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So...

What games does Nintendo have for the holidays?
Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X and just copying and pasting last year's lineup of Smash, Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon and Fatal Frame 5.

BUY FATAL FRAME V. DON'T LET THE ONLY TRUE HORROR FRANCHISE DIE.

PLEASE BUY IT FOR SUPPORT, SUPPORT IT NOW

Chrono.

Next year's lineup so far
  • Pokken Tournament
  • Zelda U (maybe)
  • Star Fox Zero
What else?

EDIT: I forgot Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is releasing this year on the holidays as well

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
SMRPG was important in Nintendo history and it will be a smart choice if they picked him because he represent something special in Nintendo history.
Geno can represent the Mario RPGs seires and the relationship and the link between Nintendo and Square and from the game that started their relationship, and also he is most requested Square character since brawl and have big fanbase to this day so he is a kind of character that could create huge hype and SMRPG deserve more attention because this seires is forgotten and should come back to life again in some forms or at least cameos, also SMRPG was important in Nintendo history it was the ancestor of Mario paper and Mario and luigi RPG seires wich means without SMRPG those 2 seires wouldn't exist and also the Mario RPGs seires sold over 16.49 million copies, and SMRPG has already released worldwide unlike MOTHER 3, also Geno moveset could easily make him one of the most compettive character in smash history and brings a lot of new things to the table, Geno is the only 3rd party character that is a part of Nintendo since he is a Mario character and was created there and never leaved Nintendo console and he made a huge adventure with Mario unlike pac-man and sonic who just played sports/kart with Mario, Geno represent something special in Nintendo history rather than Square history and this game is about "Nintendo celebrities" and he fits this perfectly.
Here we go again.

At first you were irritating, but by this point, you're actually kinda funny.

Last edited:

AreJay25

Oh yeah, SMTxFE comes out next year too.

Edit: Actually comes out this year in Japan, but it's basically at the end of December.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't mind Zero being delayed if it helps the game get polished. At least Xenoblade X is still coming out this Christmas and there's already plenty of games coming out next year that I plan to get.

Also, I'm surprised that one creepy Mario Maker level hasn't popped up here yet.
Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X and just copying and pasting last year's lineup of Smash, Mario Kart, Hyrule Warriors, Splatoon and Fatal Frame 5.

I'm not a fan of the series myself, but my dad likes the Fatal Frame games and he's actually interested in getting it, so don't worry.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Oh gosh.

I want to...

But at the same time... You have no idea how terrified I am at ghost stories like this.

As a religious person, ghosts scare me more than any other spooky thing.

The fact that Fatal Frame is really good at it doesn't help....

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Oh gosh.

I want to...

But at the same time... You have no idea how terrified I am at ghost stories like this.

As a religious person, ghosts scare me more than any other spooky thing.

The fact that Fatal Frame is really good at it doesn't help....
You ain't no man Swamp. I thought you were special, you're a baby. Be a man, Face your fears, fight it out,

REACH OUT FOR THE TRUTH

Soul.

Ah yes, when Pokkén comes out on Wii U I'll be wasting my time searching for competitive Pokkén videos.
Until Nintendo talks about NX.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You ain't no man Swamp. I thought you were special, you're a baby. Be a man, Face your fears, fight it out,

REACH OUT FOR THE TRUTH
But the truth has horror based on disgusting and scary real world practices.

And spooks.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Here we go again.

At first you were irritating, but by this point, you're actually kinda funny.
Now Burb, don't be calling people irritating back handedly. Let's just agree to disagree on Geno.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Now Burb, don't be calling people irritating back handedly. Let's just agree to disagree on Geno.
Let's not make assumptions, either.

My reason for finding him irritating is not related to Geno. I'd feel the same way if it were literally any other character. The issue is more the repetitiveness.

AreJay25

Of course, we can't forget the inevitable Smash DLC.

Although I guess it doesn't really count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom