• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Let's not make assumptions, either.

My reason for finding him irritating is not related to Geno. I'd feel the same way if it were literally any other character. The issue is more the repetitiveness.
Inflammatory comments about other users are best kept in your head and off the site.

Or on Gamefaqs with my secret account :p

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Inflammatory comments about other users are best kept in your head and off the site.

Or on Gamefaqs with my secret account :p
Is that so?

Not sure why this sorta thing was never said any of the dozens upon dozens of times I was being flamed throughout my tenure here, but whatevs. :awesome:

Ok Miyamoto you are delaying the game and you have a buttload more time.

You now have no excuse for not having these 2.
No excuse? If anything it's more of an excuse. The delay means they're deciding to polish up the game more before releasing it.

Adding two more characters would set back development even further. There's a difference between fine-tuning stuff that's already in the game, and implementing completely new features.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Is that so?

Not sure why this sorta thing was never said any of the dozens upon dozens of times I was being flamed throughout my tenure here, but whatevs. :awesome:
We can't be everywhere buddy

Besides we love ya for your cynical outlook to keep us in check :p

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Ok Miyamoto you are delaying the game and you have a buttload more time.

You now have no excuse for not having these 2.
You trying to taint the brotherhood?!?!

I never played starfox aside from a demo and maybe 10 or 15 min of the gamecube version so have no idea who those two are

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
You trying to taint the brotherhood?!?!

I never played starfox aside from a demo and maybe 10 or 15 min of the gamecube version so have no idea who those two are
They're Fay and Miyu, two characters who were going to be in the cancelled Star Fox 2.

I like how we're still assuming he's this lock and the very real possibility of veteran DLC being over no longer exists.
Pretty sure he means a Star Fox Zero render.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I could see Geno getting in as a costume...but not as a full character. He's no longer relevant to any series nor will be. If Llyod got a costume for his appearance on the Gamecube game and for being a popular request pre-PacMan, I think Geno could get in on the costume action too. After all, he was ranked pretty high in my Japanese research.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I like how we're still assuming he's this lock and the very real possibility of veteran DLC being over no longer exists.
Wolf is an odd one in that regard

Actually lets have a quick poll since SFZ being delayed is fresh in our minds.

Do you think Wolf is being made? Is made? And will he be released stand alone or near the games release (possibly with) once SFZ is out. Or is he not happening?

Chrono.

I'm talking about SFZ.

Not that I disagree anyway.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
They're Fay and Miyu, two characters who were going to be in the cancelled Star Fox 2.

Pretty sure he means a Star Fox Zero render.
So it's not that they're failed characters, but that they were deemed unworthy of the opportunity to fail...

But seriously why was it canceled? I remember the snes one was simply moved to the N64, but I wasnt aware they had a direct sequel planed

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
So it's not that they're failed characters, but that they were deemed unworthy of the opportunity to fail...

But seriously why was it canceled? I remember the snes one was simply moved to the N64, but I wasnt aware they had a direct sequel planed
It was basically cancelled because Nintendo wanted the sequel on a stronger system.

The dumb thing about it is that the game was practically complete. There's a working prototype of it that you can actually play via emulator.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Wolf is an odd one in that regard

Actually lets have a quick poll since SFZ being delayed is fresh in our minds.

Do you think Wolf is being made? Is made? And will he be released stand alone or near the games release (possibly with) once SFZ is out. Or is he not happening?
I think the Mario Maker update is the final pre-ballot update. I'm of the opinion that all ballot characters will be newcomers, and I think it's a very real possibility that Lucas and Roy were intended to be the last veterans, based on the way Sakurai spoke of them in the New Content stream.

At the same time, I think if there's any remaining veteran DLC, Wolf is almost guaranteed. His competition at this point is a third party character with uncertain status (Snake), a technological impossibility (Ice Climbers), and the least requested veterans of all (Pichu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Young Link). If veterans are remaining, the only way he's not getting in is if they specifically choose someone from Melee, or if they decided to go for Snake.

All in all, I think the update with the Mario Maker stage could be make-or-break for Wolf.

I'm talking about SFZ.

Not that I disagree anyway.
Ohhhh, whoops, sorry, then!

Same impression I got. We know Wolf is in the game, as it's been hinted at. Nothing to do with Smash, really.
Hinted? Pigma flat out mentions him in some of the demo footage.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I prefer it this way, now Nintendo can try to hype me up more for Star Fox before it's released.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
SMRPG was important in Nintendo history and it will be a smart choice if they picked him because he represent something special in Nintendo history.
Geno can represent the Mario RPGs seires and the relationship and the link between Nintendo and Square and from the game that started their relationship, and also he is most requested Square character since brawl and have big fanbase to this day so he is a kind of character that could create huge hype and SMRPG deserve more attention because this seires is forgotten and should come back to life again in some forms or at least cameos, also SMRPG was important in Nintendo history it was the ancestor of Mario paper and Mario and luigi RPG seires wich means without SMRPG those 2 seires wouldn't exist and also the Mario RPGs seires sold over 16.49 million copies, and SMRPG has already released worldwide unlike MOTHER 3, also Geno moveset could easily make him one of the most compettive character in smash history and brings a lot of new things to the table, Geno is the only 3rd party character that is a part of Nintendo since he is a Mario character and was created there and never leaved Nintendo console and he made a huge adventure with Mario unlike pac-man and sonic who just played sports/kart with Mario, Geno represent something special in Nintendo history rather than Square history and this game is about "Nintendo celebrities" and he fits this perfectly.
But hey I am not starting fight or anything
WALL OF TEXT.

Wall of Text.

Oh, did I mention I live with a Geno supporter, have played the game, love Geno, would adore him in Smash, but realize his chances aren't that great, because while he starred in a game that started a whole subset of Mario spin-offs. He's ultimately just a really cool character that has put in one appearance and isn't even owned by Nintendo, but Square Enix.

A company that has at least 3 or 4 major video game franchises that deserve a representation in Smash Brothers for what they did to Nintendo before that one really cool character that appeared once in the Mario game they helped Nintendo make.

I'd adore Geno and sort of support him just because I want my friend to be happy, but he's one of the least likely characters of them all. He doesn't make sense to release alongside the most iconic indie character which is a thing Nintendo is very into right now, supporting indies.

Nor is he the mascot of a franchise that is huge in Japan and is hoping to make a new splash in the West.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I could see Geno getting in as a costume...but not as a full character. He's no longer relevant to any series nor will be. If Llyod got a costume for his appearance on the Gamecube game and for being a popular request pre-PacMan, I think Geno could get in on the costume action too. After all, he was ranked pretty high in my Japanese research.
I wouldn't think SE would okay the costume without having some other form of representation in the game.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I think it's a very real possibility that Lucas and Roy were intended to be the last veterans, based on the way Sakurai spoke of them in the New Content stream.
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now". There was also a Pic of the Day where Sakurai talked about how great it was having so many female characters after Zelda's reveal, which if you looked to deep into the way he spoke about it could be taken as "these are all the female characters in the game". I think you might be looking too deep into it.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I wouldn't think SE would okay the costume without having some other form of representation in the game.
I'm sure a deal could be made as it would probably require very little effort from SE. They would get royalties from the costume sale. Of course if a costume is in, then it would increase the chances of a SE character. I wonder what costumes we would get if Shovel Knight is in the game! Maybe other indie reps? I think all the costume waves have had 3rd party costumes in them so far.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I do think that we have a high chance of seeing Wolf this month. :wolf:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
It would be nice if Sakurai was like "hey we thought we'd make Wolf while we waited for the ballot results to come in". However I'm not expecting it.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Thank god StarFox is getting delayed. It looked shockingly mediocre and would've been prematurely released had it come out this holiday. It looked far from finished every time it was shown. People can say what they want, but honestly it looked very meh.

I'm sure there was a lot of internal pressure to keep SFZ as the holiday title given the lack of anything else (and considering that Zelda was in all likelihood initially supposed to play that role) but better a good SF game and a barren holiday than a title that will disappoint and do nothing to help continue an already precariously positioned series.

Hopefully with the extra time the game can be infused with more Platinum action, EAD polish and first-party Nintendo visuals.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I did read some of the reactions of the StarFox delay in 4chan, and one made me laugh a lot.

Edited with the post:

.n_n.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hmm... there is also that one theory of the potential second DLC stage not being tied to a newcomer.

I still think it's unlikely, but we'll see.
Theory? It's confirmed mate.

There's no reason to name it five otherwise.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Two Mario slots. We have no idea if those are for Wolf (speculated), Shovel Knight (rumored) or another character (depending on Pre ballot or post ballot). Of course we might not even get a character on the 30th; that's still speculation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
30th.

Last chance for Pre-ballot DLC and I think we're getting a character.
To be honest, I think we're getting more than the stage only. Another stage possibly, some Mii costumes, and hopefully a character. No update has seriously been small outside of of the respective balance patches. And sometimes those had actual things like characters/etc.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now". There was also a Pic of the Day where Sakurai talked about how great it was having so many female characters after Zelda's reveal, which if you looked to deep into the way he spoke about it could be taken as "these are all the female characters in the game". I think you might be looking too deep into it.
I've never once said that he definitely meant that veteran DLC is finished. Just that it was a possibility, and that it was the vibe I was getting. I'm not "looking too deep" into something if I'm not saying it's a fact.

I've literally never heard anyone even suggest that Zelda was the last female on the roster, by the way.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Two Mario slots. We have no idea if those are for Wolf (speculated), Shovel Knight (rumored) or another character (depending on Pre ballot or post ballot). Of course we might not even get a character on the 30th; that's still speculation.
Honestly, considering the awkward timing for Mario Maker, it wouldn't surprise me if those two were actually pre ballot DLC.

It could make sense considering that they wouldn't be sure just what they wanted with the ballot and I assume the number of characters would be included in that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom