• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social NintenZone Social 2.0: Remember That Time Candle Jack Visited Swa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul.

Of course Heroes' soundtrack is good. Sonic has never failed in music.
The game did feel repetitive, though. How many times did you have to get the Chaos Emeralds to get to Neo Metal Sonic.
also ps2 version is tr4sh never play it

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I feel like Heroes is just this:

Play Team Sonic and that's it. Team Dark is isn't even hard just insanely long for no reason and Team Rose just loses interest after the Ghost stages despite being short and Chaotix is just Chaotix. Hit and miss.

But even then Heroes is still entertaining than Shadow the Hedgehog despite having one gameplay formula but is just a worst Heroes considering you gotta beat the game 8 times to get the true ending and none of the other ending matter and it doesn't help that the missions suck, graphics sort of look worst than Heroes, sucky story and music that for the first time (before Chronicles and Rise of Lyric) that a Sonic game had really uninteresting or even good music aside from 2 tracks.

There's not a single track I don't like, my favourites are We Can, This Machine, Grand Metropolis, Power Plant, Egg Fleet, Egg Emperor and What I'm Made Of. Pure bliss, I'm still mad Seaside Hill got to be in Generations instead of Egg Fleet
Nope Rail Canyon/Bullet Station for Generations because Unlimited Grinding

Heroes is my 2nd favorite sonic game and the only one I enjoyed other than Generations (have yet to play Lost world or colors that look good though). It has been an absurdly long time sine I played that game though.

Screw chaotix though. Screw those damn flame lanterns. and screw stealth.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Of course Heroes' soundtrack is good. Sonic has never failed in music.
The game did feel repetitive, though. How many times did you have to get the Chaos Emeralds to get to Neo Metal Sonic.
also ps2 version is tr4sh never play it
Er, you only need to get the emeralds once, this isn't Sonic Advance 2
The only Problem with Heroes is that they never made a sequel to it.
That and they gave Tails and Knuckles Bubbles rather than their Super forms.
Sonic Heroes 2 for 25th anniversary or Heroes HD. Either or would be great.
Bring back Neo
Don't bring back Neo, bring back Metal in general! Make him the big bad again, have him overthrow Eggman again, make him feel threatening, have a Stardust Speedway-esque battle like Final Rush was in SA2, bring back Metal Overlord, just bring EVERYTHING! The Triple Trouble theme would be nice, though you only need to press A to beat Metal, if you know what you're doing, you don't need to move. Disgrace to Metal

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I feel like Heroes is just this:

Play Team Sonic and that's it. Team Dark is isn't even hard just insanely long for no reason and Team Rose just loses interest after the Ghost stages despite being short and Chaotix is just Chaotix. Hit and miss.

But even then Heroes is still entertaining than Shadow the Hedgehog despite having one gameplay formula but is just a worst Heroes considering you gotta beat the game 8 times to get the true ending and none of the other ending matter and it doesn't help that the missions suck, graphics sort of look worst than Heroes, sucky story and music that for the first time (before Chronicles and Rise of Lyric) that a Sonic game had really uninteresting or even good music aside from 2 tracks.
Didn't you have to beat Shadow 10 times to get the true ending?

But yeah, agreed. Shadow was a trainwreck of a game, and if I hadn't been in my edgy phase when it came out there's no way in hell I would've invested the time and effort to beat it. Some of those missions were absolutely God-awful, honestly.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Sonic Heroes' only problem IMO is having to play through the same level ~3 times (since Chaotix's versions were pretty different) and the ridiculous length of some of the later levels with Team Dark. Plus some glitches. I've always loved the game though. One of these days I'll go back and replay it, though admittedly the idea of playing the same levels repeatedly is kind of a drag and is probably one of the things holding me back.
I think the game gets more hate than it should, but I cannot justify having to play it 4 times in order to get the final ending...
Thus the repetitiveness. It would have been better to split the level between the groups instead of making slight modifications and not having the teams represent difficulty. Team Amy difficulty was annoyingly pathetic...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Are you sure? I thought you had to get them all 4 times
You're thinking of the Advance games, Get the emeralds with Team Rose and boom, done!

But yeah, agreed. Shadow was a trainwreck of a game, and if I hadn't been in my edgy phase when it came out there's no way in hell I would've invested the time and effort to beat it. Some of those missions were absolutely God-awful, honestly.
Hey...Ark missions

CannaFizz

Smash Apprentice
Shovel Knight's obviously inspired by Mega Man, and it's not something the game tries to hide, but he also takes inspiration from other things. Ducktales, Castlevania...Dark Souls. And in terms of how his game actually plays, he's pretty different from all of them. He definitely homages all this stuff though.
Well his Relics. Aren't they similar to Mega Man's copy abilities?
Not really.

Shovel Knight's relics are all bought in stages. They don't come from the boss and aren't ever boss weaknesses, except in one particular instance.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I don't remember the relics, you don't get the knight's abilities when you defeat them.
I was under the interpretation you did, I must be mistaking then. How about the fact that one of his key aspects are shared with :4villager:?
Shovel Knight's relics are more along the lines of Simon Belmont's items.
So that's what it was akin to.

Last edited:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Hey...Ark missions
That's exactly what I was thinking about but I didn't even want to mention it because I'm still too traumatized by that Artificial Chaos mission.

That moment when you realized you 100%'d Shadow as a kid :lol: :p
Same tbh. I'm glad I can check it off of my completion list without having to endure the rage I'd inevitably have to nowadays.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Heroes is my 2nd favorite sonic game and the only one I enjoyed other than Generations (have yet to play Lost world or colors that look good though). It has been an absurdly long time sine I played that game though.

Screw chaotix though. Screw those damn flame lanterns. and screw stealth.
Lost World isnt bad, but it's not good either. Level design is hit or miss, wisp seem thrown in, and the bosses were lame. The good is that the parkour elements were kinda fun, though sometimes I felt the animations could have been smoother and quicker. After beating the game I had no urge to go back and get the alleged Super Sonic ending.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I was under the interpretation you did, I must be mistaking then. How about the fact that one of his key aspects are shared with :4villager:?
So many characters have counters in Smash 4.

I think sharing a shovel motif with another character isn't that big a deal.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

So that's what it was akin to.
Mega Man has pewpew arm. Reaaaaaly similar to Samus. No, Killager uses one Shovel attack that ButtButt doesn't even do in his games
You poor sod

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I had a choice to buy Sonic Riders and Shadow and chose Riders despite my friends saying PICK SHADOW because it was supposedly better. Years later I went back to both games and I think I made the right decision.

Especially when I had to do those Artificial Chaos missions, driving missions and KILL ALL ENEMIES.

Man that game is straight trash and is easily worst than 06 but yet isn't as bad as Free Riders, Genesis nor Rise of Lyric

I did worst. I 100% Mario Party Adavnce.

That game is unfun as any other game

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Mega Man has pewpew arm. Reaaaaaly similar to Samus. No, Killager uses one Shovel attack that ButtButt doesn't even do in his games

You poor sod
True, well besides Link's down air, he seems fine by me! (Also akin to a certain rich duck)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
But can I just say that the one mission with Knuckles in the city (top left one iirc?) was suuuucccchhh a pain in the neck to deal with.

It was actually rage inducing for some reason lol :p
Oh God, are you talking about the one with the bombs? I hated that one. I don't think I ever completed the Hero mission on it because I always ran out of time.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Shadow The Hedgehog was one of those game where it had a few good ideas, but it should've been its own IP.

Chrono.

I played through 2 routes of Shadow couple months back (Pure Hero and Pure Neutral), it was fun for the first couple of levels, but the later ones are hell.

Especially the ARK flashback levels.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Ow the Edge is one of the worst Sonic games period, it tried way to hard to be edge and the story was a complete mess. The gameplay wasn't good either, it was very boring and lazy, and making Shadow an imortal alien was so stupid that I just can't go on. It's stupid.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I am pretty ashamed of myself for having done that. It's nearly as bad as Sonic 2006, without being half as funny.

At least it gave us this.
"This is like taking candy from a baby, which is fine by me."

Shadow, you're a scumbag, how could you do something like that!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom